Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (920266 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
@babaoman,

What's your previous name on Nairaland? You just registered Feb 1st(yday). Just wanted to view your previous posts

Does that mean one can't get visa even if its the DBA program? Could you help look for the bright light instead of just doom.

On the contrary, does anyone have any school for DBA that'doesnt need gmat/GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
My safe school, Bowling Green State University (BGSU) just sent me an offer for MA Mathematics now. I am still hoping to get funding decision from them while I await the two other schools. Let us keep hope alive. Wish all those that are expectant GOOD NEWS too

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
Coloniel5000:

some people just find it interesting discouraging other people, I don't know what they intend achieving from doing that. for the fact that something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others. na wa una
Her advice is for wise people, you can decide to follow it or not. Its not a must for you to. After spending money and time on one building school, I guess you will understand better after 2 years.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BabaOman(f): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
ijeomaobi1:
@babaoman,

What's your previous name on Nairaland? You just registered Feb 1st(yday). Just wanted to view your previous posts

Does that mean one can't get visa even if its the DBA program? Could you help look for the bright light instead of just doom.

On the contrary, does anyone have any school for DBA that'doesnt need gmat/GRE

It seems you misconstrued my message. I took my time to check the profile of that school. A school you couldn't access the website for what you need? Don't you think that spells doom already. A good school will surely have a good website. BTW everything you need to know is on the website as unfriendly as it is. I only advise you that you might have difficulties getting visa to such school. Why? Because they will give you admission just for your money. A look at the application fee will explain that. Getting the visa will then be another thing altogether. Sorry don't see my message as doom. You can always try next year for PhD in good schools as shown in your previous posts. Reputable Schools that will give you TA/GA for your PhD are abundant but start early and write GRE. Be wary of schools that do not need GRE/GMAT. My advice!! Remember not everybody needs to register on NL to see your comment. I don dey follow NL lati aye alalumole, e don tay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abiodshoo: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
Please are people able to get their transcript sent to WES with this NASU strike? Any information about FUTMINNA particularly would be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
Coloniel5000:

some people just find it interesting discouraging other people, I don't know what they intend achieving from doing that. for the fact that something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others. na wa una

Coloniel what exactly is my gain by discouraging angry .......... Some schools should be avoided, hence my initial comment . In this case , i miss read the school VIU . Hence why it good to always write the school name in full and note for myself , it always good to read properly

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
qdamilola:

Sincerely I found it really discouraging and after asking why, no answer was given to it. That same school I know about 4 people personally who attended the school, I also know a brother that got admission last year august.

Well, enough said....

Let’s try to explain things better not discourage

Thanks

I apologize , i didnt see the school properly .... WIU is different from VIU ... Saw your followup comment but havent had a chance to come to respond

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
Coloniel5000:

qdamilola:

Sincerely I found it really discouraging and after asking why, no answer was given to it. That same school I know about 4 people personally who attended the school, I also know a brother that got admission last year august.

Well, enough said....

Let’s try to explain things better not discourage

Thanks

I think she mean VIU. That's a bad school for visa and for future career.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
temitope2598:

Hi imperiouxx, just out of my curiosity please....are you in med. school?

In PA school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by makay200(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hi, I think you should use the link provided to evaluate your transcript if you have your unofficial transcript with you. Thereafter, send the pdf copy of the outcome to the graduate school. That's the internal evaluation they talked about. However, if you have the time and resources, you could explore "external" evaluation by ECE or WES. Cheers!

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by makay200(m): 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=qdamilola post=64707224]

Well I suggest you just use WES or ECE, ECE is cheaper and faster than WES. So use ECE to evaluate your transcript instead of trying to use a gpa calculator yourself. Using an evaluation company even gives it more credibility. So I suggest you send your official transcripts to ECE(the cheaper one and faster one), pay them to evaluate and send it to your school.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

What Uni is this? I know that UniBen is on strike. I have been trying to get information on how to get a transcript from the dead school. So if UniBen is your school, please can you fill me in on how you got your transcript even though the strike is not over?
I rep uniben too. nothing for now. unless the strike is called off..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
align360:

Hey man! Trust me you will be fine with this and also save costs. Follow the instructions carefully by inputting all the courses from first year to final year accordingly. Make screenshots in pdf, group the screenshots in one folder and send.

or use Google chrome
download foxit reader app
locate share on the Google chrome
select foxit reader, it will allow u to safe in PDF format..foxi reader allows saving in PDF format
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
folmus:

Some schools are profit-oriented, using one-storey buildings. They will give admission as long as you have money to pay without any major standardized tests. Such schools are known at the embassy. While a lenient VO might give a visa, those looking for avenue to deny you will see it a platform. That's why folks here do frown at such schools. I know 2 students admitted by VIU but both got denied twice until they changed their schools. In summary, apply to competitive schools that have good reputations.

