Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (923908 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 5:01am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello my ogas for NL, my day of appointment is fast approaching ooo. I need help with mock interview so I can knw where I need corrections. Pls can someone in the house should help a brother. I ll b highly grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2018
Danielaz5:

Me :Good Morning
POE Officer : Morning
Me : Hands him my Passport,I-20 and CBP form (USA customs and border protection form)
POE O : Typing and then stops to look at my I-20 and Passport then faces his computer
POE O: Been to the US before ?
Me : No
POE Officer : First Time ?
Me: Yes First time in the States
POE O: Smiling at me
POE O: Put your right finger on the biometrics machine and Stand for a picture
Me: I obliged
Me : Excuse me sir I was told I need to be searched by customs
POE O: Yes you get your luggages go up that way to be searched
Me : Okay thank you sir
POE Official: Hope you don't have any fresh food in your bag ? Or Luggage ?
Me: Not at all sir
POE O: *stamps my passport and signs on it*, *stamps the form too*
POE O: Proceed

Some of my friends were asked different questions because they weren't going to their school so they asked them Why ?. Please give a tangible reason.

Thanks....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DeFavoured60(f): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2018
I bought two-way ticket, intentionally though. Is that an issue in anyway please?

LagosismyHome:

Hope you remembered that student can buy one way ticket.... no need to buy return if you are on a 2 year and more program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chigo4u: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello guys, I’ll be turning 30 next year. Is it possible to get student visa for bsc as I had a problem in my school and couldn’t finish. What do you guys recommend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by callJesu: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2018
As a female applicant am I expected to tick this part for female genital mutilation.

Thank you

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2018
DeFavoured60:
I bought two-way ticket, intentionally though. Is that an issue in anyway please?

no issue at all , otherthan why buy two way which is more expensive and it most likely you wont use the return leg

If you plan to come to Nigeria within a year, great if you have no plans then you dash the airline money for nothing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 9:40am On Jul 27, 2018
callJesu:
As a female applicant am I expected to tick this part for female genital mutilation.

Thank you
Yes, you can tick that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2018
LagosismyHome:

no issue at all , otherthan why buy two way which is more expensive and it most likely you wont use the return leg

If you plan to come to Nigeria within a year, great if you have no plans then you dash the airline money for nothing
Thank you so much for everything you have been doing here. Please, I would like to know the things I can't take with me to the US and how many KG of luggage I am allowed to take. I don't want them to seize anything lol.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by callJesu: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2018
Nahum777:
Yes, you can tick that..

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DeFavoured60(f): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2018
Thank you smiley, I plan to use it.

LagosismyHome:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2018
Good morning wonderful e-family
Please when is the next available date for US Embassy Lagos?
I saw August 28 on my dash board but yet to put MRV ref code. If I should insert the code, does it mean August 28 is the first available date or will their be other nearly available dates? thanks for your response(s)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by promzyphyno(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2018
samhardy:
Hello my ogas for NL, my day of appointment is fast approaching ooo. I need help with mock interview so I can knw where I need corrections. Pls can someone in the house should help a brother. I ll b highly grateful

pm me,i am free today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dahyur119: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2018
samhardy:

When is your interview date ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by roniex2(f): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2018
Teaser0904:
My transcripts goes thus:First interview may3 I was interview by a fair lady like that.

Vo:Pass me your document
Me:I passed it

Vo:Tell me where you are going to
Me:California state#looking like mumu grin

Vo:To do what
Me:To study pre nursing #fuvk up number.Instead of me to say to study bsn but starting as pre nursing.

Vo:Why california state uni
Me:I......hmmm.i......m..mmmmm i was like in my mind last last village follow me come here

Vo:Can you repeat that
Me:I forgot what i wanted to say,just stammering

Vo:Why pre nursing
Me:To eradicate disease hahaahh imagine that.Seriously at that moment i knew i bleeped up big time.

Vo:*fed up.Just vex ask me you are not qualify for visa bla bla bla bla
Me:carried my document jeje begin swear for village people as i dey go out.

Second interview june1
Was interviewed by a white man like that,he should be around 45 to 50 years.

Me:Goodmorning sir
Vo:With smile goodmorning and asked for my document.I passed it

Vo:You are going to california state uni fresno
Me:I said yes

Vo:To do what?
Me:Was bold this time around:Going to california to study bsn but i am starting as prenursing.

