Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916372 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
Osiokoye:
Lol you didn’t read his message properly. He said it is wrong for the VO to punish you for not knowing details about your sister. Congratulations though.

Don’t mind me .. thank for pointing that out jawe, my mistake. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ObenJoshua(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello house,
congrats to the people having their visas approved. Cheers! And may God help us all.

Please I need mock-up Interview, I have been preparing for my interview for a while now, and I want to start practicing mockups before the appointment date.

This forum is so helpful. And I'm hopeful I'll get the help I need(as usual) and come back here to share my testimony of an approved visa too.

Amen.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by rkay(f): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
First interview was on the 20th.of june

I was Interviewed by the pretty light skinned black American lady at window 8, the cubicle. I was the second person on her queue. The first person was denied. To be very honest, he wasn't well prepared for the interview. I was of course confident and smiling.
I can't remember all detail but I'll try as much as possible to be as accurate as I can be.

Me: Good morning MA (with a smile)
Vo: (no reply) pass me your i20 and passport please.
(I passed it. )Thank you.

Vo: so why masters degree
Me: My long term goals is to work at a research and development department of companies like shell .....
Vo: (cuts me off) OK... That's ok, let's move on, we don't have all day.

Vo: Did you take any test
Me: yes, I did. Gre and toefl
Vo: let me see the gre. Just the score page
(I handed it over. She checked and typed something and returned it )

Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 6

Vo: why this particular school.
Me: Iowa State University is a research I university therefore it allows me the opportunity to participate in pioneering research. Also, I am particularly interested in the works of Dr Alexander Stoytchev whose Strategic Research Area in Data Decisions Network and Autonomy not only encompasses the application of major in Controls and Systems, it also takes into consideration my minor and the online courses I have been taking.

Vo: What's your educational background?
Me: I had my BSc in Electrical engineering from the university of Ibadan 2015

Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I had my Nysc from 2016 to....
Vo: (cuts me short...) So anything apart from NYSC
Me: yes.... I've been taking some online courses to better prepare me for graduate school
Vo: name them
Me: Artificial intelligence, control of mobile robots, computer vision, machine learning, python

Vo: What are your core courses and how are they related to your field of interest .
Me: Controls and systems have to do with the control, analysis, design, synthesis and optimization of systems. I'll be taking core courses like linear systems, non linear systems, optimal controls, Introduction to robust control, systems analysis design which are all courses tailored to teach me how to build systems, how to control a system, how to make it more efficient and how to make it work on itself.

Vo: who is your sponsor
Me: my father and my maternal uncle
Vo let me have the stamements
(I handed them over. )
But these statements are old.
(She typed on her systems for a while. )
Have you ever traveled before
Me: no
Vo: brings out a white paper and gave Me instructions to submit current statements.
At that point, I was happy I looked back and someone said Congrats and I replied. Only for the woman to say: why are you happy? I have not given you the visa don't get happy yet.

