Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government (14727 Views)

Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government / Clarification On Ijaw In Ondo State / Decayed Rice Rejected By Edo Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Maroghene(m): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
It amazes me when some people comment on a public fora such as this. Why? We are all humans unfortunately from different tribes but fortunately serving the same God with different medium of communicating with Him. We mustn't call ourselves names to feel better, though its worth to note that we all have different temperament. Let's stop throwing tantrums at each other in a world we are just tenants and where the land we are insulting each other for, we shall leave.
Back to the topic, I am Ijaw and I wouldn't want to comment on an issue that I don't have facts, cos speaking without facts breeds lies and insults (bad blood)

4 Likes

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AleAirHub(m): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Don't be surprise that another set of ijaws will surface in the northern part of Nigeria once oil is discovered over there... grin grin grin

They always make reference to oil & when the leadership of this country was handle over to them. Did it yield anything positive ? angry. Rather under their watch money that was met for arms purchase & other infrastructure development was swallowed up by their Crocodilians grin grin grin .
Their national head quarter state look like goat yam ban tongue. It took the Igbo's & other tribals donkey year's to bring development to the state.

Any tribe is free to settle in any location in Nigeria & if the tribal try to cause problem in their settled environment , they will be treated as criminals. cool
Epa has spoken wink

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by babadee1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
AdaFonju:

Bini otu bo na dighi oh, even your Yoruba brothers have disowned you, slaves in Libya, Slaves in Nigeria

If you think that guy is Yoruba then you must be new to nairaland. No true blooded Yoruba will ever refer to himself as an Afonja.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Amoto94(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
I foresee another round of civil war if and when the country is divided so many bad blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by tosinjay(m): 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
How come i never knew the ijaw ethnic group existed in edo state. Na wa o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by davidnazee: 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
A Rejoinder to “THE IJAW STORY ON HOW THEY OWN EDOLAND WHILE BENIN ARE THE MIGRANTS IN EDO STATE
THE IJAWS AND THEIR PIPE DREAMS; DARKNESS IN REALITY

“Tell no lies, claim no easy victory, and tell it to the people the way it is”

Until you take an ignorant man through a preliminary knowledge he will continue to bask in the solitude of his foolishness and ignorance, that is the case of the ijaw and their falsified historical gibberish, I will like to quickly answer some of the delusional fact about a one paged history of the ijaw people, first and foremost this people are not recognized anywhere in the world but the little known about them is thuggery, land evaders, kidnapping, bunkering, arm robbery etc. God gave one of their Son the opportunity to rectify their waywardness but he became even the worst and most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria instead of sending this hooligans back to primary school or at best secondary school he was empowering them through ammunitions, well for the purpose of this article let me answer some of your allegations.
First the ijaws have been unable to tell us where exactly their origin is, they are liken to the biblical Cain who was the first known fugitive. They went further to say they are about 15 millions in number, don’t forget that in early 60s it was on record that they were the fifth most populated minorities in the then Old eastern region how then in less than 60 years they are now the most populated tribe in Niger Delta for clarity lets fragmentize so the world can know that this people are born liars in the last presidential election, Bayelsa their sole state could not produce up to 500, 000 votes, they are less than 30, 000 ijaws in Edo which can be visibly proved during the September 28th gubernatorial election, they are less than 100, 000 in Ondo States while in Delta State the Urhobos are about 1.5million in population as the most populated tribe in Delta it therefore means the Ijaw are less than 1million then in River State predominately dominated by Ikwerres I put it to you that they are not up to 100, 000 Ijaws living there, with all this analysis the Ijaw population in Nigeria is between 2-3million, propaganda cannot get you people anywhere but facts.

The article further wrote that Ijaw earliest ancestors dropped from the sky, another fairytale that even the Yorubas have since dissociated from their Story about Oduduwa fallen from the Sky I wonder why a tribe in which over 90% of their entire populace are stark illiterate. Let’s go further please.

