Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo (60584 Views)

Full Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Election. Pics / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
Somebody should tell Rochas that I have dated eight girls from Imo state.

I deserve a statue too.
Abi not grin

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Venovictory(f): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
very soon commissioner for divorcees go dey. Stupid man

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Arvinkris(m): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
Even United Arab Emirates has minister of happiness

The UAE now has a Minister of Happiness
By Nyree McFarlane
Smile, the UAE has a Minister of Happiness.
On Monday night HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai announced a restructure in the government.
One of the major changes? The creation of a role called The Minister of Happiness, who, as Sheikh Mohammed wrote last night, will “channel policies and plans to achieve a happier society.”
He added that “the Minister of State for Happiness will align and drive government policy to create social good and satisfaction.”
It has just been announced that the new Minister of Happiness for the UAE is H.E. Ohood Al Roumi.
Photo: Twitter/Dubai Media Office.
Al Roumi was recently the Director-General of the Prime Minister Office, where she worked on reform, innovation, service improvement, leadership development and bringing about new government initiatives.
She is also the first Arab member of the Global Entrepreneurship Council (GEC).
She was once Head of Economic Policy at The Executive Office HH Sheikh Mohammed, and before that she was the Manager of the Business Research at Dubai Chamber of Commerce. She holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a Bachelor’s in Economics.
The happiness announcement was made over Twitter as Sheikh Mohammed live tweeted to his 5.58 million followers. The theme was changes to the UAE government and it was part of the World Government Summit, which is being held in Dubai this week.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
Okpukpuike!!

ROTFLMAO!!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by blackaxe78: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nwades:
I am a proud Imolite and Rocha's is a working Governor, today owerri is among the most beautiful state capital I. Nigeria, imolites are happy people, the installment of a commissioner oh happiness is highly welcomed, little minds will not understand now but will copy later. Haters go and die

Imo and Enugu still remains the best places in the East.

I concur with you.

They just hating
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by XTLikeNat777: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
sinaj:
This is so funny grin

This man is really sick grin

Your dp, truly you?
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by yanabasee(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Tapout:
sometimes I feel ashamed to tell people that i'm from Imo state because of this man.

This is why he created a commission to Make dudes like u to be happy!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by martineverest(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Rochas is working.... After all, happiness is a good fever
.. � lol

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by kn23h(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Igbo leaders keep bringing shame to Nigeria on an international level.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by NaijaEfcc: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nwades:
I am a proud Imolite and Rocha's is a working Governor, today owerri is among the most beautiful state capital I. Nigeria, imolites are happy people, the installment of a commissioner oh happiness is highly welcomed, little minds will not understand now but will copy later. Haters go and die
angry

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by blackaxe78: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2017
sacluxisback:

Your stupidity knows no bounds....

Its no stupidity

Its a fact!

A glaring one.

Outside Enugu. No Eastern state can stand at par with Imo

Forget Noise making and face reality on ground
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by JERRYABC2(m): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
I thing this man should step down, buhari should do something before it get out of hand.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Mechejy: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
computerwiz2:
A Nigerian governor has created a new role for his sister - as commissioner for happiness and couples' fulfilment.

Rochas Okorocha unveiled the post during the swearing in of 27 other new commissioners for Imo State.

It is not the first questionable decision the governor has made in recent times.

Earlier this year, he unveiled a statue dedicated to South African President Jacob Zuma - a man who has no apparent links to the south-eastern state

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42239108

Lalasticlala

This gov should be impeached immediately because he is an embarrassment to Nigeria. Buhari should declare a state emergency in the state because the law makers and people of the state appears to be helpless.
you people should understand that b/f they mount throne, they agree to obey thier witch doctors to the core which affects thier sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by MaKenz: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=Nwades post=63012749]I am a proud Imolite and Rocha's is a working Governor, today owerri is among the most beautiful state capital I. Nigeria, imolites are happy people, the installment of a commissioner oh happiness is highly welcomed, little minds will not understand now but will copy later. Haters go and die[Oh death! where is thy clutch]
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Creating a Ministry of Happiness and Purpose fulfillment is supposed to be good news, but appointing his own Sister to head the Ministry has tainted a brilliant appointment with nepotism.

