Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (74080 Views)

Lesley Nneka Arimah Wins 2019 Caine Prize / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hmmm, Emma has been friendzoned lol
Watching to see what Eva n Chris relatnship turns out to become
Pls don't make her accept Emma,he shld take his love sum whr else
Continue pls
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by genius43(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
She should follow her heart
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by AryEmber(f): 6:06am On Jan 09, 2018
Ehn Ehn, berra now. Uncle Emma, sorry oh! I prefer Eva reject him now than a bad break up....but Eva is trying oh! I can't continue to love a dude that behaved badly to me oh!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
22nd October.
How did all things good turn so sour? How did the one you thought was a family turn against you?
All these thoughts roamed around Eva's mind, she pinched the bridge of her nose. The modest hotel Clara helped her with after her refusal to acknowledge bro Emma's feelings.
She had slipped gently away from the house yesterday after he had confronted her again, she wasn't ready to start a fight or get into a messy relationship either.
Only God knows what is really the best, if it was his will he would bring them together but if not then she would look for her life partner somewhere else.
She had left around eleven before midnight in the pretence of going out with Clara for wedding preparations.
They had allowed her and she felt sad to leave them but it was for the best. She leaned into the chair, the room was stinky with cheap perfume and sweat.
She looked at her contacts, and decided to call her father's side man to get her a better hotel accommodation.
The phone rang twice and the mechanical female voice gave the the number you are calling is not available at the moment please try again later.
She dropped the phone, a nagging thought inside her was yelling, "You see now, where is the useless Chris sef eh? Where is he? And you rejected a fellow brother, a friend, someone that was so close to you for three good years. How could you? Tell me." she cringed as she stood.
"But I dont love him like that and there is no clear word that we have any relationship except on platonic levels." she answered the voice in her head.
"God in heaven what is this now? Smelly hotel room, dirty curtains and I paid thirty thousand naira. They are going to refund my money. Or I'm going to sue them." she thought.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Pinkfeet: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
jadedgrace98 this one is toooooooooo short .
Eva follow what ur heart said
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
Thou d update is short I'll still commend ur work, u re doin well.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sorry about the small update oh. Yinks89, pinkfeet, AryEmber, genius43, favch this is for u guys encouraging me. I'll be doing the update all night. Favch welcome oh. I am dancing for you oh.lol. No mind me.
She picked up the phone this time after a series of heartfelt promises to her creator, she heard the sideman pick.
"Good afternoon, Miss Prescott." she smiled happily, as she answered back, whew! It seemed like the creator was smiling at her.
"I need a new hotel accommodation, in Ibadan." she said.
"I thought you were staying at a friend's place." he asked, Eva wanted to ask how he knew but he was a private investigator, so he knew everything including what she ate in the night.
She didn't need to tell him, he just knew. That was his job and he was good at it.
"Something came up." she said after she cleared her throat.
"Really? It should have, with the way both of you have been acting like lovebirds. Why did you run off?" he asked.
"Sir, that's my life and privacy I dont appreciate you snooping around." she said as she pulled on her short ponytail.
Her brown hair glowed under the light, she sighed as she twisted the hair into a bun. As she grew older she lost her African frizz hair.
At a time she had forgotten her American heritage or her grandparents in Milan. Her papa and mama, that was what she called them. They always sent her gifts despite all that went on.
She rolled her eyes as he murmured his apologies, it really wasn't his business anyway. They agreed on a five star hotel at Bodija. That way she was near her project and she could enjoy the market scene.
She always loved the rowdy markets, pricing foodstuff and clothes. She had gone to Gbaagi and she loved the aso-oke there.
Truly Nigeria had a rich textile industry, she saw another huge investment potential but with this project, her hands were full.
She packed her bags and closed the windows, she was glad when she received the message of notification for the hotel.
She opened the rickety "about to give way" door carefully. She then closed it shut, as she tried to lock it. The hotel maid was coming in with a towel, tissues and complimentary soap.
"Ma, so soon are you going?" the middle aged woman asked, her green and white check uniform and green apron looked awkward.
"Yes, I cant stand the place. The smell." she said as she hurried to carry her luggage.
The woman held the bags down and threw her a pleading look.
"Madam, its the soak away near you, let me tell our oga to change your room." the woman said as they both struggled.
