Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo (60582 Views)

Full Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Election. Pics / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / “Like. Share. Kill” – BBC Report On How Fake News Has Led To Deaths In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by LasGidiOwner: 2:46am On Dec 06, 2017
Tapout:
sometimes I feel ashamed to tell people that i'm from Imo state because of this man.

Chai..lol

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by XTLikeNat777: 3:49am On Dec 06, 2017
sinaj:
hmm

Why you asking pls?

It's supposed to be a private discussion once I can verify if it's you for real
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by discusant: 4:28am On Dec 06, 2017
Codedruns001:

Ooh please.. That's was not the reason.
Rochas.had ill thought out ideas of concurrent development of the whole state.
His schools and hospital projects were spread across every local government.however suddenly he changed gear and focused solely on Owerri as it appears.
Why?

Crash in oil price.

Oil crashed by half. So state allocations fell by half .

If imo state received 2billion a month previously, after salaries and loan repayments the state might have 1b left for development . However with the oil price halved, imo state allocation halved to N1Billion.
Imo state and many other state found they could no longer pay salaries or loan commitments, contractors etc.

Hence with the little money Rochas squeezed out from non-payment of salaries to our poor teachers and state workers , he decided focusing on only in Owerri will better highlight his effort.

It's like a man who has only one gallon of paint to paint a house., would you advise him to embark on an attempt to paint the full house with that one gallon or focus on one room- the main living room?

trying to rub and shine the whole house. That will make a mess of the house. Best to focus on one room- the living room and paint it proper.

It is politically incorrect, in fact, borders on defrauding rest of the state, if for lack of funds, a state government concentrates most of the little it earns to providing infrastructure only in the state capital.

There is no clause in Nigeria's constitution stating that a state capital is privileged to have more government development infrastructures than rest of the state.

If checks and balances work well in a govt, and elections are won based on good performance in office, a governor who for any reason uses most of the state's Capital Development Budget on provision of development infrastructures solely for the state capital, may face revolt from the legislative wing of the government, because the legislators are accountable to their respective local government areas, not to the indigenous people of the state capital.

"Build us a Befitting State Capital in Owerri to be like Dubai in Africa, future governors may start to look into developing Orlu and Okigwe areas ." This was a proposal from a most disingenuous group in Imo state to Gov. Okorocha around 2013. He swallowed the proposal hook, line and sinker.

Paucity of funds could not have made a governor of a state abandon rest of his state, including vital road projects he started earlier, but retires to the state capital to build eight lane streets, flyovers, tunnels, Inland roads, bye pass roads, demolish markets and build new ones, etc, etc, all in the state capital.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by crixlight2(m): 5:04am On Dec 06, 2017
Nwades:
I am a proud Imolite and Rocha's is a working Governor, today owerri is among the most beautiful state capital I. Nigeria, imolites are happy people, the installment of a commissioner oh happiness is highly welcomed, little minds will not understand now but will copy later. Haters go and die

Don’t mind them , we now have MINISTRY OF HAPPINESS AND ENJOYMENT MATTER

what do you think they would be doing in that ministry , can’t wait to get job there
#drink all day , party all night
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Daboomb: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2017
Nwades:
I am a proud Imolite and Rocha's is a working Governor, today owerri is among the most beautiful state capital I. Nigeria, imolites are happy people, the installment of a commissioner oh happiness is highly welcomed, little minds will not understand now but will copy later. Haters go and die

Please, biiko, EXPLAIN what this Commissioner for "Happiness and Couples" is all about.
I confess, I nor understand shiishi.
I am humble and willing to learn, please
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Kingspin(m): 5:59am On Dec 06, 2017
The governor has lost his mind
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by geeben112: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2017
Commissional for happiness a name, title, aka, or political appointment?
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by ReachHard: 6:24am On Dec 06, 2017
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by guru90: 6:25am On Dec 06, 2017
omooba969:

You need English evening lessons. cool
warri guy!
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by ReachHard: 6:27am On Dec 06, 2017
Tapout:
sometimes I feel ashamed to tell people that i'm from Imo state because of this man.

bros, If you say 'sometimes', then it means the 'remaining other times', you're still proud of the nincompoop. As it were.

Naija people no even sabi vex well. cheesy
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by speedchariot(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2017
grin Igbo not IBO. Mind you, Rochas is not an Igbo man. In Ask Nnamdi Kanu ...Okorohausa.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by menxer: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2017
But what is wrong with that?

