Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,610 members, 7,823,655 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918576 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Walspring:

Go and check your spam or junk if its not there then maybe the email address is not correct
I have done so and couldn’t see anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
knash1:
I have done so and couldn’t see anything.

Ha!... maybe something is wrong somewhere.

I hope you typed the correct email when filling the registration form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Macaulay10:
you mean this are all the schools you applied to, and none requested for WES

Yes. Unofficial transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by babisho: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Macaulay10 post=68375479] pls look into this

Most of the schools I want to apply to, I checked the admission requirements part on their website, they stated Official transcript..... I don't know if it's before enrollment or during application process, none stated they accept unofficial transcript, because sending transcripts from my school internationally is 10k, so 7 schools is like 70k excluding caurier...

I would advise that you send an email or place a call to the admissions office of the various schools you have shortlisted. They are the ones who can really give you legit info. It is not impossible that a school may even be willing to use unofficial transcript to review your application despite asking for official transcript on their website. For instance, University of Geneva agreed to use my WES evaluation instead of university issued transcript when I explained to them that NASU was on strike a couple of months ago. The point here is the best thing is to directly contact the schools you have on your list.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
femi312:
Some schools require unofficial transcript and if you decide to enrol you will be required to send official transcript. However, people still apply to 2 or 3 schools that require official transcript, its left for you to have a mix of schools on your list depending on how big your dream is and how far you are willing to go. These schools require unofficial transcript, you can start from there 1) University of Maryland, college Park. 2) Virginia Tech 3) Ohio State 4) Oklahoma State University 5) Michigan Tech 6) University of North Carolina Charlotte 7) Northwestern University. The onus still falls on you to donan extensive research based on your criteria.
for someone with a copy of Wes......... Can we regard Wes as official transcript i.e for schools that wants official transcripts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnsonpal: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Can someone please recommend a CHEAP hotel close to JKK HOUSE , please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=babisho post=68378751][/quote] wow..... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
thirdpage:

If you check admission requirement for schools I think a school that requires evaluation will always state it.

However from my end:
Ohio State University
University of Rochester
University of Delaware
Clark University
Southern Methodist University

Please don't be limited to these schools... Do your research.
All these schools will accept the HND without evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
femi312:
This is not true and I will just leave it at that.

Lol. That's why i asked him where he got that from, cos i know its not true. I wil leave it at that as well smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
Demonicide:
All these schools will accept the HND without evaluation?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
Macaulay10:
for someone with a copy of Wes......... Can we regard Wes as official transcript i.e for schools that wants official transcripts

Ask the school you are applying to. Some schools won't accept, they prefer to evaluate in house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by benedum(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
good day gurus
please I applied for an undergraduate program to study
bus admin in American national uni virgina campus ..and
my interview is on the 22 of this month
please how do I convert my waec result to GPA. and I
heard that they hardly Approve people that choose only
one uni ..and I did not take. any test
and please do I need to bring my sec school results when
going for the interview
I have sooooo many qstions to ask

guys please help ..my interview is next week Friday and I still don't know wat to do
how good is the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good afternoon All,

I was denied F1 visa in November and December 2017 respectively. I deferred my admission to August 2018 with the same university and course. I am preparing for another F1 visa interview June 29th, 2018.

Please, I need your critical assessments of my transcript below for my upcoming interview

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: Here they are
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going to study Master in Organizational Leadership at Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Mention them
Me: Lewis University Romeoville and National Louis University Chicago
VO: How many admitted you?
Me: One, Lewis University while decision is still pending at the other two universities
VO: Why Lewis University?
Me: I researched and found out that Lewis University has maintained quality education for over 80 years and is rooted in Organizational Leadership with concentration of Organizational Leadership; their tuition is quite affordable; they have small classes for students to learn fast; the environment has a low crime rate; and they have high acceptance of international students.
VO: How did you get to know about the school?
ME: Upon my decision to be pursue master in leadership in a US University, I did an intensive internet search on educational websites such as USnews, Gradschools, I came across Lewis University. I narrowed my search to Organizational Leadership where I contacted International Admissions Director Tyler King, told him my intention and he guided me all through the application and acceptance processes.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Master in Managerial Psychology
VO: Which year?
Me: 2012
VO: What is your study plan?
ME: I am expected to earn 36 credit hours within 24months. I would take 24 core course and 12 elective courses. Some of the courses include: assessing leadership skills; psychology of motivation; leadership change; leadership and the future; ethics, integrity and social responsibility; conflict management; leadership theories, practice and context; workplace research; building team; planning strategically, finance as organizational text;
VO: What would this master do for you?
Me: It would retrain and equip me with the current and world class leadership practice which would address the leadership laxities in my leadership style; It would also prepare me for a leadership position in my professional association which I am preparing to contest for in few years.
VO: Where do you plan to stay in the US?
ME: Dorothy Day Hall, Lewis University main campus, One University Parkway, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: Did you take any standard test?
ME: No, Lewis University did not request for it
VO: Who is funding your study?
ME: I am personally funding my study
VO: What are you doing?
ME: I am into distribution of petroleum products in the downstream sector of Oil and Gas. I have a filling station and two trucks for distribution of products to my station and customers
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes, I am married
VO: How many children do you have?
ME: 3
VO: What is your wife doing?
ME: She is into broadcast marketing with Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria
VO: Can I see your bank statement?
ME: Yes, here (2 different personal bank statements)
VO: Looked thoroughly at the statements and said your visa is approved