"No need, I'm already leaving." she said firmly, while the woman yelled "Oga, oyinbo wan leave us oh." at first she gave the woman a strange look.
Then she almost died of laughter as she realised that she was the oyinbo, thanks to her mixed heritage.
She held her bag as the manager, a rather pompous man, round and short like a teapot. He was cleaning his bald head with a blue hanky as he walked in with his stiff green suit.
"madam, what is wrong here?" he asked no one in particular.
"It is the oyinbo. She is going." the woman pointed accusingly at her and Eva gave her a surprised look. So it was a crime to go now.
She turned to the manager who gave her a good look.
"Sorry ma, what is the problem pl..." the woman hadn't allowed the man to finish before she cut in.
"Oga pele ni tori soak away ni oh (oga dont be annoyed because of the soak away." she spoke in vernacular.
"Sir to be honest the room stinks i checked the other rooms in your supposed penthouse and it had that horrid smell. I could get diarrhea just remaining there." Eva said as she decided to take her stand.
The manager looked at her perplexed and after scratching his head, he led her to the lounge.
"Madam would you want anything to eat or drink?" he asked.
See me see trouble oh, where feaces was smelling. She gave him her angry look and he frowned before smiling again.
"Ma we apologise its just that the people who would pack and clean it weren't around." he said, Eva hissed and clapped her hands.
"You said the same thing yesterday, and today again I'm sorry please my refund and I'm heading out. Thank you." she said sharply ignoring the pleading look in the man's eyes.
The man started cursing those in charge of the cleaning and wasted thirty minutes calling them and apologizing profusely.
She rolled her eyes an hour later as she stepped out of the hotel with her money intact, she had thrown in a threat of a lawsuit.
Useless people always pissing her off.
She waved down a taxi, it was time to go to the high life and leave all this mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Dats more like it gurl.... Mor ink to ur pen.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
I want to use this means to apologize i haven't forgotten the free books oh. Its the processing and all, by early February I should be clear so I apologize.
28th October.
Eva smiled as she surveyed the new buildings that was constructed, they were top notch and the right hand man despite his poke-nose problem knew the best hands.
The officials from the various humanitarian institutions and government parastals were here to unveil the new project she and her best friend were working on.
She adjusted her gray blazer jacket and wore her sunglasses. Since her hair had lost her frizz and curls she was looking more white than African.
The said hair was in a bun and she opted for a touch of powder and lipgloss. She knew with her natural pretty self she would turn heads.
And she was, she looked at the massive crowd being addressed by Clara soon to be Mrs Michael Alade. She too wore a blazer jacket but hers was deep blue, with a daring low cut cami, matching pencil skirt that clung to her hourglass shape and low kitten heels.
She nodded as her fixed bob and earrings matched the actions, Eva left her with them. She needed to still check the facilities.
There were still some unfinished bedrooms and toilets but with the extra money injected into it. The men would work faster.
She was walking towards the sport facility when her eyes caught someone, her heart leaped into her mouth. Screw everyone, it was Emmanuel.
She held the wall and prayed he wouldn't see her but life is not that fair. It was never fair where she froze, he too saw her and walked to her.
Her legs were stagnant as she took in his starched white shirt and navy blue trousers. She managed to swallow the bile in her mouth as she shifted her gaze.
He stood besides her and leaned on the wall, crossing his arms across his chest.
"What are you doing here?" she asked after she recollected herself.
"hmm...since you have forgotten that I'm part of your planning committee." he said, and she slapped the heel of her palm on her forehead.
"Sorry." she could only say.
"Yeah so you ran off, blocked me and took off." he said accusingly.
Eva could only nod, how had he figured her so soon.
"Why?" that question tormented her.
"Why? What?" she asked back as she took a defensive posture.
"Why did you leave? Why did you block my number, my whatsapp contact, my fb account, my instagram, my twitter, like totally everything? Gosh I thought someone kidnapped you, you had me and my family so worried we were already headed for the police till my baby sister suggested we call Clara." he said and guilt attacks hit at Eva. She was ungrateful little brat always running from her problems instead of confronting them.
She gave a quivering smile, she wished she could hug him and he would comfort her but that would mean another thing wouldn't it.