They further quote Dr. J U Egharevba of Benins migrating from Sudan to Ile-Ife gibberish talk, but what they never knew was that part of J U Egharevba book on Short History of Benin has been long faulted by Egharevba himself and other Benin historians, the Benins never left Benin it is our Aboriginal land. So you see your argument on us meeting ferryman no longer hold water. Let’s go further.

The writer eventually said the Portuguese possibly had a relationship with the ijaws before the Benin, another lie from pit of hell the Portuguese were at that time the greatest navigators they understood and heard that there was a kingdom richly blessed with pepper, coral beads, palm oil etc. They came solely for business not to interact with slaves of a well-known empire, what could you have offered the Portuguese for those years you had an interaction with them before they met with Benin people? Are there evidence in Portuguese archive that they met with Ijaw first before the Benin¬¬? In the name of trying to give a meaning to your aboriginal slavery identity don’t go changing history. All the dealings the Benins had with the Portuguese are well documented in their archives as well as the Benin having embassy in Portugal and our princes they all have advance education as early as 14th century, which make the Benin people the first educated people in a geographical location now called Nigeria, to further prove our relationship with the Portuguese Oba Esigie was the first Man in Nigeria to speak a foreign language (Portuguese) even our princes were being trained in Portuguese language,

Again Holy Aruosa was built in 15th century as one of the oldest church in Nigeria if not the Oldest. I could go on and on. What are your evidence Izon people that you had relationship with the Portuguese?

The author foolishly wrote that the Oba of Benin is for the Binis not ijaws, it shows how myopic and less read the writer could be, is the Ooni of Ife only the Kabieyesi of Ife or the entire Yoruba race in which his location of his palace( the Yoruba aboriginal home is located)? Again the queen of England does she only preside over England or the entire British kingdom that houses three other countries in which her Buckingham palace sits at England? I’m sure coming from a slave tribe like Ijaw where there has never been any Royalty except the sham you guys call gbaramatu Kingdom that was established few years ago by a state government, can it be compared to other kingdoms that were under the province of great Benin Empire. Well Oba of Benin reside in Benin where is kingdom stretched almost the entire present South-South region and beyond, again Ijaws where never added because they are selectively inconsequential slaves who always did what was ask of them and the Oba saw no reason to vet his authority on people who are naturally obedient. So there was no need to establish a dukedom amongst the Ijaw you can see why you guys lack a royal blood unlike other tribes in Niger-Delta.

Other tribes have moved from violence into education, which is one of the powerful instruments possessed by the modern Igbos who have bridged the education gap which is richly possessed by the yorubas, today in Niger Delta Edo comfortably sits at the top of the educational chain, in the past five years they have consistently maintained the second best position only bested by Anambra in the entire Nigeria in WAEC and NECO examinations, of the 20 best secondary schools in Nigeria in year 2016 they were 6 Edo Schools in which Top 5 we had 2, Anambra 2 and Imo 1. In the past Decade. University of Benin has maintained Top 5 in which in that period they have been the best university in Nigeria on 3 occasions. We arguably have the best polytechnic in Nigeria (Auchi Poly) and one of the best State University, which is remarkably known to produce the best Lawyers in the continent (Ambrose Alli University). I can go on and on, it only shows how we have improved educationally in the past two decades unlike our Niger Delta Ijaw who continue to think that the best way to be known is through all negative means, Bayelsa is the worst State Educationally and their expansionist agenda can never come to fruition now that we have realized who they really are. You have sounded the war drum I hope when the giants arose you people won’t beg for leniency. There is a Benin parable that says Ama vbe nor ovbokhan ghe wa ko valo valo ikhurion oya mu ne gbe (nobody warns a child not to have a sledged teeth but it gives he or she ugliness). I know you have one or two grievances to table after reading this brief article go ahead fishermen slave I am here to answer your questions,

Oba Gha To kpere
Uyi Edo Ghiwi.

