Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

#EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping (38448 Views)

Oyegun Backs Call For Oshiomhole’s Resignation, Says Lacks Temperament / At Long Last Buhari Backs Call For True Federalism? / Senate Backs Buhari On Babachir Lawal’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by AHCB: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Let's see what fruit this effort will yield. If indeed SARS is scrapped, I'll truly believe in the power of social media.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
SmartyPants:
Scrapping SARS is not the solution.

SARS is essential but the problem is they are not properly controlled.

To start with it seems as though the recruitment policy is to select the roughest and most violent police officers as SARS members whereas such a unit by virtue of its power and liability to roguishness should be staffed only by highly educated and well trained officers who also possess the requisite level of roughness.
u are amongst the most sensible and critical thinker here but bro it's too late to amend...#EndSars#...The Society is better off without them...Do u people even watch international newsdo u know it's a human right violation and a criminal offence to even speak a foul word to an offender? Rubbish country...U people are in 2017 but behaves like u are in cave times...U kill ur own people without remorse or provocation...This murderers need to be expunged!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Wirelessmic(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.

Do you have to curse? o ye bros of little sense.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Crea2morrow: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

sars has done alot for me, if not for them, ph will be worst today

leave sars alone, they do more good than bad

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

plenty people no get sense
[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]
You are quite right, "plenty people no get sense", exactly what I thought after reading all you had to say on this issue. Please go to @BBCAfrica on twitter and listen to Yomi Kazeem's personal experience, if that doesn't help your thought process then, I'm afraid yours is a lost cause.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by opribo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
thank u For ur advice...We all know the meaning of the big big grammar and knw how to use them...But we don't need them...Since we have been hearing international best practices upandan it has never translated to anything in our everyday society...rule of law also has been reduced to a mere slogan...Please oga carry those grammar keep...Leave it at #EndSars#

No worry na, when the thing start na you go soon beg say where police dey.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by 5p1naz(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
Time to start the next campaign #EndCappedData
It's 2017 for God's sake we should have unlimited data for a very cheap price

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Biodunalley: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bevista:
A take away from the #EndSARS campaign is a demonstration of People Power. When a people are truly United in their demands, the Leaders are always forced to listen. Once there is tribal or religious posturing, then leaders find a loophole to exploit for their divide and rule tactics.
May God bless you for this you have said
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by 9jaDoc(f): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Of should be #EndNPF
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by biacan(f): 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

sars has done alot for me, if not for them, ph will be worst today

leave sars alone, they do more good than bad

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

plenty people no get sense
[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]
Hello Jude how are you doing........?
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by CharlieMaria(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to slap her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the issue to their village elders but if the neighbours refuse to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
Clown grin grin
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Hedonistically: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
motikorede:

Instead of acknowledging them ( EFCC , ICPC , SARS , POLICE , DSS ) ... We rather blame and sanction them for doing their executive duty.
Until we change our ideas and view about things in this country . We will forever remain very stupid .

The only stupid person I see here is you. What is the #EndSARS movement about? It is about the deviation of SARS from their core mandate. What is their core mandate? Fighting armed robbers (and kidnappers). What have they preferred to do instead? Chasing after unarmed civilians suspected to be yahoo boys... Checking one's phones for foreign numbers, etc. Does this make any sense to you? Why not channel your idiotic energy towards emphasising that SARS' duty is to fight armed robbery and kidnapping, NOT Internet fraud, for goodness sake. That's why the EFCC exists!

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Subonbon(m): 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nna na ur opinion for ur information God no dey punish anybody.. except sars
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by ugolinze123(m): 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to slap her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the issue to their village elders but if the neighbours refuse to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

kids everywhere
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.
it sound like your father is SARS, if not, you must be stupid
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Charly68: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
If they scrap SARS the senators won't be free on the street because armed robbers and kidnappers will be on the lose ..it is better the senate keeps quiet and allow the IG to manage the complaints against the group ..let SARS be reorganized in such a way that the bad eggs among them be fished out and dismissed .
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by myrtech: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
#EndSarsnow is only an extraction in the NPF who owns the responsibility to protect the populace and every officer needs to be in the uniform gear when on duty a way for the people to easily identify them which is only ideal in a civil society.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by BudeYahooCom: 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
SARS is just an organization full of small-brain touts, bandits, criminals, kidnappers, extortionists and murders empowered by banana republic of zoogeria to carry arms legally.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by vincentus16: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
asin eeh we have seen enough
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hedonistically:

The only stupid person I see here is you. What is the #EndSARS movement about? It is about the deviation of SARS from their core mandate. What is their core mandate? Fighting armed robbers (and kidnappers). What have they preferred to do instead? Chasing after unarmed civilians suspected to be yahoo boys... Checking one's phones for foreign numbers, etc. Does this make any sense to you? Why not channel your idiotic energy towards emphasising that SARS' duty is to fight armed robbery and kidnapping, NOT Internet fraud, for goodness sake. That's why the EFCC exists!

I see that you exude vague bellicosity . Mind you I don't argue with grumpy individuals , we will never comprehend each other point of view plus they will be insults.
I believe that if you have a brother , who work in SARS and coincidentally happen to be your family's bread winner , you will never support the motion #EndSARS .
In addition , if SARS got scraped , corruption will get intensed in this country . Instead of placing a ban on this unit ( SARS ) , why not train and limit their powers. if a comprise is reach here , the results will be such an aplomb to Nigeria and it citizens at large .
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by iamJ(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
biacan:
Hello Jude how are you doing........?
good, you?
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by prechking(m): 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
We need to put an end to this madness this people own to much #endsars
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Aleora(f): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
rifasenate11:
it has begun.. can't wait for the end of sars. #endsars
me too
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Awoleesu(m): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
. God punish Nigeria Breweries! See wetin beer cause!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by biacan(f): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
good, you?
Fyn hope we good now no more fight
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Naijasuper: 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
This comment hook me for throat lol.
"There was a day a group of thieves wanted to rob me, as I was running I saw SARS ahead. Immediately, I ran back to the thieves for safety "
#EndSars
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by timmymartinz27: 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:

Itz like u are a SARS official.if not I pray u experience dia brutality just once or dey try to rope u . U will know hw far by den
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Naijasuper: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
SARS has lost its way, lost the vision for which it was created. The way SARS afflicts Nigerian youths, even the devil is learning. Retweet to
#EndSARS �
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by iamJ(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
biacan:
Fyn hope we good now no more fight
cool cool cool
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by biacan(f): 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
I can swear that anybody supporting sars in this country, has never had any encounter with sars. Imagine someone pointing gun at u threatening to shoot you and nothing will happen.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
motikorede:

I see that you exude vague bellicosity . Mind you I don't argue with grumpy individuals , we will never comprehend each other point of view plus they will be insults.
I believe that if you have a brother , who work in SARS and coincidentally happen to be your family's bread winner , you will never support the motion #EndSARS .
In addition , if SARS got scraped , corruption will get intensed in this country . Instead of placing a ban on this unit ( SARS ) , why not train and limit their powers. if a comprise is reach here , the results will be such an aplomb to Nigeria and it citizens at large .
my guy start training who is like u have never seen any of them before and see how they look like. I just pray u never one day be a victim to them.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Drlilprinz:
my guy start training who is like u have never seen any of them before and see how they look like. I just pray u never one day be a victim to them.

Yes I have seen them. As a matter of fact am one of them . The way we see things differ frm each other . Instead of total eradication of SARS , why not discuss and plan ways of mitigating this problems and proffering alternative solutions which will benefit us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad / APC Chairmanship Aspirant, Others Die In Boat Accident On Way To Vote

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.