"You could hug me Eva, no harm intended. I guess I came on too strong on you. I cant afford to lose this friendship." he said as she ran into his arms. The comforting smell of subtle sandalwood filled her, she had missed this. She had missed her friend, no her best friend he was so nice and understanding but he wasn't who she loved.
She felt tears drop from her eyes she didn't know why she held on still to the foolish notions that one day Chris would be hers for keeps.
But the stupid thing about the heart was that it beats for Chris, no other man, it was him.
Although she hadn't seen him in reality, pics of his success abroad had filled the news and women on social media were raving on who he was dating and all.
She felt Emma bring out his hanky as he cleaned her face. Her lips quivered furiously, it hurt so bad, she just wished she could let go, just get out and leave her past.
But it was there that burning passion, that little smile that popped out whenever she saw his pic that heartfelt feelings.
She knew with his recent status it was hopeless, he wouldn't even recognize her again. She gave a loud sob as Emma rocked her. She just wanted to leave without her heart, she just wanted to forget him and his promises. Why would people say you should follow your heart when the one your heart desires isn't even sure you exist.
Why? Why couldn't she be like Clara, a Cinderella swept off her feet by prince charming. She had it once but with the forced separation she couldn't blame him for dating other women afterall he is a man.
She looked at the shirt, gosh she had stained it with her tears and snot, she gave her best friend a shaky smile. She was going to take it step by step a little at a time to ensure she gets over him.
She would do that.
hey my people, i have been on Eva since no mind me, i want us to hear Chris too and his success story. Tell me what you think.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
[quote author=Jadedgrace98 post=64049398]Sorry about the small update oh. Yinks89, pinkfeet, AryEmber, genius43, favch this is for u guys encouraging me. I'll be doing the update all night. Favch welcome oh. I am dancing for you oh.lol. No mind me.
thank u dear, I would spray u money lol
Thank God Eva left, she took a wise decision
This recent update is one sided, what abt Chris he shld come fast b4 d fire of love quenches
Women show lots of emotions, wondering how many pple will b faithful in a long distant relationship esp when d relationship is not defined
Thanks for d mention honey pie
Gatya back, ride on pls
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
Yea, want to read on Chris POV too
Ride onnnn mam
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by genius43(m): 1:01am On Jan 10, 2018
Nice one, keep it coming ma
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by MZmitchelle: 6:09am On Jan 10, 2018
Good one. More data to your phone
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2018
Lets hear it also...
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lol I'm grateful for all the comments and readers oh, yes I drew this flashback from a friend's success story, wouldn't say his name but to encourage a bro, I'll mention the app, STYLISH. So android and window and any phone that use apps should go and download this app sharp sharp oh. It was also nominated as African young influential sorry abeg I forgot sha its a fashion social network app so go and get it especially if you love fashion.
Yes this is also dedicated to my creator, my lovely audience who are ever attentive and will download the app and tell me about it.
I am serious oh, good news that I am on my way to start publishing proper and all three books will be on Amazon, N and B, kobo but my main retailer will be smashwords.
I think I will also announce this on Facebook to and send emails, I have decided to give out all three abeg so the thing is that in three simple steps, you can obtain each free copies of all three.
1) I will send you a confirmation mail with link. If you are still interested do pm me.
2) In the mail along with any extra extra you will click the link that will lead you to my smashwords page.
3) by yourself and with just a few MBs you can get all three copies.
Favch abeg help me go to sophia's story and announce it too, maybe I'll mention them sef.
So that's it all the three books for you all for free with a link.
Adam held the system in front of the woman, would you think she would listen? Nah she wouldn't today was 23rd April 2007 and they were high to convince the computer genius that their Artificial intelligence program would work.
So far so good the woman in her red powersuit and with fiery red hair just commented on his eye color and their color scheme.
Chris was irritated past what he could bear and he decided to take a walk around.
The woman gave him a side glance as he took his excuse from her. This was his third year and soon he would be in his final year in his chosen field.
And he knew that once the artificial intelligence was accepted here at Intel he had little or no work to do in his end year.
But that was the problem, coming out with something innovative and new.
He walked out of the elegant techno themed office with motivational quotes on the walls. The fountain at the front spilt water inside the basin where it stood, it too, a computer was carved out of pure marble.