I await your assessment of my transcript.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Macaulay10:
A copy of WES sent by you is not official. Official means it has to be sent directly from WES or School

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
farcorn:

1st interview

VO: How many Schools did you apply to
Me: 3
VO: Mention Them
Me: Devry University, University of Manitoba

2nd interview

VO: How many did you apply to
Me: 3
VO: mention them
Me: Devry University and University of Illinois

DeVry university is not a regular school. If you can apply to an online school like DeVry university, then you don't need a visa. All you need is to get yourself a computer with internet service. I don't see any need to include university of Manitoba, then later changed it to university of Illinois. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by philipinho: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
adedoja99:

grin grin grin The funny thing is he'd allow explanation and still deny the person.. Congratulations to us once again!

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
benedum:
good day gurus
please I applied for an undergraduate program to study
bus admin in American national uni virgina campus ..and
my interview is on the 22 of this month
please how do I convert my waec result to GPA. and I
heard that they hardly Approve people that choose only
one uni ..and I did not take. any test
and please do I need to bring my sec school results when
going for the interview
I have sooooo many qstions to ask

guys please help ..my interview is next week Friday and I still don't know wat to do
how good is the school.
I wanna quote you just to learn from your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Stella91:

vo : so you all are going to the us?

me ;: sharp sharp NO.( my hubby sharply chipped in that he just wants to ensure our stability , and will no even be as to stay up to two weeks due to his business engagements here in Nigeria.
Vo: do you have a banks statement?

Cool. This is what I advised someone here recently who ungratefully came back to say all advise given to him were all discouraging except one. You will hear back within 1.5 weeks. After your success, let's us know so that we felicitate with you like the others before you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
landuseact:
Good day guys, Not sure where else to put this as I tried checking if there was a dedicated thread for F2 visas but couldn't find one. I am currently in the process of trying to get my husband to join me with an F2 visa. We have tried to go over possible questions that he could be asked and while I'm fairly confident with our preparation for most questions I am not 100% on two possible questions.

1. Why he wants to join me in the US
2. What he hopes to do while he is here.

As you can imagine answering these in an unsatisfactory way could easily set the tone for the interview and I would like to avoid that. The truth is I don't have any intentions of leaving the US until the end of my OPT Stem extension and we recently got married and we would very much like to be together in the same physical location. I'm just wondering the best way to convey why we don't want to be apart as we begin our married life.

I know that he definitely can't work on F2 neither can he be enrolled as a full time student unless he applies for a change of status, but if we were to say he was to take online courses while here, is that reason good enough for Question 2?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone that has been in this situation(or knows someone) could share their thoughts and experiences regarding F2 visa interview (preferably for husbands applying). If there is also a thread already for this, I wouldn't mind being directed there.

Thanks.

You married guys need to know that your spouse is good living with you. The bold is your main reason, so far it's genuine. For example, I'm doing a program in Buffalo, NY while my wife is at home in NYC... 8.5 hrs away from me. Everyone here won't stop asking why is she in NYC and not here. It's reasonable, you need your spouse with you.... it will be fine. About what he can do, he can change his status to F1 with uscis soon after he gets here. He doesn't need to attend any interview. I know a lot of old members that did this... square635 is one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
theamerican:

At first, you said it was impossible and 100% a flat out lie, but you contradicted yourself by suggesting a possible scenario in the end (saying probably the hospital is family owned) which could be one of many other possible scenarios. Keep your mind open.

I'm not in support of whatever that poster said or against the criticism she's getting from you guys but I frown when people say things like "nobody should/would spend x amount of money to do y". Ahan, is it your money?

Wth are you to tell me what to say? Never ever quote me again.

Yes, if he has a family business it's possible but still 10 out of 10, people will take it as a lie unless proven otherwise, which he did.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good day Nlanders, i was scheduling an appointment for my visa interview and this message popped out, this is due to the agent that once applied for a visiting visa that got bounced now i called him to ask for the previous login detail he said i have to pay 10k consultaion fee reason due to the fact i lost the details he gave me last year when i tried it.

