Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914905 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
The bold was not a very great answer. You picked the school because of its affordability and not its quality, at least you should have presented a strong argument and then chip in the affordability talk. Find a way to relate your course with the school, how will the school help you grow in that specific course? Is there a specific professor who caught your attention and is doing really well in your area of interest? Did the school give you funding? How can their program help you achieve your goals? You have to personalize your answers, these VOs hear the same crap every single day and they might deny you for responding the same way 1million people have responded in the past without having a personal story that relates to you alone.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
aamstih:
number does not exist. drop your inquiry here, I would respond ASAP.

OK. I want to know how the letter of no objection looks like, because I would want my employer to write me one. 07038827616 is my nr & it exist. Want to chat u privately or u can drop me urs let me add u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Addy9: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
Ladies and gentlemen my visa has just been issued. Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

How many days do I have to wait? grin

Thanks nairaland, God bless you all for making life easy.
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
Suppy083337:
Good afternoon great people... Pls how long will someoneb get response if one request for emergency appointment.se
About 24hrs to 48hrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
Kindly advice please

jelmusboy:
Morning guys, kindly advice.

My I-20 stated that I will be using family as my funding source for PhD. Fortunately for me, I got a funding guarantee letter from my department awarding me $18k as stipend for one year. My total fee is $32k inclusive of tuition, living expenses and books.

Is it advisable to take my uncle's company account statement for interview to show that he will cover the remaining cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
ghs007:
About 24hrs to 48hrs.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kmoula1: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
Enasdan:
please anyone
Hello bro, can i have ur statement of purpose
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Chidon360:

OK. I want to know how the letter of no objection looks like, because I would want my employer to write me one. 07038827616 is my nr & it exist. Want to chat u privately or u can drop me urs let me add u.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Please should I go with the same statement of Account I went with last month June for my 2nd interview which comes up next month . hope its still valid or should I print another from the bank? Please I need reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
Chidon360:
Please should I go with the same statement of Account I went with last month June for my 2nd interview which comes up next month . hope its still valid or should I print another from the bank? Please I need reply
Your statement of account must be at least 6 months old. I think you are good to go. Just be confident and express yourself well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
Your statement of account must be at least 6 months old. I think you are good to go. Just be confident and express yourself well.

Thanks very much bro for ur prompt response & assistance. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello good people,
Please treat as urgent.
My buddy is scheduled for an F1 interview tomorrow...please advice.... what documents should be carried along? Also, he wants to staple his documents...should he go ahead considering the issue against being in possession of metallic objects?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shayhune: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Patrick2go:
Hello good people,
Please treat as urgent.
My buddy is scheduled for an F1 interview tomorrow...please advice.... what documents should be carried along? Also, he wants to staple his documents...should he go ahead considering the issue against being in possession of metallic objects?
Thanks.

Documents he needs:
Original statement of account, scholarship/graduate assistantship letter(if applicable), admission letter, undergrad certificate, GRE and toefl results(if applicable), two passport photographs, i20, SEVIS payment receipt, GTB payment slip, DS160, appointment confirmation slip, international passport.

He shouldn't staple any document. Tell him to also avoid those touts at the gate who will want to convince him otherwise. I wish him all the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
shayhune:

Documents he needs:
Original statement of account, scholarship/graduate assistantship letter(if applicable), admission letter, undergrad certificate, GRE and toefl results(if applicable), two passport photographs, i20, SEVIS payment receipt, GTB payment slip, DS160, appointment confirmation slip, international passport.

He shouldn't staple any document. Tell him to also avoid those touts at the gate who will want to convince him otherwise. I wish him all the best.

God bless you mightily.
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
Patrick2go:
Hello good people,
Please treat as urgent.
Thanks.
that shouldn't be an issue, he can staple them since they are documents, they will be checked at the entrance,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
jelmusboy:
Morning guys, kindly advice.

My I-20 stated that I will be using family as my funding source for PhD. Fortunately for me, I got a funding guarantee letter from my department awarding me $18k as stipend for one year. My total fee is $32k inclusive of tuition, living expenses and books.

Is it advisable to take my uncle's company account statement for interview to show that he will cover the remaining cost?

Don't go with a company's financial documents. Go with a personal financial document of your sponsor that sufficiently covers the balance. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Chidon360:

You can print a new one if the balance has increased. Your statement should cover a period of six months or more.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Im sorry but my post will be long. I decided to post this after seeing that my AP status changed to issued. First I’ll like to thank God for everything, Sorelee I thank you so so much, words can’t express how grateful I am to you. Ubah1 thank you for encouraging me. Kekenation thank you too. You guys are amazing. I have been to the embassy 7 times , 4 times last year and 3 times this year. I don’t think my last year’s transcripts would be necessary. So here’s my first interview transcript for this year.
Me- Good morning
VO- pass me your I 20 and passport
VO- where are you going to?
Me- North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina for my masters in( VO cuts in)
VO- what are you going for?
Me- My Masters Degree in History
VO- how did you get this assistantship?
Me- The department’s Chair was impressed with my GRE, my transcript, statement of purpose and essay.
VO- so why did you change course and school ?
Me- sorry? I didn’t get that.
VO- the last time you were here you were wanted to go to Arcadia so why change to NCCU?
Me- Arcadia gave me partial scholarship while NCCU gave me the full ride and in NCCU, I get to minor in courses related to Peace and Conflict Resolution.
VO- so who would pay for other expenses
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
Me - he works with the Kwara state government, at the Lower Niger River Basin.
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
She looks at the I 20 for a while then drops it
She asked for bank statement which I gave to her
She stared at it for a while , typed somethings ... In my mind I was just praying , then she asked
VO- why is your Uncle paying
Me- my parents sent his to school so this is more like a more thank you and he has the money
VO- how many siblings do you have ?
Me- 5
VO- which Uncle would be paying for them?
Me- I am the last child
VO - what’s the name of your Uncle
Me- I said his name
Then she picked up the I 20 again .... looked at it again and asked
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
VO- do you have children?
Me - No I don’t
Then she finally said I’m sorry you are not found eligible at this time.
This was lagos embassy. I was advised to try Abuja embassy and I did. Interview was for June 30th.
VO- Good morning , Pass your I-20
Me- Answered her while passing it.
VO- I see you have been denied in Lagos , why come to Abuja ?
Me- after being denied I informed the school and I was asked to please try again but I checked Lagos embassy and I couldn’t get an early date but I got here in Abuja.
VO- while nodding her head, what are you going to do in United States of America
Me- I’m going for my masters in History in North Carolina Central University
VO- how many schools did you apply to?
Me- 4. University of Wyoming, Texas A&M, North Carolina A&T and NCCU.
VO- I see you have full tuition waver
Me - Ohh yes while opening all my 36
Then she picked up the white paper, in my mind I was saying Ohhh yes, come to Mama... I’m right here baby , then she looked at me my heartbeat increased rapidly.
VO- where is you sister
Me - Confused n lost .... sorry?
VO- I said where is your sister?
Me- she’s in USA on OTP
VO- why isn’t she back? When did she travel? When is her date of birth? When did she travel?
Me- ahhhh I don’t know the answers to all these questions.. we are not so close
VO- wait I’m trying to help you out here
Me - shaking, already disorganized
Then she finally said it ... I’m sorry I won’t be issuing your visa.
Me - why? What’s wrong?
So I got home, with the mind of this is the end , called my sister and explained everything to her . She explained the part I mixed and begged me to go one more time, reluctantly I said ok. Luckily for me, we got July 19th on that same day. Truthfully I wasn’t so hyped about the last interview, I was dressed casually. I got interviewed by this middle aged woman on Ankara. A very nice woman I must add infact the nicest VO I ever came across. So here is the third transcript
Me- Goodmorning
VO- Good morning, you passport and I-20 please
I gave it to her
VO - ohhh NCCU
Me - yeah North Carolina Central University
VO- so who’s sponsoring you?
Me- I have full tuition waver and family support
VO- family support?
Me- yea my uncle.
VO- what does he do?
Me- he works with Kwara state Government at the Lower Niger River Basin
VO- Kwara state?
Me- yea Kwara state.
VO- where is that on the map? While looking at her map
Me- can you see Oyo state? It’s right beside Oyo state.
VO- ohhh wow , I can see it now .
VO- I see you have been denied twice , what has changed about your application?
Me- the last time I came here , i noticed the VO kept asking me questions about my sister that I didn’t know about and she ended up denying me. I went home, called my sister and she explained everything to me.
VO- so explain it to me too
Me- I did . Told her everything
VO- you see the main reason why you have been denied all these while is because of your family history, you sister finished school and she didn’t return.
Me- but she’s still in OTP and that’s my sister not me
VO- i know and that’s why it’s called family history . il do you a favour , il overlook it
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
Me - in my mind, mo daran kilotun sele bayii
VO- il place you on AP , if we find anything fraudulent about your documents, you will be banned from entering the USA for life.
Me - No wahala , they are all real.
VO- Are you sure? make sure you travel before classes starts or else you will be turned back at the port of entry.
Me - ok ma’am. Thank you . Please can I pick up a tissue
VO - sure please do, take as much as u need .
Me- picked up the tissue and left
I might have forgotten some questions asked sha but this is all I can remember. I have found this thread really helpful. The main thing is be well prepared, be organized and learn from people. Thank you so much once again
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation
Ekebs I really hope they issue yours too soon.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 4:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Aww... Thank God. Congrats dear.

