Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,978 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (75201 Views)

Lesley Nneka Arimah Wins 2019 Caine Prize / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by cbella(f): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2017
Gloryejims:
Following...
But is Chris's family broke?
Did Eva's best friend follow her?

Cbella where art thou?
Where is our story?

It's on its way... Exams mood activated

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2017
Welcome people. Merry festivities from me and everyone enjoy it.
Christmas update.
"hello Clara, how are you?" Eva said as she glared at the old man.
"I am fine, please help me thank Aunty Sophia. She had moved me to a new school and I am staying with her mom." she heard her friend say.
"Wow, did she really? She's so nice, I wish I was like her, she's so inspiring, have you heard her story especially when her husband left his label now he's a writer and producer. She is still humble and all, I trust her more than my parents." she said, her heart swelling at the thought her friend was safe.
"Oh and your first term second year result is out, babe you came out tops. Your school will be struggling to keep you, I heard the principal was going to meet your dad. The school is actually in a huge uproar when you left and there is so much gossip." Clara began her gist, Eva sighed and hugged herself.
"And some teachers have been asking about you and am leaving next year, the witch had come here twice at school to look for me. And I'm going to Lifefort in Ibadan, I got a sponsorship from one of your Aunty's friend." she said excitedly.
Eva grinned her friend deserved all this, she was a brain and she deserved the best to support her dreams to be an engineer.
The harmattan wind slapped her face angrily, as they got down from the car. She cuddled the phone and wrapped herself with the scarf. She looked at the vast family duplex where Tolu stayed.
The said woman was smiling at her and coming to her, she was followed by a small boy.
"Sorry Clara, I have gotten there call you back and congratulations." she said and they said their farewells.
"Sophia told me you were beautiful but I didn't expect drop dead gorgeous, no wonder my nephew couldn't resist you, just joking." Tolu said as they hugged.
Eva was blushing, and she carried the boy who tugged at her dress.
"Thank you." she said quietly.
i know this so short but am coming back. Merry xmas again

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
I wish you a merry merry merry Christmas, includingfavch, rchilee, saraphina, t1976, genius43, iambijo, AryEmber, Honeydawealth, MZmitchelle, heemah, Jsavior, ayaobaidowu, HORLADSTAR, blessedgold, triplemmm3, Chigold121, Oly23, excelmerry,azeezat22, paulaspearz, frankline461, EvaJael, Twinkle004, Treasurewamin, FortunateB, chisiudeh, Michelle55, Hantonia, Adepet222, nimat58, Nuellaluv, sheba222, rayvelez, bummybummy, Warfibabe, MhizSuccess, peluhmii, Jackpot, cyber5, marianneada, Divepen1, PamelB, TiffanyJ, Oly23, pweetyz and the rest of NL.
Meanwhile Chris was settling down to the school and struggling with college and the weather.
He looked at Adam, his roommate, also a Nigerian who was a whiz at computers. Adam was dark and average height with a muscular body building look, he intimidated even the whites and he could count how many white chicks were going crazy because of that.
Adam was staring at the laptop screen they had been cracking their skulls on a new program and they were at a deadpoint.
"Really? How long will this dreary weather of constant snow and cold continue. I would never complain about the harmattan again." Adam sat, Chris cradled the pad they were using to type.
"I am so fed up, abeg I want to go to my uncle's place but this weather has locked down everywhere." Chris said as he picked up the heating bottle.
"Sorry that's the life here, my dad once came here. He complained about the cold thought the old man was exaggerating." Adam said, as he closed the laptop and gave him a sincere look.
"So what of you any hopes for the holiday?" Chris asked, he knew that all Adam's family was back home and he was here on scholarship.
"Yes I better head to Washington DC, that's where my cousin stays, but with the constant weather report I think I'll manage without going abeg." he said as he shrugged.
"Then lets go to my dat's friend place together guy, its the holidays oh. So you got any babe back home?" Chris asked as he sat on the plush sofa.
"Maybe, she must have dumped my sorry self by now. I haven't contacted her for over a year now." Adam said sadly.
"Sorry about that, my case is a bit similar just that we were torn apart." Chris said before he explained all that had transpired.