Please what can i do, i am feeling i should click submit since the message says *personal data* and my personal data is the same as what is on my passport.

Please help i wanna finish this thing today cry

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Rashmaz: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
I am preparing for my interview and i need someone to help me go through my answer and see if am go to go or i still need to drill more. Thanks[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Who the hell are you to tell me what to say? Never ever quote me again.

Lmao! I'll quote whoever I want (including you), whenever, and wherever... and P.S. I didn't tell you what to say. Have a nice day!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
theamerican:

Lmao! I'll quote whoever I want (including you), whenever, and wherever... and P.S. I didn't tell you what to say. Have a nice day!

You quote whoever you like to ask a dumb question? Please be on your side.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
Congratulations Boss Learner007 so happy for you.
grin
And so much congratulations to all that have got their visa approved; remember to always make Nigeria proud! And may the US favour you all.
To those denied, take corrections and make the necessary changes, and launch back at it again; You Shall Win!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Walspring:

Ha!... maybe something is wrong somewhere.

I hope you typed the correct email when filling the registration form?
i did received my appointment confirmation on my email. So I believe my email I filled was correctly spelled.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Olufemiopa:
Good afternoon All,

I was denied F1 visa in November and December 2017 respectively. I deferred my admission to August 2018 with the same university and course. I am preparing for another F1 visa interview June 29th, 2018.

Please, I need your critical assessments of my transcript below for my upcoming interview

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: Here they are
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going to study Master in Organizational Leadership at Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Mention them
Me: Lewis University Romeoville and National Louis University Chicago
VO: How many admitted you?
Me: One, Lewis University while decision is still pending at the other two universities
VO: Why Lewis University?
Me: I researched and found out that Lewis University has maintained quality education for over 80 years and is rooted in Organizational Leadership with concentration of Organizational Leadership; their tuition is quite affordable; they have small classes for students to learn fast; the environment has a low crime rate; and they have high acceptance of international students.
VO: How did you get to know about the school?
ME: Upon my decision to be pursue master in leadership in a US University, I did an intensive internet search on educational websites such as USnews, Gradschools, I came across Lewis University. I narrowed my search to Organizational Leadership where I contacted International Admissions Director Tyler King, told him my intention and he guided me all through the application and acceptance processes.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Master in Managerial Psychology
VO: Which year?
Me: 2012
VO: What is your study plan?
ME: I am expected to earn 36 credit hours within 24months. I would take 24 core course and 12 elective courses. Some of the courses include: assessing leadership skills; psychology of motivation; leadership change; leadership and the future; ethics, integrity and social responsibility; conflict management; leadership theories, practice and context; workplace research; building team; planning strategically, finance as organizational text;
VO: What would this master do for you?
Me: It would retrain and equip me with the current and world class leadership practice which would address the leadership laxities in my leadership style; It would also prepare me for a leadership position in my professional association which I am preparing to contest for in few years.
VO: Where do you plan to stay in the US?
ME: Dorothy Day Hall, Lewis University main campus, One University Parkway, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: Did you take any standard test?
ME: No, Lewis University did not request for it
VO: Who is funding your study?
ME: I am personally funding my study
VO: What are you doing?
ME: I am into distribution of petroleum products in the downstream sector of Oil and Gas. I have a filling station and two trucks for distribution of products to my station and customers
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes, I am married
VO: How many children do you have?
ME: 3
VO: What is your wife doing?
ME: She is into broadcast marketing with Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria
VO: Can I see your bank statement?
ME: Yes, here (2 different personal bank statements)
VO: Looked thoroughly at the statements and said your visa is approved

I await your assessment of my transcript.

Thanks and God bless.

YOUR PROPOSE TRANSCRIPT REQUIRES YOUR PREVIOUS TRANSCRIPTS- POST BOTH NOV & DECS' SO ONE CAN SPOT FLAWS.
MIND YOU; YOUR QUESTIONS WILL NOT CHANGE OOO JUST CIRCUMSTANCES.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

You quote whoever you like to ask a dumb question? Please be on your side.

grin grin grin You'll be fine. You'll get over it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
drdamy:
Please can you give a list of university that accepts applications for MS computer science without GRE

The VO may like to know the exams you have written during your interview.....

Won't you rather write a GRE?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
drdamy:
Please can you give a list of university that accepts applications for MS computer science without GRE

The VO may like to know the exams you have written during your interview.....

Won't you rather write the GRE?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
philipinho:
Just like Adedoja99 and Stella91, I was also at the embassy with my wife on the 8th of June. I think I met Stella91 on the queue asking her if she was related to someone I know (Eneh Jones Odeh). She was even complaining about her son that he doesn't like to sit down

And going to New York wasn't a problem.

I hope this helps. Thanks

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.