Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (74125 Views)

Lesley Nneka Arimah Wins 2019 Caine Prize / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Honeydawealth(f): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2017
Jadedgrace I must confess u're a wonderful writer and above all I luv d fact dat u are consistent wit d updates.
I luv u and ur stories!! More pllsssssss....
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by AryEmber(f): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
See pot calling kettle black, shio! Nice one Grace.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by emilykang(f): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
So interesting
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Gloryejims(f): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
Y'all shouldn't blame Chris....he's ignorant of the fact that she has changed... Probably when he sees he he'll still doubt it.
You can't expect someone who knows u to be bad for a long time, to just come back after 6 years and think you're good...
By the way, keep it coming grace... More inspiration to your thoughts.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by itsandi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Interesting update...Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Enjoy
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Oluwakemi65(f): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
interesting... thank u ma cool
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2017
Lol u guys have come for Chris abi? No problem then. Shout out to Aryember, Oluwakemi65 and everyone else. May this new year be favorable.
Chris looked at his little sister again, she gave him an impatient look it seemed that she had something to do or rather someone to meet.
"Yes Esther, I called you here to talk to you. Do you really know who you want to spend your holiday with uh?" he asked and the girl gave him her most bewildered look.
Esther was thinking how her brother could talk like this, didn't he know who Aunty Eva was, wasn't she family. She was here so far so good while he was super absorbed in his ladies and money.
"Of course bro, isn't it Aunt Eva we are talking about here." she asked as she tucked in her dress under her legs.
"I know who she is and why would you want to spend the holidays with her..." they were interrupted buh Sophia,who walked in speaking happily to someone on the phone.
"Esther, Eva said she's free and you can come by nextweek." she said happily, as she brushed back her hair.
Esther was about jumping around excitedly when her mom cut the line and Chris stood angrily.
"Mom what nonsense is going on here?" he said agitatedly.
"Ah Chris, I didn't tell you Eva is visiting this weekend, Esther will be going back with her for the holiday." his mom said happily, wait what was going on, why was his mother excited about her visit.
Last time he checked everyone had a duel with Eva. Something fishy was on.
Time Warp: Three years before
Eva was going through her notes as the diligent student she was, the case of T. Braithwaite vs Federal Government was so broad, only God knew how the case went sef.
She looked at the time in her phone and she felt hungry, school life wasn't sparing no one she had cornflakes for breakfast and then small rice, she dared not leave school for Aunty Tolu's place but she still had some foodstuff, maybe if she made yam and stew that would help her through her exams.
She stood up and closed the gigantic book, this lawyer thing sef if not that she loved it, headache would have finished her life.
She brushed off the fallen leaves , she was reading in front of her rented flat she couldn't stay in the hostel because of her illness and allergies.
She was going into the compound, when something prompted her to check outside, she walked to the narrow gate, as normal people were talking, selling and the smell of fura filled the air. She was just about moving back when she saw a man running out of the bush made upon thorny leaves.
He looked around fearfully before takin to his heels. She wanted to alert the landlord that someone was urinating in the bush.
When she heard a slight moan, she moved closer to the bush and her eyes teared up angrily.
A girl of about ten, lay there breathing slowly, her clothes were neatly arranged at the side, buh her face was battered badly, looking down Eva saw her body was bruised too, signs of nail scratches and bite marks and the most awful sight was her bleeding from her private part.
She shouted horrified and people hurried around her, some women quickly covered up the girl, she was the Saunna's daughter and to all and sundry in broad daylight she had just been raped.
happy new year in advance, you guys are too much. What can I say? Lol.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by chisiudeh: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2017
Happy new year dear in advance. God bless you.
Abeg more updates.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Hantonia(f): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2017
Haa Dis Is Smal O Tanks Thou
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by itsandi(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2017
Interesting update smiley Enjoy interesting Christmas themed stories, poems, articles, etc on Tushstories

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by MZmitchelle: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2017
Chai, Jade nice one. But this jollof is small
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 1:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
Dats wah made her become a human right lawyer
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Oluwakemi65(f): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
Awww thank you ma. Happy New Year to you dear. You made my 2017. Remain blessed.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by niffyluv(f): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
I love this story BTW pls update it...thanks
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year everyone. This is the update for the new year, left the school days for Eva to make this... You have been warned. We will be going back and forth till we get to the meeting, sorry if i get you confused.