The critics of the Ministry will not say that Happiness is not important, neither will they say that Fulfillment is a bad thing, but they will continue to echo the cacophony that the money would have been used to pay Salaries and provide infrastructures, for Christ's sake, we need another Ministry of Love and Life Purpose, because we have all forgotten, that the most important reason that we hurstle every day is to make money, so we can buy happiness, buy Love and Sex, buy cars so we can be loved and appreciated and we in turn will be happier.

Just may be, Rochas is not truly a psychiatric case, but if he is truly inspired to create this ministry and he has a means of making happiness a fulcrum of that ministry, instead of a money laundering and fraud front, then it will be a delight to begin to use that ministry to teach the people that happiness is available for everyone, that you do not need to have money to be happy.

So, Yes I support the creation of such Ministry, but appointing his own sister as a head is not a clever decision.

It could just be that Rochas ideas have made him crazy truly as he said.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Dafreeguy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Commissioner of happiness?? Lol..am an imo dude,am glad that its been years I went home last.I just don't believe in imo state under this governor. Seems he has lost his vision. Abeg na who commissioner of happiness epp?

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by fakuta(f): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
We keep talking and complaining and they keep getting what they want. My fellow Nigerians it time to act
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by sinaj(f): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
XTLikeNat777:

Your dp, truly you?
my sister
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Mechejy: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
JERRYABC2:
I thing this man should step down, buhari should do something before it get out of hand.
is jubril...sorry buhari any better

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by nkemdi89(f): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
If you must know, ogechi ololo is the closest to him among all his siblings, he doesn't joke with her and she has been the one taking care of his investments in Owerri long before he was elected as a governor, there is nothing he won't do for her and she is the second in command after his wife. That portfolio is nothing compare to positions ogechi has held in the state.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Sirwallace(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
this remind me of one of those weird and strange news we get from Zimbabwe and Kenya. funny its coming from our own shore.
this Rochas na malaka.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by AceRoyal: 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
SupremeBeast:
being in the news is good but being in the news for the wrong reasons is shear dumbness and okorocha is seriously destroying any chance of an igbo becoming president of Nigeria.
He'll never be president of this country.
The irony of it all is that for him to appoint a commissioner for happiness, it means he knows that Imolites are really sad.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by ugolinze123(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
I give up cry cry
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by luwabrooklyn(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
Tapout:
sometimes I feel ashamed to tell people that i'm from Imo state because of this man.
you should be ashamed

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by DaRuud(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
I have never been so angry than the way our governors are just inhumane , callous , stupid , lackadaisical, myopic , anserine , blockheaded , duncical ,foolish, witless , thick-skulled , wooden-headed , yokel-like ,pea-brained , cockamamie ,harebrained ,ludicrous, misbegotten, scatterbrained , whacky , nonsensical, lumpen. . . . . . . like this present government , how on earth will he appoint his sister as I " commissioner for happiness " ?

2 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by dikeigbo2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Which Ngene?....dead or cremated living one

BUHARItesticles:
Ngene will jump in his support because Okorocha is in APC and supports Bubu

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Veeflow(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamleumas:
Hit the Like button to vote for him. grin

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Acepen(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nwades:
who is hating on IMO? My friend get out, What is there to understand rather than wasted resources

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Racing(m): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
Tapout:
My brother We are on the same page. Rochas has made Imo a laughing stock in the eyes of the world.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Gkemz: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable. Rochas has forgotten the reason people elected him to represent them.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Codedruns001(f): 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
Owerri girls - I saw this poster in front of Concorde hotel. Clearly that's the happiness the governor wants for Owerri girls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS / President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy / Buhari To Address The Nation On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.