Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? (30170 Views)

I Want To Leave My Marriage,now Or Later? / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by lasmile(f): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Oge De Blogger writes...
Marriage Now Vs Then

Marriage is the legally, culturally or formally recognised union of two people as partners in a relationship specifically a union between a man and a woman.
The origin of marriage is as old as man himself. But let’s look at the impact of marriage in our society and has it values changed over time? Answers to the question below will throw more light into this topic.
Is our marriage these days better than that of our fore-fathers and great grand mothers?
Back in the days when our fathers would pick their wives without asking out for a date not to talk of going sexually with them before meeting their parents. In fact some of these women were married to the husbands without seeing him in person. Preparation to marry a woman then doesn’t involve so much razzmatazz like church/white wedding with exorbitant reception.
Traditional and cultural rites and values were highly respected and therefore the benefits attached to such rite would guide the union. Then it turns out to be the coming together of two unknown people, recognising their responsibilities and at the end of this union, they had both lived together in blessing, well stricken in age, there was nothing like DIVORCE for unnecessary reasons.
But now, the tune has changed. We call it the 21st century, in fact one of the religious books called it the generation of vipers.
These days a man can only but lust after 10 different kind of women, get himself inspired to approach 3 out of them, select the best 2 to race and after so much of sexual exercises with all of them, he pick the finalist to which he has concluded is the best for him, as if that is not enough, the waywardness continues after the marriage.
It is even more common among the so called new generation styled marriages where so much attention is given to church or white wedding. the razzle-dazzle of announcing marriage ceremonies has becomes the talk of the city, hypes here and there, getting a special twitter #tag for the union. This special focus to westernised procedures has led to a total abandoned of the traditional marriage which is of more value and blessing when compared to that of our great grand parents. Now we give priority to white/church wedding(adopting western culture) and after all of these, we tend to be having high rate of broken marriages, News of dissolved marriages are everywhere. Now it seems we are getting tired of fruitless marriages and we are moving into a worst situation where we now have another union called baby mamas and daddies. So I ask, how is marriage of these days better than that of our great grand parents?
Please drop your comment below ;

http://www.oge.com.ng/2017/12/08/marriage-now-vs-then-which-do-you-prefer/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by lasmile(f): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2018
The topic should have gone to frontpage. Nairaland which criteria should we follow. Or is it a game of chance?

Good Afternoon all

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by veekid(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
Who marriage epp

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by rottenPussy: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
lasmile:
Oge De Blogger writes...
Marriage Now Vs Then

Marriage is the legally, culturally or formally recognised union of two people as partners in a relationship specifically a union between a man and a woman.
The origin of marriage is as old as man himself. But let’s look at the impact of marriage in our society and has it values changed over time? Answers to the question below will throw more light into this topic.
Is our marriage these days better than that of our fore-fathers and great grand mothers?
Back in the days when our fathers would pick their wives without asking out for a date not to talk of going sexually with them before meeting their parents. In fact some of these women were married to the husbands without seeing him in person. Preparation to marry a woman then doesn’t involve so much razzmatazz like church/white wedding with exorbitant reception.
Traditional and cultural rites and values were highly respected and therefore the benefits attached to such rite would guide the union. Then it turns out to be the coming together of two unknown people, recognising their responsibilities and at the end of this union, they had both lived together in blessing, well stricken in age, there was nothing like DIVORCE for unnecessary reasons.
But now, the tune has changed. We call it the 21st century, in fact one of the religious books called it the generation of vipers.
These days a man can only but lust after 10 different kind of women, get himself inspired to approach 3 out of them, select the best 2 to race and after so much of sexual exercises with all of them, he pick the finalist to which he has concluded is the best for him, as if that is not enough, the waywardness continues after the marriage.
It is even more common among the so called new generation styled marriages where so much attention is given to church or white wedding. the razzle-dazzle of announcing marriage ceremonies has becomes the talk of the city, hypes here and there, getting a special twitter #tag for the union. This special focus to westernised procedures has led to a total abandoned of the traditional marriage which is of more value and blessing when compared to that of our great grand parents. Now we give priority to white/church wedding(adopting western culture) and after all of these, we tend to be having high rate of broken marriages, News of dissolved marriages are everywhere. Now it seems we are getting tired of fruitless marriages and we are moving into a worst situation where we now have another union called baby mamas and daddies. So I ask, how is marriage of these days better than that of our great grand parents?