Time warp: Present
"Happy New Year!!!!" Eva said as the fireworks blew in the air, she hugged Esther and everyone as they jumped around excited at the moment of joy of seeing the new year.
Sophia was grinning from ear to ear as Chris managed to say the greeting as Eva hugged him enthusiastically. It was obvious the lady was overjoyful but Chris was still playing the suspicious card against her. Since the time Esther had talked about going on holiday with Eva in SA.
They all greeted more friends and families. Eva and her family went to take pictures under the fireworks. The party was already on the go, as the DJ who was her husband's student was already playing wild music and some of the children including Gina's children were dancing and jumping through the garden.
Eva went into the kitchen with Sophia, her mom was already serving the small chops mainly puff puff, samosa, fried fish. The smell saturated the air, and she heard someone already splashing into the pool which was adjoined to the garden.
Sophia hugged her happily as they brought out the plates of rice, which consisted of ofada, fried and jollof, different assorted meat, chicken both fried and roasted, a whole cow was slaughtered for the feast.
The Nwaifos, Anis and the other families swayed to the music, Dan was still occupied with the fireworks while Chris played with his cousins' children.
The kitchen gleamed thanks to judicious cleaning Eva had made after they made the meal. She had come on Friday, and she settled down happily, Chris was perplexed because she wasn't really what he expected.
She wore a pale cream turtleneck sweater and a navy blue A-line knee length skirt. She was glowing happily as she discussed how she was helping other women and the girls where she was.
She also sighted how women were looked down and maltreated everywhere in the world. Even the so called white that brought civilisation had their defects. So it seemed no one is perfect, we all had to work to it.
Eva smiled happily as she took the pictures of people cutting the new year cake, this was the fun she had missed for six years. She would never throw this away, she felt one of the Nwaifo's little boys, tugging at her dress, she carried the six year old boy and gave her younger sibling.
"Aunt Eva, I want cake..." the boy was interrupted when Chris came in, glaring at her. She was taken aback and she felt her heart grow cold, really who did he think he was? Was he because he was rich and more attractive? She ignored him and took the boy to the table where the delicious happy new year shaped cake was cut up.
The boy licked the icing sugar off her hand happily, and pouted as she put the cake in a plate.
"Eva drop my nephew." Chris said as he appeared behind them.
Eva rolled her eyes at him surprised at his childish behavior, she held the boy and faced him squarely. The little boy was eating the cake oblivious of the tension that was growing between the adults.
Chris realised her defensive stance and withdrew himself and left. Sophia ran in, and hugged Eva before asking.
"Hope Chris didn't hurt you?" she looked at her face sadly.
"No, I dont know what he was wrong with him." she asked, Sophia gave her a pleading look as they went back to bring the next tray of chin-chin and bottles of zobo.
"I am so happy to see that all of us saw this year, you have become an amazing woman, Eva. The work you have done is so exemplary and you have become a role model." Sophia said as they arranged the bottles on the buffet table.
"Thank you. Its God." she said politely, she saw Chris glaring at her.
"Really Chris should get hold of his nerves what is his problem?" Sophia said as she moved to tap him, her glowing gold dress reflected the Christmas light.
She went to him, as she tapped his shoulder angrily and he shot her an apologetic glance.
"Mom, what are you doing here?" he asked innocently.
"Why are you staring at her? Why aren't you dancing and eating like everyone else?" she asked as she dragged him away reluctantly.
He still kept his eyes on Eva like she was serving the guests poison and they were eating happily.
He gave her a glare when she caught him and gave him an amused look.
"Mom, I am suspicious of Eva and you know that." he said.
"Really? Why? Because the last time I checked she had a clean slate here." she said crossing her arms across her chest.
Eva walked up to them, in her pale blue body con dress and blue heels. She walked elegantly and she was getting admirable glance.
She gave her a huge smile, and screamed."Aunt Sophia I just got an appointment with BBC, i have been trying to get with them."