4 Likes

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by infofta(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
Read the origin of bini and the early rulers. Complete story of benin empire

http://www.edoworld.net/The_Origin_of_Benin.html

1 Like

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by infofta(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
nengibo:

PEOPLE AND DEMOGRAPHY
The main ethnic groups in Edo State are: Edos, Afemais, Esans, Owans and Akoko Edos. Virtually all the groups traced their origin to Benin City hence the dialects of the groups vary with their distance from Benin City. The Bini speaking people who occupy seven out of the 18 Local Government Areas of the state constitute 57.54% while others Esan (17.14%) Afemai compirising of Etsako (12.19%), Owan (7.43%), and Akoko Edo (5.70%). However, the Igbira speaking communities exist in Akoko Edo as well as Urhobos, Ijaws, Itsekiris communities in Ovia North East and South West Local Government Areas especially in the borderlands. Also, Ika speaking communities exist in Igbanke in Orhionmwon LGA.

http://www.edostate.gov.ng/edo-people/

Other ethnic groups has always been under the control of the Oba of Benin

Read:

1 Like

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by poseidon12: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
abiolert:
i hate to say this but sorry to tell you this, una be strangers and naim una go ever be

You sound juvenile. You should back your assertion that they are strangers in Edo with documented information just as the Ijaw Traditional Council have done. They sound convincing that the Ijaw are indigenous to Edo State. I'm impressed.
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by davidnazee: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
poseidon12:

You sound juvenile. You should back your assertion that they are strangers in Edo with documented information just as the Ijaw Traditional Council have done. They sound convincing that the Ijaw are indigenous to Edo State. I'm impressed.

What else did you expect the Ijaw traditional council to say??

4 Likes

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AdaFonju: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
infofta:

Other ethnic groups has always been under the control of the Oba of Benin

Read:
Not the Ijaws, we have never been under the control of the oba, and that isn't the case in the modern day Nigeria
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by davidnazee: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
This is what happens when people abandon their lands and migrate to developed cities or travel abroad. Foreigners will settle in theses abandoned lands multiply in numbers and start to claim ownership of the lands as their ancestral lands and birth rights.
Benin people I hope this is an eye opener for us. We need to start coming back home to possess our possessions, our lands.
Ijaw is TOO small to stand in the way of greatness.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Jesusloveyou: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
AdaFonju:

Make intelligent contribution or kindly shut up
which other intelligent contribution did you want

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Jesusloveyou: 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
babadee1:

If you think that guy is Yoruba then you must be new to nairaland. No true blooded Yoruba will ever refer to himself as an Afonja.
adafonju must be a kid.
And I am not surprise as ijaw and idiotic pigs of Biafra are one.
Idiotic pigs of Biafra supported ijaw ogogoro master ineffectual buffoon, in turn militant asari dokubo also supported their useless terrorist agitation.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by abiolert(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
poseidon12:

my use of pidgin english in a rather subtle and humorous manner does not make me a juvenile but rather your first use of the word 'juvenile' makes you one. I only stated the ovbious, that is, the ijaws are tenants and will always remain so.. in history and african history, issues of this magnitude is usually fraught with controversy. why? because informations are usually distorted to suit a particular interest. therefore you cannot tentatively say that , Tabort, Egharevba etal are, all correct. when, the ijaw traditional council didnt quote from the same literature that asserts the edo people as the aboriginal owners of the land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Tundeobama(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
This stupid people less than three million claiming land with Yoruba of 80m plus world wide,when they still have case to answer with ijaw.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AxxeMan: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tundeobama:
This stupid people less than three million claiming land with Yoruba of 80m plus world wide,when they still have case to answer with ijaw.

Says this fool who doesn't know that with the Edo clans in delta , ondo , ekiti and Lagos we Edo's total over 100million , keep wallowing in your self induced stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AdaFonju: 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:

Says this fool who doesn't know that with the Edo clans in delta , ondo , ekiti and Lagos we Edo's total Over 100million , keep wallowing in your self induced stupidity
Assuming everybody in those states are bini people which they are obviously not(cos bini is a measly 6lgas in edo state), are added together
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population
Lagos- 9,013,534
Edo-3,218,332
Delta-4,098,391
Ondo-3,441,024
Ekiti-2,384,212
They will be 22,155,493 and later someone will call these products of harlotry educated individuals, always twisting facts even in the light of evidence. ...tufia for these children of unknown fathers