What are your sponsors names
I state my father's name
Then while stating my uncles name, I glanced at his statement to check his official middle name.
Vo:so you don't know your Uncle's name. Blah blah.
Me: no ma. I was actually checking his middle name (smiling)
Anyway I got my white administrative processing paper and I got home only to wake up at 12 noon to a refusal mail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gospelozy(f): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:
Im sorry but my post will be long. I decided to post this after seeing that my AP status changed to issued. First I’ll like to thank God for everything, Sorelee I thank you so so much, words can’t express how grateful I am to you. Ubah1 thank you for encouraging me. Kekenation thank you too. You guys are amazing. I have been to the embassy 7 times , 4 times last year and 3 times this year. I don’t think my last year’s transcripts would be necessary. So here’s my first interview transcript for this year.
Me- Good morning
VO- pass me your I 20 and passport
VO- where are you going to?
Me- North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina for my masters in( VO cuts in)
VO- what are you going for?
Me- My Masters Degree in History
VO- how did you get this assistantship?
Me- The department’s Chair was impressed with my GRE, my transcript, statement of purpose and essay.
VO- so why did you change course and school ?
Me- sorry? I didn’t get that.
VO- the last time you were here you were wanted to go to Arcadia so why change to NCCU?
Me- Arcadia gave me partial scholarship while NCCU gave me the full ride and in NCCU, I get to minor in courses related to Peace and Conflict Resolution.
VO- so who would pay for other expenses
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
Me - he works with the Kwara state government, at the Lower Niger River Basin.
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
She looks at the I 20 for a while then drops it
She asked for bank statement which I gave to her
She stared at it for a while , typed somethings ... In my mind I was just praying , then she asked
VO- why is your Uncle paying
Me- my parents sent his to school so this is more like a more thank you and he has the money
VO- how many siblings do you have ?
Me- 5
VO- which Uncle would be paying for them?
Me- I am the last child
VO - what’s the name of your Uncle
Me- I said his name
Then she picked up the I 20 again .... looked at it again and asked
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
VO- do you have children?
Me - No I don’t
Then she finally said I’m sorry you are not found eligible at this time.
This was lagos embassy. I was advised to try Abuja embassy and I did. Interview was for June 30th.
VO- Good morning , Pass your I-20
Me- Answered her while passing it.
VO- I see you have been denied in Lagos , why come to Abuja ?
Me- after being denied I informed the school and I was asked to please try again but I checked Lagos embassy and I couldn’t get an early date but I got here in Abuja.
VO- while nodding her head, what are you going to do in United States of America
Me- I’m going for my masters in History in North Carolina Central University
VO- how many schools did you apply to?
Me- 4. University of Wyoming, Texas A&M, North Carolina A&T and NCCU.
VO- I see you have full tuition waver
Me - Ohh yes while opening all my 36
Then she picked up the white paper, in my mind I was saying Ohhh yes, come to Mama... I’m right here baby , then she looked at me my heartbeat increased rapidly.
VO- where is you sister
Me - Confused n lost .... sorry?
VO- I said where is your sister?
Me- she’s in USA on OTP
VO- why isn’t she back? When did she travel? When is her date of birth? When did she travel?
Me- ahhhh I don’t know the answers to all these questions.. we are not so close
VO- wait I’m trying to help you out here
Me - shaking, already disorganized
Then she finally said it ... I’m sorry I won’t be issuing your visa.
Me - why? What’s wrong?
So I got home, with the mind of this is the end , called my sister and explained everything to her . She explained the part I mixed and begged me to go one more time, reluctantly I said ok. Luckily for me, we got July 19th on that same day. Truthfully I wasn’t so hyped about the last interview, I was dressed casually. I got interviewed by this middle aged woman on Ankara. A very nice woman I must add infact the nicest VO I ever came across. So here is the third transcript
Me- Goodmorning
VO- Good morning, you passport and I-20 please
I gave it to her
VO - ohhh NCCU
Me - yeah North Carolina Central University
VO- so who’s sponsoring you?
Me- I have full tuition waver and family support
VO- family support?
Me- yea my uncle.
VO- what does he do?
Me- he works with Kwara state Government at the Lower Niger River Basin
VO- Kwara state?
Me- yea Kwara state.
VO- where is that on the map? While looking at her map
Me- can you see Oyo state? It’s right beside Oyo state.
VO- ohhh wow , I can see it now .
VO- I see you have been denied twice , what has changed about your application?
Me- the last time I came here , i noticed the VO kept asking me questions about my sister that I didn’t know about and she ended up denying me. I went home, called my sister and she explained everything to me.
VO- so explain it to me too
Me- I did . Told her everything
VO- you see the main reason why you have been denied all these while is because of your family history, you sister finished school and she didn’t return.
Me- but she’s still in OTP and that’s my sister not me
VO- i know and that’s why it’s called family history . il do you a favour , il overlook it
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
Me - in my mind, mo daran kilotun sele bayii
VO- il place you on AP , if we find anything fraudulent about your documents, you will be banned from entering the USA for life.
Me - No wahala , they are all real.
VO- Are you sure? make sure you travel before classes starts or else you will be turned back at the port of entry.
Me - ok ma’am. Thank you . Please can I pick up a tissue
VO - sure please do, take as much as u need .
Me- picked up the tissue and left
I might have forgotten some questions asked sha but this is all I can remember. I have found this thread really helpful. The main thing is be well prepared, be organized and learn from people. Thank you so much once again
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation
Ekebs I really hope they issue yours too soon.
A very big congratulations to you Dear. What a touching transcript.
Go & excel in Trump's land!!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:

Lol, Punish my sister? I can never do that oo. She’s the angel God sent to me . My own God sent.i wouldn’t be here if not for her. I can never ever punish her oo, lai lai . Instead I’m grateful to her . And by the way, she didn’t do anything wrong so I don’t have any reason to punish her.
I meant the consular officers were just denying you because your sister was on OPT even though she is there legally and it is not fair because they thought you too will apply for OPT to after graduation and it is not fair to judge you based on your sister's decision.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
rkay:
First interview was on the 20th.of june

I was Interviewed by the pretty light skinned black American lady at window 8, the cubicle. I was the second person on her queue. The first person was denied. To be very honest, he wasn't well prepared for the interview. I was of course confident and smiling.
I can't remember all detail but I'll try as much as possible to be as accurate as I can be.

