Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913453 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by promzyphyno(m): 8:00am On Jul 31, 2018
Rexdan:
Hello Guys, please am preparing to sit for SAT exams, I need help with materials and tips

pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wumzy(m): 8:19am On Jul 31, 2018
Tadexpreccy:

It’s a pretty impressive transcript. All that’s needed is confidence and composure! I have my interview on Saturday also.. wish you luck. When is yours??

Tomorrow 8am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kweeen(f): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning guys, pleaseee I need your input..All the gurus in the house, please help oo.. I've booked another appointment and seeing how the previous one went for me, what can I improve on or do differently? Especially the job description part, should I still maintain that I'm an analyst and just describe what an analyst does or should I say I'm an executive assistant and mention the duties I listed above which is really what I do at work? My interview is fast approaching .. Thank you
Kweeen:
Visa delayed today , please experts in the house, what went wrong? What can I improve on because I plan to reapply asap..
I was interviewed by the African american Lady in window 7, she was just frowning , greeting self, she didnt respond
Me- goodmorning
V.o - pass me your documents * I passed it*
V.o - why this mba?
Me - I'm going for this mba because of career progression, it will enhance my strategic planning capabilities, managerial skills so I can be considered for a promotion at work
V.o - whats your highest degree
Me- I have a bachelor of science degree in masscommunication from xyz university
V.o - what year did u get this?
Me- 2012
V.o - What av u been doing since then?
Me - after my compulsory Nysc , I got a job with jumia Nigeria as a sales consultant, which I did for about two years before I got my present job as an analyst
V.o - why are u going for a program different from ur first degree
Me - * I didn't expect this question since mba is kind of like a general degree so I just sed something about since I graduated, I've been doing jobs related to business*
V.o - what's ur job description?
I manage day to day activities of the company, keep records of a portfolio of investments, attend seminars, conferences etc as requested the associates , do valuation work, deal.. ( then she cut me off)
V.o - That is the job of an executive assistant , what is the job of an analyst ?
Me - * I then explained my duties again and said that is the title given to me at work and that is my job description..
V.o - did u take any entrance exam to get this?
* I didn't know she meant GRE at first so I sed no, then she started typing and then it clicked to me that GRE is also part of entrance requirements so I then sed, ohhh I actually wrote GRE and brought it out to show her ..
Then she brought out blue paper and sed she will advice me to reapply...
I didn't get the chance to talk about my school at all or my graduate assistantship( I have a full tuition waiver)..it was really extremely painful..this was my first attempt.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LoladeCA(f): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2018
LoladeCA:
Please house I need your advice... I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planing on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is batter way to go about it.
Secondly, I made a mistake on my ds 160, I stated a wrong "place of birth", the place of birth on my passport is Abeokuta but I mistakenly stated isolo. Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is anything I can do about it. Help a sister out e da kun.. Thanks for your quick response.

Please house answer this

Please respond to this... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2018
I called Wakanow today and they are saying the ticket is fine and that the airline hasn't updated their website. How true is this? I don't want anything to go wrong with this flight. This Wakanow people shouldn't make me angry oo grin.. My connecting flight JetBlu didn't give me this problem. When I inputed the ticket number, my bookings came up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2018
tolatof:

Depends on what you school requires...
If you have taken the required vaccines, then you are good to go
ohh okay , thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2018
Nahum777:
I called the airline today and they are saying the ticket is fine and that the airline hasn't updated their website. How true is this? I don't want anything to go wrong with this flight. This Wakanow people shouldn't make me angry oo grin.. My connecting flight JetBlu didn't give me this problem. When I inputed the ticket number, my bookings came up.