1 Like

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by Movingon: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
davidnazee:
A Rejoinder to “THE IJAW STORY ON HOW THEY OWN EDOLAND WHILE BENIN ARE THE MIGRANTS IN EDO STATE

Until you take an ignorant man through a preliminary knowledge he will continue to bask in the solitude of his foolishness and ignorance, that is the case of the ijaw and their falsified historical gibberish, I will like to quickly answer some of the delusional fact about a one paged history of the ijaw people, first and foremost this people are not recognized anywhere in the world but the little known about them is thuggery, land evaders, kidnapping, bunkering, arm robbery etc. God gave one of their Son the opportunity to rectify their waywardness but he became even the worst and most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria instead of sending this hooligans back to primary school or at best secondary school he was empowering them through ammunitions, well for the purpose of this article let me answer some of your allegations.
First the ijaws have been unable to tell us where exactly their origin is, they are liken to the biblical Cain who was the first known fugitive. They went further to say they are about 15 millions in number, don’t forget that in early 60s it was on record that they were the fifth most populated minorities in the then Old eastern region how then in less than 60 years they are now the most populated tribe in Niger Delta for clarity lets fragmentize so the world can know that this people are born liars in the last presidential election, Bayelsa their sole state could not produce up to 500, 000 votes, they are less than 30, 000 ijaws in Edo which can be visibly proved during the September 28th gubernatorial election, they are less than 100, 000 in Ondo States while in Delta State the Urhobos are about 1.5million in population as the most populated tribe in Delta it therefore means the Ijaw are less than 1million then in River State predominately dominated by Ikwerres I put it to you that they are not up to 100, 000 Ijaws living there, with all this analysis the Ijaw population in Nigeria is between 2-3million, propaganda cannot get you people anywhere but facts.

The article further wrote that Ijaw earliest ancestors dropped from the sky, another fairytale that even the Yorubas have since dissociated from their Story about Oduduwa fallen from the Sky I wonder why a tribe in which over 90% of their entire populace are stark illiterate. Let’s go further please.

They further quote Dr. J U Egharevba of Benins migrating from Sudan to Ile-Ife gibberish talk, but what they never knew was that part of J U Egharevba book on Short History of Benin has been long faulted by Egharevba himself and other Benin historians, the Benins never left Benin it is our Aboriginal land. So you see your argument on us meeting ferryman no longer hold water. Let’s go further.

The writer eventually said the Portuguese possibly had a relationship with the ijaws before the Benin, another lie from pit of hell the Portuguese were at that time the greatest navigators they understood and heard that there was a kingdom richly blessed with pepper, coral beads, palm oil etc. They came solely for business not to interact with slaves of a well-known empire, what could you have offered the Portuguese for those years you had an interaction with them before they met with Benin people? Are there evidence in Portuguese archive that they met with Ijaw first before the Benin¬¬? In the name of trying to give a meaning to your aboriginal slavery identity don’t go changing history. All the dealings the Benins had with the Portuguese are well documented in their archives as well as the Benin having embassy in Portugal and our princes they all have advance education as early as 14th century, which make the Benin people the first educated people in a geographical location now called Nigeria, to further prove our relationship with the Portuguese Oba Esigie was the first Man in Nigeria to speak a foreign language (Portuguese) even our princes were being trained in Portuguese language,

Again Holy Aruosa was built in 15th century as one of the oldest church in Nigeria if not the Oldest. I could go on and on. What are your evidence Izon people that you had relationship with the Portuguese?