Me: Good morning MA (with a smile)
Vo: (no reply) pass me your i20 and passport please.
(I passed it. )Thank you.

Vo: so why masters degree
Their might be issue with some of your documents that l
Me: My long term goals is to work at a research and development department of companies like shell .....
Vo: (cuts me off) OK... That's ok, let's move on, we don't have all day.

Vo: Did you take any test
Me: yes, I did. Gre and toefl
Vo: let me see the gre. Just the score page
(I handed it over. She checked and typed something and returned it )

Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 6

Vo: why this particular school.
Me: Iowa State University is a research I university therefore it allows me the opportunity to participate in pioneering research. Also, I am particularly interested in the works of Dr Alexander Stoytchev whose Strategic Research Area in Data Decisions Network and Autonomy not only encompasses the application of major in Controls and Systems, it also takes into consideration my minor and the online courses I have been taking.

Vo: What's your educational background?
Me: I had my BSc in Electrical engineering from the university of Ibadan 2015

Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I had my Nysc from 2016 to....
Vo: (cuts me short...) So anything apart from NYSC
Me: yes.... I've been taking some online courses to better prepare me for graduate school
Vo: name them
Me: Artificial intelligence, control of mobile robots, computer vision, machine learning, python

Vo: What are your core courses and how are they related to your field of interest .
Me: Controls and systems have to do with the control, analysis, design, synthesis and optimization of systems. I'll be taking core courses like linear systems, non linear systems, optimal controls, Introduction to robust control, systems analysis design which are all courses tailored to teach me how to build systems, how to control a system, how to make it more efficient and how to make it work on itself.

Vo: who is your sponsor
Me: my father and my maternal uncle
Vo let me have the stamements
(I handed them over. )
But these statements are old.
(She typed on her systems for a while. )
Have you ever traveled before
Vo: brings out a white paper and gave Me instructions to submit current statements.
At that point, I was happy I looked back and someone said Congrats and I replied. Only for the woman to say: why are you happy? I have not given you the visa don't get happy yet.

What are your sponsors names
I state my father's name
Then while stating my uncles name, I glanced at his statement to check his official middle name.
Vo:so you don't know your Uncle's name. Blah blah.
Me: no ma. I was actually checking his middle name (smiling)
Anyway I got my white administrative processing paper and I got home only to wake up at 12 noon to a refusal mail
Their might be issue with some of the documents you submitted that leads to denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Olalekank:

Did her sister do anything wrong?
Just asking?
She didn't do anything wrong. She is in the US legally but the VOs denied her visa because her sister was on OPT which is not fair because they are different people with different interests.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gospelozy:

A very big congratulations to you Dear. What a touching transcript.
Go & excel in Trump's land!!!
Thank you �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:
Im sorry but my post will be long. I decided to post this after seeing that my AP status changed to issued. First I’ll like to thank God for everything, Sorelee I thank you so so much, words can’t express how grateful I am to you. Ubah1 thank you for encouraging me. Kekenation thank you too. You guys are amazing. I have been to the embassy 7 times , 4 times last year and 3 times this year.
Me- but she’s still in OTP and that’s my sister not me
VO- i know and that’s why it’s called family history . il do you a favour , il overlook it
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
Me - in my mind, mo daran kilotun sele bayii
VO- il place you on AP , if we find anything fraudulent about your documents, you will be banned from entering the USA for life.
Me - No wahala , they are all real.
VO- Are you sure? make sure you travel before classes starts or else you will be turned back at the port of entry.
Me - ok ma’am. Thank you . Please can I pick up a tissue
VO - sure please do, take as much as u need .
Me- picked up the tissue and left
I might have forgotten some questions asked sha but this is all I can remember. I have found this thread really helpful. The main thing is be well prepared, be organized and learn from people. Thank you so much once again
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation

This is no doubt the most inspiring transcript I've read. 7 times of trying. Wow! Congratulations dear. I pray all your dreams come true. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ogm070: 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello house,

Am new to this forum and am so impressed with testimonies being shared on this platform. Could someone please advise me on what to do about this baccalaureate degree program in computer information system am applying too in University of Akron. Do VO give visa for this program in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by rkay(f): 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
Second intervew was on 21st of july Saturday. After telling myself for days that they won't give me this visa because nothing has really changed, I was a reckless unprepared mess.

