Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918404 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ubah1:

Where did you get this info from?
No where! But you should do what the school requested for and stay up to date with documentations. No be everything one go know about US govt. Infact follow Kathryn Berck On Quota and get idea of what i am saying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
mayd16:
Good day Nlanders, i was scheduling an appointment for my visa interview and this message popped out, this is due to the agent that once applied for a visiting visa that got bounced now i called him to ask for the previous login detail he said i have to pay 10k consultaion fee reason due to the fact i lost the details he gave me last year when i tried it.

Please what can i do, i am feeling i should click submit since the message says *personal data* and my personal data is the same as what is on my passport.

Please help i wanna finish this thing today cry

Please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Senatorbee(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pls has anyone used the service of ETX-NG in sending official transcript to the United State
and how fast and effective is their transcript processing.
Am actually contemplating on using their service, I graduated from Ekiti State University or if there is anyone who graduated from EKSU should pls hint me the best and fastest way to obtain my transcript and forward to the state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
@ Libber

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Thank you very much ma, I actually applied to those schools, even though for different course.

Cleveland State University: Information Systems
Georgia State University: Computer Information Systems
Appalachian State University: Mechanical Engineering
Washington ande Lee University which I applied along with the Johnson's Scholarship, but my SAT delayed, I requested for an extension but wasn't granted.

Duke: Mechanical Engineering too.

Do you think I should just say 2?
I applied to two Community Colleges too, but 1 offered me admission.

I don't want to mention the community college because I don't want to be misunderstood.

Madam, I really I appreciate the time you spared to correct my Transcript.

Good to see that others have done justice to your questions. Listen to what they told you. That's the best you can get. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
mayd16:
Good morning , Please guys i got an admission into Jamestown Community College for associate degree in network systems and administration . I already have a degree in biochemistry but now i am into the IT industry as i manage the IT department of a hospital in lag, as proof of sponsorship i am tendering my company's statement of account, please what are the possible questions and area of preparation i can focus on as i am about to pay my visa fee on monday. I already got denied last year feb 2017 for a visiting visa, Please help

Why community college (associate degree) after your biochemistry (bachelor's degree). Why company sponsoring you? Many have failed using company but you many have a strong case if you can prove it. Why not apply for IT related courses in biology. With your profile including your previous denial, you're going to face a serious scrutiny at the interview. Best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

You quote whoever you like to ask a dumb question? Please be on your side.
Hey, theamerican and imperiouxx. You guys are great minds and you guys have been here over the years. Yes, it's one thing to fall out which is quite understandable, you guys need to stop this and let's move on, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
dilodavid:
Hey, theamerican and imperiouxx. You guys are great minds and you guys have been here over the years. Yes, it's one thing to fall out which is quite understandable, you guys need to stop this and let's move on, thank you.

Once I checked him/her, I've moved on. That's why I ignored his/her last post. If you know me very well here, you will know that I don't query people contributing positively to this thread. And I won't entertain any dumb questions either.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mroluyemo: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pls anyone finalizing Rutgers University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by KtEmma: 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Please, do banks still sell dollars for travel purposes? If not how can I get some dollars? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Once I checked him/her, I've moved on. If you know me very well here, you will know that I don't query people contributing positively to this thread. And I won't entertain any dumb questions either.
I know you are a great man and she is a great woman too. Let the love continue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arilewo(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
tolatof:

What date are you planning to book to JFK-Egypt air? i booked mine already
August 1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arilewo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

As long as you have your connecting flight booked and take a printout incase asked then you should be fine ....i don't think you need to book a hotel if you have a connecting flight as you can even be staying in the airport all night. No law against it
Thanks mama I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Why community college (associate degree) after your biochemistry (bachelor's degree). Why company sponsoring you? Many have failed using company but you many have a strong case if you can prove it. Why not apply for IT related courses in biology. With your profile including your previous denial, you're going to face a serious scrutiny at the interview. Best!

Let me answer you just the way i will tell the VO
Why community college(associate degree)———Ever since i joined the IT industry i have developed passion so much for it came to the conclusion of starting afresh by knowing and starting the basics equipping myself with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills

Why company is sponsoring me———- I work as an IT consultant in my place of work where i attend to various technical issues. All i have been doing were learnt on the job, so my place of work found out about my enthusiasm after speaking with the company which showed interest and promised to give me the full support i need.

How does this sound?? But thats the truth though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thanks.

