Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915701 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
nelronaldo:
Good day house! Please i need your advice. I am trying to get into a school in US for my masters program. I researched top schools that offer the program i want to study and then settled for two. The two schools I have in mind have an acceptance rate of 59% and 63%. What are my chances of getting admitted with a GPA of 3.5? I wont be writing the GRE as it will be waived because I hold a terminal baccalaureate degree. Should I apply to more schools even when they are not so great in the program?

Most acceptance rates online are for undergraduate programs.

Acceptance and denial are made on comparative basis, though schools have minimum requirements. If your application is one of the strongest, your chances are higher and vice versa.

Applying to more schools is good because you will have more options.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
Jpoppins:
Hey guys, uhm i am new in this thread but i really need help. I have been denied canada study permit twice and now i want to try for USA. I am hoping for good news , i have an admission for masters in health sciences university of western illinois and to resume August 20th , i am worried i hope my previous refusals will not reduce my chances and i really want to know if i have any hope.i applied to 2 schools , NYU accelerated second degree nursing and WUI masters in health sciences. NYU didnt give me admission, i really want your opinions.thank you
cryplease help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Famousladyc: 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hi everyone, I am new in these group but so far you people have enriched me with so much knowledge, please is there anyone who has TOEFL past questions presently not in use and willing to give it out or sell at a cheaper Price? Kindly let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Credah(f): 12:36am On Jul 29, 2018
FA13:

I thought you just posted not quite long on how to get good score on GRE and Toefl?

If you are to write GRE, focus on that first before thinking about visa interview.

Yes sir
This is for my elder brother
His interview is next week sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Liuto101: 12:40am On Jul 29, 2018
Hi everyone am new here,I have F1 visa interview ,i have questions to ask, i applied to a community college my programme is 2 years,associate degree,am a Nigeria working in Gambia,with my Dads company,my wife is a gambia and we have a child,and i will be applying here in Nigeria Abuja,please how can i demonstarte strong ties to Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 1:00am On Jul 29, 2018
Your stronger tie seems to be in Gambia

Liuto101:
Hi everyone am new here,I have F1 visa interview ,i have questions to ask, i applied to a community college my programme is 2 years,associate degree,am a Nigeria working in Gambia,with my Dads company,my wife is a gambia and we have a child,and i will be applying here in Nigeria Abuja,please how can i demonstarte strong ties to Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 4:15am On Jul 29, 2018
NefT:
Hello house!
My sevis fee receipt expired 24th July but i used it at the consulate before it expired and no issues were raised or whatsoever. I hope there won't be any problem at the POE?
This could be a problem.
Quickly send email to your school dso to be sure that your sevis is active.
If your sevis is not active, they will have to create a new sevis account and generate new ID for you. And probably you will have to pay another sevis fee and possibly get another I-20.
Anyhow, contact them sharply. It is a big deal

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 4:20am On Jul 29, 2018
xdamson:
Hello great people,

I will be going to New Orleans, Louisiana but my ticket has a 15hr layover at Newark, New Jersey before connecting with united airline to New Orleans

1. Will I have to Pass through immigration at Newark before connecting with united?

2. Where will I spend the 15hrs?

3. Where will be my POE?

Thanks for your nice anticipated responses
Yes you will clear with immigration at Newark.
I guess You will spend it anywhere you want in the US because you would have been cleared and stamped in by the cbp. But it will be good you stay in the airport so you can make your connecting flight. Remember you will still have to check your luggage in all over again for your United Airline connecting flight
Your POE is Newark.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/458/~/when-does-a-traveler-clear-u.s.-customs-and-border-protection
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Queendammie: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2018
Good morning people, pls I need the email address of the US Consulate. I want to make a complaint about my visa fee receipt. Thank you
Pls someone should help out.
Its urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2018
Liuto101:
It would be better to have your interview in Gambia.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 7:16am On Jul 29, 2018
Queendammie:
Good morning people, pls I need the email address of the US Consulate. I want to make a complaint about my visa fee receipt. Thank you
Pls someone should help out.
Its urgent
Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov
I think visa fee receipt is the job of CGI and not the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 7:18am On Jul 29, 2018
I sent u a pm @lagosismyhome kindly reply it. I ll very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2018
I also sent u a mail @walspring, m awaiting ur response. I knw you guys are very busy @ d moment bt I ll be glad to hear one or two comment from u guys abt d mail I sent u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:25am On Jul 29, 2018
samhardy:
I sent u a pm @lagosismyhome kindly reply it. I ll very grateful

