Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (921923 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
Gifty28:
Hi, please guys it's really urgent my sister wants to evaluate her waec result, is neco result accepted to for undergrade in Us universities, Please the link for Wes, the one I sent to her was showing just bachelor's degree and masters, no space for secondary school.. help pls
using Wes Evaluation I think NECO isn't sure for the evaluation but WAEC is ..if you want to evaluate ur Neco Result try checking if the school do accept Naces evaluation if it does then use Educational Perspectives it definitely do accept NECO.. https://www.edperspective.org/credential-evaluation-applications.php. I don't know about the processing time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
Thank u so much, God bless u.

Adeish:
using Wes Evaluation I think NECO isn't sure for the evaluation but WAEC is ..if you want to evaluate ur Neco Result try checking if the school do accept Naces evaluation if it does then use Educational Perspectives it definitely do accept NECO.. https://www.edperspective.org/credential-evaluation-applications.php. I don't know about the processing time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Thank u so much, God blessu, tried d link now bfr I can forward it to her buts it's saying error. Not working
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Nobody ..... wise people know to stay far away from this school
why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
Gifty28:
Thank u so much, God blessu, tried d link now bfr I can forward it to her buts it's saying error. Not working
. https://www.edperspective.org/credential-evaluation-applications.php

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ChristoBam: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hello guys please I need your advice on something. I have a younger sister that has been in Ukraine for almost a month now doing a language preparation program in preparation for this fall in Ukraine. So far she's not liking of at all in Ukraine and has plans of starting afresh in the u.s. She intends to fly in from Ukraine to Lagos around May for her visa interview.
The question I want to ask is that does she have a chance at the interview given the fact that she already has a student visa to another country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
ChristoBam:
Hello guys please I need your advice on something. I have a younger sister that has been in Ukraine for almost a month now doing a language preparation program in preparation for this fall in Ukraine. So far she's not liking of at all in Ukraine and has plans of starting afresh in the u.s. She intends to fly in from Ukraine to Lagos around May for her visa interview.
The question I want to ask is that does she have a chance at the interview given the fact that she already has a student visa to another country.

I think she can apply for the visa in Ukraine. That said, if she does in Lagos, the consular may be wondering what happened that she changed her mind. She probably wants to say that she just took language preparation course as you said.

Answering your question, yes, she has a better chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Accscholar:

I think she can apply for the visa in Ukraine. That said, if she does in Lagos, the consular may be wondering what happened that she changed her mind. She probably wants to say that she just took language preparation course as you said.

Answering your question, yes, she has a better chance.

hmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sheke01: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
dislat:
Any University of Texas, El Paso applicant or student here?

yea....am a prospective fall 2018 applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
CCs don't offer BSN, they only have ADN (associate) and Lpn (certificate).

snoopylinus:
Good morning from here,please people,i got confuse, I'm about applying for SAT exams and parents wants Me to go through community college to do nursing from a family friend's advice they got,Is it advisable to use a community college for a bachelors degree in Nursing science,please i need your advice,and should i go ahead and apply for SAT exams...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Charlise:
Pls guys i need ur help, I sent my transcript to wes bfor I got a reference no, my cousin told me to do so even thou I didn't want to, have bin tryin to make dem attach d transcript to my account since days ago, dey haven't yet. Pls has anyone experienced Di's bfor and wil dey ever attach d transcript to my account? Hav paid since a month ago and v a reference no.
Secondly, is anyone applying for Norfolk state university summer here, pls let's rub minds togeda? Pls respond guys. Thankss

So you sent it to WES without a reference number?? Well, call WES and see what they can do. BTW, writing this way won't help you at all. Learn to spell out your words so your questions are easy to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
ccbaron:
i was recently admitted to Troy University Alabama, i hope is not a red flag like my previous school Iglobal University.

Troy is okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by makay200(m): 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Please this I sthe message I just got I don't understand what they are saying I need ur help guys

Our review of your transcripts finds your credentials will require action steps outlined below:

Submit an internal transcript evaluation by doing the following:

a. You submit a GPA calculation of your foreign transcript grades converted to US bachelors or masters equivalent using this online GPA
 calculator tool, http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/ .   A separate GPA calculation should be done for each international transcript. Please view How to Complete the GPA Calculator to complete the steps.

b. Include all classes and grades that appear on your official or unofficial transcript, and then email a full copy (single file PDF version document only) of the screen contents to gradapps@ncat.edu.  

c. Your converted grades will then be used to complete the complimentary, internal transcript review process.

d.  You must provide a GPA calculation for each foreign university you have attended.

e. Applicants who fail to submit an error-free GPA calculation after two (2) attempts are required to submit an external transcript evaluation, explained below.