Sophia hugged her. The year was starting nicely for them. But Chris was staring unhappy and confused.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Gloryejims(f): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
I seriously don't understand this recent post... When did Eva come back?
When was the party?
How did everything start??
I'm confused...
Jadedgrace98 Pls explain

1 Like

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
Gloryejims:
I seriously don't understand this recent post... When did Eva come back?
When was the party?
How did everything start??
I'm confused...
Jadedgrace98 Pls explain
okay gloryejims, i will try and edit the story or put dates. This is an impromptu post, and earlier on Eva's arrival to take Esther was discussed by Sophia. As for the party dear the new year spirit got to me, so I hope I cleared the air. Thanks for speaking up dear.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
niffyluv:
I love this story BTW pls update it...thanks
thanks.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
I am back oh, even though no one welcomed me. Anyway here are two updates: cc: EvaJael, Nnenna, Olafimix, pweetyz,Frankline461,Debbieranking,blessedgold,MZmitchelle,Ibrahim79mantu,Hantonia,AryEmber,DemiKOL,genius43,favch,jackpot,Yinks89,heemah,pinkfeet, gloryejims,cbella and everyone else happy new year.
Oh and we are back to the rape incident.
Time warp; 14th October 2007.
Eva looked around as the crowd gathered around the girl's body, they were all sympathetic, Saunna was a good woman, she sold bread in the local bakery.
Soon the girl was covered briefly by some women, and she was taken out of there, Eva shivered in shock she didn't realise that she had walked into the cleared pathway, she saw two hundred notes about six hundred naira in total was folded. It was near the clothes of the girl and she shivered again.
She ran out still clutching the money, it was clear to all that the money was a bid to get the little girl, she moved closer to the mud walled houses, were some women were comforting Saunna.
"Aii, Saunna please we will find out who it was?" she heard an elderly woman say, as the mother wailed as her daughter laid lifeless.
The little girl Amina, was rushed to the university's clinic, being a student of the university had its perks and Eva was only glad to extend the favour to the little girl in need.
She sat beside the girl on the cycle and she sighed, her little face was contorted into a face of pain and strands of brown and bleached hair flew around her face.
"Oh Dear God, dont let little Amina die like this." she prayed quietly as she wrapped her head in the blue cotton scarf.
They arrived at the clinic and she sighed as the nurses ignored the couple who had brought the girl she had stayed behind to pay the cycle driver and give him orders to stay.
She went to the counter and showed her id card, she gave the nurse a knowing look, anyone in Ahmadu Bello University knew her
. The nurse glared at her before leading them to the doctor as she yelled that they shouldn't spill blood on the floor but Eva ignored her.
The doctor was someone who was kind enough and had seen such cases, he handled it professionally and got the nurses in tow as they cleaned the girl and
tested her for infections.
The girl had woke up, and her eyes were tearing up. "Walahi, Baba." she said in a shaky voice.
Eva threw the couple a warning look, she had told them about the money and what might have transpired between the two of them.
"Who is he?" her mother asked as the nurse came in, looking pitifully at the girl.
"Alhaji Tukur, the butcher in the market." she said as tears dropped and began flowing.
The scene was so moving that Eva didn't notice when tears fell on her cheeks and she tasted the salty flavour of her tears.
This was wrong was this poverty? Was this ignorance? Was this greed? She wasn't sure, she didn't know but all she had was a burning desire to end this, to put a stop to this.
She gave the doctor a side glance he too was overcome with emotions, they all stared into mid air, each one lost to his thoughts.
"Luckily, she only got syphilis and nothing else. You had better thank the Greatest One that she isn't HIV/AIDS." the doctor said, it seemed many of such victims ended up that way.
Eva cringed as they gave her some drugs and she paid the bill, the couple looked at her in wonder.
"May the Benevolent One bless you." she heard the man say as they arrived at the house again, she suddenly remembered her books and exams.
But she was tired after comforting the girl and her parents and refusing kolanuts a number of times and then taking a bottle of kunu she left for her apartment.
She felt her head pound, how could one be so inhumane? How would the nation develop if the girlchild suffered like this? Who was to blame the clerics? The family? The girls or the perpetrators?
