Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914935 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
rkay:
Second intervew was on 21st of july Saturday. After telling myself for days that they won't give me this visa because nothing has really changed, I was a reckless unprepared mess.

I was directed to the man in window 3. He approved the 2 people in front of me.

Vo: (with a smile) good morning
Me: (with a smile) good morning sir.
Vo: how are you today?
Me: I'm fine thank you.
Vo: pass me your documents
(I did)
So what are you going to study? (typing)
Me: I'm going to study a masters in electrical engineering from Iowa State University with a specialization in Controls and systems.

Vo: are you married?
Me: no

Vo: have you ever travelled outside the country before
Me: (thinking aye mi temi bami) no

Vo: why this course? ( he started typing furiously)
Me: (my speech wasn't as confident as the first interview) I had my undergraduate degree in electrical and electronic engineering and I had my project on the development of ... Since then I have built up an interest in systems. Also after studies, I've been taking online courses that have better increased my knowledge on them. After my masters, I will like to work in a research and development department of productions companies like shell, Procter and gamble. Making ground breaking researches for the better optimization of their systems to increase productivity of the company.
Vo: still typing (he nodded)
He typed typed typed.
Vo: so who will be sponsoring you?
Me:my father and my maternal uncle
Vo: let me have their statements
Me: (handing them over) please note that I had a fixed deposit prior to this and now it has matured. Hence the discrepancies.
He nodded
He perused the statements
Started typing again. For minutes.

Vo: your visa is approved. .....handing me white paper.
Me: thank you very much
Vo: you're welcome. Have a nice day.
I won't lie guys. My speech wasnt as good as I posted. I was really affected by the mindset I brought to the interview. I don't know my saving grace maybe the but I thank the VO that believed in me

Congrats.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
rkay:
This forum has helped me a lot, so I would like to give back. If anybody thinks I can be of help, he/she should not hesitate to ask.

My area of interest(Robotics) is in line with yours. Would like to maintain contact with you though am planning for Fall 2019..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
ghs007:
Yes you can, but it is advisable to take the SAT for scholarship and visa purposes.

Which school can I applied with just my WAEC and TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
Lol yes na....that was why i asked for a pm. I have actually gotten my admission for nursing..just wanted to know how you scaled through with ur responses as regards a first degree to a BSN.Thanks

Teaser0904:
Do you really want to go for nursing before i start writing long textbook?ans this question before i start giving more info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by roniex2(f): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Lol yes na....that was why i asked for a pm. I have actually gotten my admission for nursing..just wanted to know how you scaled through with ur responses as regards a first degree to another B.sc.Thanks

Congrats on your admission, which university and what was the admission requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Biko let the congratulations come aftwr the visa lol grin..anyways St.cloud state uni....Waec results, SAT (optional)
roniex2:

Congrats on your admission, which university and what was the admission requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stdannyel(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
morning everyone,
Please my wife will be traveling soon (St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia) . Kindly help me with list of necessary things to make her traveling and early days in the state less stressful.
Thanks.

Please I need urgent attention to this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
imperiouxx:

No, I don't think so. It was his soa that caused the delay and he was worried. He's now back in U.S with his family.
Did your friend send a mail to the embassy during the one month waiting period before his visa was released?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by roniex2(f): 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Biko let the congratulations come aftwr the visa lol grin..anyways St.cloud state uni....Waec results, SAT (optional)

Lol you've already gotten it. Just read through the transcripts and prepare well.
Did you write SAT?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
Lol amen oh...yeah I'll be taking the October SAT

roniex2:

Lol you've already gotten it. Just read through the transcripts and prepare well.
Did you write SAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Which school can I applied with just my WAEC and TOEFL.

A lot of them are mentioned on this thread that I can't remember but I know of Southern Methodist University, Texas; ETSU. You can search online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onlyme07(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Lol amen oh...yeah I'll be taking the October SAT

How much did you pay for the SAT exam,pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by roniex2(f): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
onlyme07:

How much did you pay for the SAT exam,pls?
Oh since you've gotten admission that means it was only WAEC you used bah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
My passport is ready for pick up. Not easy to be on administrative processing for 2 weeks.
patsodek:
Yes bro. My case as been updated today. I should get a decision this week. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
Thanks bro. My passport is ready for pick up. Not easy to be on administrative processing for 2 weeks.
imperiouxx:

This issue will be resolved. I told you of a renewal that takes long on AP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by frankcobrown: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2018
Please my visa was denied last week Saturday. i want to know if i can get anoda date before my school resume in august 27th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 12:29am On Jul 28, 2018
patsodek:
Thanks bro. My passport is ready for pick up. Not easy to be on administrative processing for 2 weeks.
Congratulations, administrative processing is truly a very tiresome process.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 1:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
This your moniker shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by zeezahbee(f): 3:39am On Jul 28, 2018
Hello Everyone, its Zeezahbee.
It's been a while.

