Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915172 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Cynthia063: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Squirrel01:
Hello. Respect to my seniors herein, I have a question to ask, it might have been answered unknown to me but I do like to be pointed to that direction if the answer exist, Please for someone that has the zeal to study nursing in US, what's the process involve. which university should I direct my search to and what consideration should I pen down. thank you. please don't ignore

what's your highest certificate for now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sorelee:

i my view your visa transcript was not bad, but i think the reason for your delay was because you didn't write any standardized test. no standardized exams = POTENTIAL MIGRANT to most VOs[/b].
i will advice you prepare and write a standardized test and then you can file again.

Actually, all F-1 holders are potential migrants and they know this. No standardized test probably means not so serious about school.

I don’t think taking a test (for sole purpose of visa interview) is a good investment. He may never even be asked about it in his next interview. There are other parts he could sell, such as where he had the experience (assuming it’s a good brand).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
ojonugwa100:
I greet everyone Here .. am a jjc please I need help for nursing how do I go about it .although I have degree in quantity surveying

Quantity surveying to nursing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by browndegreat: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good evening everyone, please I'm new here and I salute those who take out time to help others here. Please I will be grateful if someone can help me out with this question ; How do I process an F1 American visa and where I can get the necessary documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
browndegreat:
Good evening everyone, please I'm new here and I salute those who take out time to help others here. Please I will be grateful if someone can help me out with this question ; How do I process an F1 American visa and where I can get the necessary documents.
first get an admit for a US school preferable A University (processes varies from institutions ), get your I20 from the school, pay your sevis fee, book an appointment with the US embassy or consulate, go for your interview and grab your visa. cheers

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dalhjana: 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
hello please I'm new here..i really do like this forum..please how do you go about it if you want to study(Masters) in the US on full scholarship and where do we apply for such.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
dalhjana:
hello please I'm new here..i really do like this forum..please how do you go about it if you want to study(Masters) in the US on full scholarship and where do we apply for such.
Start by reading this thread from page 1, you will get all the information you need. That is why we encourage people to ask whatever questions they have here rather than in the pm. Many people have asked this question over and over again, all you need to do is read from the answers people provided for them.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dalhjana: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
femi312:
Start by reading this thread from page 1, you will get all the information you need. That is why we encourage people to ask whatever questions they have here rather than in the pm. Many people have asked this question over and over again, all you need to do is read from the answers people provided for them.
OK thanks man. the pages are much tho.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
Now this post got me thinking....aint HBCUs good choices for admission .. sad.i was planning to add Bowie state uni to my list of schs....i kindly await your response so as not to make a wrong choice biko

bigfrancis21:

I guess what you're looking for are HBCUs (historic black colleges and universities). Some are Morgan State University, Towson University, North Carolina A and T University, Bowie State University (you can check it out but please do not apply nor bank on this school for admission) etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
dalhjana:

@Femi312, pls permit me to indulge him with your masterpiece.

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

femi312:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
dalhjana:

OK thanks man. the pages are much tho.
Too much? Lol You are not ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
aamstih:

@Femi312, pls pe

You are free to do the lord's work. Well done. But for how long will you continue to give them fish instead of making them learn how to fish?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 1:18am On Mar 01, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Now this post got me thinking....aint HBCUs good choices for admission .. sad.i was planning to add Bowie state uni to my list of schs....i kindly await your response so as not to make a wrong choice biko

Of course they are. Some people prefer to apply to them because they have less strict requirements for admission and can be sometimes easier to get into.

You can apply to Bowie State University but do not bank only on that school for admission because they have a high disappointment rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amanze15(m): 4:21am On Mar 01, 2018
tizentos:
Very true,those indians have good support system for graduate education funding unlike Nigeria.

Nevertheless, the job prospect of studying in Stanford is very high for EE. Although the repayment period is around 5-10 years(for Stanford's foreign student loan) and 15-20 years for mpower financing but its better to study without the burden of thinking about outstanding debts.

Moreover,the deadline for admission offer accept/reject is mid-April. Till then,I just have to chill, hoping I get funding from other schools I applied to.

Of course, A specialty is a secret to success in the US. I cant go to MIT and study English, but I would go to Auburn(the biggest sports institution in the US I stand corrected) to study sports science. I studied Geological engineering, its only about 10 schools in the entire US that incorporates Civil engineering, mining, and geology into one program. It doesn't mean a person that went to the University of Illinois—Urbana-Champaign for the EE program wouldn't get the same job as you did, its all about job market upon graduation.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:48am On Mar 01, 2018
Adeish:
bruv he said he is a jjc pls put him through and let him understand. Others thinking the same will also benefit from ur explanations

The rest of us did not magically acquire this information from heaven. We were once jjcs who took the time to study up. The problem isn't that he/she is a jjc, this is simply an excuse for being lazy. Visa information is available on google.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:49am On Mar 01, 2018
dalhjana:

You start by reading from page 1. You really aren't "new" here... so please stop the lying. You registered on this forum as far back as 2013. In that time, you've had over 100 posts on the food, music, politics and family threads. You also have had the time to put up 5 topics... but for some strange reason, when it comes to information pertinent to your future, you're suddenly "new" here?