Everything hear screamed geek and computers, well the ladies were kind of different though.
He walked back in ignoring the flirtarious look he got from some female workers. He was here on a mission and he wasn't stepping down.
Adam was sitting staring at the air, and his hands supported his chin.
"Guy what did she say?" he asked.
"She said she had sent it before, that we Africans are fond of copying." Adam said angrily.
"hmm... Relax but is there really anything in this world that wasn't built on the basis of another invention." Chris said as he gave Adam his hand so he could stand and they could go.
Adam rolled his eyes, what was it and the stereotypes that was always bashing their way. That program was as original as it could be and despite her off attitude she was really impressed.
"should we go to the states and see the Microsoft head office there." Adam asked as they got outside, signs of spring was slightly showing itself.
They could do with less snow and cold and mores sunshine, chisel thought as they got a taxi.
What could they do now? They needed a stamp of approval to seal up their years of hardwork so it wouldn't end up in futility.
They sat in the taxi as the man played some radio music, which pounded Chris' brain. He was racking his mind on ideas that would shoot them into basic public approval.
He sighed as he caught the early afternoon crowd walking past coffee shops, pastries and bakeries and other shop owners.
He looked at Adam, who had fallen asleep. Surds the boy deserved to be stressed out after writing about 100 pages of programming language and they sitting nights drinking coffee and Trying to crack another alternative at less risk.
Then they were excited when they heard that the Intel Canadian had office wanted to meet them.
Chris thought luck and fortune had smiled at them, and they hurried with their materials and the system, only to be disappointed at the cold reaction of the woman in charge. He tapped his knee to a catchy tune, he heard it before and soon he was nodding.
All is not lost, he still had to get more ideas and work on them and introduce the artificial intelligence they created.
Now was to think of a game plan and that he was already doing. He leaned on the chair and gave a sad smile . He would prove his worth to all who knew him and those that would in future.
He would show himself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by temig(f): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
ride on jadedgrace
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by chisiudeh: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
I'm quite interested in the books. How do i get the link?
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lol wrote the beginning of the hot scene at Ness story.
Here is a link
https://mobile.facebook.com/Jade-Grace-stories-524304964611346/?view_public_for=524304964611346&_rdr
sorry if you cant use it. I'll try and paste in batches.
But the link would lead you to all the episodes, they are already twelve now how it had grown.
Here is the beginning...
THE ULTIMATE SEDUCTION OF MITCH.
Episode 12
When life throws you stones, the best way is to keep catching them and build a darn castle out of them- Jade Grace.
"Did you say something Mitch?" Ness said as she sat on her chair, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. She gave him a small smile, he thought he could tempt he hadn't seen a thing she would so tease him he'll be feeding off her hands. They were in the office, looking at the files. Vanessa has decided that the reward and risk attached to this case would only matter if she took action and that was what she was doing. She had woken up this morning in a different mindset, damn everybody who judged her for her actions. She was a full fledged adult and they should deal with it. She had taken the sensual bath, a special rose oil treatment she used when she wanted to look and feel her best. She had decided to ditch her wig, she had taken a comb and parted her short hair and made it into a single braid, that mimiced the "galas" haircut.Then she had selected her clothes, sheer lace white shirt that left little or nothing to the imagination and a black maxi skirt with a thigh high slit. After wearing a matching designer lingerie, she put on the shirt, it was an off shoulder, long sleeve and it hugged her...yum Mitch was going to get it. After putting on the skirt, she searched for her fishnet stockings, that was what she wore whenever she wanted to have fun at the clubs abroad, she loved this set in particular because of the tiny bows at each end. She sat down, wore the stockings and went to her vanity table, every woman should have it, that precious table that turned you from tacky to fabulous. And she was a woman, she loved fashion and the high life, she picked the toner, the scent of cucumbers filled the air as she opened it. Pouring a bit on her face, she cleaned off any further dirt and open pores. Next was the primer, just a bit, and a dash of foundation here and there. Rub it all in gently. There and now those hot cat eyes, although she had already there wasn't wrong in having it amplified, a double wing eyeliner. One stroke, two strokes and there no need for false eyelashes today, maybe another day then. Then the mascara, she picked a heavy one, and one brush her eyelashes were ready. Oh Mitch was so going to be shocked out of his cold perfect shell. She brushed her face with a light brown powder, that should keep it natural and then lip gloss. There was no need for tacky red lipstick, why on earth did they think having red lips were so seductive, just your natural color of lips coated in gloss should make any man mad. Well that was her plan, Mitch was going to go mad for sure with all the naughty things she had in store for him. She stood and went to the shoe rack, ah the perfect shoes, the two inch court pumps with open end. Those shoes made going to the court a lovely affair, you could easily guess how she won her cases. Dropping the shoes down, she slipped her feet into them and looked at herself and smiled. She looked innocent and beguiling, Mitch won't know what hit him.
