Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915621 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2018
bigwizzy001:
cc lagosismyhome
cc femi312
cc bigffancis etc

And all the gurus in the house,

I'm looking at spring 2019 entry. I've not applied to any school yet. I want you to clear me of my worries .

1. Is it compulsory I sit for GRE before applying to the universities of my choice or can i apply to schools first and sit for GRE later(before or after my admission decision is made)?

2. If I write GRE by June, can I still get assistanceship against January 2019 entry?

Thanks in anticipation.

It's better you sit for GRE and know your score so that you can be able to know which river or sea you want to cast your net to catch fish(es)

it depend on the school funding policy and you can get it if it's available for 2019 entry..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2018
Lakesyd32 I sent you a message .. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 10:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Hello everybody.please for intended stay in US do i put 4 years or put one year there since i might come back next year christmas for holiday..
Am in for Bsc (4Years)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2018
Hello the gurus in the house,

As am preparing for my visa interview a question just came into my mind that what if the VO ask me when and where I graduated?

I got my HND in 2009 in a polytechnic in south west nigeria and PGD in FUTA in 2015 and I used all these for my admission.

From your experiences, How can I answer this question ?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2018
NiklausAkins:
Hello everybody.please for intended stay in US do i put 4 years or put one year there since i might come back next year christmas for holiday..
Am in for Bsc (4Years)
put 4years
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 11:48am On Apr 12, 2018
bigwizzy001:
All the gurus in the house,

I'm looking at spring 2019 entry. I've not applied to any school yet. I want you to clear me of my worries .

1. Is it compulsory I sit for GRE before applying to the universities of my choice or can i apply to schools first and sit for GRE later(before or after my admission decision is made)?

2. If I write GRE by June, can I still get assistanceship against January 2019 entry?

Thanks in anticipation.
it’s best to sit for Gre since you are going for master but some schools accept just toefl!!!gre also increases your chances of getting a scholarship... finally you can get assistantship against 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Aitonline:
Hello the gurus in the house,

As am preparing for my visa interview a question just came into my mind that what if the VO ask me when and where I graduated?

I got my HND in 2009 in a polytechnic in south west nigeria and PGD in FUTA in 2015 and I used all these for my admission.

From your experiences, How can I answer this question ?

Thanks

explain everything to the VO according to the way to stated it up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
goodemma20:
A very easy way is to use google. Add the word "ranking" to the name of a school and google it. For example, If you want to find the ranking of Boston university, you'll google Boston university ranking. The very first result will tell you the ranking of the school. If no ranking shows up, it's probably a one building school and should be avoided.

Thanks for your earlier reply please what do you know about Eastern Illinois University, please people should help me out about the school. I was unable to get the school ranking online.

I have been given admission and waiting for my I-20 to arrive so am already planning for my visa interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Please apart from graduate assistantship, how does one get a scholarship for masters studies?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
Its been a while i hear a success story of visa here. People please post your visa interview transcripts to boost we that are planning to have our interview this month or next month.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
mosthigh33:
Thank you for your Advise. But because this is a open forum where everyone have the ability to type whatever doesnt give you the right to say things you know nothing about. Let me ask you either stolen or legit how many members on this forum have you put a single smile on their face?. YOU ONLY CRITICIZE PEOPLE. Maybe you should check yourself first. DONT COME HERE AND TYPE NONSENSE

Very interesting..no wonder Nigeria is screwed up.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
@lincoffm

Please no more of your business ad here again, i have told you this in our email exchange but you keep placing the ad here.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
justwise:
@lincoffm

Please no more of your business ad here again, i have told you this in our email exchange but you keep placing the ad here.

Thank you.
Oga justwise, I commend your work on this section and I understand you're trying to regulate this section as much as you can.

Please tbh, why exactly shouldn't he post his ads, he has helped and still helping a number of people on this thread as well as other threads?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aitonline(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
explain everything to the VO according to the way to stated it up
You are highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Olalekank:

Oga justwise, I commend your work on this section and I understand you're trying to regulate this section as much as you can.

Please tbh, why exactly shouldn't he post his ads, he has helped and still helping a number of people on this thread as well as other threads?

In-thread ad is not allowed, if he wants to advertise his business he needs to contact the admin and pay for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

In-thread ad is not allowed, if he wants to advertise his business he needs to contact the admin and pay for it.
hmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Depends .... normally I would sit for GRE Before paying an application fee especially for funding as a lot can depend on the score but can start the ground work and other preparation in advance

Not sure what you mean by sit GRE after admission. You can only do that if GRE is not required . I think your best guide is listing for yourself all application deadline both for admission and funding and then making sure you meet those deadline

Jan entry...possible but note that funding is significantly less in spring (jan) resumption. There are more opportunities in fall (August ) resumption

Thanks so much my sister, May God reason your matter too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Please I need someone to help me shed more light on the possibility of v.o’s approving visa for an individual going to university of Idaho through there global student success program. The benefit of the g.s.s.p is that you are Not applying with either gre nor toefl ,the first two terms is for English courses and other pre masters subject. You tend to pay a deposit to book your seat before your I-20 can be issued to you. May I know if this is a credible way when presented to the v.o as I have done my research on the program and also the school. Please gurus in the house , help with this .
I don't know about this program. However, I m very sure that your deposit (even your tuition) does not guarantee your visa. You need to convince the Vo that you are a genuine student plus financially buoyant to do that program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Walspring:

It's better you sit for GRE and know your score so that you can be able to know which river or sea you want to cast your net to catch fish(es)

it depend on the school funding policy and you can get it if it's available for 2019 entry..

