Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press (63137 Views)

Atiku Shuns PDP Youths Hires Foreigner As Social Media Consultant / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' / Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:26am On Dec 08, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
They want to liberate your poor soul from the pangs of man-made poverty leveled in it by APC government.

Maybe he also got part of the money from the padded budget for Aso Rock rent and kitchen utensils under barawo bubu and his 40 thieves cabal presidency. grin cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366314_126542584333041968758808079643164551849331n2_jpeg2a66242ff194ad643009c703a17b3723

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3366370_125927734333042835425381910869646342089244n1_jpeg1d4b88cded8ebcb69839caf542969a5a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3475931_apc_jpegac400acfc063c990eecab1effb6ce5fc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by romeorailss: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2017
emmie14:
But atiku have the support and mandate of the party executives council to speak to pdp. What is the relevance of IBB in his ambition?

Naso me sef dey wonder o. But that guy will never rule Nigeria. It's body written allover him why he wants the no. 1 office so bad angry
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:32am On Dec 08, 2017
shosky1794:
I guess his ambition is dead on arrival to IBB.
If only he and his 'adopted' supporters can see the handwriting on the wall. But what do I know. PDP needs his deep pocket

The same way that saintly barawo bubu and his 40 thieves cabal needed the deep pocket of AmaeTHIEF in 2015

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Mirallas: 9:32am On Dec 08, 2017
anonimi:

IBB can mobilise more votes than you and other "smart" youths can do with your online comments that is not backed with money contributions to political parties.
Do you understand that simple logic or should I break it down further

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4286217_423257413314623909196119191264982158jpeg7821c6dd6531a8a1b9fbdc64c6805cd6_jpeg48f719e5265ace0f92e2e7b0157d4f8d
You are very inspiring, nevertheless this is Nigeria and Africa where stupidity thrives and gullibility,low self esteem, lack of rational thinking and logic, common sense on the larger scale and most importantly lack of luck(controversial).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by emmie14: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2017
romeorailss:

Naso me sef dey wonder o. But that guy will never rule Nigeria. It's body written allover him why he wants the no. 1 office so bad angry
I don't like him either. What did he forget in Aso rock? Is that establishment meant for a particular set of people? But against Buhari I will vote for Atiku. Let APC chose a better candidate. Fashola is there.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Yyeske(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2017
Just negodi!!!!
See how pained Atikulators are trying to rope Buhari into what doesn't concern him. Meeting was between IBB and Atiku and I didn't see where it was written that Buhari was invited.
Very pained Atikulators, go and beat IBB in his house na

3 Likes

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2017
Mirallas:
You are very inspiring, nevertheless this is Nigeria and Africa where stupidity thrives and gullibility,low self esteem, lack of rational thinking and logic, common sense on the larger scale and most importantly lack of luck(controversial).

Thanks for the compliments.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2017
Mirallas:

The funny thing thing is that u are not different from him.

I see undecided
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Sanchez01: 9:37am On Dec 08, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Your analysis though hollow was taking form until you brought in the jagaban angle.

Is Tinubu the life wire of SW politics? Yes!!!!

But he is for sale to the highest bidder. Make him an offer he cannot refuse...

Atikulate fast and forget about Tinubu.

Tinubu is one politician I know that loves to lead from aso rock but lacks the courage to officially declare it because of his baggage..
How you guys think beat my imagination.

Tinubu might be interested in Aso Rock but you should know that a Muslim/Muslim ticket is dead on arrival just as a Christian/Christian ticket.

There is no bid Atiku would bring to the fore that would excite Tinubu whose influence ushered in Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:39am On Dec 08, 2017
emmie14:
I don't like him either. What did he forget in Aso rock? Is that establishment meant for a particular set of people? But against Buhari I will vote for Atiku. Let APC chose a better candidate. Fashola is there.

Fashola is not qualified to be president since he is not one of the owners of naijeriya who are born-to-rule.
And when they are refused, like in 2011, they unleash their almajiris to soak the kafir dogs and baboons in blood.
Otherwise why should a law professor be vice president to a dumb and deaf illiterate old soldier who needs three months of medical tourism in London to stay alive

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by emmie14: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2017
anonimi:

Fashola is not qualified to be president since he is not one of the owners of naijeriya who are born-to-rule.
And when they are refused, like in 2011, they unleash their almajiris to soak the kafir dogs and baboons in blood.
Otherwise why should a law professor be vice president to a dumb and deaf illiterate old soldier who needs three months of medical tourism in London to stay alive

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
What is the meaning of one Nigeria?
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by victorDanladi: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2017
NCP:
All these Lagos-Ibadan Ewedu media propaganda houses will not deter our man, Chief Athiefcrook from getting the 2019 flight ticket back to Adamawa.