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dalhjana: 7:33am On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

You start by reading from page 1. You really aren't "new" here... so please stop the lying. You registered on this forum as far back as 2013. In that time, you've had over 100 posts on the food, music, politics and family threads. You also have had the time to put up 5 topics... but for some strange reason, when it comes to information pertinent to your future, you're suddenly "new" here?
yes I know but I only recently started using the travel section yesterday. I never expected the legendary Twoods to check my profile just to prove I'm not new on nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dalhjana: 7:36am On Mar 01, 2018
femi312:
Too much? Lol You are not ready
I will get there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 8:12am On Mar 01, 2018
Morning all, Western illinois MBA students or anyone pls does the GA comes with a full tution waiver or 50percent and how much stipend??. Anyone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by stalone001: 8:54am On Mar 01, 2018
i am a prospective US masters student,i got a GA with full tuition cover to study computer science in the US.Over a year ago i applied to the canadian embassy for student visa through a local travel agent and he(agent) misrepresented a document and i was placed inadmissible to canada for 2 years to expire february next year, So i want to inquire if it will affect my US visa approval. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by agent07(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Hello, I have just been sent m I-20 for a msc computer programme, thou I was given ds same admission last year but was denied, and my school sent another admission for 2018 session a I'm yet to apply for my f1-visa... pls what re d necessary steps to b taken...

[quote author=justwise post=63156889][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 01, 2018
Gifty28:
Morning all, Western illinois MBA students or anyone pls does the GA comes with a full tution waiver or 50percent and how much stipend??. Anyone

GA comes with a full tution waiver in WIU, but sometimes IT depends on if IT is a full time GA or not. It all depends on which, Full time or 2/3 full time GA gets more than 2/3

See the amount below

Graduate Assistant (GA) $943/month $629/month
Research Assistant (RA) $943/month $629/month
Teaching Support Assistant (TSA) $943/month $629/month
Teaching Assistant (TA) $1086/month $724/month.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=TWoods post=65458600]

You start by reading from page 1. You really aren't "new" here... so please stop the lying. You registered on this forum as far back as 2013. In that time, you've had over 100 posts on the food, music, politics and family threads. You also have had the time to put up 5 topics... but for some strange reason, when it comes to information pertinent to your future, you're suddenly "new" here? [/quot

hmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mc1807(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2018
Please guys..pls i have some ques: when applyin for us schools,are u mandated 2 register more than a uni? Secondly,how do u send ur uni transcript 2 all the uni u wana apply for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bidemi1190: 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please how many years visa are post bacc pre-med students offered at nigerian embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CottenTees(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good day!!! Please I need answer to this question that have been bothering me for over a month. The experienced kindly help me.
I was rejected at the POE (Ukraine) late last year, reason given by the officer "reason for entry into Ukraine not approved by Ukrainian govt" and my passport was stamped. Now to my question, won't this pose a problem whenever am doing another Visa interview? Cause I am planning to start processing America visa soon
Cc @Justwise @TWoods
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
CottenTees:
Good day!!! Please I need answer to this question that have been bothering me for over a month. The experienced kindly help me.
I was rejected at the POE (Ukraine) late last year, reason given by the officer "reason for entry into Ukraine not approved by Ukrainian govt" and my passport was stamped. Now to my question, won't this pose a problem whenever am doing another Visa interview? Cause I am planning to start processing America visa soon
Cc @Justwise @TWoods

As long as that is stamped on your passport, it will affect you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CottenTees(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
My passport was just stamped. What is the way forward?
TWoods:

As long as that is stamped on your passport, it will affect you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bee17(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
hello house...I have some questions that has been bothering me...
1. is it a must to write a standardized test like TOEFL,SAT, GRE e.t.c. even if the school doesn't request for it?
2. if someone doesn't need to write any test according to the school admission system...how will someone tel the Visa officer that the school doesn't request for it?

a quick response will b highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please does anyone know of any Arkansas Tech University, and please where can i get ielts study materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glowrie22: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
Gewezzy1:
Please does anyone know of any Arkansas Tech University, and please where can i get ielts study materials

Why Arkansas tech? There are better universities in and around the state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.