The author foolishly wrote that the Oba of Benin is for the Binis not ijaws, it shows how myopic and less read the writer could be, is the Ooni of Ife only the Kabieyesi of Ife or the entire Yoruba race in which his location of his palace( the Yoruba aboriginal home is located)? Again the queen of England does she only preside over England or the entire British kingdom that houses three other countries in which her Buckingham palace sits at England? I’m sure coming from a slave tribe like Ijaw where there has never been any Royalty except the sham you guys call gbaramatu Kingdom that was established few years ago by a state government, can it be compared to other kingdoms that were under the province of great Benin Empire. Well Oba of Benin reside in Benin where is kingdom stretched almost the entire present South-South region and beyond, again Ijaws where never added because they are selectively inconsequential slaves who always did what was ask of them and the Oba saw no reason to vet his authority on people who are naturally obedient. So there was no need to establish a dukedom amongst the Ijaw you can see why you guys lack a royal blood unlike other tribes in Niger-Delta.

Other tribes have moved from violence into education, which is one of the powerful instruments possessed by the modern Igbos who have bridged the education gap which is richly possessed by the yorubas, today in Niger Delta Edo comfortably sits at the top of the educational chain, in the past five years they have consistently maintained the second best position only bested by Anambra in the entire Nigeria in WAEC and NECO examinations, of the 20 best secondary schools in Nigeria in year 2016 they were 6 Edo Schools in which Top 5 we had 2, Anambra 2 and Imo 1. In the past Decade. University of Benin has maintained Top 5 in which in that period they have been the best university in Nigeria on 3 occasions. We arguably have the best polytechnic in Nigeria (Auchi Poly) and one of the best State University, which is remarkably known to produce the best Lawyers in the continent (Ambrose Alli University). I can go on and on, it only shows how we have improved educationally in the past two decades unlike our Niger Delta Ijaw who continue to think that the best way to be known is through all negative means, Bayelsa is the worst State Educationally and their expansionist agenda can never come to fruition now that we have realized who they really are. You have sounded the war drum I hope when the giants arose you people won’t beg for leniency. There is a Benin parable that says Ama vbe nor ovbokhan ghe wa ko valo valo ikhurion oya mu ne gbe (nobody warns a child not to have a sledged teeth but it gives he or she ugliness). I know you have one or two grievances to table after reading this brief article go ahead fishermen slave I am here to answer your questions,

Oba Gha To kpere
Uyi Edo Ghiwi.

Well Said. EPA DORMON. The truth can never be hidden and it is only ignorance that makes a clan or tribe to declare war on their hospitable Superiors. for when war comes, their Superiors might suffer some losses but damn the foolish and ungrateful tenants will suffer much more but the truth be told, there will be needless suffering on both sides and it is not pleasant but a word is enough for the wise. DONT WAKE US UP, WE MAY BE KIND BUT DONT TAKE US FOR FOOLS. As powerful as the British Empire they still have the scares of our fury. let it be known for posterity sake, we are not to be toiled with....YOU ARE WARNED......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by JANK23H(m): 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
AxxeMan:

Says this fool who doesn't know that with the Edo clans in delta , ondo , ekiti and Lagos we Edo's total over 100million , keep wallowing in your self induced stupidity
Bros dey lie small small na,Shuo!

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AxxeMan: 12:07am On Dec 11, 2017
[s]
AdaFonju:

Assuming everybody in those states are bini people which they are obviously not(cos bini is a measly 6lgas in edo state), are added together
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population
Lagos- 9,013,534
Edo-3,218,332
Delta-4,098,391
Ondo-3,441,024
Ekiti-2,384,212
They will be 22,155,493 and later someone will call these products of harlotry educated individuals, always twisting facts even in the light of evidence. ...tufia for these children of unknown fathers
[/s]

You this useless fisherman , you will regret quoting me tonight ...

Your shit hole called bayelsa it is a fact that all the ijaws there are less than 500k

Even with the tenants housefly ijaws found in other places I put it to you its not more than 500k

Now that's 1million and this useless minorities what to challenge Edo's?

IJAWS ARE THE SMALLEST MINORITIES IN THE SOUTH! DIE IF YOU WISH I WULD GLADLY POUR DUST ON UR CURSED GRAVE!
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AdaFonju: 5:30am On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s][/s]

You this useless fisherman , you will regret quoting me tonight ...

Your shit hole called bayelsa it is a fact that all the ijaws there are less than 500k

Even with the tenants housefly ijaws found in other places I put it to you its not more than 500k

Now that's 1million and this useless minorities what want to challenge Edo's?