I doubt if I could catch up if I read all the posts. You guys are actually doing awesome. Keep it up guys

Everything go make sense.
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by P1P2: 7:13am On Jul 28, 2018
Please i am new in this forum. I guess i found this awesome page a liitle bit late but all the same i thank God am here.
I was denied student visa on the 18th of this month(July) and i was almost discouraged until i found a post, that encouraged me not to give up and i can try as many times as i want.
I am so happy to be part of this forum, God bless you all who have one way or the other contributed in making this forum a sucess.

Please here is my transcript for on the 18th of July 2018.
Time: 6.45am
Venue: Lagos

VO: Good morning
Me: good morning sir
VO: where are you heading to:
Me: West Texas A&M university in Texas, canyon to be precised
VO: OK, so what are you going there for
Me: am going there for a master's degree in Business administration.
VO: Why do you want to study that course
Me: because i have been working with a multinational company for the past 5years now and i felt is time for me to enhance my career by going for master's degree in order for me to occupy a managerial position in my company and also become a CEO in the long run which is one of my career goals.
VO: are you married?
me: no sir
VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my god father and i also have my own personal fund
What does he do: he is an operation/logistics manager with a company.
the next thing i saw was the blue paper.
VO: sorry you are not qualified, go through the paper and you will see the reasons.
Me: i was shocked and almost tearing.

when i got outside i went through the blue paper and its says, applicant was not able to demonstrate his intended activities in the united state and for which would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmgrant visa for which he applied for.......

Secondly ,applicant does not have a strong tie to his home country blablabla........

P.S; i am married but barely a year and the marriage crashed, and its in the court for divorce. I don't have my marriage certificate, its with my wife and that's the reason i chose to pick single while i was filing the visa application online.

secondly, i own a property ( a house), but the issue is that i dont have c of o, i only have the deed of assignment of the property and some other documents like, receipt of payment(for buying the house) ownership transfer blablabla. but dont have c of o and survey plan in my name. though i am planning to do a survey for the house in my name so that i can present this at the embassy.

Another one is that, when i spoke to my lawyer he said he can get me another original marriage certificate from the court since the first one is with my wife and she refused to release it.

Please house help me out, what do you guys advise, should i get the marriage certificate and apply again as a married person or i should use my property as home time. and then kindly go through my transcript and advise where necessary. i will be very grateful if i am able to get loads of good advises and comments! God bless our hussles.

P.S, i am no longer working, left the company last week Monday. Please put this in consideration while advising. God bless you guys!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by P1P2: 7:20am On Jul 28, 2018
NefT:
I finally collect am today.

Dem approve am on saturday 21st July 2018.
Infact i go knack my white lace native with cap ontop am as a typical Yoruba man wey I be; the plan na to dey unique for the entire crowd.
Na so the lady wey do finger print for me just dey smile dey sere me. She wished me the best all the same
Na so the CGI guy almost carry me go d fair in complexion african american lady wey no get joy at all she just dey dash baba blue everywhere. I almost leave the queue but finally he direct me go inner room windows 8.
First girl was almost denied, see drama oh! D guy almost dey cry saying, "dem fit afford am" I was surprised the guy retrieved the blue paper after so much plea. Na so him circle white paper telling the little girl going for undergraduate to send a new bank statement of at least six months tothe consulate. Na so she carryherself comt, she spent over10mintes during the drama.

The next lady enter, na straight baba blue less than a 2 minutes.

Na so i enter smiling a little bit tensed.

Me : Good morning,
VO: Where are you going to
Me: I am going to to Uni of Kansas fo my doctorate degree in chem engin
VO: how will you pay
Me: my Uncle
VO: why would he want to sponsor
Me: I lived with him for 15years, he has been sponsoring my education, encouraging me togofor a Phd that opportunities that come with it are endless

VO: do you have his statement, what does he do
Me: him retire for NNPC as director, presently dey run farming with properties in in US and UK
VO: peruse d letter head, oh he is an engineer, did not bother looking at main statement.
ME: na engineer him be o
VO: i can see you arecredible studnt, i will be approving your vis, quickly picked white paper, me no hear anything again o
VO: sorry what is keck or something. He was asking about the skul I applied last year
Me: i explained, na so he say make i no worry, see joy! I no know when i raise my hand up, people just dey look me, say wetin dey do this yoruba man.
I got outside, na so i bone face because of the tax collector, the taught I was denied.
Na so village people follow me reach consulate o! I noticed say i was still holding passport and white paper.