"Guy, you should have taken it easy now. Ah do you want to kill her, guy she's fifteen... I dont understand you guys but if you feel so strongly about each other. I dont see any wrong except that you guys should wait until you are emotionally, mentally and physically ready to do all that." Adam said, as he shrugged.
"Well I still see those white girls what's her name again? That girl with pink and gold hair that's always chasing you." Chris teased as Adam threw his pillow at him.
"Darlene, that one is on her own, she needs someone to play with while she has her own bf, abeg I no wan die on top girl." he said as he dodged the pillows that was thrown back at him.
"These girls are super crazy, but I blame it on the Blaxposition of we the guys their belief that we are more endowed, burst my brain guy. Did you know that Henry that dude in room 100 had been sleeping around with the dan's daughter." Chris said, grieving at the thought of how the boy was treated when he was caught.
"I heard too, police and all the nonsense. He too should have tightened his trousers, she accused him of rape to cover herself up." Adam shook his head.
"Those girls and their trouble, I have one tornado at home, I dont need a white one to add to it. Guy abeg lets go and chow abeg." Chris said as his stomach growled.
"Okay." Adam said as he too stood and picked up his coat.
"Aunty Tolu, come and see Usman oh." Eva yelled as the little boy held onto the knife. He was playing with it, holding it at the blade and she was scared it would hurt him.
They were cooking for Christmas, they had finished peeling the chicken and the smell of hot water and chicken permeated the kitchen. Alongside the smell of chili pepper and the salad ingredients filled the air.
The pot was dancing on the gas cooker, everywhere smelt festive and she was just imagining tearing into a chicken lap when she saw him.
Tolu ran in with the bag of flour and yelled at the baby, Usman burst into tears and felt that his mother hated him. "Yummy, dont like me. I will tell daddy for you." he said amidst tears.
But the knife was on the floor, Eva quickly jumped to pick it while Tolu begged him, petting his head.
Eva sighed as she began cleaning up, staying here was fun and still tiring, her new aunt here was the best.

4 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by chisiudeh: 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
Happy Christmas. God's Blessings be upon you this season.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Pinkfeet: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Gloryejims:
Following... But is Chris's family broke? Did Eva's best friend follow her?
Cbella where art thou? Where is our story? If I haven't called u guys Sowie Pearl05 Cyber5 Pinkfeet Wizsolzy Ikombe Read his first story to understand this one https://www.nairaland.com/4180710/sophia-amakas-story-accidental-baby
thanks for mention
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Twinkle004(f): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jadedgrace98:

twinkle004 i have been mentioning you where did u travel to... for Christmas lol. Check the signature please.
My dear work has been dealing with me but thank God for God. Will check
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by frankline461: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Xmas too ma'am!.!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Happy Xmas hun
Expect me oo, thanks for the mention
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by MZmitchelle: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas dear
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
Join me celebrate d Xmas pls

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by rayvelez(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Merry Christmas, and nice updates still following.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Oluwakemi65(f): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Happy Boxing Day jadedgrace. I love ur facebook page.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Hantonia(f): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
Merry Xmas 2 U Jade Grace
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ha I'm so blessed and humbled once again, thanks everyone on NL Oluwakemi65, thank you darling, and yes merry xmas in arrears and the best new year, hope u guys ate ur rice and chicken well.
Favch me I dont like that kind food oh.
To God be the Glory, the all knowing and powerful. We have began Aunty Ness story oh. Yes episode one just landed so check it out and share this season invite people to like the page. The offer due to these technical problems is now open to all and sundry so all u need to do is to comment on any of my stories on my Facebook page and gbam you will get my message. So everyone grab your copy now!!!!. Lol happy boxing day. Hantonia and all.
"Come and open the yeye door abeg." Eva heard the alhaja say, as she neared the door, she had just cleaned up the mess in the kitchen and the Christmas cake was baking.
"Ma, Good afternoon." she said as she opened the door for the landlady, who rushed in like someone was chasing her.
"Where is she? Ka n chi ko? Where is that woman who wouldn't stay in one place and be saying someone's matter everywhere." the old lady raved, her black iris were standing and there was fire in there.