What airline??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FriendlyTop: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Majority of F1 appointments fixed for today were sent home to come back on Saturday...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2018
Why? What embassy?
FriendlyTop:
Majority of F1 appointments fixed for today were sent home to come back on Saturday...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Lagos or Abuja? And why?
FriendlyTop:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2018
Any update on your visa?
Ekebs:
Lagos or Abuja? And why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2018
tolatof:

What airline??
Royal Air Maroc. I wanted to say I called Wakanow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Topman116(m): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2018
BigUgo21:
I was denied at Abuja. Now I opted for Lagos in ds 160 but the first available date is not encouraging as shown in enclosure. Sch resumes August 20. Please help...
Thanks
I advise you reschedule your appointment via [b][/b]Emergency request, you will get a date in August. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2018
Last update was on 25th July. Nothing again since then. Still AP. How far yours?
Osiokoye:
Any update on your visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=Topman116 post=69857160] I advise you reschedule your appointment via [b][/b]Emergency request, you will get a date in August. Goodluck.[/quo

There is no emergency appointment option on my dash board. Pls tell me how to go about it?
Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
I don't know if I should trust this Wakanow people. The airline doesn't even recognize me and they are saying they have booked the flight and I shouldn't worry. The lady who answered my call wasn't even sure. Please what should I do next? I have a very bad feeling about this.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FriendlyTop: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lagos... We were told the appointment has been rescheduled, that if we had checked our emails, we would have seen the changes.. Still checked my email few hours before leaving home.. I didn't see anything related to it. We've been fixed for Saturday sha. Witnessed over ten people had d same issue before leaving there.
Ekebs:
Lagos or Abuja? And why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Be hopeful bro. I believe it's for your good. Anticipate approval come 4th August.
FriendlyTop:
Lagos... We were told the appointment has been rescheduled, that if we had checked our emails, we would have seen the changes.. Still checked my email few hours before leaving home.. I didn't see anything related to it. We've been fixed for Saturday sha. Witnessed over ten people had d same issue before leaving there.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
LoladeCA:
Please house I need your advice... I stated on my DS -160 that my sister will be my sponsor but I'm planing on going to the embassy with her company's statement of account. Please I want to know if there won't be any problem with this and if there is batter way to go about it.
Secondly, I made a mistake on my ds 160, I stated a wrong "place of birth", the place of birth on my passport is Abeokuta but I mistakenly stated isolo. Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is anything I can do about it. Help a sister out e da kun.. Thanks for your quick response.

Please house answer this

Hello dear.

You can edit your DS-160 form if you have about 3 days to your interview.

This edit would however generate a new application ID for you; this change (application ID) would need to reflect on your appointment letter.

How To edit your application form? Google it on Quora.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nahum777:
I don't know if I should trust this Wakanow people. The airline doesn't even recognize me and they are saying they have booked the flight and I shouldn't worry. The lady who answered my call wasn't even sure. Please what should I do next? I have a very bad feeling about this.

Can you go to their office and physically confirm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
FA13:

Can you go to their office and physically confirm?
I guess that is what I should do next..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Rayscell: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
House, Please can you suggest a University for Remote Sensing PhD program in the USA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
Kweeen:
Good morning guys, pleaseee I need your input..All the gurus in the house, please help oo.. I've booked another appointment and seeing how the previous one went for me, what can I improve on or do differently? Especially the job description part, should I still maintain that I'm an analyst and just describe what an analyst does or should I say I'm an executive assistant and mention the duties I listed above which is really what I do at work? My interview is fast approaching .. Thank you
Please which school gave you admission ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ChemEngr01: 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
Did they send you a 6-digit alphanumeric code? Probably titled check-in number or reservation number?
Nahum777:
I guess that is what I should do next..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
ChemEngr01:
Did they send you a 6-digit alphanumeric code? Probably titled check-in number or reservation number?
They sent me the code and they also sent a ticket number. They are saying the airline hasn't updated their website. And it's 3 days now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ChemEngr01: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Go to the homepage of Royal Air Maroc. Then click Manage My Booking. You'll see booking number and passenger name. Put the 6-digit code under booking number. But instead of putting your full name under passenger name, put only your surname. Let me know if this helps.
Nahum777:
They sent me the code and they also sent a ticket number. They are saying the airline hasn't updated their website. And it's 3 days now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fikky1: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I agree you don't have to wait till 24hours..... 24hours is for checking in . There also a place to view your ticket after booking, your details should come in when you check the website under manage my booking

Give it a day or two and if it doesn't then call the agency and clarify

Hello @lagosismyhome kindly assist please.

I posted my proposed transcript earlier, I got no response or comment but I have revised it

Why MPA
I can relate the failing systems of Nigeria to poor management of economic resources. An MPA degree gives me knowledge to be able to effect positive change through proper management of public funds and creation of more wealth. Through this, the Dependency ratio for example, which is currently at an all-time might reduce to a considerable low level in the coming years.