Na by force to smile. At least bros don smile with de crowd before him see IBB.

Vanguard newspaper has also become yoruba mediagrin

Aye awon omo Igbo abi IPOB terrorists ti wa ta poooo

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:47am On Dec 08, 2017
e
GuntersChain:
only ibb and atiku were in the sitting room for the discussion, just mere assumption

The thing tire me o.
Besides, such visits are really for PR purposes. The main issues would have been discussed beforehand.
Lets watch and see.
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by smileyoo: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
The same Igbos who warned us not to be slaves to Hausa fulanis are now rooting for Atiku. Is our God not a wonderful God?
wrong. ibos 're not even rooting for atiku, but any moveable human being, with a fair sense of justice, unlike bubu is highly welcome as the president in 2019. ibb knew that accepting atiku as pdp presidential nominee is like making success very easy for bubu & his apc at the 2019 polls. Atiku is a no-match for bubu, therefore a bad market. let pdp package a very young man with genuine sense of patriotism & a thirst for nation building, these old bigots and crooks, can't move our nation forward.
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by shehuAO: 9:49am On Dec 08, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
The same Igbos who warned us not to be slaves to Hausa fulanis are now rooting for Atiku. Is our God not a wonderful God?
you dey mind them, they are all bunch of confused people. Atikuchukwu is only confusing them.
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by FBIL: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2017
ibedun:
This news will harm Biafrans. AtikuChukwu see ya life.

But wait o! This country is run by a cabal of ex military generals.
Have Biafrans told you whom they've adopted as their choice come 2019? Some of you from no-where just think mentioning Biafra in your rants brings relevance to you. If you like rule for 100 years, dominate all the security forces, we don't care. The country as it is, will never work because it has never worked. A country that can't give itself constant electricity at this modern time where those behind us have overtaken, that one is not a country. Biafrans love progress, dynamism; you love stagnancy and business as usual. This is why we aren't the same, and will never be. So stop junketting all over the cyberspace looking for meaningless ''likes''. The ''likes'' don't add anything to your pocket. Instead, you waste time, energy and money on megabytes. Sorry!!

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Gamusgamus: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=odiks post=63081068]2019 Presidency: Angry Atiku shuns press, others after talks with IBB

Journalists and supporters of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar were, yesterday, shocked after the former vice-president came out from a meeting with former President Ibrahim Babangida with a long face reflective of a RED CARD shown to his 2019 presidential aspiration.

Atiku, who arrived Minna airport to a cheerful reception from his supporters, breezed past the same supporters after a one and half hour closed-door meeting with Babangida during which the latter was said to have asked him to forget his presidential aspiration.

Atiku meets Babangida

The former Vice President arrived the Minna International Airport in a private aircraft, marked T7AAA, at about 12.15 p.m.

He was met at the Airport by Niger State Deputy Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Ketso, and a team of PDP officials, led by the immediate past governor of the state, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu; the state party chairman, Tanko Beji, among others.

Atiku then proceeded to greet scores of supporters who had been waiting to welcome him but had not been allowed by airport security personnel to approach the tarmac.

Following the airport ceremonies, he immediately drove straight to the former Military President’s uphill mansion and on arrival, was ushered into one of the sitting rooms.

After the exchange of pleasantries, Atiku, Babangida and former Governor Aliyu were left alone.

Vanguard gathered that after spending about 45 minutes in the meeting, Aliyu was also excused out of the sitting room, leaving only Atiku and Babangida who stayed together for another one and half hours.

Though none of the two men spoke at the end of the meeting, Vanguard reliably gathered that the ambition of the former president hit a brick wall as Gen. Babangida was said to have advised him to drop his presidential ambition smiley.

Atiku, who was besieged by anxious journalists immediately after the long meeting, snubbed them as his security aides prevented them from even going close to him.

“Please pave way; he is not ready to speak with you,’’ the body guards chorused, as their boss made straight for his waiting vehicle that drove him to the airport.

At the airport, the former Vice President also shunned party supporters and journalists who had waited patiently to bid him bye-bye.

Wearing a long face cool, the former vice president walked straight into the aircraft; a development Vanguard gathered arose from the negative nod from President Babangida to his presidential aspiration.