It best to reach me here ... I don't really check the pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2018
paulbets:

This could be a problem.
Quickly send email to your school dso to be sure that your sevis is active.
If your sevis is not active, they will have to create a new sevis account and generate new ID for you. And probably you will have to pay another sevis fee and possibly get another I-20.
Anyhow, contact them sharply. It is a big deal
how long does it takes sevis fee to expire, how would you know if it has expired or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please gurus in the house i seriously need help i dont want to keep wasting my father's money cry
Jpoppins:
cryplease help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
Enasdan:
how long does it takes sevis fee to expire, how would you know if it has expired or not
SEVIS fee payment lasts for a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jpoppins:
Please gurus in the house i seriously need help i dont want to keep wasting my father's money cry
What do you need sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by donanod(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
NefT:
Hello house!
My sevis fee receipt expired 24th July but i used it at the consulate before it expired and no issues were raised or whatsoever. I hope there won't be any problem at the POE?
I don't think you'll have any issues at your POE. Mine was due to expire 23rd July, my interview was on 22nd July. No issues were raised regarding it at my POE.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jpoppins:

Help on what? Share and you will get help with all information to help you scale through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
@johnolukolade i am a girl.this is my issue
Jpoppins:
Hey guys, uhm i am new in this thread but i really need help. I have been denied canada study permit twice and now i want to try for USA. I am hoping for good news , i have an admission for masters in health sciences university of western illinois and to resume August 20th , i am worried i hope my previous refusals will not reduce my chances and i really want to know if i have any hope.i applied to 2 schools , NYU accelerated second degree nursing and WUI masters in health sciences. NYU didnt give me admission, i really want your opinions.thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
@Tunmise100 this is what i need help with cry
Jpoppins:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jpoppins:
@johnolukolade i am a girl.this is my issue
I can't figure out what the problem is with your enquiry.
Have you booked an appointment for the F-1 visa?
I do have friends who got approved after several refusal of the Canadian visa.
Also, you sound like you don't know more about this school you're going to, the school is Western Illinois University and not University of Western Illinois... I don't think there's such school in Illinois.
Sincerely, I don't see what issues you've got but to prepare fine for your interview and be favoured.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oh yes, the school is western illinios university. I am expecting my i20 this week,
Classes are supposed to start August 20. My first issue is 1) i didnt write gre cos it is not required , i dont know if it will be a problem
2) i applied to 2 schools new york university accelerated second degree in nursing but they didnt give me admission and western illinois uni for msc in health sci conc. in public health, hope the vo wont question the disparities in the program
3) will i still be able to get interview date and meet up with resumption
Johnolukolade:

I can't figure out what the problem is with your enquiry.
Have you booked an appointment for the F-1 visa?
I do have friends who got approved after several refusal of the Canadian visa.
Also, you sound like you don't know more about this school you're going to, the school is Western Illinois University and not University of Western Illinois... I don't think there's such school in Illinois.
Sincerely, I don't see what issues you've got but to prepare fine for your interview and be favoured.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jpoppins:
Oh yes, the school is western illinios university. I am expecting my i20 this week,
Classes are supposed to start August 20. My first issue is 1) i didnt write gre cos it is not required , i dont know if it will be a problem
2) i applied to 2 schools new york university accelerated second degree in nursing but they didnt give me admission and western illinois uni for msc in health sci conc. in public health, hope the vo wont question the disparities in the program
3) will i still be able to get interview date and meet up with resumption
1. Doing the GRE makes your profile look good to the VO, it depicts that you're ready for graduate studies but if it'll affect your visa chance, it's based on the VO's discretion.
If you've paid for the visa, you can log into the CGI portal and book an earlier date before 10th August preferably (if you're certain that your I-20 will arrive before the end of this week)
2. I don't know what disparities you are talking about but you can apply to different programs in different schools. In your case, what the VO want to know is if your undergraduate degree is related to what you want to go study in the graduate school. "Did you do an undergraduate course that is related to Health Science"? If YES, you don't have anything to be worried about. If NO, have a reason for the switch to Health Science.
3. You can get an earlier date if you give the website a close monitoring. A date between 6-10 August WILL open for a slot or two.
Bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Rasengan02(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Dotman23:

.. Congrats boss .. Please Kindly assist me with the step by step process in PhD application.
BSc.. University of Ibadan (2:2)
Msc... University of Ibadan (PhD grade)

Thanks boss
what course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mm7: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pls gentle men and ladies, am going for my interview soon, i have received my i20:
1. The i20 form is in 3 sheet do i need to staple them together
2. There is a place for parent/guardian to sign , must it be signed if am above 18

I await your kind response

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NeverSayNever11: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please i'm going to texas, can I book flight to JFK and then take a bus or train to Houston (it's about 23hrs). Want to know if it may be an issue at JFK POE considering that I'm supposed to take flight to Houston. Just trying to cut cost. Thanks.

cc Lagosismyhome walspring oludare01 Quoran
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jpoppins(f): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
I studied Anatomy for my undergrad degree ,
I finished in 2016 and i was posted to the ministry of health, after service i stayed on to volunteer. Here i worked at a unit in pharmacy thats in charge of free drugs distribution in , logistics and health supply chain. Hence the conc in public health. I have a very good ielts result,no i have not paid for visa .i was told after i get my i20, i will pay a sevis fee before anything
Johnolukolade:

1. Doing the GRE makes your profile look good to the VO, it depicts that you're ready for graduate studies but if it'll affect your visa chance, it's based on the VO's discretion.
If you've paid for the visa, you can log into the CGI portal and book an earlier date before 10th August preferably (if you're certain that your I-20 will arrive before the end of this week)
2. I don't know what disparities you are talking about but you can apply to different programs in different schools. In your case, what the VO want to know is if your undergraduate degree is related to what you want to go study in the graduate school. "Did you do an undergraduate course that is related to Health Science"? If YES, you don't have anything to be worried about. If NO, have a reason for the switch to Health Science.
3. You can get an earlier date if you give the website a close monitoring. A date between 6-10 August WILL open for a slot or two.
Bless!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
mm7:
Pls gentle men and ladies, am going for my interview soon, i have received my i20:
1. The i20 form is in 3 sheet do i need to staple them together
2. There is a place for parent/guardian to sign , must it be signed if am above 18

I await your kind response

Thank you.

The first page is all you need and No! Your parents/ guardian doesn't need to sign it except if you're under 18. The information is explicit enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
NeverSayNever11:
Please i'm going to texas, can I book flight to JFK and then take a bus or train to Houston (it's about 23hrs). Want to know if it may be an issue at JFK POE considering that I'm supposed to take flight to Houston. Just trying to cut cost. Thanks.

cc Lagosismyhome walspring oludare01 Quoran
Baba nla, how far? Nothing to worry about bro. Just have your connecting ticket handy. BTW, isn't a road trip of 23hours too long?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jpoppins:
I studied Anatomy for my undergrad degree ,
I finished in 2016 and i was posted to the ministry of health, after service i stayed on to volunteer. Here i worked at a unit in pharmacy thats in charge of free drugs distribution in , logistics and health supply chain. Hence the conc in public health. I have a very good ielts result,no i have not paid for visa .i was told after i get my i20, i will pay a sevis fee before anything
Good. Send an email to the school tomorrow and ask if a soft copy of ur I-20 could be sent to you, for you to be able to pay SEVIS fee and visa fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.