These questions burned the back of her head as she picked up the case file, she went through some other cases, they were all blurry.
At this point her mind trailed to the imaginable, where was Chris? How was he? He had never attempted to call or say hi. Did he ever reach to his family?
She decided to shake off thoughts about Chris, he was the past, her past this was a new Eva. A smarter and more purpose driven Eva, this Eva will make an impact in society.
We all have our role to play, the day we stop blaming government and people around us and take up solving our problems, the sooner the societal problems are solved- Jadedgrace98

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by favch(f): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
Honey mi, don't vex i travelled to villa n network is like a diamond there
My travelling was sudden, if i come back I'll let u know
Well-done,
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by MZmitchelle: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
Happy new year Jade. Please, Chris should better behave. Who does he think he is?
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
I am not vexing favch, aunt MZMitchelle happy new year.
Eva woke up as she felt the breeze harmattan in the air, and nothing could stop it. The event of the day before flashed through her memory. She gave a huge sigh as she rolled down out of the bed.
She went to the washbasin near her bedroom and washed her face, wearing a knitted cap, she bowed her head to pray after thanking God and seeking his guidance, she stood searching around for food, the kunu winked at her suggestively there was no way she was going to drink that early in the morning before her exams.
She went back to her room and knelt under her bed, she brought out a yam tuber already halved and two tins of tomato, the oil tin was still functional, so it meant it was yam and stew for breakfast.
Or maybe yam pottage, she took the items and left for the kitchen.
Whoever thought yam pottage wasn't filling was lying, Eva waddled in her white shirt and black pencil skirt, she still drank the kunu though.
She went out greeting the neighbours, and talking with Garba, the one who sold onions and yams. They talked about the unfortunate incident and that now alhaji Tukur would pay the full brideprice of her head and would marry her, because he had brought shame on the family.
Eva was taken aback, seriously he was supposed to be cooling off his heels in jail. Not this, he would just be gaining another wife, spoiling another soul and acquiring more mouths to feed, the vicious cycle of poverty.
Eva decided it was time to act, she thanked the man and picked up her phone.
"Eva Prescott speaking." she said as she called on her dad's side man.
"Ha Miss Prescott, any favors I can do?" he said as his deep voice boomed even in the midst of the noise of children going about.
"Yes I need a location in Dutse, Zamfara, I need an office, and get me in line with the secretariat for women affairs." she said as she ducked a flying tomato, what da... She gave the child that threw it a fierce look, he instead gave her a sheepish one and took off to his heels in just pant.
She almost shrieked with laughter as the man ended the call , she decided to call Clara, that lady had fast become a motivational speaker she spoke on her troubles and how she moved on from molestation. Her aunt was currently in jail for child abuse and impending 14 years for lesbian rape.
She decided to video chat her, she ducked around the broken mud walls, and dodged the chattering women wrapping kolanut in the leaves.
She was already in a taxi when the network came on again so she got through, she sighed happily as her bosom's friend, screamed happily at her, her caramel skin glowed through the skin and her hair was a chin length bob.
"Baby where have you been all this while?" Clara yelled as Eva tried to reduce the volume on her phone.
"School." she said briefly as she used her hands to describe the direction she was going to.
"Seriously, I am in school too and I try to keep in touch." Clara accused her, her pale orange lips pursed thoughtfully.
"Okay, I am bad and all but I've been so busy. Anyway i called to see you like we have to meet." Eva said as she smoothed her dress.
"Bae, chill what's up?" Clara noticed her nervous expression.
"Um I think I have this idea that would actually benefit a lot of girls, so I want us to look into it...lets say Friday." she rushed her words.
"Cool I like that. So where? Cause I am not coming to Zaria oh." Clara said shaking her head.
"I'll be going to Ibadan, on Thursday to help some people out with some twisted case and also as a student lawyer its like I'm bound to do it." she said as the old driver gave her a questioning look, they had gotten to the school gate.
She got down and paid him.
"Ibadan it is then. Oh I am so excited to meet you again."Clara gushed as Eva joined the crowd of students hurrying around.
"Me too, bye gotta go." Eva blew her an air kiss as she returned the gesture and the phone went blank.