I sent you a email.... please check
thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2018
folmus:

You cannot have multiple US visa on your passport; you will cancel one for one.

Yes, you can have multiple classes of visa on your passport without one getting cancelled. The question here should be if he/she has used the visit visa for travel at all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StackNerd: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hello NL, I jst got admitted to southwest Minnesota state university in usa to study computer science for a degree. Pls, I want 2 confirm hope it not a red flag school? I ll appreciate ur response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nefo: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

I am seeking affordable student housing in Houston, Texas. I will be attending Houston Community College this fall for a two year programme. The school does not have housing for it's students. Please I will appreciate information on how to secure an affordable apartment for the duration of my schooling. Since I will be paying out of pocket, I will require something cheap but decent. Classes will be taken at 4638 Airline Drive, Houston, TX 77022
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by emirkingin: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2018
Evening gurus in the house, Pls I need you guys advice on this matter.
My brother have been denied student visa twice to study MBA (finance management) at West Cliff university, he is planning to apply the third time. Plz what should he put into consideration while going for the interview this third time. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2018
That school is a one-corner university grin grin......let him apply to a more accredited school instead of beating around the bush.......my two cents .
emirkingin:
My brother have been denied student visa twice to study MBA (finance management) at West Cliff university, he is planning to apply the third time. Plz what should he put into consideration while going for the interview this third time. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Josh4wod: 12:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Hello guys

Is it good to apply to about 3 different schools in just one state?

femi312, folmos, lagosismyhome and other gurus.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:15am On Feb 03, 2018
emirkingin:

Any school Wikipedia can't trace but is highly recognized on yelp must have a K-leg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 2:04am On Feb 03, 2018
Hi guys....

Can anyone suggest two good public universities good for studying BSC in Information Technology or Telecommunication Science in the US

I will be applying for funding.....

Thanks...
I tried running a search but not satisfied.

Thanks.

Cc; femi312, justwise, deetus, Lagos mummy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:30am On Feb 03, 2018
Josh4wod:
Hello guys

No big deal about that but it might be a red flag to a VO and it might not be to another. I will advise you spread your risk well, why even apply to 3 schools in the same state when there are so many great programs spread across the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:31am On Feb 03, 2018
Lala234:
Hi guys....

Can anyone suggest two good public universities good for studying BSC in Information Technology or Telecommunication Science in the US

I will be applying for funding.....

Thanks...
I tried running a search but not satisfied.

Thanks.

I have little to no idea about Bsc admisions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 3:15am On Feb 03, 2018
Josh4wod:
Hello guys

Let me guess, you have someone in that state cheesy.There's nothing wrong at all, but you have to prepare a solid and convincing response in case the VO decide to ask why, or better still, look for schools with cheap app fees(if you don't have enough money) in other states and apply to them as well to make sure no eye brows are raised in that direction.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temitope2598: 4:41am On Feb 03, 2018
imperiouxx:

In PA school

Oh...nice! PA's are in demand too.
I need your opinion on this seeing you've been in the US for a while now.
Would you advise a medical doctor from Nigeria who is trying to write Usmle to do MPH or any health related graduate degree? OR opt for PA or ADN degree while taking time to write exams.

She said people have advised her that getting residency even after writing the exams could be a long and expensive process. And that it's a win win with PA or ADN as there's a better chance of getting a job quickly.

What's your opinion please?. Any other doctor in the house could chip in their suggestions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 03, 2018
hmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 5:11am On Feb 03, 2018
Josh4wod:
Hello guys

It's good to apply to more than one school but better to have at least one in a different state and best in 3 different states.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 5:15am On Feb 03, 2018
samhardy:
Hello NL, I jst got admitted to southwest Minnesota state university in usa to study computer science for a degree. Pls, I want 2 confirm hope it not a red flag school? I ll appreciate ur response.

It's an old, traditional school; no wahala. Just go and do well with your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:36am On Feb 03, 2018
Josh4wod:
Hello guys

It can be ok but prepare for this question why are all in one state. If you can answer that well then that fine . If u know u cannot answer that well then apply to schools in multiple state as the main issue is that it flags u have someone in that state

That in itself is not bad as long as u are full prepared on answering it well

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:48am On Feb 03, 2018
emirkingin:

MBA is a very competitive course so choosing to do it in a school that has no Wikipedia and it's hardly located via a Google search cannot be a good thing... let even put Vo aside. What will someone do with school and degree after graduation

There are so many standard schools in the USA. .... a lot of them so your brother should go back to the drawing board and apply to a better school. Masters is only 2 years and the future (or later after MBA) is longer than that. What happens after the 2 years is what more important so choose a better school that can help open doors

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.