Vo:why cali?
Me:I choose california state uni also know as fresno state cos of the excellent qualities of the tecnological skills and unique facilities which the school*vo cut in technological skills?i said yes.He said how will it help me.Na,so i no remember wetin i go talk oo.#i be like devil you are a liar but i know i bleeped up.

Vo:Why nursing?
Me:I'm going for nursing because i always want to involve my self in a career where i can save lives and take care of people.After my i.t i volunteer to work with.......beca....stammering he cut in

Vo:what is your highest qualification?
Me:told him

Vo:what year to what year
Me:2011 to 2015

Vo:What have you been doing?
Me:working with so so and told him my duties.

Vo:Who is your sponsor
Me:my dad

Vo:what does he do
Me:business man bla bla bla

Next thing i heard was you are not qualify,i jejely waka and told myself i will not give up.I must collect this visa.I was so pained but i did not cry cos i know i had a dream that i was given a visa and my dream do come to pass lol.So i tried the third time and visa was approved after Ap.It was so fast,i couldnt believe when i saw visa issued the second day.So i bless God.Sharing the approved transcript later,my thumb hurts.

The third successful interview july20.
Entered the hall with a very big smile on my face,i prayed silently and wish myself goodluck.

I was interviewed by a white fine young guy with nice beard.

Vo:Goodmorning,how was your night?
Me:Goodmorning,my night was great and urs?he said fine and asked for my documents.

Vo:Why california state uni?
Me:I chose California state uni also know as fresno state because is a public research uni and its nursing program is ranked as the 24th by nurse journal in its america best nursing school.And also after realizing the excellent qualities of the tecnological skills and unique facilities the school has with which will provide me with the right academic and pratical tranings for a career in nursing.The school tecnological skills is top notch because its provides robotic patients with diff kind of aliments to student in order to treat actual or potential health problems.

Vo:Looking at the system,typing and nodding his head and asked me why what is my study plan.
Me:I am going to cali to study bsn but i am starting as pre nursing because i have to take perequisites courses where i will be having my academics and practical trainings in nursing.The program will last for 48months with a minimum of 121 semester units.I mentioned the courses as well and he was staring at me,smiling and i also smile back.At this moment i knew he will approve my visa.

Vo:Do you take any test?
Me:No,the school did not require for any.

Vo:What are the courses you will be taking
Me:Human anatomy,general chemistry bla bla bla

Vo:You were here twice with smile
Me:Smile yes

Vo:Is there anything i need to know about why you were denied

Me :I said the vos did the right thing cos i was not prepared,nervous and not bold enough to ans the questions asked.He murmured the word'nervous and smile again

Vo:What will this course do for you
Me:After my studies i am coming back to my father's land nigeria to make use of the acquired based knowlege to provide direct or indirect care to individuals,families,friends and the health sector in my country.I will also saves lives.He was impressed and smile.

Vo:When do you graduate and what year?
Me :2014 and went for my it in 2015

Vo:what school and what is your major.
Me:told him

Vo:Who is your sponsor
Me:my dad

Vo:What does he do
Me:he is a business man bla bla bal

Vo:Can i see his bank statement
Me:I gave him,he did not bother to check.Gave me a white paper and tick Ap.I collected and didnt wait to hear any story cos i know he will approved my visa.Thr second day which saturday21,saw visa issued when i tracked it and on monday i got my stamped passport.Everything was so fast.I bess the name lord for his mercy and favour.My people dont give up,keep trying till you get there.God bless nairaland.

Congrats sister. I am coming to join you soon come spring 2019! I just PMed you and I would like to ask some questions about BSN application.
#Teamnursing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2018
Nahum777:
Thank you so much for everything you have been doing here. Please, I would like to know the things I can't take with me to the US and how many KG of luggage I am allowed to take. I don't want them to seize anything lol.

grin

The list of prohibited stuff is here but what comes to mind is stay away from Meat , hence why sometimes indomine is allowed and sometime it not because of the chicken in the spice .
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/know-before-you-go/prohibited-and-restricted-items

The standard is 2 bags of 23kg each and a hand luggage . anything outside that is extra charge but the best place to check is the airline

All liquid such as even perfume, toothpaste , deodorant should be in your checked bag and not your handluggage as liquid is not allowed in hand luggage . Keep your money in your handluggage or pocket or something that is with you at all times and keep your document with you to be with you at all time. make sure you remain calm so you dont forget anything such as document on the plane or in the airport .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
PHUMEELAYO:
Oh yeah, congrats.... I remember you on the white native grin, I think we were standing at the bus stop together about to crossover.

