Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917827 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2018
Fikky1:

Hello @lagosismyhome kindly assist please.

I posted my proposed transcript earlier, I got no response or comment but I have revised it

Why MPA
I can relate the failing systems of Nigeria to poor management of economic resources. An MPA degree gives me knowledge to be able to effect positive change through proper management of public funds and creation of more wealth. Through this, the Dependency ratio for example, which is currently at an all-time might reduce to a considerable low level in the coming years.

How did you know about the school?
I was particularly interested in schools that offered public administration with high emphasis on finance so I did an online search on such schools and ETSU was one of my findings

You have a good foundation so just work on the delivery. Be confident and articulate... all the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fikky1: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
Thank you.

LagosismyHome:

You have a good foundation so just work on the delivery. Be confident and articulate... all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FriendlyTop: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
Am going with the first appointment confirmation..which date were u rescheduled to?
seyifrenzy:

I was initially scheduled for August 1 but I later found out that I have been rescheduled just like you.

Also like you, I didn't receive any email notifications about this change.

My question is: Since I have not gotten any mail about the change, am I expected to take the August 1 appointment letter there on Saturday?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Abayomin70:

guy cool down and stop lying
why are you lying naaaaa
if you get into this country 2016 you can never ever and i say again never ever get a permanent resident card which is 10 years green card and after that you will file for citizenship in 3 years
what you have is probably 2 YEARS TEMPORARY GREEN CARD or also called CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD
i have seen lots of people that was given 2 years green card that you have and was not given a 10 years green card which is the real one,i mean alot and alot of guys here have 2 years green card but when it expire they cant renew it to the real permanet resident card which is 10 years green card that will make you be eligible to file for citizenship after 3 years

and again if you really get here 2016 and you really have a green card ,what you have a 2 temporary green card that is going to expire and not the real and original green card that is for 10 years that will make you eligible for citizenship in 3 years

stop coming here telling lies and thinking old members dont read these post,i read this post everyday and just dont comment
and if you want to start an argument with me,i will do the maths for you with link from USCIS.GOV website
Hello bro, what’s the reason for why some ppl can’t get renewal for the temporary green card after it expires?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=sureb0yy post=69832392]

It's ok. No offense taken bro. I just didn't want you to come here with a messed up mindset. I wish you the best. wink

Eyin doubting Thomas... Ee mo pe Olorun ton sebe o kuro nidi aro. wink

I'm done on the topic. Let's not derail the thread.[/quote
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Always go direct to the airline website and book your ticket.
I don't trust all these agents.

Nahum777:
I don't know if I should trust this Wakanow people. The airline doesn't even recognize me and they are saying they have booked the flight and I shouldn't worry. The lady who answered my call wasn't even sure. Please what should I do next? I have a very bad feeling about this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
I hate to break it to you but your answers no done well.
You need to have well prepared answers for every possible scenario question.
"Why MBA" isnt a question that should catch you off guard.
Even if you were going for a course directly related to your field, you need to be prepared for that question.

Just rehearse your answers a lot before the interview and you'd be good

Kweeen:
Good morning guys, pleaseee I need your input..All the gurus in the house, please help oo.. I've booked another appointment and seeing how the previous one went for me, what can I improve on or do differently? Especially the job description part, should I still maintain that I'm an analyst and just describe what an analyst does or should I say I'm an executive assistant and mention the duties I listed above which is really what I do at work? My interview is fast approaching .. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
I did mine today.
Walk into any primary health care centre and go to their lab. They are all over lagos
I paid 1500 for it.

NefT:
Hello everyone in the house!
Thanks to all the selfless members of this forum.

Could someone help with a resource person at any of the government lab i.e. federal medical centres, government hospitals or teaching hospitals hwre in lagos where I can do the tuberculosis skin test.
A no go lie, me no get time again and a no wan go pay $500 in US cause of one yeye TB wey I no say I no get. With the way mata be now i have less than 5 days travel. So I need smebody wey go help me run letter headed paper wey show I run the test

Please, I will appreciate anyone with contact of any doctor or medical lab scientist that can do it for me say tomorrow or the day after tomorrow...
I really have limited time left, your suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by babbs45: 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Hello bro, what’s the reason for why some ppl can’t get renewal for the temporary green card after it expires?