External Evaluation

Since we do not guarantee internal review of your GPA conversion in fewer than 4-6 weeks following receipt, in some instances you may expedite review by submitting an external transcript evaluation conducted by World Education Services(WES wes.org) or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE ece.org) by the international application deadline (June 1 Fall and October 1 Spring).  Evaluations must be sent from the evaluating agency directly to The Graduate College at  North Carolina A&T State, 1601 East Market Street, 120 Gibbs Hall, Greensboro, NC  27411. See each website for information on ordering, fees, delivery, etc.

Review of your materials will not commence until transcript evaluation is complete AND all other required materials (recommendations, test scores, etc.) are submitted. Should you require expedited review in fewer than 4 weeks you are encouraged to immediately order an external transcript evaluation.

Note that GPA calculations submitted and/or WES or ECE evaluations ordered within 4-6 weeks of the admission deadline may not qualify for review.

Sincerely,

The Graduate College
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
makay200:
Please this I sthe message I just got I don't understand what they are saying I need ur help guys

Our review of your transcripts finds your credentials will require action steps outlined below:

a. You submit a GPA calculation of your foreign transcript grades converted to US bachelors or masters equivalent using this online GPA
 calculator tool, http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/ .   A separate GPA calculation should be done for each international transcript. Please view How to Complete the GPA Calculator to complete the steps.

b. Include all classes and grades that appear on your official or unofficial transcript, and then email a full copy (single file PDF version document only) of the screen contents to gradapps@ncat.edu.  

c. Your converted grades will then be used to complete the complimentary, internal transcript review process.

d.  You must provide a GPA calculation for each foreign university you have attended.

e. Applicants who fail to submit an error-free GPA calculation after two (2) attempts are required to submit an external transcript evaluation, explained below.

External Evaluation

Since we do not guarantee internal review of your GPA conversion in fewer than 4-6 weeks following receipt, in some instances you may expedite review by submitting an external transcript evaluation conducted by World Education Services(WES wes.org) or Education Credential Evaluators (ECE ece.org) by the international application deadline (June 1 Fall and October 1 Spring).  Evaluations must be sent from the evaluating agency directly to The Graduate College at  North Carolina A&T State, 1601 East Market Street, 120 Gibbs Hall, Greensboro, NC  27411. See each website for information on ordering, fees, delivery, etc.

Review of your materials will not commence until transcript evaluation is complete AND all other required materials (recommendations, test scores, etc.) are submitted. Should you require expedited review in fewer than 4 weeks you are encouraged to immediately order an external transcript evaluation.

Note that GPA calculations submitted and/or WES or ECE evaluations ordered within 4-6 weeks of the admission deadline may not qualify for review.

Sincerely,

The Graduate College

Well I suggest you just use WES or ECE, ECE is cheaper and faster than WES. So use ECE to evaluate your transcript instead of trying to use a gpa calculator yourself. Using an evaluation company even gives it more credibility. So I suggest you send your official transcripts to ECE(the cheaper one and faster one), pay them to evaluate and send it to your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:48am On Feb 02, 2018
biikeys:

Sure bro..saw your picture with a PC studying even inside the restroom grin

lol. I need it. You know the kind of feeling after you dissected cadaver for 4 hours and you left the lab like you know nothing about the course materials.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temitope2598: 1:30am On Feb 02, 2018
imperiouxx:

lol. I need it. You know the kind of feeling after you dissected cadaver for 4 hours and you left the lab like you know nothing about the course materials.

Hi imperiouxx, just out of my curiosity please....are you in med. school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 6:36am On Feb 02, 2018
Hi, I think you should use the link provided to evaluate your transcript if you have your unofficial transcript with you. Thereafter, send the pdf copy of the outcome to the graduate school. That's the internal evaluation they talked about. However, if you have the time and resources, you could explore "external" evaluation by ECE or WES. Cheers!

makay200:

External Evaluation

Sincerely,

The Graduate College

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MasterforceII: 6:57am On Feb 02, 2018
Hello All,
Can one obtain a student visa after having recently obtained a visit visa to the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Congrats on your visa approval bro. I expect you must have traveled by now.