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by AreaFada2: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Money and materialism have changed everything.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by hobermener: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Unless women are taught to know their place in a marriage, marriage as an institution will only get worse and ultimately turn out irrelevant.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by scobyhybrid(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
now
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Litblogger: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Well, both have pros and cons.
There is no doubt that the marriage of 'then' used to last longer than the marriage of 'now'. And women used to be extremely loyal and 100% committed to their husbands.
The con is that there wasn't room for "Love". It made marriage seem like a strict contract. It was too traditional. If a lady wasn't a virgin, she was considered worthless. And it was believed that a woman's place was in her husband's kitchen.
I'm too hungry to type too much jare.

Call me weird, but I think I do prefer the marriage of 'then' anyway.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by eleojo23: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
This is highly subjective...
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Pringlez: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Game of Chance!!!
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Tsola13(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
I will think about it
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Venice789: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2018

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Jamiubond009(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
K
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
then marriage, reasons women back then are humble unlike now we have gold diggers gals every where

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by KeenMind(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
Then, though I'm not even too keen about the whole marriage ish.

Marriage as an institution has outlived it's usefulness long time ago. It's naturally disintegrating gradually. In the next 400-500 years or so, I can bet the last vestiges of the marriage institution will be tossed into the bins of history.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by EweduAfonja(f): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
I prefer then....
today some silly men are looking for Rich ladies or a lady from wealthy family.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by dfrost: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
I am here to read comments. Silly and responsible ones. cheesy wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by KingGBsky(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Why the hustle for first to comment come serious like this now?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Gerrard59(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
lasmile:
Oge De Blogger writes...
Marriage Now Vs Then

Time changes, and everything changes with it. To your bolded: The moment you adopted Christianity, you adopted the western style of wedding. Don't cherry pick!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by RexTramadol1: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
I prefer next generation marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by ShitHead(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Marriage is a scam! Don't be fooled!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by axeman2(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
i am speechless
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by prinsam30: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
who marriages epp

Contract Marriage All The Way

Get what u want peacefully, terminate the Contract and both parties are happy

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by AnodaIT(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Just get over with it and face your marriage

The problem is the girls, they have eaten, drink and dance at their friend's, not doing theirs would be a good gossip

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by OKUCHI11(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
j
Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by congorasta: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
k

sex is now cheap.

the main reason for marriage have been subjected or watered down...

it is deadly decadence of human evolution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by golor(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
The issue is not the marriage but individuals involve. Back then , they were broken home but not rampant, also was there lusting. Like the saying goes ;man must try to adopt to change.

Just like then, when you finish school you get a first class job now it ain't same but that did not dispute the fact that, when you distinguish yourself you get job quite easy.

Same is marriage , know what you want and be the best you can believe me the marriage will work . I have a girl I am currently dating heaven knows if we get married na till death do us apart.

I just need a job and everything is set and i strongly believe God for the job.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by Ayodejioak(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
grin Marriage is sweet when you have the right woman.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? by marvin905(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
before..
now men are looking rich women..
women are looking for rich men..
men want baby-mamas now
and women are ready as ever..
women want who they can control now undecided undecided
submissiveness is slavery to them

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman's Online Boyfriend Turns-Out To Be Ex-husband / I Have Impregnated Another Girl Against The One I Love. What Should I Do Now? / 6 Ways Parents Complicate The Matrimonial Future Of Their Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.