Eva shook and looked for a lie to cover up for her new aunt, but unfortunately Tolu was emerging from the bedroom, she had been sleeping beside her son.
She looked at the old woman and then at Eva surprised at the intrusion,"You cannot pretend you this witch, you have turned the husband of my old age against me. He will fall from your charm." the woman burst out, her flabby arms shaking vigorously and she looked like she wanted to take down aunt Tolu.
"salam maleku, but why this talk of me snatching your husband this evening and on Christmas eve again." Tolu said her brain still muddled by sleep.
The old woman adjusted her hijab and re tied her wrapper, "I am ready for you this witch, you can pretend all you want, pretend that you are innocent, walahi the most benevolent one shall judge, stupid woman." the old lady said as she got angry again and left.
Eva turned to her aunt wondering what had happened, Tolu sighed, that was the problem of being a foreigner here.
She had met the old man, bent doing his cooking and she had volunteered to help him. She made his food regularly since then and even her husband was aware and agreed to it. She did it for free and it was alright until the old couple began to fight and the man had brought up her cooking.
This must have been what infuriated the alhaja.
"Leave that one, go and check the cake, and also make some tuwo for Ganiyu, the old beggar at the street end, when you are done let me know. And oh close the door." Eva nodded still wondering what had just transpired but since Aunt Tolu didn't want to talk about it she went to follow the instructions.
"Oh Chris, I'm Amanda." Chris looked up from the book he was reading. He gave the almost albinic looking girl a small glare but she seemed more determined.
"We take computer logistics together and I heard you had quite a brain." she said as she plopped on the library chair.
Chris gave her his bored look, Amanda touched his shoulder and squeezed his biceps. She gave him a coy smile and bit her lip all in a pathetic bid to look seductive.
If Chris wasn't angry he would have laughed he really didn't have time for small white girls looking for who to get laid with, they had it easy and all but he had his own home and country to make proud.
"Amanda nice to meet you. You came at the wrong time I'm actually reading." he motioned at the mount everest pile of books.
"Really? During the holidays thought you would be home relaxing and all, dont you ever have a good time?" she said as she rubbed circles on his arm and gave a big grin.
"Sorry, I'm not interested whatsoever." he said as he brushed her off.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
Jadedgrace98
Lols no vex ehn
I will quickly make u another one ,you are my big aunty na
Am loving this story, about that thing we discussed I will b grateful if u can create a link
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by emilykang(f): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
i luv dis
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2017
THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Eva placed the plate of fried rice on the table, her stomach was queasy at the thought that it was the first Christmas she would celebrate without her family.
She wondered how they were even though they chased her away, she still loved them. Although Aunt Tolu and her husband were nice they weren't anything like her family.
Truly there was no place like home, she shuffled the rice and the vegetables around despite the nice aroma and sumptuous look she didn't feel like eating.
She dropped the cutlery ignoring the look from Aunt Tolu and Usman's gibberish baby talk. She felt like vomiting, she felt homesick as she remembered how she used to help decorate the central hall they used to host the Christmas dinner, all the fancy dresses and the makeup she wore.
The laughter she heard, the gifts she gave and received, the music and all the good times.
They were all gone, all gone because of an infatuation and lust. She had lost her family and their love, would she ever get that back? She had learnt in school that everything doesn't revolve around her.
She had met top politicians' children, VIPs at her new school and she realised that she was a nobody.
The only saving grace she had, was that she read and was brilliant enough, even that she had to fight to keep her position in top five.
And she faced the trauma of breaking off from her family forcefully and in shame, she found it difficult to find friends.
Because she was at first proud until she met Mariam, she was a northern Christian and she was nice. She wasn't hostile and she taught her Hausa and Kanuri.
She was also her dormmate and her classmate only she was in the science arm while Eva was in the arts.
Eva's dream was to take over her parents' chamber when she grew and she worked towards it.
She looked at the chicken doubtfully before picking it up and throwing it into her mouth, she shoveled a few spoons of rice in.
Then giving an apologetic look at Usman she left the table with her plate. She needed to cry, she needed to mourn, her life would never be the same.
