Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915212 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
Any one in need of ielts/Toefl materials (Comprises of textbooks past questions all in pdf ,voice note for Listening and speaking) should pm me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
CottenTees:
My passport was just stamped. What is the way forward?

No way forward other than to go for your interview and be honest when asked any questions. Too often you guys are seeking fraudulent ways to beat the system... pay back isn’t always sweet.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
Pls is there anyone doing MSC in Norfolk state university Virginia or knows someone there, pls I need to know, haven't red anytin about the school here before. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Cynthia063: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
bee17:
hello house...I have some questions that has been bothering me...
1. is it a must to write a standardized test like TOEFL,SAT, GRE e.t.c. even if the school doesn't request for it?
2. if someone doesn't need to write any test according to the school admission system...how will someone tel the Visa officer that the school doesn't request for it?

a quick response will b highly appreciated.
if u re going 4 your masters or bachelor's you will have to present 1...but if you re a beginner is not necessary and you won't be asked...me i wasn't asked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Squirrel01: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
Cynthia063:

what's your highest certificate for now?
Hello microbiology HND.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Squirrel01: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
lyrondee:

I think you should use this in your search and don't expect someone to do your homework

Aiit boss. I appreciate your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Squirrel01: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

Are you here to ask specific questions for clarification or looking for someone to basically spoon feed you?

Boss, I asked an innocent question of which I'm ignorant of your accusations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bidemi1190: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please I want to know how many years visa is usually to post bacc pre-med students at nigerian embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please who would or knows anyone that is travelling to the US within the month? kindly pm me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
It's a matter of chance and how qualified you are to gain admission to the schools you are applying to. If you apply to one and you are not offered admission, what do you do ? Wait till the next year and reapply or apply to another school. I suggest you do your research and find about three schools that offer your course in preferred regions and then apply to those schools, there's a good chance one of the schools will require unofficial transcripts for now.

It is the responsibility of your University to send, so i'ld assume you pay and they'll send.

With regards to number to sending transcripts some schools require unofficial transcripts and you only have to send official after you have been admitted. In the event your school requires an independent credential evaluator then you have to send to the company (e.g WES)

Mc1807:
Please guys..pls i have some ques: when applyin for us schools,are u mandated 2 register more than a uni? Secondly,how do u send ur uni transcript 2 all the uni u wana apply for?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mc1807(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thanks dude...whats the diff between official and non official transcript?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Charlise:
Pls is there anyone doing MSC in Norfolk state university Virginia or knows someone there, pls I need to know, haven't red anytin about the school here before. Thanks

I know a Nigerian there doing his MSc in EE (fully funded). Depends on your question, I can relay the information to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
The one couriered directly from your school with the recipient's school name on it is termed official, any other is the opposite.

Mc1807:
Thanks dude...whats the diff between official and non official transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
Scholastica16:

I know a Nigerian there doing his MSc in EE (fully funded). Depends on your question, I can relay the information to him.
Thanks for responding, I applied for MSc in EE too, am hoping that it get fully funded too, pls can I get his contact or email? I need to know how long it takes to get a response after applying, i already have wes evaluated transcript and I need to know if they admit for summer or all is til fall? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
Charlise:

Thanks for responding, I applied for MSc in EE too, am hoping that it get fully funded too, pls can I get his contact or email? I need to know how long it takes to get a response after applying, i already have wes evaluated transcript and I need to know if they admit for summer or all is til fall? Thanks

It is unclear to me why you need to contact a Nigerian student at your prospective school when you can easily ask the program directly? The information you’re asking is likely to be clearly posted on the program website. It just smacks of inferiority complex, like we are somehow afraid to ask Americans direct questions, preferring to hide behind the coattails of fellow Nigerians.

It took me less than half a minute to find the web page... Norfolk State accepts applications for fall and spring admissions. The deadlines are clearly spelled out on the web. How did you apply for admission without thoroughly reading the instructions?

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
Greetings....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
TravelDrim:
Greetings house, Pls someone should help me out oo. I need a miracle. I want to write GRE and smash it! Cos I aim to get a scholarship through it. If it is for reading, I don read my eyes out, cos my own story will be heard here too. Pls if it touches you, plss help me complete my payment. I want to further into Public health. cool shocked shocked

If you can’t afford the GRE, how can you afford an education in the United States? I think you’re being very unrealistic... you cannot rely on “miracles” for everything.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mc1807(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
You guys here rock!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Miracles happen.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

It is unclear to me why you need to contact a Nigerian student at your prospective school when you can easily ask the program directly? The information you’re asking is likely to be clearly posted on the program website. It just smacks of inferiority complex, like we are somehow afraid to ask Americans direct questions, preferring to hide behind the coattails of fellow Nigerians.
It took me less than half a minute to find the web page... Norfolk State accepts applications for fall and spring admissions. The deadlines are clearly spelled out on the web. How did you apply for admission without thoroughly reading the instructions?
I didn't ask him for the instructions, I go to the school page everyday, I have the graduate catalog downloaded on my phone, soo plsss don't respond like I don't know what am doin. I just needed to talk to someone in the schl to knw how soon they responds. When I applied on the schl page I noticed that instead of august fall session, they only have summer A and summer B which is April and may/June left for 2018 session. That was why I needed a student there and mostly because I notice that Norfolk is hardly mentioned here.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello house,

I just got admitted into Steven Institute of Technology New Jersey, for Masters programme.

