Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915641 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 6:06am On Apr 10, 2018
mzomaks:
Pls Abuja or Lagos which is better to apply for a student visa?
go to the one closer to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2018
Felixsun20:
Top 100 will do joor All the best!
Thank you! Please any idea of which of these schools offer full scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2018
Hello gurus in the house. Please can anyone link me to @Texrem , hes been offline since january and I really need his help with ETSU. if anyone can help me with his email or direct contact. I ll really appreciate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:32am On Apr 10, 2018
Bettertomorrow1:

Thanks bro

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2018
ProfOjah1234:

Otipegan padi mi.. but I still dey vex for you aswear..

Huh? Vex bawo

You still dey Morocco or you don trek reach where you dey go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2018
skido04:
Hello gurus in the house. Please can anyone link me to @Texrem , hes been offline since january and I really need his help with ETSU. if anyone can help me with his email or direct contact. I ll really appreciate it

Send him pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by speaktony: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2018
Hello. Sorry about this. I sent you an email, please reply.

martAKINOLA:
Visa interview last week March 19
This was how it went

VO: good morning
Me: good mornings
VO: what are you going to do in the US
ME: to pursue my degree in computer science in the university of central Missouri
VO: what are your post graduate plans
ME: come back to Nigeria immediately, I have many opportunities, work with the federal government and taking over my parents business
VO: what's your parent business?
ME: cocoa merchant, they have a lot of lands in the southwest area with cocoa cultivations on it
VO: good
VO: how does this course help your parent business?
Me: they do sell the cocoa seeds to various customers which the use of computer is very essential for some transactions, so with that I'll be of great help
VO: how many schools did you apply for
ME: 3
VO: name the other 2
ME: eastern Illinois university and university of Memphis
V:O have you travelled before
ME: yes
VO: where?
ME: Ghana and Togo

He nodded his head throughout which shows cool

He sha kept typing for long that was where I knew something is happening

VO:He just suddenly said I'm sorry you don't have the requirements
He returned my stuffs

Guys where is my error

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2018
femi312:
1) Within 90 days before the start day on your i20, for example if the start date on your i20 is August 30, you can go to the embassy anytime between June 1 and August 25.
2) No its not, that is a red flag. What matters is good inflow and outflow of cash and not a huge lump sum.
3) Choose one and decline the others except you have plans of transferring to any other schools

It is 120 days.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnsonpal: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2018
People should be careful of some "charitable" 50% off and Lesser GRE & TOEFL registration fee payment, SOME of the payment are been done with stolen credit cards. A friend's result was canceled 6 months after writing. " Awoof they run belle" Y'all better be careful.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mosthigh33: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2018
Thank you for your Advise. But because this is a open forum where everyone have the ability to type whatever doesnt give you the right to say things you know nothing about. Let me ask you either stolen or legit how many members on this forum have you put a single smile on their face?. YOU ONLY CRITICIZE PEOPLE. Maybe you should check yourself first. DONT COME HERE AND TYPE NONSENSE
johnsonpal:
People should be careful of some "charitable" 50% off and Lesser GRE & TOEFL registration fee payment, SOME of the payment are been done with stolen credit cards. A friend's result was canceled 6 months after writing. " Awoof they run belle" Y'all better be careful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnsonpal: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2018
mosthigh33:
Thank you for your Advise. But because this is a open forum where everyone have the ability to type whatever doesnt give you the right to say things you know nothing about. Let me ask you either stolen or legit how many members on this forum have you put a single smile on their face. YOU ONLY CRITICIZE PEOPLE. Maybe you should check yourself first.
yo dude, Calm down!! criticize who? I just said people should be careful and that is all. what is my own?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2018
mosthigh33:
Thank you for your Advise. But because this is a open forum where everyone have the ability to type whatever doesnt give you the right to say things you know nothing about. Let me ask you either stolen or legit how many members on this forum have you put a single smile on their face?. YOU ONLY CRITICIZE PEOPLE. Maybe you should check yourself first. DONT COME HERE AND TYPE NONSENSE

