Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915772 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Spotlighte: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I'm new here. I've read so many of the messages and I like what I see.

I need your help though. I want to study Advertising and public relations in the USA, and I've done some research on schools over there that offer the course such as Alabama University, Michigan State University, Pennsylvania uni, University of Texas, Austin and a host of others. The problem is that I don't know how competitive these schools are. I also don't know how to go about the registrations and all of that.

I want to apply for next year, and would like to be put through with application for cost-effective schools that offer this course. Anybody? I have a lot to ask you.

If there's anybody studying Advertising in any US school, I'll be glad to talk to you.

I'm just so confused and worried. I was thinking getting an agent until I stumbled upon this thread.

Please help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Nahum777:
BTA means you need to have some amount of money with you before you travel. It's not PTA. I am asking, if the minimum is $1000
Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) and Business Travel Allowance (BTA).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
samhardy:
Pls help a brother in the house. My visa interview is next week. Anyone who can help me with a mock interview I ll be very grateful oooooo.
@lagosismyhome
@walspring
@francis & the rest.... cry cry

Sorry just busy at the moment so reach out to others or use the transcript link
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
Its actually similar....BTA is ur Business Travel Allowance while ur PTA is ur Personal Travel Allowance.

Nahum777:
BTA means you need to have some amount of money with you before you travel. It's not PTA. I am asking, if the minimum is $1000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nasjeje: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
I think is Basic Traveling Allowance BTA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
OluDare01:

Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) and Business Travel Allowance (BTA).
Ohhh Okay grin.... So does that PTA have a minimum amount?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2018
nasjeje:
I think is Basic Traveling Allowance BTA.

BTA stands for Business Travel Allowance. BTA is for business travel only and is set at a maximum of $5,000

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by naira0(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
Spotlighte:
Hello guys,

I'm new here. I've read so many of the messages and I like what I see.

I need your help though. I want to study Advertising and public relations in the USA, and I've done some research on schools over there that offer the course such as Alabama University, Michigan State University, Pennsylvania uni, University of Texas, Austin and a host of others. The problem is that I don't know how competitive these schools are. I also don't know how to go about the registrations and all of that.

I want to apply for next year, and would like to be put through with application for cost-effective schools that offer this course. Anybody? I have a lot to ask you.

If there's anybody studying Advertising in any US school, I'll be glad to talk to you.

I'm just so confused and worried. I was thinking getting an agent until I stumbled upon this thread.

Please help.

Thank God you found this page. Let me give you an informed advice: meticulously read thru this Thread from page 1. You can ask one or two questions in between.

Give yourself a target of 15 pages everyday. If diligently done, in about 2 weeks, most of your questions would have been answered. I understand that some times, it takes a great deal of skill to be able to query the search engine for answers. This thread has done it's due diligence to an avalanche of questions. You don't require any skill to access these horde of info here. All that is required is a rapt interest to read.

Peace Profound!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nelronaldo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good day house! Please i need your advice. I am trying to get into a school in US for my masters program. I researched top schools that offer the program i want to study and then settled for two. The two schools I have in mind have an acceptance rate of 59% and 63%. What are my chances of getting admitted with a GPA of 3.5? I wont be writing the GRE as it will be waived because I hold a terminal baccalaureate degree. Should I apply to more schools even when they are not so great in the program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Trice2: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good evening friends

My statement of account is from may-july 2018. Hope its okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2018
For those looking for a closer date....15th of August just popped up on Abuja...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Spotlighte: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thank you naira0.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Credah(f): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2018
FA13:

Congrats.
Hi House
Pls I passed my GRE and toefl exams for masters in the US on scholarship
During my visa interview, can I say I’ll be sponsored by my uncle who is a doctor in the US
Or is it compulsory my sponsor must be in Nigeria?
Pls guys it’s urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eldee365: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jaked:
Please guys in the house help me answer this question ooooo....abeg in the name of God..
The ❓ is
Why did I choose to study computer science on the undergraduate level or what will the course do for me...
Thank u
Waiting for ur reponses asap..
copy this...