When you get a GC through marriage, and the marriage is less than two years old before your interview, you're given two year GC and after it expires, you'll have to file for the permanent GC ( which is 10 years ). Most of the time the reason why some ppl aren't able to renew their GC, is because maybe the spouse found out along way that he/she is being used purposely for GC. Other times too, some just take off after getting the temporary GC, thinking they're off the hook, forgetting when the time come to renew, you still need your citizen spouse to file for the permanent GC.
And when your spouse know that after you get your permanent GC, you'll abscond, he or she will do it.
This is what some ppl do,when they get married, they don't file right way, they wait for like a year and a half, so that by the time they get called for interview, the marriage would've been two years old, so they just get a permanent GC.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
livvyBee:

Always go direct to the airline website and book your ticket.
I don't trust all these agents.

They better book the flight oo. All the times I have called, they have always said they have booked it. I checked Checkmytrip and it confirms that they have really booked the flight, but the main airline are unreachable I don call tire. If they don't book it, it means I would have to forfeit my connecting flight. I am hoping they have done it because all the times I called, different customer care reps told me it has been booked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nahum777:
They better book the flight oo. All the times I have called, they have always said they have booked it. I checked Checkmytrip and it confirms that they have really booked the flight, but the main airline are unreachable I don call tire. If they don't book it, it means I would have to forfeit my connecting flight. I am hoping they have done it because all the times I called, different customer care reps told me it has been booked.
Let's pray for the best. Be hopeful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
Tunmise100:
Pls guys i will like to know if "TRIP ADVISOR" is a safe site to book flight ticket considering that it is cheaper compared to wakanow, travelstart, jumiatravel and others.
If you have used their service. I will like you to share you review of their service

Type/paste in the url here... www.tripadvisor.com is genuine if that's what it is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunz001(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
imperiouxx:

Yea. I like that the VO tries to put the option to him for consideration. He sounds like a smart student.

I sent you an email sir!...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
$205 still available for sale.

I can assist to pay SEVIS fee for one person.

Please contact me ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by xdamson: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Guys on AP,

Any update?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
FriendlyTop:
Am going with the first appointment confirmation..which date were u rescheduled to?

August 4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Spotlighte: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Titusnick:
Just have to come back to this thread and say a big THANK YOU. Visa approved at Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos. 7:00 Am

Me Good morning ma'am no smiling fully focused

V.o Good morning with a lil smile

V.o Where re you going in the US

Me I am going to Grand valley state university located in Allendale city Michigan to pursue my masters degree in communication studies.

V.o What is your highest qualification

Me Bachelor of education in Guidance and counselling/Economics

V.o How many school did you apply for

Me 3........University of Minnesota, University of south Dakota and Grand valley state university. Was expecting her to ask how many gave me admission and why i chose gvsu over the other two. But she didn't.

V.o Did you write and test

Me No

V.o what year did you finish

Me 2016 naso this white woman continue typing non stop wonder wetin she dey type

V.o what year did you finish your secondary level

Me Wanted to fumble at this point when i forgot i finished 2007. Told her...Sorry can you please come again. Naso i quickly adjust myself....I finished 2007 and wrote Neco exam 2008.

Vo Did you write jamb

Me Yes

V.o What have you been doing since then.

Me I worked in my father's farm as an assistant supervisor afterwards i got admission to University of Ibadan. After my Bsc program i work in my mom school as a teacher. She nods.

V.o List the courses you re to offer in this school

Me To be honest cold embrace me all of a sudden cos i completely forgot everything i read. But God over everything, and i started by telling her....Communication law, Communication management, Leadership&Organisation, Empirical methods in communication, i forgot the rest and i mentioned this listed ones twice lol. Cos these
VO doesn't want you to stop talking.