Thanks Walspring of life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
it’s best to sit for Gre since you are going for master but some schools accept just toefl!!!gre also increases your chances of getting a scholarship... finally you can get assistantship against 2019

Thanks my man with a funny moniker; thepianoguy lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Please I need someone to help me shed more light on the possibility of v.o’s approving visa for an individual going to university of Idaho through there global student success program. The benefit of the g.s.s.p is that you are Not applying with either gre nor toefl ,the first two terms is for English courses and other pre masters subject. You tend to pay a deposit to book your seat before your I-20 can be issued to you. May I know if this is a credible way when presented to the v.o as I have done my research on the program and also the school. Please gurus in the house , help with this

Forget that global success program thing and apply for a proper degree..go for a Bachelors/Masters/PhD. You are just going there to waste money anyways based on the info you've provided here. Even if you don't want to take the GRE or TOEFL which I strongly discourage, there are still hundreds of schools that don't have that requirement. Get googling!
That being said, deposits don't guarantee visas plus it can be a hassle to get it back if you don't get a visa.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
TravelDrim:
Please apart from graduate assistantship, how does one get a scholarship for masters studies?
There are a variety of ways to get funded as a graduate student. You can get a 'scores-based' assistantship from the school, department, a faculty right from the start. You can get a teaching job (TA/GTA). You can also still get assistantships even after one or more semesters in school which in some cases are not purely performance based, but coupled with your ability to run around school and find research opportunities.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iamblisz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hi all, I have been a silent reader of this thread, and to be honest it's been really helpful at the same time Confusing cause their are lots of vital information to grap and dijest. I graduated with a 2.2 GPA in quantity surveying I'm currently rounding up my nysc in a few months time, I intend to do my masters in the US , but I don't know where to start from.

Should I start with registering for GRE or TOEfl because of my low GPA before proceeding for admission processes (which I don't even know where to start from) .
I was thinking of preparing very well for the exams (that is if I register for the exam) in other to get a scholarship (if I A's the courses ).

A friend told me about an agent whose job is getting admission for students in the US, according to him the guy is legit cause he has been doing such business for years, should I pay him to help me get admission or should I do it myself?

Just as someone said in part 12 of this thread " if you don't give it a try you will never know.
I intend to give my all in other to make this work.
That's all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mathew490: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
hello pals i intend paying the school to ship my i20 form from cleveland state university but they the dont accept payment credit card pls what will i do help a brother

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
yuscodguy:

Thanks for your earlier reply please what do you know about Eastern Illinois University, please people should help me out about the school. I was unable to get the school ranking online.

I have been given admission and waiting for my I-20 to arrive so am already planning for my visa interview
which of the EIU campuses where you admitted into?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
mathew490:
hello pals i intend paying the school to ship my i20 form from cleveland state university but they the dont accept payment credit card pls what will i do help a brother

You can have fedex or dhl pick it up from the school and mail it and then pay in naira .. Although check if the school allows this

Someone posted the process a while ago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
iamblisz:
Hi all, I have been a silent reader of this thread, and to be honest it's been really helpful at the same time Confusing cause their are lots of vital information to grap and dijest. I graduated with a 2.2 GPA in quantity surveying I'm currently rounding up my nysc in a few months time, I intend to do my masters in the US , but I don't know where to start from.

Should I start with registering for GRE or TOEfl because of my low GPA before proceeding for admission processes (which I don't even know where to start from) .
I was thinking of preparing very well for the exams (that is if I register for the exam) in other to get a scholarship (if I A's the courses ).

A friend told me about an agent whose job is getting admission for students in the US, according to him the guy is legit cause he has been doing such business for years, should I pay him to help me get admission or should I do it myself?

Just as someone said in part 12 of this thread " if you don't give it a try you will never know.
I intend to give my all in other to make this work.
That's all.

Do you really want to go to grad school? I see no mention of a proposed course of study, or schools you are looking at.

One thing I will tell you is that loads of people going for undergrad do this themselves..I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to as a graduate-the process is not complicated. I never support the use of agents or anything like that;they can put false information on critical application documents which can land you a ban..of course after enjoying your money. My advice? continue reading through the thread. You'll get a hang of it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
hey guys, i wrote gre on tuesday, scored 160 in quant and 132 in verbal, My verbal is actually bad, i hope u guys can enlighten me how i can improve on my verbal, which textbk is the best so i can work on it, i am planning writing another gre in a month or two. and is there any school that can offer me admission base on this score?
m.sc in industrial engineering.
please i need your candid textbooks description on verbal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
mathew490:

How about you tell them to ship it via regular mail at no cost? It takes just about 4wks to get it down here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
mathew490:
Go to DHL office and tell them you want them to pick your I-20 for you. It will cost you 27k or so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lamzee:

Go to DHL office and tell them you want them to pick your I-20 for you. It will cost you 27k or so
what if someone over there picks up the i-20 from your sch and send it via any of the courier services what would be the cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.