"The best reasons to study computer science Quora"

paste on Google, click on the first link once it opens
you can get ideas.
Edith the reasons to your taste,
Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Credah(f): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
Credah:

Hi House
During my visa interview, can I say I’ll be sponsored by my uncle who is a doctor in the US
Pls guys it’s urgent
Pls guys I need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Queendammie: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good evening people, pls I need the email address of the embassy. I want to make a complaint about my visa fee receipt. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ChemEngr01: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
daking10:

Same school,, same course... Can we connect bro

Absolutely. Check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys greetings from me to you, the long awaited time is here. My interview is on the thursday next week, I need a place to stay very close to the embassy. Please can anyone help me with cheap hotel around to lodge?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello house!
My sevis fee receipt expired 24th July but i used it at the consulate before it expired and no issues were raised or whatsoever. I hope there won't be any problem at the POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Incomparable(f): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
jelmusboy:
Morning people, kindly criticize my proposed transcript

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning ma or sir

VO: Can I have your I-20 and passport

Me: Sure, why not?

VO: Why are you going to US?

Me: I am going to the US because PhD in the US distinguishes itself in terms of research and mentorship. The PhD is structured into coursework and thesis, this will make me grounded in both theoretical and practical areas of my chosen line of research. Academic mentorship is also direct in the US, thereby having direct and ongoing mentorship with my thesis advisor until the completion of my studies. Also, studying in the US will expose to me to latest research in the field, prioritized by the US CDC and funded by National Institute of Health.

VO: Where are you going in the US?

Me: I am going to United States for a PhD in Bioenvironmental Science with concentration in Environmental Health Science at Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland. This will enhance my competencies in understanding the impact of environmental variables on biological systems, especially on chronic and endemic infectious diseases in Nigeria. Upon completion, I will return to Nigeria to take up academic and research positions with utmost aim of identifying the effect of these health challenges in Nigeria health sector. Also, I hope to work on the best diagnostic, management and treatment approach of these infectious diseases from the environmental point of view.

VO: How many schools did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
Me: I applied to MSU, ETSU, University of Salford, University of Otago and WIU and four gave me admission.

VO: How did you hear about the school?

Me: I did an intensive online search, focusing on the schools that combined Biomedical Science and Environmental Health Science together owing to my academic and research background. I am a Biomedical Scientist by undergraduate degree and did my MSc in Environmental and Public Health. Also, my academic mentor at the University of Salford recommended the school to me because of the brilliant research work going on in the university in the field of biological and environmental health science.

VO: And why Morgan State University?

Me: The Ph.D. program in Bioenvironmental Science at Morgan integrates strong academic training, fundamental and applied research practices which focuses on an array of environmental issues that affect biological systems. In addition, the program has five areas of concentration which include: Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Science, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Health Sciences, and Environmental Biotechnology. My area of concentration will be Environmental Health Science. Also, there is an active ongoing research on Hepatitis C virus and HIV which is my area of research interest. Apart from the fact that it is my area of research interest, I have work and research experience in the field of viral hepatitis and HIV. Also, Morgan State University excellently combined these courses together with structured curriculum that will allow me to choose my area of concentration after completion of my core courses. The tuition fee is also moderate and has multi-cultural environment with the hope of transcultural exchange of ideas.

VO: How long is the program?

Me: The program is for maximum period of five years and I hope to finish within four years.

VO: How many credit hours is your program?

Me: I will take a minimum of 33 credit hours which will include core 22-credit hours courses such as cellular biology, toxicology of biological systems, seminar on modern biology and bio-environmental science, advances in Biochemistry, environmental chemistry, bioethics and communication. I will take additional 11 minimum credit hours chosen from elective courses which will include Microbiology of emerging pathogens, immunobiology, advanced molecular genetics, modern research techniques, environmental genetics, environmental carcinogenesis. Five core courses will be taken in year 1 and seminar, this will qualify me to write the comprehensive exam to become a PhD candidate at the end of first year.

VO: Can you tell me about yourself?

Me: I hold a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree from Bleep and Master of Science degree in Environmental and Public Health from Bleep. I recently completed my internship job at Bleep hospital, England with focus on diagnosis, management and treatment of sexually transmitted infections in the community.

VO: What are you doing now?