V.o Okay Okay

V.o What will this course do for you

Me Na for here i finish work!! This course consist of listening, speaking, reading as well as writing. I need to be highly skilled in all these areas to excel as a successful lecturer. And this course will expand my understanding of the world and mass media and prepare me to tackle most complex global, cultural, political, business challenges we re facing in this country........She keeps gazing at her system typing.

V.o who is your sponsor

Me My mom

V.o what does she do? she owns a farm right?

Me I knew she wants to twist my brain here, i quickly said no....She owns a school. Naso she nod. werey ree ooo�

V.o You have relatives in the US

Me No

Vo She keeps typing for almost 3 min as well as gazing at my passport.

Me Deep down my heart, i was panicked and praying. God i must not go home with blue paper. God pls...God pls..Naso i begin dey beg God lol

Vo What i heard next was.... i will be approving your visa. I swear down i couldn't hear any of her accent again. Naso she carry my I20 begin dey check am again, for my mind i was like...yay jesus jesus...eventually she gave me a white paper circled on a specific address and one Usa education seminar flier and she returns my I20.. You will need this at the Port of entry.

Me Thank you ma ..

All i know is God is involved big time. Juju no fit do am, prayer and fasting is the key to every success in life. Dress well..Trust me it works, Eye contact sum it up as well....And these Vo need key fact of your ambition, no need for story cos they re well trained for that imo. But the end product is God's favour. Thank you nairaland! Thank you everyone!

Wow. How's the US now?

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
xdamson:
Guys on AP,

Any update?
How long has yours been? Lag/abj?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Finally, my status changed to Issued today. It's been grace of God all the way..I'd share my story soon after receiving my passport. I'm sure many in despair would learn from it and believe that there is nothing impossible for God to do.

Meanwhile here is breakdown of my application timeline

June 30th 2018 - denied
July 25th 2018 - Approved but sponsor statement held

CAEC site tracking

Case last updated 25th July 2018 (Administration Processing)
Case last updated 30th July 2018 (Administration Processing)
Case last updated 31st July 2018 (Issued )

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good evening house,I tried to reapply but the month am seeing is not favourable to me please and have been hearing about the emergency appointment which is not coming up on my dashboard, please how do I go about that.how many times am I expected to go the schedule appointment calendar because am being told I have gotten to the maximum and that I should book this time and I have not gotten the month am looking for......... please what is the penalty?e sanu mi,have mercy on me,I need answers to this....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ayobami12345: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Congratulations Mr Lawrence,God wey do your own go do mine too......I will love to speak with you

Lawrence2291:
Finally, my status changed to Issued today. It's been grace of God all the way..I'd share my story soon after receiving my passport. I'm sure many in despair would learn from it and believe that there is nothing impossible for God to do.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2018
Ayobami12345:

Congratulations Mr Lawrence,God wey do your own go do mine too......I will love to speak with you

Thanks bro.... Your will definitely be positive..PM or email me your number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mrsnoname: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2018
HI guys,

So I'm going to study a masters degree in business analytics, however, on my I-20 the course of study stated is management science and quantitative method. Please which course of study should I fill on my ds-form ?

Please it's urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 01, 2018
Ayobami12345:
Good evening house,I tried to reapply but the month am seeing is not favourable to me please and have been hearing about the emergency appointment which is not coming up on my dashboard, please how do I go about that.how many times am I expected to go the schedule appointment calendar because am being told I have gotten to the maximum and that I should book this time and I have not gotten the month am looking for......... please what is the penalty?e sanu mi,have mercy on me,I need answers to this....

Sorry about your denial. All hope is not lost! Do not be deterred it's just a temporary ban after several log in buh one would be unbanned after 24hrs. Try to log in like every two hours. I believe favorable dates will pop up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by xdamson: 1:54am On Aug 01, 2018
Judgepelumi:

How long has yours been? Lag/abj?

Abuja

26th July
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2018
seyifrenzy:

Hello dear.

You can edit your DS-160 form if you have about 3 days to your interview.

This edit would, however, generate a new application ID for you; this change (application ID) would need to reflect on your appointment letter.

How To edit your application form? Google it on Quora.