However nothing was stated about asisstantship or scholarship which I applied for in the letter.

I wish to know if I will be informed about assistantship opportunity after accepting the offer as I was told to accept the offer or otherwise in 30 days or I have to write them to ask for it.

I might not be able to attend the school without it as the tuition is quite high.

Thank for reasonable contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
FA13:
Hello house,

I just got admitted into Steven Institute of Technology New Jersey, for Masters programme.

However nothing was stated about asisstantship or scholarship which I applied for in the letter.

I wish to know if I will be informed about assistantship opportunity after accepting the offer as I was told to accept the offer or otherwise in 30 days or I have to write them to ask for it.

I might not be able to attend the school without it as the tuition is quite high.

Thank for reasonable contribution.

Call them. Ask.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Charlise:

I didn't ask him for the instructions, I go to the school page everyday, I have the graduate catalog downloaded on my phone, soo plsss don't respond like I don't know what am doin. I just needed to talk to someone in the schl to knw how soon they responds. When I applied on the schl page I noticed that instead of august fall session, they only have summer A and summer B which is April and may/June left for 2018 session. That was why I needed a student there and mostly because I notice that Norfolk is hardly mentioned here.

If you got to the school website everyday and you have the catalog downloaded to your phone, you likely must have seen contact information for your program. Use the number or email address. They will respond to you. The person you wish to ask will never have anything better than hearsay information.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

If you got to the school website everyday and you have the catalog downloaded to your phone, you likely must have seen contact information for your program. Use the number or email address. They will respond to you. The person you wish to ask will never have anything better than hearsay information.
I know they have emails and phone No's to contact them on before coming here to ask, there is no big deal trying to connect with someone in the same school and luckily for me the person is into EE, pls u can just choose to ignore my write ups and let others do, this forum is meant to help not harsh responses. I wil appreciate if you stop replying abeg.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
Charlise:

I know they have emails and phone No's to contact them on before coming here to ask, there is no big deal trying to connect with someone in the same school and luckily for me the person is into EE, pls u can just choose to ignore my write ups and let others do, this forum is meant to help not harsh responses. I wil appreciate if you stop replying abeg.

If you do not like responses, perhaps you should invent a blog? The problem with Nigerians is that they are absolutely immune to being helped. Good luck to you.

Your responses sound absurd... which is easier - send an email to your program coordinator/call and get an answer direct from source or waste your time begging for the contacts of someone you’ve never met, who may not even be able to help? Lol I often feel like I lose a brain cell or two around here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

If you do not like responses, perhaps you should invent a blog? The problem with Nigerians is that they are absolutely immune to being helped. Good luck to you.

Your responses sound absurd... which is easier - send an email to your program coordinator/call and get an answer direct from source or waste your time begging for the contacts of someone you’ve never met, who may not even be able to help? Lol I often feel like I lose a brain cell or two around here.
Whatever!!!, I wasn't beggin for anybody contact, only asked for it, if its given, fine and if is not , good. Is a public forum meeting people you haven't met before is normal. You are really somehow.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Charlise:

Whatever!!!, I wasn't beggin for anybody contact, only asked for it, if its given, fine and if is not , good. Is a public forum meeting people you haven't met before is normal. You are really somehow.

grin if this is how a Nigerian “graduate” writes, then we are royally screwed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Charlise(f): 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

After going through most of the pages here, I understand that I shoudnt have wasted my time on you. American graduate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
TWoods:

Bro you just too problematic ! You so rude to every one! I don't really care who you're right now or if i have to get banned for this...I must say t1.You're problematic 2.You're extremely harsh 3.You talk to anyone anyhow .4 YOU'RE SO FULL OF YOURSELF

Bro Change your ways to enjoy life ...Be friendly!!!.

Mind You without this thread, and Nairaland as a whole , There are a lot out there that are getting there way into the states to study . .. ...Which automatically means without you Anyone/everyone can get their way into the states to study.!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 12:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Adeish:
Bro you just too problematic ! You so rude to every one! I don't really care who you're right now or if i have to get banned for this...I must say t1.You're problematic 2.You're extremely harsh 3.You talk to anyone anyhow .4 YOU'RE SO FULL OF YOURSELF

Bro Change your ways to enjoy life ...Be friendly!!!.

Mind You without this thread, and Nairaland as a whole , There are a lot out there that are getting there way into the states to study . .. ...Which automatically means without you Anyone/everyone can get my way into the states to study.!

men that bro be so harsh at times with his words. make him they chill small abeg

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by demiiii(f): 12:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Hello guys, I have so many questions to ask but I will take them as I remember.
MY SISTER
Delivered in the USA in 2015 and paid all bills(has her zero balance) but after the expiration of her visa in 2016, she decided not to renew, even by drop box. Now in 2018, she's currently schooling(Masters) in the UK and decided to renew her USA visa but got rejected during the interview. She informed the interviewer that she stayed in USA for three (3) months because she had a baby but she was not with her zero balance letter.
My question is - Can she reapply since She will be back it Lagos in the next 4 weeks and she wants to reapply and also take along her zero balance letter? Hope she would not be rejected again. Need advice urgently.

Thanks Nairalanders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.