[s]IJAWS ARE THE SMALLEST MINORITIES IN THE SOUTH! DIE IF YOU WISH I WULD GLADLY POUR DUST ON UR CURSED GRAVE![/s]

You seem to be living in an imaginary realm because you are unaware of realities on ground
Who knows bini in the south? In pdp they are useless, their sons have contested for political positions and lost woefully, Raymond dokpesi a recent example to add to the long list of failures of aikhomu and aigbbe, in Apc that majority of their people are they hold no position of note as their measly 6 lga population holds no interest to the scheme of things politicaly and otherwise in Nigeria, the IJAWS and others tribes have never looked at the bini as anything but local champions in edo state, the only thing bini people can beat thier chest and say they add to this nation Nigeria is Human trafficking, std, International and local harlotry , so next time you feel the urge to mention me, know you are quoting an Izontubo a god to lesser men like you descendant of harlotry in Libya and Italy.

Now this is from the CIA maybe they an unaware of the population of ashawos in libya and italy dats why Ijaws are 10% of Nigeria, notice that the ashawos didnt even get a mention as they are minority of minorities
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is composed of more than 250 ethnic groups; the most populous and politically influential are: Hausa and the Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo (Ibo) 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by DoctorGenerator: 5:31am On Dec 11, 2017
davidnazee:

Oba Gha To kpere

keep your dirty and stinky mouth close. Go and do your research about Ijaw ethnic group than using electoral facts as data. Visit British and Portuguese archive for facts
Uyi Edo Ghiwi.
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by DoctorGenerator: 5:38am On Dec 11, 2017
The Bini kingdom should maintain their Benni and leave other kingdoms alone. The Ijaws will run over your city just as the British does. No be by mouth. The Ijaws are the first documented tribe by our slave master and colonial. They are also,the first tribe to defeat the intruding whites.

Benni na water, don't destroy yourself.

1 Like

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by helpishere(m): 6:08am On Dec 11, 2017
JANK23H:
The Binis and their Oba have their eyes set on the soon to be built seaport at Gelegele and it's oil and gas deposits.

Their covetousness is about to result to a war,it's important that well meaning Nigerians wade in before it's too late.

The warning has gone out.Small Bini no fit stand for where Ijaw dey o!

Egberifa

Only 200 Itsekiri youths destroyed your people in Warri and till date Itsekiri have been your nemesis. The Maritime university and the multi billion oil and gas village, Itsekiri people fight una so tay the thing nor work. Very soon una go claim Ologbo say name una papa get the river and the town. If the Ijaws love the riverside, does that makes them the owners? After gelegele, na Eko Atlantic city una go soon claim say name una first catch fish for there. Ijaws people in Edo are peace loving. These agitators are the ones driven away from Gbaramatu village by crocodile smile 1. To go back na wahala . Itsekiri youths are coming. We go send just 50 of them and they will show you say na them sabi river pass una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by fred06: 6:21am On Dec 11, 2017
It is astonishing the ideology and mind set some persons profess in their commentary.. some persons have brought out various cases decided by the Law Courts that the Ijaws don't have those lands they all edge to have in Edo State....I believe that in civilize societies where they are dispute concerning lands the place to go is the law Courts which the Binis went and won...
if the Ijaws have a superior historical facts of the land in questions ans different reference materials from different writers both foreign and indeginious that would aid their case in Court....for them to have won the land....
Mind you to get lands you do not need violence it is only lawless n animals that use the barrel of the gun to claim lands...
Even while we were small n being educated we knew the persons the white man .et on ground and the Kings who resisted them in their lands n territory... king Jaja of Opobo, the Oba of Benin, Nana of Itsekiris and others...
With all due respect to the Ijaws I did not hear of one Ijaw King or Pere meeting the white man or resisting their occupation... these are facts....even when I was in the University... Nigeria People's n Culture being taught I did not here of one Pere resisting the British...
so the issue of who is a prostitute in a tribe or Ogogoro drinker or who stays ontop of water does not come in issue here..we should face facts....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AdaFonju: 6:43am On Dec 11, 2017
fred06:
It is astonishing the ideology and mind set some persons profess in their commentary.. some persons have brought out various cases decided by the Law Courts that the Ijaws don't have those lands they all edge to have in Edo State....I believe that in civilize societies where they are dispute concerning lands the place to go is the law Courts which the Binis went and won...
if the Ijaws have a superior historical facts of the land in questions ans different reference materials from different writers both foreign and indeginious that would aid their case in Court....for them to have won the land....
Mind you to get lands you do not need violence it is only lawless n animals that use the barrel of the gun to claim lands...
Even while we were small n being educated we knew the persons the white man .et on ground and the Kings who resisted them in their lands n territory... king Jaja of Opobo, the Oba of Benin, Nana of Itsekiris and others...
With all due respect to the Ijaws I did not hear of one Ijaw King or Pere meeting the white man or resisting their occupation... these are facts....even when I was in the University... Nigeria People's n Culture being taught I did not here of one Pere resisting the British...
so the issue of who is a prostitute in a tribe or Ogogoro drinker or who stays ontop of water does not come in issue here..we should face facts....
There are no court case that has given Ijaw land to binis, does even make sense in your head, there was only a land dispute between two individuals for a parcel of land which isn't gelegele-ijaw or other Ijaw kingdoms in Edo state so know your facts mr man, secondly history mentioned many Ijaw kings,
King Jaja the Amanyanabo of Opobo was what, the Amanyanabo of Nembe was what ? Go back to your books as you are clearly deficient
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AdaFonju: 6:46am On Dec 11, 2017
helpishere:

Only 200 Itsekiri youths destroyed your people in Warri and till date Itsekiri have been your nemesis. The Maritime university and the multi billion oil and gas village, Itsekiri people fight una so tay the thing nor work. Very soon una go claim Ologbo say name una papa get the river and the town. If the Ijaws love the riverside, does that makes them the owners? After gelegele, na Eko Atlantic city una go soon claim say name una first catch fish for there. Ijaws people in Edo are peace loving. These agitators are the ones driven away from Gbaramatu village by crocodile smile 1. To go back na wahala . Itsekiri youths are coming. We go send just 50 of them and they will show you say na them sabi river pass una
Itsekiri wer all born of an Ijaw mother so they're all our children, and a Father knows how to handle his children, how far the maritime university in gbaramatu kingdom? Una don tya, you are no match for Ijaws talk less of urhobos that will soon decimate your tiny Yoruba clan
Re: Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government by AxxeMan: 8:16am On Dec 11, 2017
[s]
AdaFonju:

You seem to be living in an imaginary realm because you are unaware of realities on ground
Who knows bini in the south? In pdp they are useless, their sons have contested for political positions and lost woefully, Raymond dokpesi a recent example to add to the long list of failures of aikhomu and aigbbe, in Apc that majority of their people are they hold no position of note as their measly 6 lga population holds no interest to the scheme of things politicaly and otherwise in Nigeria, the IJAWS and others tribes have never looked at the bini as anything but local champions in edo state, the only thing bini people can beat thier chest and say they add to this nation Nigeria is Human trafficking, std, International and local harlotry , so next time you feel the urge to mention me, know you are quoting an Izontubo a god to lesser men like you descendant of harlotry in Libya and Italy.

Now this is from the CIA maybe they an unaware of the population of ashawos in libya and italy dats why Ijaws are 10% of Nigeria, notice that the ashawos didnt even get a mention as they are minority of minorities
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is composed of more than 250 ethnic groups; the most populous and politically influential are: Hausa and the Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo (Ibo) 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%
[/s]

As usual all noise but no substance !
CIA? grin grin grin grin grin

I already opened a thread debunking ijaw useless claim and proving that you are the smallest minority in the south and this fool is talking about CIA grin grin grin

Ijaw Goat grin grin grin grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State / Peter Obi Urges Youths To Take Back Nigeria In Owerri / South Korea Invitations For Nigerians Withdrawn On Ebola Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.