Thanks,...but I already booked an appointment with the first application ID. Or is there a way I can change the application ID on the appointment letter?. And also I'm using my sister's company SOA do I need to state that is the company sponsoring me or my sister?. Please house respond to this if u have an idea. Thankd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olubori33(m): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2018
Please i need help

I want to travel using the school package masters to be precise

Please i need a school that does Educational psychology and does not accept payment until you resume

And i need more info on what i need for this kind

Thanks for all the useful posts so far

Please some one should me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2018
Olubori33:
Please i need help

I want to travel using the school package masters to be precise

Please i need a school that does Educational psychology and does not accept payment until you resume

And i need more info on what i need for this kind

Thanks for all the useful posts so far

Please some one should me

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wumzy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
wumzy:

VO: Good Morning
ME: Good Morning, How are you yoday?

VO: Pass your documents(i-20, passport and Sevis)
Me: I hand it over

VO: What are you going for?
Me: I am going for Masters in Systems Engineering at University of Arkansas, Little Rock.

VO: Why UALR?
Initially, I spoke with one of my mentors (Dr. Isaiah in my Alma Mata) about my job and my career plans, and he advised I get a Masters in systems engineering as it will handle all my questions as relating to optimization of power systems. He recommended two schools in USA: UALR and UTEP as they had electrical streams in their Systems Engineering Program coupled with Professors who had research interests in Optimization of Power Systems inclduing renewable energy. I researched UALR and the curriculum aligned with my career plan so I contacted Dr Liu and he advised I apply. And here we are.

VO: What do you know about Systems Engineering?
Me: Well, Systems Engineering is all encompassing as it's set up to help design, model, analyze and optimize various real life complex engineering systems (electrical, mechanical, civil etc). This processes help to predict the system responses and failures, thereby also enabling a system engineer to profer solutions to existing and predicted problems even before they occur.

VO: WHat courses will you be offering?
Me: System Analysis and Design, Systems Architecture and Design, Systems Management and Evaluation, Linear Systems Theory, Power Systems Analysis and some other courses. In all, 11 courses as it's a 31 Credit program.

VO: Can you not continue your education in your home country?
ME: Well, I also researched for a Masters in Systems Engineering in Nigeria and only found one option in University of Lagos, but there was no faculty with research interests in the optimization of power systems so it was a NO for me.

VO: Where do you work and what do you do?
Me: I work with XYZ Power Distribution Company as a systems operator. Been doing that for about 4 years now. I manage, inspect, operate and maintain all substation equipment. I also regulate flow of electricity to consumers through various switching operations. I "prepare" the lines and make the safe for routine or emergency operations.

Me: How will this study program relate to your past work or studies?
VO: I currently work as a systems operator in a control room, getting a Masters in Systems Engineering is a step further into advancing my career in the power sector as I'll be focusing of techniques and methods in optimization of power systems, which will aid me in assisting to mitigate the major problems we face currently like fault location, power losses, power system instability, poor demand management etc. This course will help find solutions to most of these problems if not all, as I intend to model, simulate, analyze and optimize Nigeria's power system with Dr Liu's guidance, hence creating solutions to the problems I mentioned.

VO: Did you write any standardized tests?
Me: Yes, GRE. Q 155, V 152, A 4.5 (Provides Document)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to UALR and UTEP. I'm waiting on UTEP's admission decision.

VO: Who's your sponsor?
Me: My mom. She doubles as a civil servant and a stationary supplier to top private schools in Ogun state and also a few printers in Mushin.

VO: Why do you have two sponsors on your I20?
Me: I also used my cousin's bank balance while I was processing my I20 and I have his statement here too. Regardless, My mom is my sponsor as she has enough funds now to cover my expenses. My cousin will be covering miscellaneous expenses if any arises.

....PLEASE GUYS HELP ME WITH ADDITIONS and SUBTRACTIONS....THANKS

Got my Visa today guys. So happy right now.
I did my part and kept praying to God. Almost everyone before me were denied. I mean i saw blue everywhere. But I got a white. Please prepare and pray... Prayer is important. Trumpland, here I come.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.