Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913646 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 12:45am On Jun 29, 2018
Walspring:

Mr Wale,
Please check your Mail. Its very Urgent.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 1:33am On Jun 29, 2018
DoggieStyle:

Wow... Thanks a lot sir. You've been really helpful. I'll do as advised. I might quote you as I progress with my application. Cheers smiley
This your moniker no be here o grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 4:03am On Jun 29, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Sis, any promo for GMAT that you knoe of?
once upon a time I do gmat reg for 50k but a Nigerian being very smart sought for a refund from the test company because he couldn’t take the test and wanted the original equivalent after we applied “normal level”. Thus our privilege was cancelled!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 8:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Please my interview is in a weeks time please correction and advice.

Danielaz5:
Corrections on my INTENDED transcript will be appreciated please.

Me: Good morning
Vo: Morning passport and i-20 pls

Vo: Why are you going to the us?
Me: I am going to the us for my bachelors degree in Biology at Alcorn State University

Vo: why biology?
Me: Biology has been a subject I've been fond of and inquisitive on due to the fact it forms it's foundation on the study of life and how to maintain life and effects of evolution. It gives me leverage about my choice of career and degree acquired will allow me to diversify to fields like biotechnology even bio-engineering.

Vo: Why US when you could just get your degree here in Nigeria?
Me: : The US has the finest and the most advanced education system in the world, where cutting-edge theory and technologies emerge. Learning in such a system will afford me the opportunity to set up myself for a bright career in the future, especially when I return to my country to make impact.

Vo: Why Alcorn State University?
Me: I have chosen ASC (plan to say in full) because the structure of the institution perfectly fit my interest, in fact they offer the complete prerequisites for my course of interest with a small and diverse population that propels exposure and global experience. Finally, they offered me merit scholarship award based on my SAT score which is very motivating.

Vo: how did you hear about the school?
Me: I used the college board college search engine ,usnews.com also approached some counselors at Education USA for schools I could be accepted based on my GPA.

V.O : Are you an education USA member ?
Me : No

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 8 schools

Vo: WHAT SCHOOL?
Me: Howard University
Lincoln University
Wheeling Jesuit College
Alcorn State University
Alabama State University
Bethany College
Notre Dame College
University of Southern Mississippi

VO: What does the school have in common
Me: They offer each student a diverse student pool with international and domestic students combining together to study,promote ideas and cooperate in theoretical and practical field. Offered good scholarships based on merit.

Vo: how Many admissions?
Me: 8 admissions

Vo: DID YOU WRITE ANY TEST?
Me: yes TOEFL score (93) and SAT (1370)

Vo: When did you finish from high school
Me: 2016

Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I obtained my Cambridge A level certificate 2017 where I took Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as my subjects and I also enrolled at management education and training limited for my standardized test immediately after

Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: The school offered me a Presidential Scholarship with a semester stipend leaving my Mother with $3000 to pay which she's capable of paying

Vo: what does she do?
Me: She's an exporter, owns several real estate across nigeria and owns a hostel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Danielaz5:
Corrections on my INTENDED transcript will be appreciated please.

Me: Good morning
Vo: Morning passport and i-20 pls

Vo: Why are you going to the us?
Me: I am going to the us for my bachelors degree in Biology at Alcorn State University

Vo: why biology?
Me: Biology has been a subject I've been fond of and inquisitive on due to the fact it forms it's foundation on the study of life and how to maintain life and effects of evolution. It gives me leverage about my choice of career and degree acquired will allow me to diversify to fields like biotechnology even bio-engineering.

Vo: Why US when you could just get your degree here in Nigeria?
Me: : The US has the finest and the most advanced education system in the world, where cutting-edge theory and technologies emerge. Learning in such a system will afford me the opportunity to set up myself for a bright career in the future, especially when I return to my country to make impact.

