Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85711 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by SuccesYear: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Elthugnificent:

[24:31] Say to the believing men that they restrain their eyes and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Surely, Allah is well aware of what they do.

There is nothing there as expected.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Salym(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2017
I understand why Christians in Nigeria are all against this lady wearing a hijab to the bar. It is simply because the laws and traditions were copied from Britain, whom they share same religious beliefs with. Hence they are comfortable with the laws and do not see anything wrong with them. If it were the other way round, they would have been shouting of Islamisation and the likes. Their bigotry is unprecedented from their religious leaders down to the common people on the streets. You people should understand and accommodate diversity. I applaud her for bringing this to the fore. This will bring a change to the needless law afterall.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by loshybab(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2017
naijaboiy:

The law does not work with religious beliefs and sentiments. It is clear, plain and simple.

While the constitution allows for the right to practice your religion it also notes that the law supercedes any religion in the land. Nigeria is not ruled by Islamic law hence things relating to that shouldn’t have an effect and cannot be binding on the set aside rules created for the legal profession.

The same way a lawyer cannot tell an Imam how to run a mosque so will religion not be allowed to influence the law to suite a group of people.

What do you think will happen if everyone decides to attend such a ceremony in their full religious regalia? If she wants to wear her hijab in peace she should have studied Islamic law and go to the sharia court.

Can u do me a favour by viewing the pic of the lady in question again? Only someone with hate for her religion would say she has violated the dress code.She only covered her head and neck in the most meaningful way without tampering with the elements of the dressing;the wig,rope,gown etc.

I strongly believe there is a way the basic components of dressing for both major religions can be incorporated into professional careers.

Starting with Islam, the basics include:
1-Covering the head together with the neck
2-The arms
3-The legs
.....considering the above and using the law dress code as an example,it shouldn't be difficult accommodating these basics using the lady's appearance to justify no1,the use of sleeves for no2 and under-leggings (for whoever is comfortable with it) for no3.

As for the basics in the Christian dressing,considering the various denominations of Catholics(which I think is the only one that would require some clear modification to be accommodated),deeper life members, other Pentecostal and new generation church members,it includes(I stand to be corrected on this):
1-The scarf-attached cap
2-Their regalia
3-The cross
4-And others I may not know of.

....the above too can simply be accommodated by the law wig replacing the cap and the scarf used underneath it for no1, the law gown already has the similar design for no2, the cross could be used under the scarf for no3 and for whatever others I don't know about.

There is just too much islamophobia and gross intolerance to the Islamic religion on the part of our Christian counterpart.
THE RELIGION IS FOR PEACE,SO AM I!

Cc:mikedimeji
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by udatso: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam
Hate is a string word. I hope you are not a Christian
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2017
SuccesYear:
bro I guess u are mixing things up here based on your ascertain. In legal processing as you suggested Constitution favours the young barrister than Ethics of Law extended by(NBA)
And how was your view different from my view? Can you quote my first post and highlight the area that you thought I mixed up?
I said that constitution is supreme over NBA dress code. I said that the lady has a case. I said she should head to court and get this controversy settled once and for all. I said that muslim girls have been winning cases in court over their rights to wear hijab.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Antina(f): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.

Must everyone be like your president's daughter?

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

See this mumuslim that don't hate Christianity but have problem with spelling the word Christianity, lol

well, where did the guy said he was a Christian,

when are you people going to learn how to deal with atheist without mentioning Christianity?
Shame
I can misspell bros,am an illiterate ,u can't blame me.maybe I should enroll in one of ur English classes.....
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by maasoap(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2017
mgbadike81:
all the currently existing female lawyers and judges respect that dress code, even the decision to turn her back was made by a group of both Christian and Muslim members of the bench.
The fact that they abided by the existing dress code doesn't mean that the court can't rule in favour of the hijab lawyer. We're talking about the Nigeria constitution which supercedes any other law or code in the land. You will be surprised by the judgement.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

See this mumuslim that don't hate Christianity but have problem with spelling the word Christianity, lol

well, where did the guy said he was a Christian,

when are you people going to learn how to deal with atheist without mentioning Christianity?
Shame
I can't find mumuslim in the dictionary, pls what the meaning of the word, I don't Kw. undecided
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2017
goldedprince:

Which religion do you like
I like humanity
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2017
udatso:

Hate is a string word. I hope you are not a Christian
I'm a free thinker
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Antina(f): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Ontarget:

Nothing is wrong with the hijab. But if the instruction says do not wear hijab then you either comply or forfeit.