Culled from Vanguard Newspaper

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/angry-atiku-shuns-press-others-after-talks-with-ibb/
[/q]Fake news
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by AmTruth: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2017
[/color][color=#006600]
newbornmacho:
Thunder fire IBB...mtcheewww....useless corruption master. Atiku should please pursue his constitutional rights and not listen to people who never won even a local council election in Nigeria. IBB is not a Democrat and has not earned the right to lecture anybody on democracy, he should be serving jail time for coup plotting and looting of the treasury. Nonsense. fool.
newbornmacho:
Thunder fire IBB...mtcheewww....useless corruption master. Atiku should please pursue his constitutional rights and not listen to people who never won even a local council election in Nigeria. IBB is not a Democrat and has not earned the right to lecture anybody on democracy, he should be serving jail time for coup plotting and looting of the treasury. Nonsense. fool.
newbornmacho:
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by ManirBK: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2017
Atiku2019:
Sail On Atiku We are solidly behind you
Jaki ya sha wuta!

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2017
Goke7:

grin is pdp that is not deceptive right? your photos still can't save the pdp

leave this guy, his motivations are tribal, you can see the hatred and bitterness in all his posts. He is not interested in common sense and rational thinking. You insult Buhari up and down, abuse the Northerners and then you throw your support for Atiku.....really? There is a reason why an Ijaw man became president before a man from the SE and there is a reason why IBB will not back Atiku and his plans to pick a SE VP....The North are not going to make the mistake of GEJ again.

People need to deal with the realities on ground, until such a time when the youths take control of the destiny of this country and chart their future anew, the politics of this country will always be a politics of tribe and region and in that respect, the North have the trump card like it or not. For them political power is important, dont shoot the messenger...that's just our reality. Therefore when they hand over power to a southerner, they need to trust that it will be handed back to them after 8 years....GEJ broke that trust. Not only that there has been a lot of hatred from people from the SE. While people from the Se are busy threatening and hurling insults, the SW is busy endearing themselves to the north as a trustworthy partner in this our turn by turn style of national politics. OBJ did his term and handed it back to them, Osinbajo has been a dependable deputy especially in buhari's enforced absence. So you tell me if you were a northern power broker, who would you feel comfortable handing over power to? Would you feel comfortable backing a 71 year old Atiku and a SE vp knowing what happened to GEJ. IBB may be in PDP but his 1st constituency is the North.

Buhari will run his 2 terms and either Amaechi or Osinbajo will become the next president in 2023 because they have shown they can be trusted. Make all the noise you want you dont have the votes, the political relevance or trust of the other voting blocks to make any difference to the political equation.

I am not saying I endorse this type of politics but that's the reality of our politics. If I were from the SE, instead of antagonizing the very people I need to achieve my anbitions, I would realise that the terrain does not favour me and start to build alliances and rebuild trust because that's the only way it will ever rotate to your region, unfortunately the only political figure from the SE who seems to realize this is himself an unelectable slowpoke...Rochas.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by ProWalker: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2017
anonimi:

Thanks for the compliments.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689

You did more than this in pre-2015 election for Jonathan, what did you get? Loser!!! grin grin
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by ExInferis(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2017
But if no one else was in the room, and neither party spoke to the press...

...how did Vanguard know what IBB supposedly said?

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by GameGod(m): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2017
python1:
IBB don buy better market grin They are now searching for him grin grin grin
grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by GoodMuyis(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2017
python1:
Not Atiku again? grin cheesy
Nnamdi Fayose Atikuchukwu

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2017
Pls babagida help me tell the political prostitute.
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by anonimi: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2017
ProWalker:
You did more than this in pre-2015 election for Jonathan, what did you get? Loser!!! grin grin

That is why I am not in your BMC crew.
It is not about what I get. It is about patriotic love of country.
Enjoy your crumbs from the looters table while it lasts.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2017
ExInferis:

You never hear of leak?
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by imam07: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2017
We the youths are the problem of this country. Why will youths,with their right senses will be thinking of voting Atiku in 2019. I can't just imagine it. I don't know what these people see that they are after him. At the moment now,all the names we are hearing now towards 2019 do not worth our vote, including Buhari. I see no one credible for 2019 election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by GoodMuyis(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2017
ExInferis:

Media Calculated Assumptions from his reaction. If all went well he will have grant media interview.

Or we can say "the wall has hears"
Re: Babangida To Atiku: "Forget Your Presidential Ambition". Angry Atiku Shuns Press by AmTruth: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2017
[ IBB is a well respected person that why Atiku left his busy schedule to go and consult with him,even of recent the Gov. Of Rivers state was there and so many other. So calm down with reactionary emotions and be objective rather than resorting to abuses] take it easy bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Election: Governor Obaseki At PDP Situation Room In Benin (video) / What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Abdulsalam, Buhari And Osinbajo? / Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.