Me: I am currently a freelance medical researcher and I also tutor students at various College of Health Technology in Southwest, Nigeria.

VO: Do you get paid for it?

Me: Yes, I get paid

VO: What will you be working for your research thesis?

Me: I will be working on the co-infection of HIV and Hepatitis C Virus in Dr. Chen’s lab in susceptible people such as MSM, Drug users and sex workers. He has an ongoing research in this area and we’ve discussed about taking up research assistant position in the laboratory on resumption at the University.

VO: What’s your highest qualification?

Me: Master of Science degree in Environmental and Public Health, from Bleep.

VO: What were the processes involved in the application?

Me: I wrote GRE, SOP, Reference letter and made my application with these documents. My degree evaluation was sent by WES to the University. I had Distinction which is 3.72/4.0 in my MSc and the best student on my course.

VO: So, you’ve travelled out of the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to six countries, mostly Europe and USA.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?

Me: I got a funding of $18,000. This came after the I-20 was issued and I have a letter to support that. Other expenses will be taken care of by my uncle. He has been supportive since my undergraduate. He promised to sponsor my PhD if I get an excellent grade in my MSc, which I did. I graduated with a distinction and as the best student in my cohort.

VO: What does your uncle do?

Me: He is into exportation of Agricultural products such as cashew nuts, cocoa, charcoal into countries such as Vietnam, China etc.

VO: Why are your parents not sponsoring you?

Me: They are retired.

VO: Are you married?

Me: Yes, I am married with a daughter.

VO: Are they going with you?

Me: No

VO: Who will be responsible for their upkeep while you are away?

Me: My wife is working and also have some savings for them.

VO: And will she be comfortable leaving you?

Me: Before we got married, I told her of my willingness to pursue a PhD in a reputable university as Morgan, and when the offer came she was
very supportive.

VO: What do you intend to do after your study?

Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to work as a lecturer at Bleep University because I did some collaborative research work there. I will also engage in high level research on Hepatitis C virus and HIV among Nigeria population which will seek to proffer a solution to how to reduce the incidence of these chronic diseases in Nigeria.

VO: I will be approving your visa.

Me: Thank you and God bless

Wow! Congratulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
Please I need a quick response to this as orientation comes up August26 and classes begin September 4,How soon can one reapply after being denied.....Had his interview on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
P1P2:
CONGRAT BRO! Your story actually motivated me not to give up!
Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by xdamson: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello great people,

I will be going to New Orleans, Louisiana but my ticket has a 15hr layover at Newark, New Jersey before connecting with united airline to New Orleans

1. Will I have to Pass through immigration at Newark before connecting with united?

2. Where will I spend the 15hrs?

3. Where will be my POE?

Thanks for your nice anticipated responses

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iceberge: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
lagos or abuja?

Jcnmode:
Hey guys greetings from me to you, the long awaited time is here. My interview is on the thursday next week, I need a place to stay very close to the embassy. Please can anyone help me with cheap hotel around to lodge?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys, uhm i am new in this thread but i really need help. I have been denied canada study permit twice and now i want to try for USA. I am hoping for good news , i have an admission for masters in health sciences university of western illinois and to resume August 20th , i am worried i hope my previous refusals will not reduce my chances and i really want to know if i have any hope.i applied to 2 schools , NYU accelerated second degree nursing and WUI masters in health sciences. NYU didnt give me admission, i really want your opinions.thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
Credah:

Hi House
Pls guys it’s urgent

I thought you just posted not quite long on how to get good score on GRE and Toefl?

If you are to write GRE, focus on that first before thinking about visa interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by scoreall: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
Plz I need quick reply on ds. Is it true dt etihad doesn't provide hotel for long hours layover?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
iceberge:
lagos or abuja?

Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2018
Credah:

Thanks a lot

There is a link to the materials you need for your GRE and Toefl on the GRE thread posted for you.

Or you can PM me to forward one to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eldee365: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Credah:

Hi House
Pls guys it’s urgent
Its not compulsory your uncle should be based in Nigeria, the genuity of the bank statement from your uncle, which you are to present at the embassy is what matters.
Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
Trice2:
Good evening friends
My statement of account is from may-july 2018. Hope its okay
Print from January to July
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.