***************************** And he didn't, she came in early and went about her work ignoring the wolf whistles and catcalls. She smiled as the familiar masculine scent passed her and she heard a sharp intake of breath. "Good morning Mr Prescott." she said as she dropped the files in her hand. He was staring at her, his jaw dropped and he was practically salivating. "What happened cat got your tongue?" she asked as she turned to face him. Mitch stared like that for about three minutes before he began stammering. "G...Good mo...morning" he managed as he held the door. "I can see that you are unable to articulate properly today sir." she said as she walked around giving him an eyeful. "Ye...No...N..." he said as she drew closer to him, his iris dilated as he noticed that her shirt was transparent. She bit her bottom lip and leaned in to his face. His reaction was instant as he gripped her back and pulled her into an embrace before lowering his lips and kissed her hungrily. Ness moaned as he pressed her against the wall, and began to grope her.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by chisiudeh: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sorry for not updating on time, being down since.
30th November.
Chris sat up from the bed and stretched, he looked at his recent bedding companion.
Her hair was dyed half grey and half black, her livery colored lips were wide open and she slept quite carelessly.
He stood up in disgust as he noticed her drool on his sheets, some people were just disgusting.
He took his boxers up and wore them, normally he would wake up to another hot round but a girl with scattered hair and drool framing her face was a big turn off
He went to the bathroom, he had rented a small apartment with Adam after getting a small IT job at the local town, the job wasn't overbearing and he still had time to read, work and play dirty.
He washed his face in the basin, despite fitting the tap to a radiator the water was still cold.
Anyway it was November, and he had gotten used to it.
He then turned on the hot water, stripping to his essentials he hopped in, and took a nice bath, before he proceeded to shave.
He was already back in the room dressing when the lady sat up looking as groggy as an hapless drunk, her clothes were scattered on the floor and she was so disoriented that she asked the drawer where she was.
Naturally this would be a cause for laughter but Chris had an early morning lecture, he would just let the tart get herself together and get out.
The girl yawned again and managed tottering around before seeing him dressed in blue and green stripped polo shirt and woolen trousers.
"Hey, you Chris?" she slurred, the girl was still drunk. She waved at him and fell down with a drunken smile.
"Yes I'm Chris and you got class in two hours Alexis so get yourself together before you disgust me further." he said snidely.
"But you screw so well." she said as she tried to no avail to stand. Chris was in no way ready for drunken drama, so he went out of the room.
Adam on the other hand was going through a Bible, the ever religious faithful boy. He had grown himself a good beard though that was a sure hit with the ladies, though it seemed obvious that he wasn't interested at all.
He greeted him and went to make himself hot half coffee, half hot chocolate. They were the bitter treatment he needed to keep awake, Adam had eaten judging by the smell of fried egg and toast bread.
He shrugged off the hunger as the hot liquid burned his throat harshly. He quickly downed the mixture making himself another before he carried his backpack.
He gave Adam the "be careful i have a wild one in my room this morning" look. Adam only nodded and went back to his reading.
He went out but not before grabbing his heavy insulated coat, the cold in Ottawa could kill, but he heard the northern part of Canada was even worse. He dreaded working there already.
The line of ubers awaiting passengers on a snow free day, made Chris' smile and Nigerians back home will be saying their fellows in diaspora were better than them.
He got into one and gave directions to his college, he was soon in class at the front seated with glasses framing his face as he wrote whatever the professor said and typed on his system.
"Many atimes, we pass through any phases,omen this also applies in system management." Chris mind wandered as he though of someone he hadn't though of for years Eva.