The first transcript:

VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: Oh sorry! I didn’t know you are applying for F1, can I have your form i-20 and passport?
ME: I passed them to her
VO: Have you applied on B1/B2 before?
ME: Yes
VO: You are going to study Master in Organizational Leadership in Lewis University?
VO: What is your highest qualification?
ME: Master in Managerial Psychology
VO: Which year?
ME: 2012
VO: What is Organizational Leadership going to do for you?
ME: It would equip me with world class best practice in Organizational Leadership….. I stopped
VO: Can you be more specific?
ME: I repeated same thing…. I was blank here
VO: You are married and have 3 children?
VO: What is your wife doing?
ME: She is into broadcast marketing with Radio Nigeria
VO: You are self-employed, (I replied yes) for how long (I replied 14 years)
VO: What are you into?
ME: Distribution of petroleum products in the downstream sector of Oil and Gas
VO: Do you have any relatives in the US?
ME: No
VO: Do you have friends?
ME: Yes, I have friends
VO: Where do you have them?
ME: I mentioned Maryland, New York but, I didn’t mention Lynwood where I have a another friend
VO: She started typing and few seconds after, she said sorry, you aren’t eligible for F1 this time….

The second transcript

Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your form I-20 and passport
ME: I did
VO: You were interviewed like 2 weeks ago
VO: What changed about your circumstances?
ME: I felt I didn’t include where I was going to stay in the US and that I still have more time to before my programme start date
VO: How did you know about the school?
ME: I did a personal intensive search for master in organizational leadership on USnews, Gradschool, where I came across Lewis University, narrowed down my research and contacted Tyler King International Admissions Director who put me through the admission process and I was accepted into the programme
VO: What is the programme going to do for you?
ME: It would retrain and equip me with world class leadership practice on management of employees. I would also expose me some core leadership courses such as (I mentioned the courses)…
VO: He was looking at me, nodding his head and started typing….. The next thing he said was am sorry my colleague said you aren’t qualify..
ME: Thank you… I took my time to arrange my documents before him and I said have a great day…
VO: And you too….
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elkiddo: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hey guys I need your help. A friend of mine got denied this morning because he didn’t show strong ties to Nigeria. He applied to Troy university Alabama, computer science, fall semester 2018.

Please how can he improve to better his chances for his next interview. Here’s his transcript

1.)i was asked how many universities I apply to

And I replied saying just Troy

2.) she asked me why I applied to just Troy

And I told her that I considered the fact that I wanted to enter school by this
summer and by the time I had done all the required exams most of the colleges admission portal has been closed so Troy was recommended to me by my dad and I did a little bit of home work on the school and found out that it was a great fit for me

3)she asked me if I took the required exams

And then asked for my sat result

4) then she asked me why I chose computer science to be my major

And I told her that ever since I was little I’ve always had passion for computers and innovative technology,and over the years as I grew older so did my passion for technology
Also,computer science is a vast area of opportunity. I can either become a tech preneur father my computer science education,specialization,certifications and gaining some work experience through internships

Or I can work for some of the top tech companies in Nigeria like ibm,google,Microsoft

Lastly I feel Nigeria is going to be a technology power houses someday through hard work determination and talent and I personally want to be one of the major contributors to Nigeria’s technological advancements

5.)she asked me what courses I’ll be doing in the university and how that will help me reach my goal
And I said I’ll be doing the General courses line math English and my main courses like physics computer science and programming then I said it would be a huge advantage to me if I study them in the USA given that the USA is the leading tech country in the world

6.) she asked me if I had any relatives in the USA or in Canada

And I said no

Then she told me the reason why she won’t issue the visa to which is because I didn’t show enough ties to my country.

Thanks for your help in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
mayd16:

Let me answer you just the way i will tell the VO
Why community college(associate degree)———Ever since i joined the IT industry i have developed passion so much for it came to the conclusion of starting afresh by knowing and starting the basics equipping myself with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills

Why company is sponsoring me———- I work as an IT consultant in my place of work where i attend to various technical issues. All i have been doing were learnt on the job, so my place of work found out about my enthusiasm after speaking with the company which showed interest and promised to give me the full support i need.

How does this sound?? But thats the truth though

Interview is subjective so what is ok in one ear might not be ok in another ............. The thing with CC is that these reasons you gave are still applicable if you do an entry to a University or for example if you do Masters in Information Systems. I know someone who read architecture from Nigeria and wanted to move to IT , MIS did the door opener ........So it doesnt really answer why CC

This answer has no right or wrong answer , it just been observed that it just harder to sell BSC to community college (as this is not normal progression path) , however be confident and give it your best .

regarding Work sponsoring , if it the truth then it the truth . Might not be common in Nigeria , giving economic hardship then one company want to sponsor what (companies that are owning salary left and right) but hey if it your truth then own it and go with that answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=ariesben5 post=68380546][/quote]

Thanks.