I had to spend another 1:15minutes to gain access to the consulate and submit it back due to protocol.

The secret: i had to apply for a PhDsince first denial last year was on the basis of going for another ma sters and the consular told me to go apply for a PhD. Although, i went back with a new i-20 then with a comment saying i have been admitted for a PhD but that i willhave to complete the masters program, the second interview didnt go well as planned, later I pondered on my possible flaws and learnt from all my mistakes vowing not to go with a masters i-20 after the second denial.
Also, my DS160 are all consistent except the school
CONGRAT BRO! Your story actually motivated me not to give up!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2018
patsodek:
My passport is ready for pick up. Not easy to be on administrative processing for 2 weeks.
Congrats man.. I know say fear don hold you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by P1P2: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2018
Please i am new in this forum. I guess i found this awesome page a liitle bit late but all the same i thank God am here.
I was denied student visa on the 18th of this month(July) and i was almost discouraged until i found a post, that encouraged me not to give up and i can try as many times as i want.
I am so happy to be part of this forum, God bless you all who have one way or the other contributed in making this forum a sucess.

Me: because i have been working with a multinational company for the past 5years now and i felt is time for me to enhance my career by going for master's degree in order for me to occupy a managerial position in my company and also become a CEO in the long run which is one of my career goals.
VO: sorry you are not qualified, go through the paper and you will see the reasons.

when i got outside i went through the blue paper and its says, applicant was not able to demonstrate his intended activities in the united state and for which would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmgrant visa for which he applied for.......

Secondly ,applicant does not have a strong tie to his home country blablabla........

P.S; i am married but barely a year and the marriage crashed, and its in the court for divorce. I don't have my marriage certificate, its with my wife and that's the reason i chose to pick single while i was filing the visa application online.

secondly, i own a property ( a house), but the issue is that i dont have c of o, i only have the deed of assignment of the property and some other documents like, receipt of payment(for buying the house) ownership transfer blablabla. but dont have c of o and survey plan in my name. though i am planning to do a survey for the house in my name so that i can present this at the embassy.

Another one is that, when i spoke to my lawyer he said he can get me another original marriage certificate from the court since the first one is with my wife and she refused to release it.

Please house help me out, what do you guys advise, should i get the marriage certificate and apply again as a married person or i should use my property as home time. and then kindly go through my transcript and advise where necessary. i will be very grateful if i am able to get loads of good advises and comments! God bless our hussles.

P.S, i am no longer working, left the company last week Monday. Please put this in consideration while advising. God bless you guys!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2018
Lol. Not at all. Thanks bro.
Nahum777:
Congrats man.. I know say fear don hold you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by presiade(m): 9:48am On Jul 28, 2018
P1P2:

Going back to say you're married is tantamount to providing contradicting/inconsistent information, especially if you tender your marriage certificate and it indicates that you've been married before your first interview. That would amount to providing false information, which is risky.

I would suggest you go by the way of your landed property to prove your tie to Nigeria. Regardless of the title document you have, even if it's the purchase receipt only, that would do. And hope you're lucky.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2018
Please is there any need for BTA as an F1 student? And how much do I need to hold while traveling? Please it's urgent. I have a place to stay for a while before I rent my own place. It's a family Friend's house close to the school, the same state. I hope I won't have an problems?

LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ganstar89: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pls I need help I applied last year but was denied and now I reapplied before my sevis got expired but unfortunately I was told I had to use the password I used to register my Visa application to re-registered which I couldn't retrieve because of my stollen laptop pls what. Can I do to reregister
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nahum777:
Please is there any need for BTA as an F1 student? And how much do I need to hold while traveling? Please it's urgent. I have a place to stay for a while before I rent my own place. It's a family Friend's house close to the school, the same state. I hope I won't have an problems?

LagosismyHome

Staying with a friend should be ok as long as they are happy to have you .

How much to carry... only you know your pocket. Yes you can go into the bank and buy dollars by PTA. Although the rate is probably the same with black market these days .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Staying with a friend should be ok as long as they are happy to have you .

How much to carry... only you know your pocket. Yes you can go into the bank and buy dollars by PTA. Although the rate is probably the same with black market these days .
Thanks a lot.. Wakanow is saying $1000 BTA..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by emandman: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2018
The rate is 360 per dollar at zenith and u can get up to 4000$ for PTA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
You can get up to 4k USD from the bank. It's PTA not BTA.
Nahum777:
Thanks a lot.. Wakanow is saying $1000 BTA..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
patsodek:
You can get up to 4k USD from the bank. It's PTA not BTA.
BTA means you need to have some amount of money with you before you travel. It's not PTA. I am asking, if the minimum is $1000

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.