Oya!! Tell us where the instruction says 'do not wear hijab'

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2017
yoosooph:

Your name "enemy of progress" says it all. I am not surprised. grin grin grin
leave me jo

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
I don't hate xtianity but I hate u.mtcheeeeeew.
tongue tongue
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Muhammad3555:
hear ur self u a fool...Ode
I hate Muhammad tongue tongue
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 8:51am On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
tongue tongue
me abi....ok
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2017
akanbiaa:
But you are Enemy of PROGRESS as written in your name, that means Islam is progress and moreover you are not the only one that hate Islam for even Satan hates Islam too.

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
me abi....ok
check your mail box. Let's talk
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
I can misspell bros,am an illiterate ,u can't blame me.maybe I should enroll in one of ur English classes.....

Lol, misspell indeed, well maybe English class can help you subsidize your hatred for Christianity. Shame
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2017
see all these Islamaphobics talking nonsense, here is a case , a CAN of worm who refused to register a successful law graduate to practice in Nigeria because of their anti Islamism; the same successful girl is being admitted to practice in New York city the capital of the United States of America USA. which one is more preferred and I am very sure that anti Islam CAN of worm can never be admitted in the same way in the
U S or any other part of advanced world .
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, misspell indeed, well maybe English class can help you subsidize your hatred for Christianity. Shame
haha nah...y are u using bigbig English nah,what da meaning of shame now...and subsidize too.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
I can't find mumuslim in the dictionary, pls what the meaning of the word, I don't Kw. undecided

Lol, maybe i should lend you my own dictionary.

Well since you don't have time to type the word Christ in Christianity in full but represent it with letter x, but i have a lot of time to write the word Muslim, so i double the MU. I hope you like it.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I checked,no new msg was found.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, maybe i should lend you my own dictionary.

Well since you don't have time to type the word Christ in Christianity in full but represent it with letter x, but i have a lot of time to write the word Muslim, so i double the MU. I hope you like it.
I don't like it joor....I prefer single MU. embarassed
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2017
oyinda1599:
I don't like it joor....I prefer single MU. embarassed

Don't worry, you will soon get use to it. Lol
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

lol....
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.

True!!!

I still ask...do they wear the hijab to capture for international passport? Or will they refuse to remove the hijab at the airport?

Muslims try to make everything about themselves and everything is not about them. Other religions comply to the set down rules. If not, they won't bother to study law in the first place.

Is it the hijab that makes them Muslims? Is their faith based on the hijab?

Muslims should stop making everything a religious issue. It is really not about them. The Law school did not set those rules and regulations to spite them.

Muslims are so insecure about their religion like an old man married to a young beautiful woman...always suspicious and ready to attack and protect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2017
I just don't understand why Christians won't let Muslim's be.... I just don't know why
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I replied already.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by holysina(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2017
MrAcube:

And ur point being....? undecidedChild, go and play with Ur mates jàre, adults are discussing here
Lol is that all u can come up with, was expecting more from people like you. Christians cover their hair and Muslims wear hijab, so what is the point of sowing something so long to school when they are suicide bombers disguising same way??
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:34am On Dec 16, 2017
ImaIma1:

Is it the hijab that makes them Muslims? Is their faith based on the hijab? .
YES

leave us alone oga
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

so I should get used to u calling me mumu abi...I wonder if that what xtianity preaches... smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.