She climbed the stairs to go to her room, she saw the beautiful Christmas light, Usman and his dad wrapped the banister and the tree, it glowed brightly making her wonder at the beauty for a moment. That was how her life was, glowing brightly until this.
She laughed bitterly as she remembered Mariam trying to talk to her about her need of a change of lifestyle. She had laughed at her and made fun of her.
Mariam was the school acting assembly prefect and she was a member of Scripture Union. She can be recognized by her tall height, she was always nicknamed dongo and her flawless brown skin. She had the face of an Arab, thanks to her mixed ancestry, long pointed nose, kohl lined big eyes and pale pink lips.
Unlike Eva she was the quiet type but she was sharp and clever, nothing missed her long nose and small ears.
Her trademark was her scarf, she wore it almost everywhere except when the school forbids it.
Eva on the other hand hated even the beret that was given to her. She felt that she was restricted from displaying her head.
But they got along alright, they spent most times reading and joking and telling each other stories of their past.
Mariam had heard about Chris and she had condemned what they did, she said that they didn't understand what they were doing. They were doing more harm than good according to her, and soon Chris would move on to another girl without constant contact with her since there was no basis of communication and understanding.
Eva disagreed with her strongly, how she could say that, all that was in her mind was that she should finish her WASSCE and find Chris, maybe they could elope or something.
But Mariam discouraged her thought line, she even sighted examples of adults whose distance killed their relationship.
But Eva was determined to prove her wrong, she and Chris would last forever, isn't that he promised her, forever.
She had no idea, but she had faith that she would see him again.
Chris sat at the table with Lois, and her new friend who was a newbie, a Togolese named Monica.
She was gorgeous and her black skin attracted him plus she had a great personality, Kunle had recognized his attraction and advised him to ask her out.
Today was the day he chose, well because he couldn't keep hoping on Eva, knowing her spontaneous behavior she would have gotten a new boyfriend.
He still felt niggling guilt that he was cheating on her, but he knew Eva couldn't wait for him, she would find another man soon.
With that he greeted Monica and took her to the balcony, snow fell slightly and they sipped the hot chocolate as they talked.
To his delight, she accepted his proposal.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Men will always be men
Aunty mi, it haff tey that i sight you
Pls reply my chat so we can know way forward
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Meanwhile Eva laid pining after her lost love.
Such is life.
Time Warp: Six years later
The blazing sun filled the African sky as people trooped around the airport, foreigners, tourists and travellers met at this point.
The smell of tasty spicy food caressed the air like the hand of the lover, as people moved towards aroma.
Meanwhile others hurried around, they all had a goal, to achieve that morning and Chris was part of them.
He alighted from the aircraft and headed to the chauffeur driven black Camaro, the informed driver came out in the uniform.
His new company he had founded with Adam, it had been six years since he had set foot on this land. Then he left as a boy now he came as a man.
He ignored the attractive glances he got from the women, as he entered the car, his aviator sunglasses shading his unusual eyes.
He had a gym partnership back in Ottawa and he did part time boxing, he needed to keep fit despite being a computer genius.
The big break had happened last three years, they had stumbled on the hottest social network and it brought in money, they had further invested in other internet companies and bought them up.
Now they were billionaires with investments spread across the globe, thanks to his mother Sophia's advice and influence.
He licked his lips, six years he had seen his family, six years he had finally found his foot.
Six years! He jumped when he heard his phone ring. His lips turned up a little when he saw his dat's number, they had been in touch after the mistake-of-his-life accident.
Ness found it harder to forgive him, but they were all in good terms. He heard that Eva had become a Human Rights Lawyer and activist in South Africa.
Eva, that name shook him. His parents had cleverly avoided any topic about her, they evaded most of his questions about her. He wasn't going to repeat the mistake he made again in secondary school.
At twenty-four going to twenty-five he was mature enough to see that he made mistake, life was for fun. And he had his fair share of ladies since Monica. There was Tanya, Michelle, Fiona, Gabrielle, Ashley, the latest one he couldn't remember her name.
He had them all, white, Asian, and one Russian model Anna Stravvok, a top notch woman with an extraordinary bedding skills.
He licked his lips, he anticipated savoring some of the women and socialite ladies. He adjusted the cobalt blue Armani suit, and sighed.