Vo: Why Alcorn State University?
Me: I have chosen ASC (plan to say in full) because the structure of the institution perfectly fit my interest, in fact they offer the complete prerequisites for my course of interest ( what is your course of interest?, where do you plan to study the course of interest? will your course of interest be at graduate level?, just be prepared for any of the questions and be ready for answers) with a small and diverse population that propels exposure and global experience. Finally, they offered me merit scholarship award based on my SAT score which is very motivating.You may add this, "Alcorn state university is among the top 37 public schools in the US according to usnews report, its also the 7th best HBCU according to 2018 collegeconcensus ranking.

Vo: how did you hear about the school?
Me: I used the college board college search engine ,usnews.com also approached some counselors at Education USA for schools I could be accepted based on my GPA (be ready to answer the question "whats your gpa?, if its a great one, be ready to answer another question " but there are other schools that admits people with this profile, why alcorn?".

V.O : Are you an education USA member ?
Me : No

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 8 schools

Vo: WHAT SCHOOL?
Me: Howard University
Lincoln University
Wheeling Jesuit College
Alcorn State University
Alabama State University
Bethany College
Notre Dame College
University of Southern Mississippi

VO: What does the school have in common
Me: They offer each student a diverse student pool with international and domestic students combining together to study,promote ideas and cooperate in theoretical and practical field. Offered good scholarships based on merit.

Vo: how Many admissions?
Me: 8 admissions

Vo: DID YOU WRITE ANY TEST?
Me: yes TOEFL score (93) and SAT (1370)

Vo: When did you finish from high school
Me: 2016

Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I obtained my Cambridge A level certificate 2017 where I took Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as my subjects and I also enrolled at management education and training limited for my standardized test immediately after

Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: The school offered me a Presidential Scholarship with a semester stipend leaving my Mother with $3000 to pay which she's capable of paying

Vo: what does she do?
Me: She's an exporter, owns several real estate across nigeria and owns a hostel

Also, you didn't prepare for these aspect

1. " what will this course do for you/ what will you be doing with this score?"

2. Tell me about your school?

wish you all the best, Alcorn is a great school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 29, 2018
Seems everyone has money to fund their education, no one talks about scholarships or grants? Especially for average students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2018
I have been on this platform for a while and i have learned so much from peoples experiences in their visa interviews.
I had mine today and my visa was approved.

Below is my Transcript

*We said good morning to each other*
VO: Pass me your passport and I20 please
Me: "OK". *I pass both to him*
VO: What course are you going to study in the US?
ME: I will be studying Information Systems and Management
VO: Why do you want to study this course?
ME: I have an avid interest in tech and a strong tech background. I also have a degree in Physics and I currently work as a telecoms Engineer. I am working on building a career as a systems analyst and this course will be relevant to my career path. ( I actually prepared something more comprehensive to say but everything was just jumbled up in my head).
VO: How long is your program?
Me: The program is for 21 months. I should graduate by May 2020
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
ME: My Aunt. I also have some personal savings which I intend to invest in my education (my I20 shows both my aunt and myself as sponsors)
VO: What does your aunt do? (I dint hear him quite well at first so i asked him to please repeat).
ME: She is the COO of ***** and she owns a couple of Gas fill plants in Lagos
VO: *Nods head*

*I even received a housing scholarship but i forgot to mention that* What tension can cause.

VO: Are you married?
ME: No im not married
VO: Do you have any children?
Me: No I dont
VO: Types some things into his computer and says "I will be approving your visa, you will be contacted with 2 to 3 business days to pick up your passport (He circles the location on the white paper)

I came out feeling like I was walking on air.
I expected many more questions or even request for statement but he didn't ask for any thing else.
I wish everyone the best

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2018
F1 and F2 Visas approved this morning. We were the third to be interviewed by a guy with headphone; he granted the first and denied the second guy, the first was a lady and her young son for B1/B2 and the guy was for F1.
Once he was done with the guy, he signaled us and Wifee and I stepped forward.

Us: Good morning

VO: Good morning

VO: Your documents

Me: I passed both passports and I 20s

VO: Which school are you going to?

