Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917110 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Larrynrlnd1(m): 2:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kyautaz: 3:50am On Apr 14, 2018
Please anyone going to Towson university Maryland?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 5:53am On Apr 14, 2018
sultanfortune:

It used to be 62 dollars for FedEx and somewhere around 90-95 dollars for DHL and UPS. But now,FedEx from their website through eshipglobal is 96 dollars and UPS is now the cheapest at 92 dollars.
Infact currently there is no option for FedEx and DHL but only for UPS at 92. I think its on the high side,anything from 60-70 dollars should have been better,because paying from Nigeria to pick it up anywhere in the US through DHL offices in Lagos is 21,620 naira.

If time is on your side, you can try receiving it through USPS express mail option. It costs $65 and takes about 1 to 2 weeks maximum to be delivered. It comes with a tracking number too.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:25am On Apr 14, 2018
Larrynrlnd1:
Hello House,

I have a BSC in Physics (Third Class). Graduated in 2012 and i am currently 32.

I have worked with with 2 multinationals since 2013 but i intend applying for a post graduate course in the US.

I have not gone for any post graduate studies after my first degree but i really want to make a move academically as i am not proud of my 1st degree grade.

Will a high GRE score suffice for a Masters or should i write SAT and apply for an undergraduate course?

I have a very good SSCE result.

please also advise further on the route to take.

Thank you.

Endeavour to evaluate your transcript using WES
Write GRE and aim a very high score
@32 going back for undergrad might raise a problem getting visa.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2018
Felixsun20:

I get where you're coming from now but then again, you'll have to thoroughly convince the VO that you have great and genuine intentions for having to go back for the same program in The States.

All non-Americans going to study in The States are seen as potential immigrants so you'll have to do your best in convincing the VO. Blessings!
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Adekola87: 10:47am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello, rumies
My interview is less than 10days now (first time), from what have been reading on internet regarding F1 visa interview is we should not overdress I want to ask if putting on suit with tie is an overdress ?
And what are the needed documents to take along apart from these:
*Int passport
*Adm letter
*SOA
*i20
*sevies receipt
*BSc certificate
*2 photographs passport
Thanks for your response

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kingfintan: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello great house, please someone who is 24 years old is he too old to go for an undergraduate degree?? As I have a BEng in production Engineering 2:2 and I was given admission to study Appied Disaster and emergency studies For another undergraduate but was admitted as a second degree student and will finish the course in 2 years instead of the normal 4 years..and I really like the course.. please house is there any red flag in what I have wrote, the undergraduate course is just for 2 years 60 credit instead of 4 years 120 credit.. I need answer please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayindesegun10(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
Adekola87:
Hello, rumies
My interview is less than 10days now (first time), from what have been reading on internet regarding F1 visa interview is we should not overdress I want to ask if putting on suit with tie is an overdress ?
*Int passport
*Adm letter
*SOA
*i20
*sevies receipt
*BSc certificate
*2 photographs passport
Thanks for your response

Oh, wearing a suit isn't and shouldn't be classified as overdress, besides who doesn't look cute in suits cheesy .
Added advice, please be confident. No fidgeting and don't argue with them please. A friend witnessed one argument like that at ABJ US embassy and the VO was just pissed off and gave denial instantly. Just be composed and know what you ought to say at the appropriate time. Make it interactive, view the VO as your friend and you shall surely come back here to drop the good news. Stay blessed.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ObenJoshua(m): 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hello House,

please is there anyone here going to The University of Texas at El Paso(UTEP) this fall(August)?

and is there anyone currently studying there who can further assist with post admission offer and visa processes?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Reichtag(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
Gurus in this house please how does SOP look like..or will i say how do one go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
santricedupas:

is the school tuition free

how did you mean
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
biikeys:

Yes, a Harvard MBA grad can be 'poor'..there are lots of stories out there on the internet. Like I've mentioned a few times here, it's more about your networks, potential referrals at top schools. You can spend several thousands of dollars and still not get a decent job.

Lol. My brother thanks for giving them a good advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Adekola87: 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2018
@Ayindesegun, thanks for the response I don't know if can help me with preinterview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
Larrynrlnd1:
Hello House,

I have worked with with 2 multinationals since 2013 but i intend applying for a post graduate course in the US.

I have not gone for any post graduate studies after my first degree but i really want to make a move academically as i am not proud of my 1st degree grade.

Will a high GRE score suffice for a Masters or should i write SAT and apply for an undergraduate course?

Thank you.
Since you've been fortunate enough to work with two multinationals, that's a big plus that will boost your chances of securing a visa from the VO. I'd rather you go for a postgraduate program , study well for GRE and just slay it! Age is a factor that the VO might use to disqualify you should you want to go back for a fresh undergraduate degree.

However, some "proud" schools do not accept third class graduates into their postgraduate programs but there is what they call postgraduate diploma. Third class graduates can then do the postgraduate diploma after which they'll be admitted for a full time postgraduate program of their choice. Remember, your intended graduate program should be in the same field as what you studied for your undergraduate degree.

That said, I'd rather you go the post graduate diploma route. Go to the Internet and check for schools as well as the admission requirements (for your intended program) especially for potential third class graduate students.

Many blessings.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
Olalekank:

Thank you so much.