The first transcript:

VO: Oh sorry! I didn’t know you are applying for F1, can I have your form i-20 and passport?
VO: Have you applied on B1/B2 before?
VO: You are going to study Master in Organizational Leadership in Lewis University?
ME: It would equip me with world class best practice in Organizational Leadership….. I stopped
VO: Do you have friends?
ME: Yes, I have friends
ME: I mentioned Maryland, New York but, I didn’t mention Lynwood where I have a another friend
VO: She started typing and few seconds after, she said sorry, you aren’t eligible for F1 this time….

The second transcript

ME: I felt I didn’t include where I was going to stay in the US and that I still have more time to before my programme start date
ME: I did a personal intensive search for master in organizational leadership on USnews, Gradschool, where I came across Lewis University, narrowed down my research and contacted Tyler King International Admissions Director who put me through the admission process and I was accepted into the programme
ME: It would retrain and equip me with world class leadership practice on management of employees. I would also expose me some core leadership courses such as (I mentioned the courses)…
VO: He was looking at me, nodding his head and started typing….. The next thing he said was am sorry my colleague said you aren’t qualify..
ME: Thank you… I took my time to arrange my documents before him and I said have a great day…
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pls exactly how long does the *Administrative Processing* take for confirmation of account statement? If the VO said they'll confirm the account statement, how long should one expect to wait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
hankMacoy:
Pls exactly how long does the *Administrative Processing* take for confirmation of account statement? If the VO said they'll confirm the account statement, how long should one expect to wait?

Hard to say. .... it depends on when the checks are completed. I seen one here that was done in one week and there was someone here that it took months last fall . You just have to be patient and check the status everyday or as often as you can

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Senatorbee:
Pls has anyone used the service of ETX-NG in sending official transcript to the United State
and how fast and effective is their transcript processing.
Am actually contemplating on using their service, I graduated from Ekiti State University or if there is anyone who graduated from EKSU should pls hint me the best and fastest way to obtain my transcript and forward to the state.

You pay 10k to process the transcript and 14k for them to transfer ur transcript to the exact place u want it to go.. They use DHL to dispatch my transcript to the USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Walspring:

I replied you and it bounced back.
you ain't replying my messages?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
Aronman:

You pay 10k to process the transcript and 14k for them to transfer ur transcript to the exact place u want it to go.. They use DHL to dispatch my transcript to the USA
Is it better than WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
Olufemiopa:
Thanks.

The first transcript:

VO: Have you applied on B1/B2 before? The issue here led to the below issue on bold headed
No problem here
[i]VO: Do you have friends?
ME: Yes, I have friends NA HERE YOUR PROBLEM DEY.
NA HERE YOUR PROBLEM DEY. PM me make we yarn

The second transcript

The second transcript is chorus with zero outcome from the first,you see why denial transcripts must be posted first before propose!!
Oga your circumstances need to change, The VO told you boldly that my Colleague said you ain't qualify.Probably he was nodding his head to what his/her colleague left on the Note for the next VO. Chat me up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=ariesben5 post=68385272][/quote]

Kindly check your email. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LearnAndObey: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Good to see that others have done justice to your questions. Listen to what they told you. That's the best you can get. Best of luck!
Thanks Sir, I did, and adjusted my transcript already sir.

Please help me crosscheck the latest one I posted sir.
I removed the Duke Already Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by zyzzx: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good evening great nairalanders.

Please help out a brother. My passport expires July 2019. I want to apply for an F1 visa. Can I do so with one year validity left on my passport?
I read somewhere that an international passport needs to be valid 6 months beyond the intended duration of stay in the US.
Please answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is the list of schools in both the US and Canada that accept WES evaluation for graduate and undergraduate admissions. https://applications.wes.org/access/awclients.asp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Predstan:
This is the list of schools in both the US and Canada that accept WES evaluation for graduate and undergraduate admissions. https://applications.wes.org/access/awclients.asp
A very long list....... More like names of all Universities in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Ubah1 post=68332906]

What and what did they collect from you?[/quotke]

they collected my international passport, and the statement of account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Stella91 post=68387686][/quote]

Your visa will be approved. They just want to verify if the statement of account is genuine. You don't have a problem then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Hard to say. .... it depends on when the checks are completed. I seen one here that was done in one week and there was someone here that it took months last fall . You just have to be patient and check the status everyday or as often as you can

@Lagosismyhome what are they checking please, are contacting the bank to check if the money stated on the statement is still intact or what , cos mine is my husband's business account and he some times withdraw from it as well as pay into it for business .the balance might not be that exact as was when the statement was taken. is that a problem ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.