How did you know about the school?
I was particularly interested in schools that offered public administration with high emphasis on finance so I did an online search on such schools and ETSU was one of my findings

Why did you choose ETSU
Apart from the fact that I was offered a full tuition waiver, ETSU allows me have a concentration in financial management and aligns with what I really want to do which is public sector financial consulting

What will this degree do for you?
With this MPA degree, I'm certain I'll be able to better tackle where waste and inefficiency is prominent in my local economy and proffer solutions to mitigating them. In the long run, I would be able to contribute to the process of public policy making
Why USA
I chose the US for this degree because I want to be armed with concrete solutions and not just contest and win elections as a politician. It makes sense to me to get knowledge and experience from a system that actually works, the American system

What have you been doing since you graduated
I did my NYSC at a pensions company and I worked as an investment intern with and investment team that managed over 200 billion naira in pension assets. I understood how with the right regulations in place, it is possible for the Nigerian government to create wealth for future retirees. The more reason for my choice of study. Currently, I work as an internal control officer at an IT firm where I ensure adherence to laid down policies and processes. I also conduct audits and recommend changes to policies where necessary

Who is paying for your study?
I have a full tuition scholarship and my uncle will be paying for my living expenses

What does he do?
He owns an IT consulting company and is looking to establishing a new division that will provide advisory to the government on revenue generation and simplify tax collection through the use of USSD short codes. I will be an ideal fit for staffing the new division with my MPA and ACCA certifications. Having a team with the right personnel will improve our chances of securing such partnerships with the government. He is one of the few people that actually cheer me on to bag more degrees. He was highly impressed with my scholarship and I know my living expenses is not difficult for him to handle.

What will you do upon graduation?
I will return to take up a role as an associate at my uncle’s new public private partnership division. I will be able to transfer the budget planning and revenue generating skills I have learned in graduate school to provide public sector advisory. When I gather more industry knowledge in the long run, I intend to start up a consulting firm that will provide advisory services to public agencies

What are the graduation requirements for your program?
I am required to complete 36 credit hours and maintain a CGPA greater than 3.0 within a period of 24 months. I have to complete 18 credits in core MPA courses, 12 credits in my concentration, 3 credits from an internship or consultancy and 3 credits from a management report

What courses will you be taking?
Public budget and finance
Introduction to public administration
Quantitative policy analysis for public managers
Law and ethics in public service
Public sector financial management
Risk management
Non-profit development
Public organization theory
Public personnel management
One guided elective
An internship or consultancy with a municipality

Has your Uncle ever left the country?
Yes, He travels on business trips

How did you get the scholarship?
I qualified for a scholarship because of my GRE scores and application essay. I also had an interview with the director of my program.

@Lagosismyhome Kindly let me know if I'm missing anything out. I would also appreciate a mock interview if you have the time. God bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
ChemEngr01:
Go to the homepage of Royal Air Maroc. Then click Manage My Booking. You'll see booking number and passenger name. Put the 6-digit code under booking number. But instead of putting your full name under passenger name, put only your surname. Let me know if this helps.
This is what I have been doing with no luck. I just read somewhere that online check in begins 24hours before flight on Royal Air Maroc and it's a reliable source. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
FriendlyTop:

I was initially scheduled for August 1 but I later found out that I have been rescheduled just like you.

Also like you, I didn't receive any email notifications about this change.

My question is: Since I have not gotten any mail about the change, am I expected to take the August 1 appointment letter there on Saturday?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oluezekiel(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rayscell:
House, Please can you suggest a University for Remote Sensing PhD program in the USA?
Your task is to look for schools that are into remote sensing as a research focus under the department of electrical and computer engineering (ECE).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kweeen(f): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Please somebody should attend to me o, I beg..
Kweeen:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nahum777:
This is what I have been doing with no luck. I just read somewhere that online check in begins 24hours before flight on Royal Air Maroc and it's a reliable source. Thank you.

Checking in which is 24 hours and verifying your flight details are two seperate thing.... that been said relax. If the agency said they done it then maybe they have. Check again tomorrow under manage your booking . If it doesn't appear then maybe you contact the airline

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.