Me: I am going to the UConn School of Business in Hartford, CT

VO: So what will you be doing after the program

Me: So I presently work in the investment management industry, I will be returning to Nigeria to work briefly in the investment management industry and later set up my own investment management firm.

VO: Why did you choose this school?

Me: I just smiled, first the program fits my interest, I work in the investment management industry and I am going for an MBA with a concentration in investment management. So I applied to four schools and got admitted into two, so my other reasons will be relative. The other school I got admitted to is in Boston, so it is more expensive to live in Boston than Hartford, I got a Graduate Assistantship that comes with complete tuition waiver, monthly stipend and a subsidized health insurance which is better than the $65,000 scholarship I got for the entire duration of the program in Boston and lastly, both programs have a student management fund, the Program in Boston has an Asset under Management of about $500,000 while the program in Hartford has an AUM of about $2,000,000. The advantage of working with a larger fund is that it allows you to invest in more stocks and sectors therefore increasing your experience.

VO: He faced my wife and asked “will you be staying with your husband for the entire duration of the program or you will be travelling in between?” (This was the only question she was asked).

Wife: I will be staying with him all through sir.

VO: Now facing me, how did you know about this Program?

Me: So the schools I applied to all match my interest, I used the FT 100 MBA ranking and the US News ranking I combined them with insights I got from several orientation from the Education USA and The MBA Tour held on October 7, 2017 in Lagos.

VO: I can see that you got a loan

Me: Yes, from MPower Finance.

VO: Do you have kids?

Me: No

VO: When will you be travelling?

Me: I will be travelling by the end of this month, so the orientation is scheduled for August 13, 2018. (Wifee told me on our way home that it is next month and not this month, so it was a mistake on my part)

VO: I have approved your Visas

Me: Thank you sir

Thanks to everyone on this thread, what is going on here is priceless.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:
I have been on this platform for a while and i have learned so much from peoples experiences in their visa interviews.

Below is my Transcript

ME: I have an avid interest in tech and a strong tech background. I also have a degree in Physics and I currently work as a telecoms Engineer. I am working on building a career as a systems analyst and this course will be relevant to my career path. ( I actually prepared something more comprehensive to say but everything was just jumbled up in my head).
ME: My Aunt. I also have some personal savings which I intend to invest in my education (my I20 shows both my aunt and myself as sponsors)
VO: What does your aunt do? (I dint hear him quite well at first so i asked him to please repeat).

*I even received a housing scholarship but i forgot to mention that* What tension can cause.

VO: Types some things into his computer and says "I will be approving your visa, you will be contacted with 2 to 3 business days to pick up your passport (He circles the location on the white paper)

I expected many more questions or even request for statement but he didn't ask for any thing else.
I wish everyone the best

congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Congratulations

Northeastern:
F1 and F2 Visas approved this morning. We were the third to be interviewed by a guy with headphone; he granted the first and denied the second guy, the first was a lady and her young son for B1/B2 and the guy was for F1.

Me: So I presently work in the investment management industry, I will be returning to Nigeria to work briefly in the investment management industry and later set up my own investment management firm.

Me: I just smiled, first the program fits my interest, I work in the investment management industry and I am going for an MBA with a concentration in investment management. So I applied to four schools and got admitted into two, so my other reasons will be relative. The other school I got admitted to is in Boston, so it is more expensive to live in Boston than Hartford, I got a Graduate Assistantship that comes with complete tuition waiver, monthly stipend and a subsidized health insurance which is better than the $65,000 scholarship I got for the entire duration of the program in Boston and lastly, both programs have a student management fund, the Program in Boston has an Asset under Management of about $500,000 while the program in Hartford has an AUM of about $2,000,000. The advantage of working with a larger fund is that it allows you to invest in more stocks and sectors therefore increasing your experience.

VO: He faced my wife and asked “will you be staying with your husband for the entire duration of the program or you will be travelling in between?” (This was the only question she was asked).

Me: So the schools I applied to all match my interest, I used the FT 100 MBA ranking and the US News ranking I combined them with insights I got from several orientation from the Education USA and The MBA Tour held on October 7, 2017 in Lagos.