I'm also a FUTO graduate. I sent you a DM, could you reply? I need info as regards obtaining transcripts from the school.

subset:
My people, my visa came through this morning. I follow for those silent readers. I'm yet to recover from the ecstatic feeling.
I owe everything to this thread. I read every darn thing on this thread. I'm specially grateful to lamexx for reviewing my prepared responses and for the mock interview. This guy even called me with his airtime. So much love on Nairaland. Thanks to walspring for paying my sevis fee and to everyone that has contributed to this thread, you guys are awesome.

Abeg you guys should allow me to rant small. The idea for masters came to me immediately I passed out from service. This is the time I stumbled on this thread from a Google search, it brought a huge relieve knowing that most of the questions I have must have been answered here. I made it a duty to read at least 20pages of this thread everyday. It paid off !!

The stressed I went through for my transcript was just crazy. Shuttling almost every month from Lagos to Owerri to follow up on the transcript, even after paying one guy to help me expedite the process(Dude chop my money). The height of it all was when two of the transcript I requested was erroneously sent to one school. It took me almost 3 weeks to realize this error then I had to pay another 20k for another transcript which took one month again to process. Futo una well done!

To the transcript

The VO approved the three people in my front. One of them was an old woman going to visit her daughter, the other person was a lady on F2 going to visit her husband that's in school. She asked her how she met how husband and who will take care of her business when she is away. These people's approval bolstered my confidence.

I was very vocal as none of the questions were unexpected. I already have an answer for almost all the possible questions. Some people say you shouldn't rehearsed your responses but you should know what works best for you. I'm very good at memorizing things so I leveraged on that to practice most of my responses, this in turn strengthened my confidence. I practiced the questions every morning and every night even in my dreams grin. I just can't stand the thought of starting this process again. Some time ago I read on this thread about maintaining eye contact during the interview. It usually feels weird to me looking people in the eye for more than 3 seconds, so I knew I had to work on that and I did so by maintaining eye contact in all of my conversations with people for the past 2 months. It worked because I was able to maintain eye contact all through the interview. The VO was very conversational, her smile alone will mellow down your tension.

Below is my transcript

VO: Good morning (she is always the first to greet)
Me: Good morning
VO: please pass your passport and your other documents
Me: Gave her my passport, the i20 and sevis receipt. She returned the sevis receipt
VO: Looking at my I20, why are you applying to software engineering degree (with sharp eye contact)
Me: I've always been a tech savvy person. I discovered during my undergraduate studies that my strength and motivation lies in the field of computing. I developed a penchant for programming during this time.It has become something I'm very passionate about. This program will help me solidify my knowledge and give me the ability to design, implement and improve software solutions across multiple domains. It will afford me the qualifications to take up a job as a senior software engineer in a Nigerian tech firm when I am back. I will be able to apply machine learning algorithms efficiently
VO: typing...
VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools
VO: why did you choose this school
Me: Aside from being one of the schools that pioneered the masters of software engineering program in us. I chose Monmouth university because their software engineering curriculum matches my research interest and offers the best fit for my career growth. My research interest aligns with that of professor wizzy* which is on the application of machine learning in personalized marketing. I am keen on being part of her research group to enable me gain practical knowledge of machine learning concepts. I also like the fact that their program integrates applied computer science, mathematics and management science in the course modules which will give me a well rounded experience in creating software solutions. I was also offered $4000 scholarship
VO: what's your highest qualification
Me: Bsc Statistics
VO: why the change of program
Me: well this is not a change for me though. Studying this degree will equip me with the technical knowledge and expertise to be able to implement machine learning algorithms efficiently considering my background in statistics. It will afford me the qualifications to take up a job as a senior software engineer in a Nigerian tech firm specializing in machine learning solutions. This degree will make me very desirable when I return back to Nigeria because there is a high demand for software engineers in Nigeria.
VO: When did you finish school?
ME: I finished 2015, after which I went for my compulsory youth service and that lasted till April this year. I was retained at the eCommerce firm were I was working a software developer. My primary duties entails extending the website functionality by developing and implementing ad-on magento plugins. I also perform routine maintenance which involves security patch installations, module updates and reconfiguration, search engine optimization...
VO: what are the courses you will be doing and how will they be beneficial to you?
Me: I listed about 7 courses and I repeated some lines from "why software engineering question":
This will help me solidify my knowledge and give me the ability to design, implement and improve software solutions across multiple domains. It will afford me the qualifications to take up a job as a senior software engineer in a Nigerian tech firm when I am back. I will be able to apply machine learning algorithms efficiently (Though I said it in a different way, so won't start sounding like a robot)
VO: I can see that your brother is your sponsor, what does he do?
Me: He is major distributor for so and so
VO: Has he traveled out of Africa before?
Me: Yes he's being to Dubai, Us
VO: Then she started typing for about 20secs and then asked: did you write any standardized test
Me: yes, I wrote GRE (I got 292)
VO: Let me see your score card.
Me: I reached out to my envelop, at this point I can see her dropping my passport in the tray. Then I passed the GRE result
She now said the sweet words.

