Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85749 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
bigtt76:
What if she wore the hijab after the ceremony? Or was she the only one called to the bar that day on the US state? Use your brain man!

grin grin

E pain am.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
naijaboiy:

Its not about islamophobia Oga. You muslims just want to blow it out of proportion.

If you know anyone who is a lawyer, ask him/her how the dress code rule is very important to the profession. Be you a Christian, Muslim or IFA worshipper, the rule is the rule.

She was not the only female Muslim there. Don’t blow this out of proportion.

Lol...Nay! bro
who made the rules?
It was made by our British masters and last i checked,the profession came with western education brought to Naija by the Christian missionary.
I know your hate and phobia will not let you see this issue in the objective spectrum,but next time,Endeavour not to see religious issue especially when it pertains to Islam, with hate.....it's refreshing!

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by emmanuelex1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please explain diversity and embarrass yourself
JesuEruOluwa:

https://www.nairaland.com/4236333/argument-over-hijab-needless-address

To embrace diversity tongue tongue tongue

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikolo80: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
Omotayor123:
I hope this religion issue.. will not bring Nigeria down one day.
Nigerians be carrying religious matter for head like iced water. smiley

The girl is obviously comfortable in her hijab, why not let her be
The hijab doesn't make her less of a lawyer.
fela was comfortable in only pant should he be allowed

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by embraze5: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrAcube:

Ur assertion is based on ur personal judgement. Nigeria remains where she cos of the level of thinking of people like u. Have u taken time to see police officers in the UK, some of whom are allowed to wear hijab on full uniform? Lawyers and judges in UK and some other developed countries putting on items other than wigs? Are they harassed? Get ur facts right before putting forth ur biased and badly myopic views

Oga the NBA is an association with a collective belief and by-laws! You cant come and dump your belief on them, if you want the status quo to be changed, advocate for it, dont go rebellious, there is a due process to follow to do so!... Before the police in the uk started allowing women wear hijab, a process was followed, officers didnt start a rebellion to achieve that please! As of now, Hijabs are not allowed!... And first of all, to uphold the nigerian law is to be against islamic law in the first place because both laws are at two ends of the earth not agreeing on many things... If you must be a lawer, it means you have to drop some of your islamic believes.....imagine becoming a judge, would you judge based on the Nigerian law or based on islamic believes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by embraze5: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
SuccesYear:
Pls whc is supreme here

Constitution or Association Law?

Oga when you choose to join an association, it means you agreed to all terms and conditions, you agreed to drop all your God given rights and all your constitution given rights to live under the terms of association of that gathering..... If you dont like the terms, you either move for it to be changed through due process or you leave the association, you cant be rebellious and dont expect to be punished!

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Cityguy: 12:12am On Dec 18, 2017
She had this thought out before the day and I wouldn't be surprised if she's not alone in this. She was flying the kite. All these other ones of 'it doesn't matter', 'my daughter was called to bar in hijab' are nothing but hogwash. Rules are rule and must be obeyed. Osun state or is it site of Osun has it been the same since that nonsense we toyed with and someone who ought to know has just demonstrated literacy without education. Shioor!

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Cityguy: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2017
mikolo80:
This cracked me ooo ooo..... Hahahahaa

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:14am On Dec 18, 2017
Cityguy:

This cracked me ooo ooo..... Hahahahaa
Istruena. are you minding all these social justice snowflakes? organisation has rules and regulations.
you say you want to join.
you refuse to obey rules.
you wonder why they didn't take you.
the girl mumu gan .
she think say she de yankee.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by SuccesYear: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2017
embraze5:

Oga when you choose to join an association, it means you agreed to all terms and conditions, you agreed to drop all your God given rights and all your constitution given rights to live under the terms of association of that gathering..... If you dont like the terms, you either move for it to be changed through due process or you leave the association, you cant be rebellious and dont expect to be punished!
Good. So in a State where such association exist is there no encompassing law
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Omotayor123(f): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2017
mikolo80:
Go check out her dressing. the hijab doesn't stop her from showcasing her full lawyer regalia. it's just underneath the wig.

Don't use hypocrisy to compare it with something that isn't even there.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikolo80: 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Omotayor123:
Go check out her dressing. the hijab doesn't stop her from showcasing her full lawyer regalia. it's just underneath the wig.

it is not about showcasing, it is about the rules and regulations she signed up for.
it's like going for beauty pageant and refusing to wear bikini and wondering why you were disqualified.
you knew what you were getting into when you applied for law.
they all accept to wear black and white whenever they go to court even as somebody pointed out that Cele don't wear black. are you saying there are no Cele lawyers.

yes, she can test constitutional freedom but stupid to do it after the fact in a failing country like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by glambo(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2017
MrAcube:

Let me make this simple for u if u are having trouble understanding it. I want u to ask a legal practitioner to expantiate on human right for u, may be u will begin to understand where an infringement had occurred. And also try and find where, in the law school rule book, wearing of Hijab was prohibited.