Who would have known she would still be in his mind? She would have moved probably be a good player at school, have tons of boyfriends and have the high life and she was obviously having fun with her family and friends.
She didn't even try to reach him, was it him or was she just like any of the other girls despite her being his first lover.
He couldn't wrap his brain around it and dropped the theory like a hot potato.
Shifting his attention back to class, he turned to taking notes and planning his next lay.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by OLAFIMIX(f): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks for updating. cool cool more please
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hey olafimix, thanks for commenting.
Updates may come soonest, readers will have the chance to have all three books i had mentioned in sophia's story. If you dont have any idea but you would like a free story. Pm me or go on Facebook to like jade grace stories and lets talk.
Ness story is progressing and airtel with emotional issues are pulling at me. Buh after this post I'll be posting more often. I hope.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
PRESENT
Have you ever felt like someone was watching you? Trying to find a fault in what you do.
That was how Eva felt after the new year celebrations and all, she had decided to take Esther along.
To her shock Chris refuted her claims and told his mom to send her packing. Shocking.
Why on earth would Chris act like that? He was acting so immature and she was on the verge of calling him out on his attitude. But instead she fixed another holiday for the rather disappointed Esther and went to get her things to leave.
She went home briefly to check on her parents and brothers. It was there and then trouble began to unfold.
She had packed her things in her small black trolley suitcase, dressed in a warm turtleneck and jeans with tights. She was ready to face the cold there again. She already had calls and appointments on ground.
Ness looked up from where she read her magazine, being a senior advocate had its perks plus being married to a renown chancellor and titled man had too.
She had her own faults at the beginning of their relationship building it around falsehood and deceit.
And then when she was apprehended she jumped the gun and ran off.
Unfortunately, though she had known who Elliot Mitch Prescott was or the kind of family he came from, she was still stubborn enough to try to elude him.
He had caught up with her and since that time, lets just say she was lucky to be alive and her life would never be the same.
She took a sip of hot chocolate in her cup, and gave her daughter a longing look.
"Eva if I say I am not proud of the beautiful, independent and ideal woman you are now. I would be joking." she said before taking another sip.
"Hmm... Thanks mom." Eva answered not sure where the situation was heading to. Her mom never praised anyone for no good reason in fact they were friendly enemies on peaceful terms.
"Chris has been back..." her mother paused for an effect, Eva sat upright.
"And with his playboy attitude, he would need a wife sooner than we all know or else his incessant relationship will end up with bringing wild oats from different women." she continued amidst small sips.
Eva looked at her as she gulped the already warm chocolate, and dropped the cup.
The lavishly furnished living room with huge plush sofas and settee, expensive carved elephant tusk table, Persian rugs, paintings and all the rest.
After they had surveyed the new furniture for the family, the man of the house had gotten for the New Year.
"We have thought about how to end this predicament? Perhaps a marriage of convenience will suffice." she spoke as her little nose pointed in the air.
"With which miserable lady will that be?" she asked already pitying the girl.
"There is no miserable anything? The girl simply is you. You are one of a kind and..." she cut her mother shut.
"Mom dont i deserve happiness, to fall in love and marry my husband?" Eva asked her as she took to standing.
"I thought you guys were quite close and as the first lover he has the right to take you as his wife." Ness said.
"Mom I cannot marry a man who doesn't love me or care for me. Mum Chris has changed and for worse. He cant even stand my presence like i am some form of contaminant." she said as she stood.
She had expected this but not Chris, of all people that hated her guts. She gave her mom a good hard look.
"Mum at this point i have something to say. I dont want to have anything to do with Chris Ani. Did you realise that those six years had torn us apart and made us into different people with different views to life. Also mom I have a personal conviction that I shouldn't have anything to do with him. We dont have the same beliefs." she said as she paced around almost making a footprint on the carpet.
"Look at the time, you should be heading for your flight." Ness quickly absconded the topic at hand especially because she spoke on religion.
Eva sighed and hugged her mom she wished she had brought more friends along, but the moments and events, places were in her heart. Sharing them in pictures may not be enough.
"okay mum please extend dad and also thank you for the presents." Eva said as she took up her bag and travelling bag.
She went out of the house appalled at who her parents want to marry her.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
"How would you like your tea ma'am?" Eva looked at the secretary in dismay.