My people my ear was still wide open I didn't go deaf oo. She now started rapping the usual " your i20 is as important as your passport always keep it on you, you'll need it at the POE and be ready to ...*I helped her to complete it* explain myself. Then she said I'll get a message in 7days to come pick up the passport.

Some people were denied but I didn't see any blue paper flying around. Abi na the 214g be the blue paper?

This has been a huge relieve. I can now close all the endless tabs that has been open on my system the past 2months

My advice to folks just starting the process: This has been repeated here countless times, please note that GRE is a vital component of your application whether you are seeking for funding or not. If you have enough time, abeg prepare for GRE and smash it.

All glory to God

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2018
Yes. You can have multiple visa type on your passport.

MasterforceII:
Hello All,
Can one obtain a student visa after having recently obtained a visit visa to the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tohlou(m): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2018
Andre79:
Any candidate for FIU summer 2018 Hit me up
Please I applied for FALL 2018 and my application is almost completed,please I need to ask questions I’d love if you can provide me with handful information.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2018
I greet the house...
please I need someone to help make payment of $71 using *PayPal*
please very urgent

thanks.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
hello Mr folmus, someone recommended you to me, can you please help make payment of $71 using *PayPal*
please very urgent
thanks.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nwabu007:
Yes. You can have multiple visa type on your passport.

You cannot have multiple US visa on your passport; you will cancel one for one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by align360: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
makay200:

External Evaluation

Sincerely,

The Graduate College

Hey man! Trust me you will be fine with this and also save costs. Follow the instructions carefully by inputting all the courses from first year to final year accordingly. Make screenshots in pdf, group the screenshots in one folder and send.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=brightdocare post=64649119]

congrat to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Nobody ..... wise people know to stay far away from this school

some people just find it interesting discouraging other people, I don't know what they intend achieving from doing that. for the fact that something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others. na wa una
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
Coloniel5000:

some people just find it interesting discouraging other people, I don't know what they intend achieving from doing that. for the fact that something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others. na wa una

Sincerely I found it really discouraging and after asking why, no answer was given to it. That same school I know about 4 people personally who attended the school, I also know a brother that got admission last year august.

Well, enough said....

Let’s try to explain things better not discourage

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
qdamilola:

Sincerely I found it really discouraging and after asking why, no answer was given to it. That same school I know about 4 people personally who attended the school, I also know a brother that got admission last year august.

Well, enough said....

Let’s try to explain things better not discourage

Thanks

Some schools are profit-oriented, using one-storey buildings. They will give admission as long as you have money to pay without any major standardized tests. Such schools are known at the embassy. While a lenient VO might give a visa, those looking for avenue to deny you will see it a platform. That's why folks here do frown at such schools. I know 2 students admitted by VIU but both got denied twice until they changed their schools. In summary, apply to competitive schools that have good reputations.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
folmus:

Some schools are profit-oriented, using one-storey buildings. They will give admission as long as you have money to pay without any major standardized tests. Such schools are known at the embassy. While a lenient VO might give a visa, those looking for avenue to deny you will see it a platform. That's why folks here do frown at such schools. I know 2 students admitted by VIU but both got denied twice until they changed their schools. In summary, apply to competitive schools that have good reputations.

The school in question here is WIU western Illinois University. Is that what u are also referring to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
Bro I've PM you
adex0802:
thanks to all nairaland my visa was approved on Tuesday morning 6:30am Transcript loading anayone going to Texas A&M uni commerce.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
qdamilola:

The school in question here is WIU western Illinois University. Is that what u are also referring to?

The person that commented knows the school. Am not referring to any school except the one I mentioned which is not WIU but VIU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.