Emmanuel was supposed to be a candid man, true and all but somewhere along the line, he got messed up and now he has feelings for Eva, his best friend for three years who was strutting to him with a huge smile.
God he was in love with her although she didn't notice. It seems there was one guy in her heart who wasn't him though she never said anything.
Her unique half-caste beauty put her on his most wanted scale but she wouldn't even notice. He wasn't ready to lose their friendship, but he wanted her by his side at all times.
"Hey bro Emma." Eva said as they shook hands.
To Eva, Emma was like a gentle twin, he was quite her opposite gentle, persistent, he was handsome too, judging ny the jealous look she always got when they were together.
"Hey sister Evaline."he said jovially as they walked to the hall talking animatedly about what they had studied.
Life would never give you what you deserve, it would give you what you work for

4 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by AryEmber(f): 2:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Sorry Jade, I've been a little busy but that's not an excuse. You are doing great by the way, I like that Eva learnt from her mistake and is now focusing her energy on something positive. A love story is only complete for me when it's not all focus on the couples' love life, solidly behind you!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by genius43(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Welcome back Jadedgrace98, Happy New Year to you and your family.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
17th October 2007.
Eva melted as she felt the sun hit her, the change in weather conditions from north to west always left her in a big mess.
The journey from Zaria to Ibadan was tasking and also weather changing, seriously she walked further, the harmattan had begun already while here was like a blazing furnace.
She licked her lips as she tried to get a taxi, the small floral scarf she used to drape her head.
After waiting a few minutes she got lucky and greeted a rather old driver, she was used to speaking the Yoruba dialect thanks to Aunty Tolu, who was always speaking to her in either that or hausa.
"Well look who we have here." Eva turned surprised to see Emma behind her, wait oh did he follow her.
"Emma what are you doing here? Like at my back." she stuttered as she took in his large frame as they hugged. They had both ended the exams two days back and she had told him she was travelling in hope that he would follow her, since this was his state and hometown.
Emma gripped the scarf and he spoke to the taxi driver who changed expression and soon they were on their way. He gave her a sorry look.
"I know I should have been more honest. I didn't know if I had enough transport and I didn't want to be a parasite to you, so I denied going as soon as you left my mom sent me some money." he said as the driver took a sharp turn.
"I'm okay, Emma so where am I going because this is not the way to the hotel I booked." she gave him a curious look.
"Yes, get that hotel booking cancelled because you are staying at my family's house. My parents have been anticipating your arrival, I told them I'll catch up with you." he said as he brushed off a few leaves as they passed an avenue shaded with trees.
"Um! I really dont know. I cant be a leech because I am your friend, you know I love my independence." she said as she gave the estate a good look.
"Really? Leech? My bestie." he said surprised.
"Maybe...you dont think it that way, but that would be rather impolite of me, you know to just turn up at their house like that." she said as the taxi took them further.
Emmanuel ignored her ramblings and pointed out some places in the GRA, as they continued moving. Eva sighed as she bit her lip worried that she never thought about seeing his parents.
She was trained to have a good first impression and she lacked the items for that, she gave Emma another pleading look but his jaw was set, stubborn man.
"We are almost there." he said excitedly. Her eyes widened at the neat duplex with well mowed lawn despite her wealthy background she never expected this from Emmanuel, humble easygoing Emma.
Though the house had some wear and tear issues, it was still impressive for a family house, it was huge with cream and brown painted walls.
It seemed that people weren't around and just behind the duplex were a couple of neat bungalows on the raised part of the land, they were brown and cream too.
And oddly enough reminded Eva of chocolate and vanilla ice-cream.
A young lady who looked like a late teen ran to them, screaming "Is that her, Bro Wale."
Eva almost fell from the impact of the girl squeezing them both in a bear like hug.
She gave the girl a small smile as the girl left her and jumped around her brother, she was quite tall, almost light chocolate and she had two coloured iris, one honey brown, the other pitch black.
Her face was like a painting, so animated and pretty as she smiled, her pink lips shone from the sweat on her face.
"Carla, this is my friend Eva Prescott." he said as the girl waved at Eva happily.
"Hey Carla, how are you?" she asked and the girl giggled and nodded.