Oh thank you too cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
kingfintan:
Hello great house, please someone who is 24 years old is he too old to go for an undergraduate degree?? As I have a BEng in production Engineering 2:2 and I was given admission to study Appied Disaster and emergency studies For another undergraduate but was admitted as a second degree student and will finish the course in 2 years instead of the normal 4 years..and I really like the course.. please house is there any red flag in what I have wrote written, the undergraduate course is just for 2 years 60 credit instead of 4 years 120 credit.. I need answer please
Oh no, you have no worries at all! Go for it and pray for favour at the interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
Larrynrlnd1:
Hello House,

Thank you.
what’s your undergraduate gp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
Adekola87:
Hello, rumies
*Int passport
*Adm letter
*SOA
*i20
*sevies receipt
*BSc certificate
*2 photographs passport
Thanks for your response
DS-160 confirmation, appointment confirmation. Go with your test scores document if you wrote any.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
winterstorm:
I don't know about this program. However, I m very sure that your deposit (even your tuition) does not guarantee your visa. You need to convince the Vo that you are a genuine student plus financially buoyant to do that program.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
kingfintan:
Hello great house, please someone who is 24 years old is he too old to go for an undergraduate degree?? As I have a BEng in production Engineering 2:2 and I was given admission to study Appied Disaster and emergency studies For another undergraduate but was admitted as a second degree student and will finish the course in 2 years instead of the normal 4 years..and I really like the course.. please house is there any red flag in what I have wrote, the undergraduate course is just for 2 years 60 credit instead of 4 years 120 credit.. I need answer please
Compared to Production enginnering, Appied Disaster and emergency studies is a lower course. For you to get this visa, you'll have to convincingly explain why you decided to switch to a course that does not relate to what you studied before.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
Felixsun20:

Since you've been fortunate enough to work with two multinationals, that's a big plus that will boost your chances of securing a visa from the VO. I'd rather you go for a postgraduate program , study well for GRE and just slay it! Age is a factor that the VO might use to disqualify you should you want to go back for a fresh undergraduate degree.

However, some "proud" schools do not accept third class graduates into their postgraduate programs but there is what they call postgraduate diploma. Third class graduates can then do the postgraduate diploma after which they'll be admitted for a full time postgraduate program of their choice. Remember, your intended graduate program should be in the same field as what you studied for your undergraduate degree.

That said, I'd rather you go the post graduate diploma route. Go to the Internet and check for schools as well as the admission requirements (for your intended program) especially for potential third class graduate students.

Many blessings.

Is this advice for schools in the UK or in the US? shocked shocked Your Post grad diploma is a UK thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kingfintan: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
goodemma20:
Compared to Production enginnering, Appied Disaster and emergency studies is a lower course. For you to get this visa, you'll have to convincingly explain why you decided to switch to a course that does not relate to what you studied before.

Hey bro I understand you well, but looking at it from my angle it kind of related in a way because every production industry have a safety and emergency department, and you know that we engineers deal with heavy duty machines, so natural and man-made disasters are bound to happen during county operations in the factory and so many other things.. though ain’t doing it for 4 years but rather 2 years because my first degree was recognized by the university..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
Felixsun20:

Oh no, you have no worries at all! Go for it and pray for favour at the interview.
Bro, you dey UNILAG? Abeg make we connect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
please house, I need urgent help, I have to send my uncle's statement of account by Monday to the school which i got admitted WIU and I just got the bank statement, it a company account but which he solely have access to e.g (Dickson and associate's), the closing balance on the statement is 5.8M in naira but with lots of cash transactions within the last six months but the school started that the statement of account must be above a yearly graduate student expenses of $24000, my questions now are; firstly, will the closing balance not affect the school decision in sending me my acceptance letter and i-20 and secondly, will the embassy not reject the statement been a company account. thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
Coloniel5000:
please house, I need urgent help, I have to send my uncle's statement of account by Monday to the school which i got admitted WIU and I just got the bank statement, it a company account but which he solely have access to e.g (Dickson and associate's), the closing balance on the statement is 5.8M in naira but with lots of cash transactions within the last six months but the school started that the statement of account must be above a yearly graduate student expenses of $24000, my questions now are; firstly, will the closing balance not affect the school decision in sending me my acceptance letter and i-20 and secondly, will the embassy not reject the statement been a company account. thanks in anticipation.
Yes the school wont send your i20 until you submit an SOA that can cover the full fees. Company account is not good for visa interview purpose because you will have to explain while the company wants to sponsor you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
femi312:
Yes the school wont send your i20 until you submit an SOA that can cover the full fees. Company account is not good for visa interview purpose because you will have to explain while the company wants to sponsor you.
bros, have PM you, please can you reply me, just wonna ask somethings from you. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
Coloniel5000:

bros, have PM you, please can you reply me, just wonna ask somethings from you. thanks
You can ask here, I don't have access to that email until I login on my computer which I cant do today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
Larrynrlnd1:
Hello House,

Thank you.

Listen very carefully,
post graduate diploma is for the UK
You don't need a second degree considering your age;
Get your transcript evaluated using www.wes.org
Ace the GRE;
Search for school's that admit with minimum cpga of 2.50 and above
Feel free to pm me
Your dreams are very much possible!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.