I was directed to the man in window 3. He approved the 2 people in front of me.

Vo: (with a smile) good morning
Me: (with a smile) good morning sir.
Vo: how are you today?
Me: I'm fine thank you.
Vo: pass me your documents
(I did)
So what are you going to study? (typing)
Me: I'm going to study a masters in electrical engineering from Iowa State University with a specialization in Controls and systems.

Vo: are you married?

Vo: have you ever travelled outside the country before
Me: (thinking aye mi temi bami) no

Vo: why this course? ( he started typing furiously)
Me: (my speech wasn't as confident as the first interview) I had my undergraduate degree in electrical and electronic engineering and I had my project on the development of ... Since then I have built up an interest in systems. Also after studies, I've been taking online courses that have better increased my knowledge on them. After my masters, I will like to work in a research and development department of productions companies like shell, Procter and gamble. Making ground breaking researches for the better optimization of their systems to increase productivity of the company.
Vo: still typing (he nodded)
He typed typed typed.
Vo: so who will be sponsoring you?
Me:my father and my maternal uncle
Vo: let me have their statements
Me: (handing them over) please note that I had a fixed deposit prior to this and now it has matured. Hence the discrepancies.
He nodded
He perused the statements
Started typing again. For minutes.

Vo: your visa is approved. .....handing me white paper.
Me: thank you very much
Vo: you're welcome. Have a nice day.
I won't lie guys. My speech wasnt as good as I posted. I was really affected by the mindset I brought to the interview. I don't know my saving grace maybe the but I thank the VO that believed in me

30 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by rkay(f): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
If you say so
Ijebuboy525:

Their might be issue with some of the documents you submitted that leads to denial

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by rkay(f): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
This forum has helped me a lot, so I would like to give back. If anybody thinks I can be of help, he/she should not hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winzy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello
Good evening
For people that are using their uncles as their sponsors, must he bear the same surname with you or your mother's maiden name or any other name is allowed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by presiade(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
presiade

Thank you very much. You did a lot for me bro. God will bless you 100%..

Congratulations!!! I wish you success in your studies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
I finally collect am today.

Dem approve am on saturday 21st July 2018.
Infact i go knack my white lace native with cap ontop am as a typical Yoruba man wey I be; the plan na to dey unique for the entire crowd.
Na so the lady wey do finger print for me just dey smile dey sere me. She wished me the best all the same
Na so the CGI guy almost carry me go d fair in complexion african american lady wey no get joy at all she just dey dash baba blue everywhere. I almost leave the queue but finally he direct me go inner room windows 8.
First girl was almost denied, see drama oh! D guy almost dey cry saying, "dem fit afford am" I was surprised the guy retrieved the blue paper after so much plea. Na so him circle white paper telling the little girl going for undergraduate to send a new bank statement of at least six months tothe consulate. Na so she carryherself comt, she spent over10mintes during the drama.

The next lady enter, na straight baba blue less than a 2 minutes.

Na so i enter smiling a little bit tensed.

VO: Good morning
Me : Good morning,
VO: Where are you going to
Me: I am going to to Uni of Kansas fo my doctorate degree in chem engin
VO: how will you pay
Me: my Uncle
VO: why would he want to sponsor
Me: I lived with him for 15years, he has been sponsoring my education, encouraging me togofor a Phd that opportunities that come with it are endless

VO: do you have his statement, what does he do
Me: him retire for NNPC as director, presently dey run farming with properties in in US and UK
VO: peruse d letter head, oh he is an engineer, did not bother looking at main statement.
ME: na engineer him be o
VO: i can see you arecredible studnt, i will be approving your vis, quickly picked white paper, me no hear anything again o
VO: sorry what is keck or something. He was asking about the skul I applied last year
Me: i explained, na so he say make i no worry, see joy! I no know when i raise my hand up, people just dey look me, say wetin dey do this yoruba man.
I got outside, na so i bone face because of the tax collector, the taught I was denied.
Na so village people follow me reach consulate o! I noticed say i was still holding passport and white paper.