Well because she didn't have a secretary before she left for Nigeria but to her surprise she had left her apartment shaken to the core.
When her amazingly small office with a staff of three became a whole building with twenty staff.
She nodded and asked her to bring plain lemon tea.
Anything else would make her vomit. The staff was well informed though and they needed only a little guidance on her own part.
She was stuck with planning schedulings and meetings. There was a particular troublesome case at hand. A woman trying to divorce a popular actor, who in addition with his acting prowess had boxing and wife beating skills.
The poor woman wanted out but the man who wanted to save his stellar reputation was bent on keeping the marriage.
The meeting with his attorney was the first on her busy list. She needed the tea, a good bearing on her environment before she called him in.
"Please call in Anthony for me, Brenda." she managed remembering the new secretary's name.
The lady stood and ran off quickly, this must be the work of her father or her grandparents. This was the supposed New Year gift.
She had expected a new car at the most, not a whole urban buildingwith staff and furnishing.
Well was proven right when her granny popped in at the office.
At seventy and five, Elaine Sapphire Prescott never aged. She looked so upbeat dressed in a classic black turtleneck and a fine silk knee length skirt. Her long platinum blond hair was given a side braid and her makeup flawless.
Many news and magazine tabloid came into conclusion that Granny Elaine as she is fondly called had found the elixir of youth.
She walked towards the unknowing grand daughter of hers who was already arguing out of the law court.
She tsked as Eva jumped around and hugged her, the telephone conversation was probably on hold. She hoped.
"Granny!!" Eva yelled as she cut the phone, Emma would understand that she was having a family time now, they had been arguing about the Soweto waste plant factory.
She inhaled the pleasant honeysuckle and lavender scent her granny always wore. It fitted her personality.
Elaine's grey eyes flitted around the office as Eva called Brenda to get her some refreshments.
"Granny Elaine, why on earth would you get me a whole building for New Year?" she asked as Brenda greeted her granny cheerfully.
"well my little baby is getting an award recognition for her charity work or so I heard and you know how much I love my grandchildren especially you." Elaine said, as she brushed her hair aside as she sipped the tea.
Eva wondered how her dainty hands ever held a gun, but she knew her granny killed and tortured but she was the best granny to her little ones.
"Well an award, I haven't heard of it yet?" she said quietly as she sipped her own left over tea.
"Well princess like I said I overheard it so how was Nigeria? And your Papa and Mama and Julian, Max and Matthew." the woman said the mama part with a little disdain.
Eva sighed whatever happened to her parents' past was really straining, Ness had never visited Milan and she avoided any talk on her in-laws.
"Granny they are well, Nigeria is just Nigeria. How is Sugarsprout?" she asked for the overpampered pooch always feeding off her granny's hand.
"Oh Su isn't here, she's getting splayed. I'm tired of nursing puppies you know." her granny gave a tired look and slumped on the seat for an effect.
She loved her granny too much, they chatted and ate before the woman left. Eva went back to work happily.
"Emmanuel, you must be joking. I want that sewage plant, all of it." Chris said, as he rummaged through his files.
"Eva isn't listening here Chris. She isn't giving me an option." he said tensely.
"So screwing what! Cant you get her to change her mind?" Chris said as he saw a couple of files and the secretary ran in to fix the chaos.
Chris ran his hand through his afro curly hair angrily. If this was karma biting him hard on his behind he would so agree.
Emma launched into a series of confusing legal tinders and he felt like telling the man to shut up. But for the fact that Emma was a close friend almost a husband to be of Eva.
He was so jealous when he heard their history, so that was why he approached him to get at Eva. Now things were racing out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by AryEmber(f): 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice J, keep 'em coming!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by oly0511(f): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
I was wondering what happening to this our story anyway nice update like always
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by genius43(m): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice one. But Chris's part is confusing me a bit though
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
Whr is grace come n share in my joy,CU's am intoxicated with joy
Ride on mam,
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks Aryember,favch,genius43
He decided that come heaven come hell he was going to Cape Town tomorrow. He called his PA in, the ever smooth and efficient Walter, the young man had been able to cope with him and his quirks even better than all the ladies.
Walter gave him a nod, and soon a cup of coffee, a tray of chamomile sugar and a spoon was in front of him. He worked at keeping the burning liquid down his throat.