Mr, no one is saying wearing of hijab is wrong or bad.
The fundamental human right isn't a leverage to violet Organisation rules and regulation.
Take the medical profession, will any Dr go into the theatre without the mandatory overall, gloves and head cover, that is a lay down rule that must be strictly adhere to, no fundamental human right can change that it's either he wears the necessary clothing or stay out of the surgery room.
This is the same scenario that is playing out here.
The law profession has a standard dress code and the dress code can't be changed on the religious believe of one religion or another.
To effect the change necessary legal action should be followed.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by glambo(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2017
Omotayor123:

Then I can equally wear a face cap turned backward undernea5h my wig and go to court the same human right will definitely cover me

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by glambo(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2017
Omotayor123:

Then I can equally wear a face cap turned backward undernea5h my wig and go to court the same human right will definitely cover me
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
glambo:

Mr, no one is saying wearing of hijab is wrong or bad.
The fundamental human right isn't a leverage to violet Organisation rules and regulation.
Take the medical profession, will any Dr go into the theatre without the mandatory overall, gloves and head cover, that is a lay down rule that must be strictly adhere to, no fundamental human right can change that it's either he wears the necessary clothing or stay out of the surgery room.
This is the same scenario that is playing out here.
The law profession has a standard dress code and the dress code can't be changed on the religious believe of one religion or another.
To effect the change necessary legal action should be followed.

I have decided to let the matter rest, but I can't allow ur wrong analysis and analogy go without challenge. Oga, whenever u dnt know anything about anything, pls don't try proving anything. Who told u in d medical profession doctors dnt wear Hijab into the theatre? Have u been into the theatre before? Have u been present where surgery is being performed? If NO, I believe u watch medical scenes in movies. Even d male doctors in surgery do not leave their heads bare just to ensure total cleanliness and decontamination in surgery. Now think of that and tell me if wearing Hijab in d surgery room is wrong. In d case of law the requirement is to be in robe and wig but as a Muslim who wants to follow God's law and in consonance with the constitution's provision for freedom to religion group, I want to believe the Hijab she wore never disrespect the constitution neither did it contravene the constitution. It was claimed that it is the school's tradition for everyone to bare their head, but the school's tradition is obviously flouting the constitution's directive and u are there saying it is in violation of some rule which isn't spelt anywhere. I wish for people to leave sentiment aside and take a look at this objectively, taking constitution into cognizance. U'll all realise there's no need for argument as this is a clear injustice to d young lady. I rest on this case. No more comment. Thnx

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by glambo(m): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2017
MrAcube:

I have decided to let the matter rest, but I can't allow ur wrong analysis and analogy go without challenge. Oga, whenever u dnt know anything about anything, pls don't try proving anything. Who told u in d medical profession doctors dnt wear Hijab into the theatre? Have u been into the theatre before? Have u been present where surgery is being performed? If NO, I believe u watch medical scenes in movies. Even d male doctors in surgery do not leave their heads bare just to ensure total cleanliness and decontamination in surgery. Now think of that and tell me if wearing Hijab in d surgery room is wrong. In d case of law the requirement is to be in robe and wig but as a Muslim who wants to follow God's law and in consonance with the constitution's provision for freedom to religion group, I want to believe the Hijab she wore never disrespect the constitution neither did it contravene the constitution. It was claimed that it is the school's tradition for everyone to bare their head, but the school's tradition is obviously flouting the constitution's directive and u are there saying it is in violation of some rule which isn't spelt anywhere. I wish for people to leave sentiment aside and take a look at this objectively, taking constitution into cognizance. U'll all realise there's no need for argument as this is a clear injustice to d yoyung lady. I rest on this case. No more comment. Thnx

Open your mind when you read and discuss issue, l made reference to the medical profession and their dress code. The reference literally means that you can't go into the theatre without the overall, hand glove and head cover. What you wear underneath your head cover isn't important.
But in the practise of law profession in Nigeria (written or not) today. The only covering allowed on the head is the legal wig.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MrAcube(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2017
glambo:

Open your mind when you read and discuss issue, l made reference to the medical profession and their dress code. The reference literally means that you can't go into the theatre without the overall, hand glove and head cover.
What you wear underneath your head cover isn't important.
But for in the practise of law In Nigeria as laid down in the book to(ay

It's unfortunate u couldn't read between the lines to understand the simple point. I rest my case
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 12:38am On Dec 24, 2017
goldedprince:
These aboki people think say we stupid. Idiot, show me a pic of her graduating with other students and only she wearing hijab in a FULLLLLLLLLLL GRADUATION CEREMONY
By the time she took that picture, the call to bar ceremony was already over. You can see that she is just the only one posing by the large crest of the State of New York Appellate Division, and the wooden bench/backdrop at the rear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.