Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85733 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by chindoone(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
U get sense

4 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Built2last: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Standardcosting:

You justification is baseless

I now see the reason why most of you guys follow your GOs fo0ishly and 5enselessly

The standard doesn't change whether human beings follow it or not

The marking scheme for an exam doesn't change even if almost all the class use a wrong method.

You ended up saying nothing. Nigeria is a secular state with secular laws governing it. Try implementing Sharia and see the backlash. Always playing the victim. That's how Muslim all over England continuously try to tell English people how to live their life in their country

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
loshybab:
It is shameful to know the bias mindset of people is adversely affecting their sense of judgement.

I'm no law student but I do know that rules can be amended,just like constitutions to stand the dynamics of we humans over the sands of time.

what we should be rather discussing is, 'DID THE LAW CONSIDER THE BELIEFS OF ALL CITIZENS' before making its provisions? Your guess is as good as mine.

For those saying was she the only Muslim called to bar? yes she isn't the only Muslim but the only one courageous enough to vehemently stand for her fundamental right irrespective of what literates yet uneducated would say.

#ISTANDWITHFIRDAUS
In order word she’s religiously above the Law

3 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by MikkieEl: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
[quote author=ekems2017 post=63319371]Pls was she the only Muslim lady that was call to bar that day?[/quAZote]

Chai! I love this question...
So thoughtful of you.

4 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by biazarre(m): 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
bamidelee:
don't be a fool dear are telling me that Catholic Sister where asked to remove their regalia have seen cases like this before don't be a fool
wat is dis 1 saying

6 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by pweetiedee(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
That's how one yeye girl turned NYSC khaki to skirt cos she attends deeper life.

she for just remove d hijab, do her thing and wear it back.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ontarget:

Nothing is wrong with the hijab. But if the instruction says do not wear hijab then you either comply or forfeit.
whoever gave that decision should be considered bias-minded
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ooshinibos: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
why didn't she school in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by pizapato(m): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
bamidelee:

you are a fool
should Law go against human right

The law upholds the human right. Without the law, there is nothing like human right

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
I know a lot of people who decided not to work in some organizations because of their religious believes.
Why did she study Law here(Nigeria) in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikedimeji:
But I can’t believe this is actually coming from President of NBA. Very unfortunate.
That country that better off yours in all standard of respect for human right allow it? Any way you justifying the theory that a Christian is an hypocrites in the law of God shared with the muslims.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by amazon14: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Mtcheeew, Islambad
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by pweetiedee(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

Why don't you ashame of yourself to be proud of Nigeria law above Law of God?

Why don't you go back to school?

7 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
pweetiedee:
That's how one yeye girl turned NYSC khaki to skirt cos she attends deeper life.

It doesn’t make her less of a Muslim, it’s called common sense

4 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by teebell999(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam

Who your hatred epp? Mumu

6 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by pweetiedee(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

That country that better off yours in all standard of respect for human right allow it? Any way you justifying the theory that a Christian is an hypocrites in the law of God shared with the muslims.

mikedimeji,

Dey yaff kee u with ingrishi
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
pweetiedee:

provisions should be made for those that might not be comfortable exposing their curves in white vest and shorts,especially when the short is way above the knee.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
she should go to New York and be called to bar there.

Religious fanatics
You are not fit to advise her to do that.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

That’s why I said she’s religiously above the law.
Forget about whether one country is better than another in all standard. Will u go to a man’s house and start giving him rules in his house? If u are not comfortable with the rules of the game u quit it’s not by force

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by pweetiedee(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
loshybab:

provisions should be made for those that might not be comfortable exposing their curves in white vest and shorts,especially when the short is way above the knee.

I'm talking about Khaki here.

As for the white vest and short, buy from home, buy one that covers your body well. I bought mine form home.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikedimeji:

It doesn’t make her less of a Muslim, it’s called common sense
yes! it doesn't make her less a Muslim,but it does strikes her conscience for obeying the law of a creation over her CREATOR!

4 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by deeLima86(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

Read the question again before answer out of anger.

Where did you see anger? undecided There are rules and guidelines we should adhere in every institutions we find ourself, howbeit how we feel about them. That doesn't make those things right anyway and we can effect a change through a proper channel not being rebellious.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Martin0(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
This is what i have been saying this particular dresscode should be banned.That way everyone can dress the way they like by putting on anything e.g. Hijab,burqa,niqab and others.The council of legal education should learn from this.

gringringrin
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
mikedimeji:
In order word she’s religiously above the Law
Like seriously,is this the best you can infer from my comment?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
So another politician spending our money to send his daughter to study abroad while our education here in 9ja lies in ruins. Na Thunder go strike them all!

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
loshybab:

I quite agree with u but pending when the provision is made u can’t do others, it’s tegarded as lawlessness.
My major concern here is we are quick to bring religion/ethnicity into everything that happens in Nigeria and it’s really creating problems for us.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mikedimeji(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
loshybab:

yes! it doesn't make her less a Muslim,but it does strikes her conscience for obeying the law of a creation over her CREATOR!
She mustn’t be a lawyer in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by muller101(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ishilove:
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?
is it included In their dress code?

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by paulynpen(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
Origin:

Apparently Nigeria's sovereignty is based on the commonwealth. Talk another thing I beg.

Even if you see evidence of a British hijabi being called to the bar, you will still disagree based on bias.

The similitude of this is:

Why is Nelson Mandela fighting when his people have been enslaved for centuries. Failing to call that lady to the bar is UNJUST.
I think you are just trying to make a mischief here. For every ceremony there is a constitutional requirement which must be followed to the letters. US or UK permits hijab does not compell Nigeria to do in as much that the tenets of investiture in Niveria does not permit that. US and UK may have a cultural settings that allows that but we have complex cultural settings in Nigeria. If you allow hijab today I may come with masquerade attire tomorrow as my religious wears and the principles of uniformity will be defeated. By the way why must Muslim cry foul even when they know they are doing the exact opposite of the provisions? Must we drag religion into every sphere in Nigeria? Is Nigeria mearnt for the Muslims alone. I hate hypocrisy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by naijaboiy: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
Omotayor123:
I hope this religion issue.. will not bring Nigeria down one day.
Nigerians be carrying religious matter for head like iced water. smiley

The girl is obviously comfortable in her hijab, why not let her be
The hijab doesn't make her less of a lawyer.
She was never forced to take it off, she was asked to and she refused. The people that should be left alone are the benchers who refused to call her to bar for Being disobedient.

And yea, she’s not a lawyer yet until she is called to bar. Rules are meant to be followed strictly, not twisted to suite your religious sentiments.

Even rev. Sisters who become lawyers don’t wear their scarf and other religious apparel to their call to bar ceremony. This case is very clear but people are blowing it out of proportion.

15 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
congrats to her.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
pweetiedee:

Why don't you go back to school?
TO LEARN HOW TO ACCEPT OR AGREE WITH FALSEHOOD AS WAY OF BELIEVING AND WORSHIPING GOD AS COMMON IN CHRISTIANITY?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.