"Walter, get me a ticket to SA, and also book a hotel there in Cape Town. I want it now." he said curtly and Walter left the scene immediately.
He went back to checking the charts, he was making enormous progress here at home. He had turned the Satellite town in Ikeja to a silicon valley.
And his work in Garki was moving along nicely, he just really needed that spot in SA to get him moving.
He was still working hard at his system when Adam came in, the man had grown over the years. Still fit but less tense it was obvious his wife Praise was the key behind it.
The same lady he had left behind in Nigeria had become his bride happily and they had two children twins, and they vaguely reminded him of Ness and Gina.
He sat down and took another cup fixing his own coffee, a case of files in his hands. He was going to say something when the phone rang.
He eyed the contact when he saw the caller was his mother, he looked at Adam who was already hard at work. He reclined in his chair after the first failure with Intel, he stumbled on Soconnect, the hottest social network.
He remembered that day at the cafeteria, when they were waiting in line a group of Mozambique students were complaining of insecurity, lack of privacy, uncensored insults, and all sorts of crimes going on the different social networks. Twitter was butchered, Instagram was sliced well Facebook was damaged beyond repairs on their table even Pinterest was not spared.
He then had an idea, to target his market at this points, he needed to do a field research on what people really wanted out of the social media.
With that he created Soconnect, a social platform where business, pleasure and privacy, a little copying from all platforms and building up on it with Adam's anti-hacking skills.
They launched their first project, he was skeptical at first but Adam assured him that it would blow up the earth and it literally did.
He stood up from the chair, picking the coffee mug. He heard the shuffling of papers from Adam's angle and noticed the small gold wedding band.
His mind backtracked to why his mom was calling him, a constant reminder that he wasn't getting old and he needed a wife.
Worse of all, they all pointed at Eva, that name brought shudders through his body. She was everything good now according to his family although he was yet to see it. She was back to her charity job, so unlike the Eva who he expected to be a conniving cheat like her father.
Instead because of her new belief she was now a hero, a hero standing as an obstacle to getting the sewage plant.
Adam sighed and gave him a helpless look.
"Are you going to stand there and sip coffee all day? We have work to do." he waved the papers in the air.
"Chill man! You deserve all the work when you ditched for a two months honeymoon." Chris said teasingly.
Adam shook his head and nodded."We both agreed that I was taking a three month leave and in absence you will take care of the company." he said.
Chris gave a big yawn and slumped in his chair, Adam gave him a questioning look.
"I'm tired, my parents are bugging me to get married." he said as sleep almost took his eyes despite the strong coffee he took.
"Really? What's wrong with getting married?" Adam asked, he was tired of his friend's use and dump attitude.
"I dont want to be tied down to a single woman at this young age. I have a lot of life ahead." he said shrugging.
"A lot of hearts to break and money to waste and pregnancies to abort abi?" Adam asked slyly.
Chris got annoyed at him, what is with everybody forcing him to do what he doesn't want.
"Mind you I'm a grown man." he replied tensely.
"With a brain of a teenager." Adam finished the sentence for him.
"Not everyone can be like you Adam, and you have long lost love so you shouldn't be complaining." he accused.
Adam shrugged and winked at him. "Relax, I was just trying to point out that your reputation may not be so stellar."
"Because I'm not married." Chris spat the married like a bitter medicine.
"No, because you keep jumping from bed to bed, woman to woman and lady to lady." Adam said frankly.
"So what if I am testing the ground for the one." he said.
"We all know there is no iota of truth in what you just said. So quit the romantic sentiments Chris. Serena was the last girl you slept with yesterday, I count ten girls backwards, who you dont even remember their names. But I do, because all you think is lust for their body." Adam hit a sore point.
"Damn you Adam. You make me sound like a greedy manwhore." Chris stood taking an aggressive stance against Adam.

3 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 18, 2018
genius43:
Nice one. But Chris's part is confusing me a bit though
dont worry I'll be explaining it as the story goes on.

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2018
oly0511:
I was wondering what happening to this our story anyway nice update like always
dont mind me oh. I'll be updating soon.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2018
AryEmber:
Nice J, keep 'em coming!
thanks hw is school AryEmber?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) / Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.