"I am fine, gosh she's so pretty Bro Wale. Our cousins will be so jealous." she gasped as she carried the bags.
They began to make the journey to the house, climbing the steep hilly relief.
Eva was thankful for the holidays.

3 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Pinkfeet: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
hmmmm i was able to read this story today.
nice one
interesting
jadedgrace98 weldone
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
Pinkfeet:
hmmmm i was able to read this story today.
nice one
interesting
jadedgrace98 weldone
thank you oh at last. You are welcome
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
20th October.
The last three days were filled with work, first going to the government parastatal was hectic.
Who knew registrations for an orphanage would take up so much time.
Emmanuel had been great, she was given a room on her arrival and it had an adjoining bathroom.
She was totally bushed by the time she ate and showered.
She met his widow mother, the woman who was so jovial that her mood altered the room's atmosphere to a joyful one.
She was served yam flour meal(amala) and bean soup(gbegiri). The soup was filled with fish and meat and she thoroughly enjoyed it for a meal that she was trying for the first time.
She was sitting at the table placed in her room, she held the documents and papers she had filled. Emmanuel had been a driving force for her to achieve this far. She sat and leaned back as she looked at the new name of the foundation she just set up.
Clara had joined her here, but not at the house. Clara was just engaged to her long time boyfriend.
He took her to see his family here, and she was spending the week there. Eva sighed as she opened her phone, soon there would be pictures of wedding.
She just hoped that Clara had opened up to Mich, they had known each other since time being. And this was the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Pinkfeet: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
thanks for the update .
continue !!!
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by AryEmber(f): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
Grace, this is short nao! Give us plenty till we belle full please.
Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lol... Abeg I haven't talked for a while. AryEmber dearie, how are you coping? Sorry abt the short update.
Pinkfeet- thanks need all the encouragement.
Genius43- same to you oh.
Contd 20th Oct.
She was going to be the chief bridesmaid of Clara, and with this project on their hands they needed a lot of time.
And because of their passion for the new baby, they decided to postpone the wedding.
She dropped the files and stood up, she went to the window and opened the curtains and looked outside.
His family were outside playing with each other. They had invited her but she wasn't up for being a intrusion or a dog in the manager.
She sighed and decided to go back to her work, she had books to read and school to prepare for.
The corporate affairs commission was taking their time with the registrations, just because she refused to spend to speed up the process.
A knock snatched her attention, and she went to the door, she smiled as she opened it. It was Emma, he was so nice and all.
But why was he acting differently.
He had introduced her to everyone and the impression they all gave her was that she was welcome to the family.
She gave him a once over, Emmanuel was very attractive if you like dark chocolate in a body builder form and a ladies' man face.
Unfortunately Emma wasn't that, a ladies' man, he was a godly guy who worked hard for all he had. His sense of responsibility humbled her.
He looked down at her, as he entered her room.
"Eva really why are you here thinking?" he said, his brown eyes twinkled with mischief.
"Emma seriously we have school like in two weeks time. I cant go playing off now and you have to help me with out with the new project." she said as she nudged playfully.
He sat on the chair and looked at her, his eyes were searching, and he bored into her own.
Eva hugged herself, what was going on? She was afraid of what his eyes were saying. He was her close friend.
"Eva I dont know how to say this. I have feelings for you." he said, he carried a hurt expression.
Eva felt like she was punched, no please not you Bro Emma, she begged inside her.
She huffed a hot breath and rubbed her arms. She had never had feelings for anyone except Chris.
She leaned against the door too shocked for words. He gave a solid tell mw what you feel look.
She lowered her eyes and bit her lower lip. Infact she wasn't feeling at all she was scared.
This wasn't what she planned and this changes everything. She looked into his eyes again and felt her heartbeat increase but she stubbornly clung to Chris.
Chris would wait for her, Chris loved her even though they hadn't seen for three years.
Theirs was a true love. Theirs would last.
But as for Emma what would she do ...
yeah someone should suggest

3 Likes

Re: Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband by YINKS89(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Lets make it interesting thou its all abt Eva nd chris Bt let her accept Emma for the time bein juz don't take it far sha.... Ma suggestion thou.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) / Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.