Yes, seems i could recall two persons crossing along side with me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 11:53am On Jul 27, 2018
BigUgo21:
Good morning wonderful e-family
Please when is the next available date for US Embassy Lagos?
I saw August 28 on my dash board but yet to put MRV ref code. If I should insert the code, does it mean August 28 is the first available date or will their be other nearly available dates? thanks for your response(s)
Yes, August 28th is what that that will appear at first.
but if u are a first timer, u can request for emergency appointment and u should get an earlier appointment date.
or u have not been denied visa in d last six months ,u can also request for emergency ,when u request for emergency appointment is now at the discretion of d embassy to bring out earlier date for u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:55am On Jul 27, 2018
LagosismyHome:

grin

The list of prohibited stuff is here but what comes to mind is stay away from Meat , hence why sometimes indomine is allowed and sometime it not because of the chicken in the spice .
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/know-before-you-go/prohibited-and-restricted-items

The standard is 2 bags of 23kg each and a hand luggage . anything outside that is extra charge but the best place to check is the airline

All liquid such as even perfume, toothpaste , deodorant should be in your checked bag and not your handluggage as liquid is not allowed in hand luggage . Keep your money in your hand luggage or pocket or something that is with you at all times and keep your document with you to be with you at all time. make sure you remain calm so you don't forget anything such as document on the plane or in the airport .
Are you saying there are four bags in all: 2 standard bags of 23kg, one hand luggage and one checked bag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
LagosismyHome:

grin

All liquid such as even perfume, toothpaste , deodorant should be in your checked bag and not your handluggage as liquid is not allowed in hand luggage . Keep your money in your handluggage or pocket or something that is with you at all times and keep your document with you to be with you at all time. make sure you remain calm so you dont forget anything such as document on the plane or in the airport .
This is a premium reply. You don too help us. God bless you big. So 2 23kg bags, one hand luggage and my bag pack right?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
LagosismyHome:

grin

Dont forget Personal Item!!! e.g laptop Bag, Makeup Bag and the likes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kingksb(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello everyone I wanna use this medium to congratulate those who their visas have been approved... Congratulation!!! And to those who were denied never give up commit everything in God's hand and and work hard you will surely excel... And to those who are yet to go for their interview always have faith in God and believe that you'll be approved without any question and even be awarded a green card... My interview is on Monday anyone going for their interview on Monday have it mind that your visa has been approved already...let's just go and submit our passport to them for the stamp if you believe this don't hesitate to type a big AMEN smiley...success to all of us cool

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fikky1: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
Please someone should kindly comment on this. Thanks

Fikky1:
Hello All,

I really appreciate the insight on this forum. I will be going for my second interview on 13th August in Lagos. During my first interview, I was just too jittery and I stuttered a lot. The VO asked me what if my sponsor (uncle) chooses not to sponsor me what will I do. I stuttered and said my mom has some savings but the VO asked if I was with my mom's statement (I wasn't). However, I have prepared a proposed transcript for my second appearance and I would appreciate your scrutiny. I am very much open to constructive criticisms.

Why MPA (Masters in Public Administration)

I was always interested in finance as a child. But when I interacted with career mentors during my teenage years in secondary school, I developed a higher interest in governance, hence my choice of undergraduate study. Political science. But then because I had always loved finance, I enrolled for my professional certification ACCA and decided that I would do a higher degree that would tie the two together for me. An MPA degree achieves this for me.

Why ETSU
I was particularly interested in schools that offered public administration with a high emphasis on finance. During my search for such schools and their required courses, the MPA degree at ETSU stood out because of the concentration in public financial management. There is also an option for internship or consultancy where I will work at a municipality and get practical experince on goverenance and policy making

What will this degree do for you?
With this MPA degree, I will be able to evaluate public policies and initiate solutions for the future of Nigeria because I will be equipped with real-life steps in budgeting and risk analysis of public expenditure among others. This, in turn, will help me better contribute to the public policy process of the country.

Why USA
I chose the US for this degree because I want to be armed with concrete solutions of Nigeria’s future and not just contest and win elections as a politician. It makes sense to me to get knowledge and experience from a system that actually works, the American system.

How many schools did you apply to?
Two. ETSU and Ohio University

Why did you choose ETSU over Ohio University?
ETSU has a separate concentration for public financial management. I chose this over the finance integrated courses at Ohio University. I also received a full tuition waiver from ETSU.