I had to spend another 1:15minutes to gain access to the consulate and submit it back due to protocol.

The secret: i had to apply for a PhDsince first denial last year was on the basis of going for another ma sters and the consular told me to go apply for a PhD. Although, i went back with a new i-20 then with a comment saying i have been admitted for a PhD but that i willhave to complete the masters program, the second interview didnt go well as planned, later I pondered on my possible flaws and learnt from all my mistakes vowing not to go with a masters i-20 after the second denial.
Also, my DS160 are all consistent except the school

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good evening everyone, pls can someone help me with the number of the Lagos US embassy I can use to speak with one of their agents.
I tried this- +23414406218 but I could not get through to an agent.
Is there an alternative number? or maybe I did not follow the voice prompts well.
Pls it is urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
When u felt u were at your best ,your visa wasnt guven, such is life.GRACE# congrat dear...

rkay:
Second intervew was on 21st of july Saturday. After telling myself for days that they won't give me this visa because nothing has really changed, I was a reckless unprepared mess.

I was directed to the man in window 3. He approved the 2 people in front of me.

Vo: (with a smile) good morning
Me: (with a smile) good morning sir.
Vo: how are you today?
Me: I'm fine thank you.
Vo: pass me your documents
(I did)
So what are you going to study? (typing)
Me: I'm going to study a masters in electrical engineering from Iowa State University with a specialization in Controls and systems.

Vo: are you married?

Vo: have you ever travelled outside the country before
Me: (thinking aye mi temi bami) no

Vo: why this course? ( he started typing furiously)
Me: (my speech wasn't as confident as the first interview) I had my undergraduate degree in electrical and electronic engineering and I had my project on the development of ... Since then I have built up an interest in systems. Also after studies, I've been taking online courses that have better increased my knowledge on them. After my masters, I will like to work in a research and development department of productions companies like shell, Procter and gamble. Making ground breaking researches for the better optimization of their systems to increase productivity of the company.
Vo: still typing (he nodded)
He typed typed typed.
Vo: so who will be sponsoring you?
Me:my father and my maternal uncle
Vo: let me have their statements
Me: (handing them over) please note that I had a fixed deposit prior to this and now it has matured. Hence the discrepancies.
He nodded
He perused the statements
Started typing again. For minutes.

Vo: your visa is approved. .....handing me white paper.
Me: thank you very much
Vo: you're welcome. Have a nice day.
I won't lie guys. My speech wasnt as good as I posted. I was really affected by the mindset I brought to the interview. I don't know my saving grace maybe the but I thank the VO that believed in me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
winzy:
Hello
Good evening
For people that are using their uncles as their sponsors, must he bear the same surname with you or your mother's maiden name or any other name is allowed?

No, but be prepared to explain why he would want to sponsor you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by daking10: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good evening people.....
I've been a silent follower of this thread in the days leading to my interview.

I had my interview on the 21st July... Was slated for 10:45am but got there before 8am. The biometrics and checking in where painstaking. At the end ofth day I found myself facing the VO and the following interview ensued ...

ME: Good morning (smiling but the cool dude didn't seem to be in the mood for that)

VO:What are you going to study?

ME: I am going to University of Toledo to do my masters in chemical engineering, same course I have a Bachelor's degree in

VO: Why this course (actually for some weird or obvious reason I never saw this question coming, like my undergraduate degree is in chemical engineering what course was he expecting me to do a masters in) so I kinda motioned like I didn't get his question and he repeated it.

ME: I want to do a masters in chemical engineering so I could specialize in catalysis and sustainable energy especially in the area of biofuels, in my undergraduate research I worked on the synthesis of an ultra stable catalyst for use in breaking down petroleum product (wanted to say FCC (fluid catalytic cracking) but the word skipped my mind). With that knowledge I want to delve into the aspect of sustainable energy and work on catalysts that would be applicable.... (Actually I was so taken aback by the question that I couldn't make my response cohesive towards the end but I didn't let that show in my countenance)