Remember, the Government of Spain appointed a Minister of Sex, so what's it with Imo State's Commissioner of Happiness?

All these appointments are to meet a specific need deemed necessary for the well being of the people by the government.

In Spain couples are not having enough sex, which by extension is affecting their population and the government did something about it, so also in Imo state, there is not much happiness else the appointment of a Commissioner of Happiness .
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:19am On Dec 06, 2017
Nwades:

I have seen fools before, but urs is of higher order. Owerrri has ways been a beautiful city even before u were born. Rochas can't even sustain d beauty of d city as seen with several potholes and bad spots all around owerri town. And as for d installment of his sister as commissioner of happiness, the question is why didnt he install u or any member of ur family? At least d money would circulate, hell no. Instead he put his sister to steal allocation from an imaginary office and one hungry fool is here saying rubbish.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Leopantro: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2017
Abagworo:
It's a sponsored report by opposition. Tell them to simply show photo or video evidence of the woman being sworn in and they will shut their mouth. As for me I keep wondering why Okorocha pays no attention to the media blackmail against him and conspiracy to cover up his achievements while making outsiders believe a script written and being acted against him. He should arrest the individual behind the fake twitter account for a start.

Even you, his number one boot licker on NL cannot believe that your Governor you worship can do such a thing.

O ya, see the proof

GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE

PRESS RELEASE

SUBJECT: THE MINISTRY OF HAPPINESS AND PURPOSE FULFILMENT WAS CREATED BY GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA ON THE 4TH OF DECEMBER 2017 TO ADDRESS ISSUES RELATING TO THE CITIZENS’ HAPPINESS.

The real essence of life is to be happy and to fulfill one’s purpose in life.

Government officials are elected to address this.

This is the very reason people elect their leaders to guarantee their happiness and purpose fulfillment.

A great leader therefore, is one who provides happiness to the people.

Unfortunately, this vital element of our social life has not been properly addressed. Governments at different levels have created several ministries and departments to achieve this, yet people are bitter, angry with hate speeches which lead to crisis, war and even terrorism.

To be happy and achieve purpose means different things to different people. Generally,

1. People are happy when they see their children going to good schools.

2. People are happy when they are in a secured environment and can work freely in their areas of residence.

3. People are happy where they can relax and admire a beautiful environment.

4. People are happy when they know they can access good and quality health care facilities.

5. The Youth are happy, when they can get good jobs, marry, have children and train them.

There is no activity of mankind that is not geared towards providing happiness.

In today’s world, especially in our country, millions of people are not fulfilling their purpose in life because of lack of mentorship and guidance. There is complete talent abuse as people no longer engage in life activities suitable to their talents.

Sometimes in university environments, students are made to study courses they ordinarily would not like to do.

Happiness and Purpose Ministry therefore, is established for the last time to correct the POLICY FRAMEWORK to guide Ministries and Department on what they must do to guarantee the citizens happiness and contribute better to the society.

Governor Rochas Okorocha in one of his public speeches stated “My Social Contract with the people is to make them happy. Political power to me therefore is a trust which can only be justified when used to make my people happy”.

This is why in the past 6 years as Governor of Imo state he introduced several programmes aimed at making the people happy such as; Free Education, Urban Renewal, Back to Land, Health at your Door Step, Youth Millionaire Program, Youth Request Work Program, Secure the State Program, Community Government Council, State Development Council etc.

The choice of Mrs Ogechi Ololo; a Masters Degree Holder in Computer Science, USA who has been the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor on Domestic Matters and Food Security can be described as a round peg in a round hole. Before her appointment as the supervisory commissioner, She was charged with the responsibility of Liaising with the Federal Government on N-Power Project, CBN Anchor project & BOI, Empowerment Projects.

Governor Rochas Okorocha has also created other Similar Ministries such as the Ministry of Non Formal sector and Market development to address issues of the poor state of Imo Markets where Millions of Imolites converge everyday for their daily existence and to organize the non-formal sector to make them more productive.

The Ministry of education now has 3 Ministries; Primary and secondary, Tertiary & non-Formal Education, ICT, Science and Technology.

Its our belief that these Ministries, when fully functional will provide Happiness to our people.