What have you been doing since you graduated
I did my NYSC at a pensions company and I worked as an intern with an investment team that managed over 200 billion naira in pension assets. I understood how with the right regulations in place, it is possible for the Nigerian government to create wealth for future retirees. The more reason for my choice of study. Currently, I work with the finance team as an internal control officer at an IT firm where I ensure adherence to laid down policies and processes. I also conduct audits and recommend changes to policies where necessary

Who is paying for your study?
I have a full tuition scholarship and my uncle will be paying for my living expenses

What does he do?
He owns a telecommunications company and partners with MTN, Glo and 9 mobile etc. He also has a chain of laundromats.

Why is he sponsoring you?
He has been responsible for my education since secondary school. I funded my ACCA certification myself as an undergraduate and when he saw how far I had come and how much further I was willing to go with the public sector, he told me I had all of his support. More importantly, he is looking to establishing a new division at his company that will automate tax collection and management on behalf of the government. I will be an ideal fit for staffing the new division with my MPA and ACCA certifications. Having a team with the right personnel will improve our chances of securing such partnerships with the government.

What if he decides to stop sponsoring you?
I sincerely doubt that this would ever happen because he has been responsible for my education for many years now. We have both come a long way in my academic pursuit and he is one of the few people that actually cheer me on to bag more degrees. He was highly impressed with my scholarship and I know my living expenses is not difficult for him to handle.

What will you do upon graduation?
I will return to take up a role at my uncle’s new public-private partnership division. When I gather more industry knowledge, I will finally ease myself into the public service in the long run.

What are the graduation requirements for your program?
I need 36 credit hours to graduate. I have to complete 18 credits in core MPA courses, 12 credits in my concentration, 3 credits from an internship or consultancy and 3 credits from a management report

What courses will you be taking?
Public budget and finance
Introduction to public administration
Quantitative policy analysis for public managers
Law and ethics in public service
Public sector financial management
Risk management
Non-profit development
Public organization theory
Public personnel management
One guided elective
An internship or consultancy with a municipality

Please let me know what questions I may have to prepare for as well. PS: I wrote GRE and Toefl
THANK YOU ALL

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by moriNla: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
How can students prove to the VO (using student visa) that they are qualified, credible, and have a concrete plan for returning back to Nigeria when their studies are over?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mjksho(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
moriNla:
How can students prove to the VO (using student visa) that they are qualified, credible, and have a concrete plan for returning back to Nigeria when their studies are over?

You will find your answer by taking some time to read this thread from the beginning (although not necessarily from page 1) since this question has been answered multiple times.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ZinoDaniels(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Kingksb:
Hello everyone I wanna use this medium to congratulate those who their visas have been approved... Congratulation!!! And to those who were denied never give up commit everything in God's hand and and work hard you will surely excel... And to those who are yet to go for their interview always have faith in God and believe that you'll be approved without any question and even be awarded a green card... My interview is on Monday anyone going for their interview on Monday have it mind that your visa has been approved already...let's just go and submit our passport to them for the stamp if you believe this don't hesitate to type a big AMEN smiley...success to all of us cool

Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
AMEN
Kingksb:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mirak2: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good morning NL
Am new here n happy to join this family
Someone just told me abt the platform
I want to go for an MBA program
Pls which test can I write n school to apply to for spring 2019
Someone pls coach me�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lhimeet(m): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
Danielaz5:
Okay but I'm neither. Will however try to sketch something informative up.

Cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
The same way you try to convince an interviewer during your job interview same way you try to convince the VO during your visa interview...

moriNla:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
NefT:

Are you saying there are four bags in all: 2 standard bags of 23kg, one hand luggage and one checked bag?

No o 3 not 4

2 checked standard bag ..each 23kg max
1 hand luggage some airlines do up to 10 to 12kg for hand . Some will agree for handbag and in addition to hand luggage

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sam4jesuseva(m): 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
If a balance of account is less than #5000 naira but the cash inflow is more than #60million within six month. Can I use that statement for my upcoming interview. I know money will enter the account but due to the urgency of interview. It is advisable to use it as Statement of account? Guru in the house please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
If a balance of account is less than #5000 naira but the cash inflow is more than #60million within six month. Can I use that statement for my upcoming interview. I know money will enter the account but due to the urgency of interview. It is advisable to use it as Statement of account? Guru in the house please help
Ofcourse No. The cashflow as well as the balance to cover your fees is important

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.