"Sir, we're almost there." the driver said over the dictaphone.
"Take me to the Ani family house, I dont want to go to my place yet." he said as the driver swiftly reversed and drove on.
Soon they were in front of the Ani's family house, he took a deep breath of the lavender and roses scent that filled the air.
It was just like before, only now he appreciated it more. He got down without waiting for the driver to open the door for him.
He had been waiting for this day.
Time Warp; A year before
Eva twirled around in the dress, she loved it, it was a gift from Aunty Tolu and Usman's dad. She still wondered why she called him that. Maybe perhaps Usman looked like him.
She took in her form, long legs and a slight hourglass shape, she smiled as she caught the edge of her dress and danced around.
She felt carefree for once in her life as she picked her black robe and wig. Being called to bar wasn't a small thing plus her awards and all, her parents had fought tooth and nail with her to change her mind but she felt called to defend the defenseless, help the helpless, after all the one that saved her called her to it.
She looked at the dress again and sighed,her hair was cut short and she skipped the jewelry since her diagnosis of her allergy to metals and her conviction in her new found faith.
Her family thought her too radical but she knew she wasn't, in fact she was slacking in her duties, she still looked good and kept herself in the beauty zone.
Life wasn't the same since she met him, the one that loved her unconditionally and cared for her in her greatest fearful moment.
He touched her and saved when everyone gave up on her, he stuck by her in everything.
For this she was grateful and she would follow his will, her calling, to help those who needed help, defend those who needed it, get justice especially for the girl child and against rape and all forms of sexual abuse.
This was who she was, what she was called to do.
With that she wore the wig and robe and touched up her lips with gloss. The harmattan here was horrid but she was used to it.

3 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by DemiKOL(f): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
Nice one!
Thanks for the update!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nnnena(f): 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
wow. thanks dear
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by heemah(f): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thanks M'am
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Oluwakemi65(f): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2017
yes ma, I saved some rice nd chicken for u. wonderful update as usual. remain blessed.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Pls update now. Do you want me to invite SARS or Evans to kidnap you.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Hantonia(f): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2017
Update Update!!! Give Us Mawin Food O
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by frankline461: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2017
Nice one ma'am, keep it coming!!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ah sorry guys went to market to prepare for new year. Shout out to Frankline461, Oluwakemi, Olafimix, Nnenna, favch, heemah, emilykang... Hantonia and everyone today was stressful but I had to drop this.
The carved mahogany door was one of the legacies of the Ani family, no matter how poor or rich they are, it was a must they had such a door.
Chris didn't know why but he still followed tradition, he opened the door and saw his siblings playing, his immediate younger sister Esther was watching tv and eating popcorn, her eyes widened as she saw him.
She dropped the bowl of popcorn and shouted as she hugged him. "Bro Chris, bro Chris why? Why did you leave us like that? You never visited us why?" she said as she held onto him while the driver brought in the luggage.
"He has arrived abi?" he heard his mom say as she walked in dressed in a golden yellow guinea brocade gown, her hair was still in their little plaits.
He hugged her and they sat down, his younger brothers ran around him, touching his suit. His mom cautioned them angrily.
"Mom leave them, they haven't seen meeting for a long time." he said as one of them slipped on his lap.
"Okay then, this your suit is expensive and all, so get out of it.. I made your best dish, fufu and melon seed soup." she said as they hugged again. Esther was looking at him expectantly as they the children went upstairs.
As normal he brought gifts, a brand new Iphone for her along with cosmetics, and clothes.
He gave the boys gameboys and th latest PS, and they went on chatting.
The boys left earlier than Esther, who looked reluctant to talk.
"Estheri, wife of a king why are you so hesitant?" he asked while he changed into his T-shirt.
"Please I want to go to Capetown to stay with Aunty Eva, mum wouldn't allow me so I want you to plead with her." she said as she went on her knees.
"What! Why on earth would you decide to stay with Eva? Dont you know who she is..." he was interrupted by his mom's announcement that food was on the table.
Time warp: One year back contd
The legend of Queen Amina of Zaria was indeed an inspiring tale for any woman, that was the motto of serious girls here, but the most determined of all was Eva.