lalahhh:
Im sorry but my post will be long. I decided to post this after seeing that my AP status changed to issued. First I’ll like to thank God for everything, Sorelee I thank you so so much, words can’t express how grateful I am to you. Ubah1 thank you for encouraging me. Kekenation thank you too. You guys are amazing. I have been to the embassy 7 times , 4 times last year and 3 times this year. I don’t think my last year’s transcripts would be necessary. So here’s my first interview transcript for this year.
Me- Good morning
Me- North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina for my masters in( VO cuts in)
Me- The department’s Chair was impressed with my GRE, my transcript, statement of purpose and essay.
VO- the last time you were here you were wanted to go to Arcadia so why change to NCCU?
Me- Arcadia gave me partial scholarship while NCCU gave me the full ride and in NCCU, I get to minor in courses related to Peace and Conflict Resolution.
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
She stared at it for a while , typed somethings ... In my mind I was just praying , then she asked
Me- my parents sent his to school so this is more like a more thank you and he has the money
Me- 5
Me- I am the last child
Me- I said his name
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
Me - No I don’t
This was lagos embassy. I was advised to try Abuja embassy and I did. Interview was for June 30th.
Me- after being denied I informed the school and I was asked to please try again but I checked Lagos embassy and I couldn’t get an early date but I got here in Abuja.
VO- while nodding her head, what are you going to do in United States of America
Then she picked up the white paper, in my mind I was saying Ohhh yes, come to Mama... I’m right here baby , then she looked at me my heartbeat increased rapidly.
VO- where is you sister
Me- she’s in USA on OTP
VO- why isn’t she back? When did she travel? When is her date of birth? When did she travel?
Me - why? What’s wrong?
So I got home, with the mind of this is the end , called my sister and explained everything to her . She explained the part I mixed and begged me to go one more time, reluctantly I said ok. Luckily for me, we got July 19th on that same day. Truthfully I wasn’t so hyped about the last interview, I was dressed casually. I got interviewed by this middle aged woman on Ankara. A very nice woman I must add infact the nicest VO I ever came across. So here is the third transcript
Me- Goodmorning
I gave it to her
VO - ohhh NCCU
VO- family support?
Me- yea my uncle.
VO- what does he do?
VO- Kwara state?
Me- yea Kwara state.
Me- the last time I came here , i noticed the VO kept asking me questions about my sister that I didn’t know about and she ended up denying me. I went home, called my sister and she explained everything to me.
VO- you see the main reason why you have been denied all these while is because of your family history, you sister finished school and she didn’t return.
VO- i know and that’s why it’s called family history . il do you a favour , il overlook it
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
VO- il place you on AP , if we find anything fraudulent about your documents, you will be banned from entering the USA for life.
VO- Are you sure? make sure you travel before classes starts or else you will be turned back at the port of entry.
I might have forgotten some questions asked sha but this is all I can remember. I have found this thread really helpful. The main thing is be well prepared, be organized and learn from people. Thank you so much once again
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh

Wow, Congrats, at long last. 7 times? Damn! I only went once oo. I really admire your courage. This will definitely ginger many people.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
presiade

Thank you very much. You did a lot for me bro. God will bless you 100%..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Trice2: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good day everyone. I want to know how to actually go about the account statement.

My interview is on 11th of august.
I actually have my brothers account statement from December to January which i used during admission.
Then my mums account statement from May -July.

I would love to be advised base on the above. Thanks.. And God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Loboto: 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good day fam.
Please does anyone has an idea what dates are available for appointments?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:
Me- Good morning
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
Me- 5
Me- I am the last child
Me- I said his name
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
Me - No I don’t
VO- where is you sister
Me- she’s in USA on OTP
Me - why? What’s wrong?
Me- Goodmorning
I gave it to her
VO - ohhh NCCU
VO- family support?
Me- yea my uncle.
VO- what does he do?
VO- Kwara state?
Me- yea Kwara state.
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation

CONGRATULATIONS. THIS IS GOD'S FAVOUR

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ekebs:
Aww... Thank God. Congrats dear.

Thank you. I’m waiting for yours too ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
lalahhh

Wow, Congrats, at long last. 7 times? Damn! I only went once oo. I really admire your courage. This will definitely ginger many people.
Thank you so much .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
I printed a statement of account in May 2018, can I use it for my interview on the 1st of August?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
[quote author=Ekebs post=69697639]Aww... Thank God. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
Tunmise100:

CONGRATULATIONS. THIS IS GOD'S FAVOUR
It truly is . Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
lalahhh:
Me- Good morning
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
Me- 5
Me- I am the last child
Me- I said his name
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
Me - No I don’t
VO- where is you sister
Me- she’s in USA on OTP
Me - why? What’s wrong?
Me- Goodmorning
I gave it to her
VO - ohhh NCCU
VO- family support?
Me- yea my uncle.
VO- what does he do?
VO- Kwara state?
Me- yea Kwara state.
Me- thank you so much
VO- wait
Sorelee
Ubah1
Kekenation

No be small thing ooo, Congrsts man...but how did the VO Know your sisters stays in the US. did u mentioned your sis in your DS-160?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
shayhune:

Documents he needs:

Please documents like undergrad cert, toefl,gre his he to present originals or photocopies? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
jelmusboy:
I printed a statement of account in May 2018, can I use it for my interview on the 1st of August?
Yes you can.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.