VO:Where did you hear of this school

ME: Actually when I wanted to apply for graduate school I discussed with my undergraduate research supervisor who suggested some schools to me with Utoledo being one of them. After which I checked the department website and discovered alligned faculty interest in catalysis and energy, I reached out to a faculty whose research I'm interested in and she shared her journal with me and was open to me joining her lab. Then I used USnews.com to see the ranking and school profile while I also used grad cafe to see acceptance rates for profiles similar to mine and discovered I stand a good chance

VO: What will this course do for you

ME: I plan to take up a lecturing position in my alma matter, I have been discussing with my undergraduate research supervisor who was the HOD while I was in school and he has assured me the department will be willing to receive me especially as I not only graduated as the best student in the department but also as the best student in engineering and the whole school and received both Dean's and VC's award at my convocation

VO: I'll be approving your visa....then said the normal pickup thing and handed me the white paper

ME: thanks. Walking away like an achieved man trying to contain the smile....

I did learn a great deal from here....this is me giving back.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
[quote author=doublezero7 post=69705094]

This is no doubt the most inspiring transcript I've read. 7 times of trying. Wow! Congratulations dear. I pray all your dreams come true. Cheers.[/quote
Amen !!!!!!!! Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
VECOH1:
Good evening everyone, pls can someone help me with the number of the Lagos US embassy I can use to speak with one of their agents.
I tried this- +23414406218 but I could not get through to an agent.
Is there an alternative number? or maybe I did not follow the voice prompts well.
Pls it is urgent
Yes! Follow the voice prompt and be patient
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by daking10: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Same school,, same course... Can we connect bro

ChemEngr01:

V.O: What course are you going for?
Me: I’m going for my Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering.

V.O: Why this school?
Me: I chose The University of Toledo because there is ongoing research on my area of interest, which is renewable energy like I mentioned earlier.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
Congrats daking

daking10:
Good evening people.....
I've been a silent follower of this thread in the days leading to my interview.

I had my interview on the 21st July... Was slated for 10:45am but got there before 8am. The biometrics and checking in where painstaking. At the end ofth day I found myself facing the VO and the following interview ensued ...

ME: Good morning (smiling but the cool dude didn't seem to be in the mood for that)

VO:What are you going to study?

ME: I am going to University of Toledo to do my masters in chemical engineering, same course I have a Bachelor's degree in

VO: Why this course (actually for some weird or obvious reason I never saw this question coming, like my undergraduate degree is in chemical engineering what course was he expecting me to do a masters in) so I kinda motioned like I didn't get his question and he repeated it.

ME: I want to do a masters in chemical engineering so I could specialize in catalysis and sustainable energy especially in the area of biofuels, in my undergraduate research I worked on the synthesis of an ultra stable catalyst for use in breaking down petroleum product (wanted to say FCC (fluid catalytic cracking) but the word skipped my mind). With that knowledge I want to delve into the aspect of sustainable energy and work on catalysts that would be applicable.... (Actually I was so taken aback by the question that I couldn't make my response cohesive towards the end but I didn't let that show in my countenance)

VO:Where did you hear of this school

ME: Actually when I wanted to apply for graduate school I discussed with my undergraduate research supervisor who suggested some schools to me with Utoledo being one of them. After which I checked the department website and discovered alligned faculty interest in catalysis and energy, I reached out to a faculty whose research I'm interested in and she shared her journal with me and was open to me joining her lab. Then I used USnews.com to see the ranking and school profile while I also used grad cafe to see acceptance rates for profiles similar to mine and discovered I stand a good chance

VO: What will this course do for you

ME: I plan to take up a lecturing position in my alma matter, I have been discussing with my undergraduate research supervisor who was the HOD while I was in school and he has assured me the department will be willing to receive me especially as I not only graduated as the best student in the department but also as the best student in engineering and the whole school and received both Dean's and VC's award at my convocation

VO: I'll be approving your visa....then said the normal pickup thing and handed me the white paper

ME: thanks. Walking away like an achieved man trying to contain the smile....

I did learn a great deal from here....this is me giving back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello House, I have a personal bank statement from Canada my elder brother open when I was visting, however I couldn't get the original, I got a mailed copies from the bank in Canada.

Can I present this at the US embassy ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
rkay:

Congrats ...May God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:
Im sorry but my post will be long. I decided to post this after seeing that my AP status changed to issued. First I’ll like to thank God for everything, Sorelee I thank you so so much, words can’t express how grateful I am to you. Ubah1 thank you for encouraging me. Kekenation thank you too.

Love your determination of not giving up.... welldone

Congrats. God bless your new journey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.