She wanted to make her life useful and stop being a selfish girl, she wanted to give back to others not everyone had the knowledge she had at fifteen. Many girls didn't even know birth control at all. She was appalled at the forced underaged brides and the level of low quality of education in the girl child while she was in St Mary, the people there were the elites.
But during her holidays to the market and other places she was disappointed Zaria was nothing like Abuja, the capital.
She loved the gaily coloured head covering, the festivities and the food, she had learned that life was about tolerating others even from her school days.
Thanks to Mariam, who was now a head specialist nurse at a big hospital in Kano. Answer she was married with three children, she didn't waste time when she discovered the love of her life.
She remembered the legend as the private car drove on, Queen Amina the warrior, on who led her men to battles, wasn't she scared? How did her men cope with having a woman leader? Didn't they feel inadequate?.
She later realised that when the seed of greatness in your life manifests whether you are any gender both male and female will serve you faithfully.
She rubbed her arms and covered her nose, the road jalopies were at it again they should be banned form the road, the cars looked older than the Nigerian nationalists sef.
They were already getting to the venue, she had wanted to go to Lagos for the event but she feared her mother's wrath and her father's anger. They were both terrifying, she was now an enemy although they still kept in touch.
She suspected they had a secret plan, but she didn't know what. She wasn't ready for the family trouble, she had had enough drama in her life.
She looked outside, and smelled the spices, the musty fermented kolanut leaves and fruits.
This was her home and she loved it.
Maybe I'll quadriple update lol
because soon it will be new year and road will be so jammed.
Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for dropping.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Hantonia(f): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ohk O Hpe U Bought My Own 2 Waitin
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by heemah(f): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
Still waiting for my Christmas chicken tho..
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 29, 2017
Hey everybody, as I really dont know how the holiday will be like for new year I'm adding extra three updates then i am headed to my hiatus. Heemah, favch and those that requested for chicken. Lolz u will get it soonest.
Chris picked at his teeth as he looked at the empty bowl, which was once ladled with food, his best meal. He had missed this, the aroma of the boiling chicken and turkey filled the dining which was adjacent the kitchen.
Esther was helping his mom, or else he would have talked sense into her. Did she realise the kind of lady Eva grew up as? Did she know that Eva was a devil, who manipulated her parents and then turned the blame against them.
Part of the reasons she was sent away was because of this behavior, his mother had explained one in particular.
Eva being the only girl and the fact that she could use the gas cooker gave her a lot of privileges and she misused them, that day her father brought some snake meat and some other exotic creature's flesh and kept it.
Unfortunately for Ness, she made a joke on wanting to eat the meat since it looks so nice. They had all joked about it and Elliot had narrated how he got the meat in South America.
Little did they know that the meat would cause such trouble, a few days after they discovered the meat was missing. At first they thought it was Eva, but from the moment the meat was brought, Eva didn't hide her disgust for it, so she was cancelled out.
It left only her mom and that was all it took for a major quarrel to break out. Elliot couldn't believe that his sophisticated wife would steal and Ness couldn't believe that her husband was blaming her for taking the meat.
They got to the point that Aunt Ness had to pack out because her husband was physically abusing her because of it.
It wasn't after three months, Eva came up to confess that she took the meat. Everyone felt furious with her, but that was what she was a spoilt brat, a liar, a deceptive lady.
Her reputation speaks about her and he hadn't a change of mind about it despite the Paris experience, she was still rude and proud.
Little did he know that things had changed, Eva was a new being. He leaned on the stuffed chair as Esther cleared the dirty dishes.
"Esther once you are done, I want to see you." he said as he took up the remote and checked around for something interesting to watch. As usual sports, Philippine and Telemundo movies and outdated documentaries filled the screen, some things never change.
He heard her sit across him and he gave her a small smile, his little sister was so big, soon a young man would come and the preparation for a wedding would begun in earnest.
He wanted the best for his sister, she would never end up like Eva. She was wearing her long hair in braids, daddy's girl who inherited her qualities.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2017
So chris finks he's beta ryt...... Let him continue.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Devil has the money ( A Novel) / TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.