Me: I will be travelling by the end of this month, so the orientation is scheduled for August 13, 2018. (Wifee told me on our way home that it is next month and not this month, so it was a mistake on my part)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Congrats

jolowizzy11:
congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sotall(m): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2018
May this good news continue to flow in Jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sultanfortune(m): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

Below is my Transcript

I wish everyone the best

Congrats.... I tap into ur blessing and testimony

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2018
hello house...my school resumes on the 13th of August, the next available interview date is August 9, and I intend applying for visa on Monday... is it advisable I apply for emergency visa (expedite) for a date in July? thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2018
dan5loriel:
Congratulations

congrsats u are well prepared for the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Keep checking you should get a July date. check mostly at nights

Coloniel5000:
hello house...my school resumes on the 13th of August, the next available interview date is August 9, and I intend applying for visa on Monday... is it advisable I apply for emergency visa (expedite) for a date in July? thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2018
dan5loriel:
Congratulations

congrat oo...My testimony loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2018
Northeastern:

congrat ooo..my testimony loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Wow. I was right behind you. I was the next person he interviewed immediately after you and your wife.
Congrats! Im happy for you guys.

You were very articulate with answering the questions.

Northeastern:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Northeastern:

Congratulations sir.
May God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

Below is my Transcript

I wish everyone the best

Congratulations bro.
May God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:
Wow. I was right behind you. I was the next person he interviewed immediately after you and your wife.
Congrats! Im happy for you guys.

You were very articulate with answering the questions.

Congratulations. I must have sighted you in the hall but didn't take note of the person after me.

That guy does not have problem.

Our aunty, the black lady, on window 2 was doing what she knows how to do best. She was the first that came and rejected the first lady, the second lady told her she has interviewed her before and requested to be interviewed by another officer, the VO took her passport to confirm what the lady said and asked the security guy to direct her to another window after the confirmation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 11:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Azzin the guy no get wahala at all. I noticed the black lady too. She asked them so many questions. I salute the bravery of the second girl that asked to be interviewed by another person.
I noticed the security guy wasn't sending so many people to her either. Maybe its cos she was taking so much time.

Even the second white lady also rejected 2 people that I saw

We thank God for everything. See you in America!

Northeastern:

Congratulations. I must have sighted you in the hall but didn't take note of the person after me.

That guy does not have problem.

Our aunty, the black lady, on window 2 was doing what she knows how to do best. She was the first that came and rejected the first lady, the second lady told her she has interviewed her before and requested to be interviewed by another officer, the VO took her passport to confirm what the lady said and asked the security guy to direct her to another window after the confirmation.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DoggieStyle: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

Below is my Transcript

I wish everyone the best

Congratulations Dear...

Wish you all the best in US.

Abeg, you fit pack me with your load..? grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DoggieStyle: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
OluDare01:

This your moniker no be here o grin

Lol... grin cheesy grin

No mind me sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
DoggieStyle:

Congratulations Dear...

Wish you all the best in US.

Abeg, you fit pack me with your load..? grin

grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

Azzin the guy no get wahala at all. I noticed the black lady too. She asked them so many questions. I salute the bravery of the second girl that asked to be interviewed by another person.
I noticed the security guy wasn't sending so many people to her either. Maybe its cos she was taking so much time.

Congratulations bro. God bless your new journey.

What type of cloth will you advice we wear to the interview ??
Is it a must we put on suit ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

Congrats to u guys.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
livvyBee:

That second lady was our choice if we had our way because we met her during the VO session at the Education US orientation last Wednesday, but when I saw that her questions were much, I just thank God that I wasn't directed to her.

The second guy she was interviewing was mixing things up, like he didn't take any test and was not straight forward with his responses.

The guy I feel for most is the guy that was interviewed and rejected before me, his responses (the ones I had) were on point, maybe there is a lacuna in his profile.

God bless your trip.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungIncredible: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hi.
Please I need help with SEVIS payment.

Can anyone help me please?, I will pay in naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.