There a difference between Criticising and a word of caution. Where did johnsonpal criticize?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnsonpal: 11:03am On Apr 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

There a difference between Criticising and a word of caution. Where did johnsonpal criticize?
Thanks Madam, it left to people to take heed. Little wonder why there is hardly any "promo" for GMAT/SAT/IETLS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by casid: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2018
I am a student traveling soon for Florida. My contact is currently assisting me in search for an apartment but I am not fine with the fact that he only suggested Craigslist. Please is there any other website I can use or anyone with information on how I can get an apartment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jenkay(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Walspring:

Send him pm
Olabodebabajide5@yahoo.com...
Send me an email... I can be of help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
I’ve not seen him in school for a while now ! What do you need I go to ETSU
skido04:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TrustGod2018: 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Does anyone know any university that does not require SAT or ACT for their undergraduate programs?ETSU does not ! I need some more school ! Someone help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
@k199192 here's my email......ssunshine095@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
I have been reading the thread and trying to amass so much knowledge before applying. I came across someone being rejected cos he applied to just one school, PLEASE GURUS IN THE HOUSE, Is it preferable to apply to more than one school ? because it seems all v.o ask that question from the transcripts I have read. Please should I apply to more than one school or do research on few schools and apply to just one. I want to know if it’s a criteria. Thank you and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Greetings everyone. I have a question to ask. Formerly when VO ask of transcript ,if you show him/her is a red flag. I wish to know if it is still like that. Normally we are not meant to hold our transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by casid: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
I will be resuming summer term in Florida and a friend is currently assisting me in search for an apartment but I am not fine with the fact that he suggested Craigslist. Please is there any other website I can use or anyone with information on how I can get an apartment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mitchely: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
brave1773:
Greetings everyone. I have a question to ask. Formerly when VO ask of transcript ,if you show him/her is a red flag. I wish to know if it is still like that. Normally we are not meant to hold our transcript.
....You can present the student copy of your transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
I have been reading the thread and trying to amass so much knowledge before applying. I came across someone being rejected cos he applied to just one school, PLEASE GURUS IN THE HOUSE, Is it preferable to apply to more than one school ? because it seems all v.o ask that question from the transcripts I have read. Please should I apply to more than one school or do research on few schools and apply to just one. I want to know if it’s a criteria. Thank you and God bless.
Apply to more than one school if you have the money, It is a clear indication of seriousness and hard work. These two qualities are what every international student should have.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thacokeboy: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
casid:
I am a student traveling soon for Florida. My contact is currently assisting me in search for an apartment but I am not fine with the fact that he only suggested Craigslist. Please is there any other website I can use or anyone with information on how I can get an apartment.
. download trulia app

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lakesyd32: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
hello guys, pls, I was given an admission and a full scholarship in a university in US and will be going for the interview soon, do I still need to hold my statements of account even though I have funding from the school? and do I still need to have enormous amount in my acct for the interview cos I filled 'self' in the sponsor column while filling the DS160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ajokeomopupa: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
casid:
Which school are you going to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
goodemma20:
Apply to more than one school if you have the money, It is a clear indication of seriousness and hard work. These two qualities are what every international student should have.

Thank you for the response. Gone through some threads and I can see some responses such as the school is a red flag school. my question is, how will you know a school capable of getting a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lakesyd32:
hello guys, pls, I was given an admission and a full scholarship in a university in US and will be going for the interview soon, do I still need to hold my statements of account even though I have funding from the school? and do I still need to have enormous amount in my acct for the interview cos I filled 'self' in the sponsor column while filling the DS160.

The gurus in the house will help provide suitable answers to this. Btw
Please do you have an idea if the school application process is still up for fall 2018?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
Please house, how are you to know if a school you are applying to will be redflagged? What should an individual look out for in the school to avoid wasting application fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.