Finally, there was a typographic error in the first Statement issued on the swearing-in of the new commissioners. The word “Couple” was inadvertently written, instead of the word “Purpose”. We regret that.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by percyking: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2017
GraGra247:
So this pathetic story is true after all.

What a mockery. Even international community take style dey mock us so tey e don land for BBC.

Where in the history of mankind has there been a commissioner for happiness.

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES(UAE)
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by ChristineBKe: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2017
So they're against happiness?
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Adaomalight(f): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2017
Dafreeguy:
Commissioner of happiness?? Lol..am an imo dude,am glad that its been years I went home last.I just don't believe in imo state under this governor. Seems he has lost his vision. Abeg na who commissioner of happiness epp?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is not ordinary, I gat to take your matter to CAC.
You have to come back home
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by IamSINZ(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2017
Amarabae:
Is this true? Nawa o. Why is Dia different reports here and there over this. If it is true, okorocha has messed up in a big way
Are you from IMO state?
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by JohnSAlexand: 8:11am On Dec 06, 2017
Just Imagine what this Mugu, Intoxicated Fool, Status Builder Idiot is doing
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by rafindo(m): 8:25am On Dec 06, 2017
Abagworo:
It's a sponsored report by opposition. Tell them to simply show photo or video evidence of the woman being sworn in and they will shut their mouth. As for me I keep wondering why Okorocha pays no attention to the media blackmail against him and conspiracy to cover up his achievements while making outsiders believe a script written and being acted against him. He should arrest the individual behind the fake twitter account for a start.
Finally your foolishness as now metamorphosed into a disease, pls see ur doctor for medication.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by harriet412(f): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2017
blackaxe78:

Its no stupidity

Its a fact!
A glaring one.

Outside Enugu. No Eastern state can stand at par with Imo

Forget Noise making and face reality on ground
kikikikiki, lemme laugh small grin grin grin
IMO state and their terrible road structure
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Profusamah: 8:53am On Dec 06, 2017
Imo is filled with hotels and brothels. It generates a lot from them. So, if the government, in its wisdom, decides to establish a ministry that would ensure that customers get satisfaction for their money. Why the fuss ?
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by jobbers: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2017
I think amireappropriate title would have been Minister for Social Work
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by MightySparrow: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2017
Tapout:

This Man is ashamed that you're an Igbo indigene. This idiot once vied for Nigerian presidency. If we had been deceived we would have elected him to be building epitaphs, statues, and effigies all around Nigeria.

And this one is one of the foremost Igbo leaders.

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by MightySparrow: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
I think amireappropriate title would have been Minister for Social Work

Rather, Commissioner for Enjoyment and Merriment Affairs.
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Lincoln275(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2017
Tapout:
e yah, accept my sympathy
Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by tribalistseun: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2017
Nwades:
close your mouth, stop sounding like a fooll. Imolites are known for their intellectual brains. But it's clearly that you no follow.

If don't know why Rochas open that position for his sister, then you're a Dundee.

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by deadie(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2017
ElPadrino33:
New flashy baby names:

Onyeakpuziri (he that was molded well)

Okpukpuomachi (statue of the Lord)

Chimakpuolam (God has molded me)

Okpukpuike (strong statue)

Okpukpuchukwu (God's statue)

Chikpuzie (God mold well)

Chikpuru (God molded)

Chikpuwa (God continue molding)

Chigaakpu (God will mold)

Chikpurumdikaya (God molded me like Him)

Kachisirikpuo (How God molded)

Suggested by Commissioner for Happiness & Couples Fulfilment, Imo State.

�����
Haha, make I add a few my own abeg

Chinakpu (God molds)

Nkechikpuru, Onyechikpuru (The one molded by God)

Chikaakpu (God molds better)

Chikpumaram (God molded me well)

Onyeakpuru (the one that was molded)

Okoroakpuru, Nwokeakpuru (the man that was molded)

Chikpukara (God molds better)

1 Like

Re: BBC Report On "Imo State Commissioner Of Happiness- Photo by Dafreeguy(m): 11:53am On Dec 06, 2017
Adaomalight:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is not ordinary, I gat to take your matter to CAC.
You have to come back home

Lol..u don't need to do that ..let him erect my statue and I will gladly come back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Relaxes On His Bentley Car In His Warri Mansion. Photos / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS / President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.