Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85810 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 1:54am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:

Yeah I will stop getting concerned about ur islam wen they stop pumping the country's common wealth into the north to tame the beast u guys trained out of hatred for Christianity.
Christians show more hatred for Muslims than the other way
But your pastors will never allow you to analyse the matter correctly
Who was the president when Boko Haram came into national limelight?

Are Christians killing child witches in the South because they hate Muslims - free your mind of the they hate us syndrome
Christians have killed themselves in the SW of Nigeria and even in the SE
But have Muslims killed Christians in the SW?
So who hate who?

zionmde:
As for denying me of my rights, we are used to that in the south.
Can you prove this wild and wicked allegation?

zionmde:
Moreover in Islam there is nothing like human rights wen it concerns women who can be bundled off at a young age to marriage amidst tears
You don't know Islam. You only have an ugly picture painted for you
Tell me the rights of women in the Bible
Don't tell me about the sanitised practice that is shaped by pressure from atheists, but from the Bible

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 1:58am On Dec 16, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
she should go to New York and be called to bar there.
Religious fanatics

Since you are not a religious fanatic, will your priests allow homos marry in Nigeria?

I also expect that whenever anyone says that in advanced countries, corruption, crime etc are investigated and punished, you should call such tell people to go and live in advanced countries and
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:01am On Dec 16, 2017
BruncleZuma:
American Law and British Common Law and system are not the same nah, nah wah ooo
But Nigeria abandoned the British practice of driving on the left side of the road, did we not?

BruncleZuma:
People this issue is DOA; we should not let it be used in stoking religious sentiments

You have already "stoked religious sentiments"
You believe that Muslims must not be allowed religious freedom and you tell us about Christian love
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:03am On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=zionmde post=63313865]Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
You wrote my mind!

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Emanodimo(m): 2:03am On Dec 16, 2017
ekems2017:
Pls was she the only Muslim lady that was call to bar that day?

Some are more Moslem than Muslim... Abeg... Make them allow them...

Britain and USA are the reason behind it ...For aiming freedom by inviting trouble...

So, Nig. and the rest of the world might need to accept it at will or by force...
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zionmde: 2:08am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

Christians show more hatred for Muslims than the other way
But your pastors will never allow you to analyse the matter correctly
Who was the president when Boko Haram came into national limelight?

Are Christians killing child witches in the South because they hate Muslims - free your mind of the they hate us syndrome
Christians have killed themselves in the SW of Nigeria and even in the SE
But have Muslims killed Christians in the SW?
So who hate who?

Can you prove this wild and wicked allegation?

You don't know Islam. You only have an ugly picture painted for you
Tell me the rights of women in the Bible
Don't tell me about the sanitised practice that is shaped by pressure from atheists, but from the Bible
If there is any killing in the south in the name of Christianity then it shouldn't be ur business as long as 1 billion dollars that can be used to develop an entire state in totality is not channeled towards curbing the killings.

Secondly I may not know islam deeply but having spent a lot of time in core sharia States and lived amongst Muslims is enough to know what exactly the religion teaches

I don't need to start quoting the Bible as long as it's visible to u that Christian women enjoy the same freedom as men is enough evidence. I have had many young Muslim girls talk to me., islam is like a chain on a dog's neck to them. I nearly cried seeing one of my most brilliant students in those years getting married off at a very young age, her tears wen she gave me the invite shattered my heart because that was the end of education for her

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Ayocharles(m): 2:13am On Dec 16, 2017
[b]RELIGION is the SIGH of the oppressed creature, the HEART of the heartless, the SOUL of the soulless; IT IS THE OPIUM OF THE PEOPLE!
we are in 2017 baby, receive sense and lets move this country forward... fooooooooooool embarassed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:15am On Dec 16, 2017
DisGuy:
Nigerian law is so confusing....

One.minute you see a 'senior' lawyer arguing for something using the constitution next minute another senior lawyer argues against it using the same constitution...perhaps another subsection paragraph abc..

You rarely see a british lawyer quoting constitution up and down

Anyone care to quote the law and interprete it here or its the usual

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/08/appeal-court-upholds-use-hijab-lagos-public-schools/

The problem is that what is the harm to a Christian when a Muslim wears Hijab on her own head. It does not make noise or whatever
Note that public schools organise Christmas carols and Muslims don't complain
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nowenuse: 2:17am On Dec 16, 2017
Why must Islam and muslims always be the problem everywhere at everytime? Satan really succeeded in troubling mankind with this religion.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:33am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:

If there is any killing in the south in the name of Christianity then it shouldn't be ur business as long as 1 billion dollars that can be used to develop an entire state in totality is not channeled towards curbing the killings.

Killing anywhere will elicit government response - to protect the citizens. Money will therefore be spent
When child witches are killed in the South, the government is a failure if it does not investigate it

zionmde:

Secondly I may not know islam deeply but having spent a lot of time in core sharia States and lived amongst Muslims is enough to know what exactly the religion teaches

Tell us what these Muslims do.
Is it not disingenuous for a Fani Kayode (from Ife) to lambast Islam for violence when no Muslims have attacked his people in Ife, but the Modakekes have done so.
Islam has been in the SW for hundreds of year to the extent that the Islamic word for supplication (Dua) has been assimilated into Yoruba language . There are many more such words
Yet Muslims have never fought Christians in the SW.

zionmde:
I don't need to start quoting the Bible as long as it's visible to u that Christian women enjoy the same freedom as men is enough evidence.
You need to. Otherwise anyone can claim anything
Afterall in the public space, the debate about tithe has been buttressed with quotes from the Bible

zionmde:
I have had many young Muslim girls talk to me., islam is like a chain on a dog's neck to them
I have seen Christians talk about their religion too. Recently CAN was asked to stop criticising sukuk and recommend low interest source of fund to the country

zionmde:
I nearly cried seeing one of my most brilliant students in those years getting married off at a very young age, her tears wen she gave me the invite shattered my heart because that was the end of education for her
You see, you confuse custom with religion
The first time somebody accused Muslims of honour killing, I did not know what he was talking about. I later realised that people in Indo-Paki area practise it according to their local customs, notwithstanding their religion

I know a woman who finished secondary school at 16, got married, had two children and later went to study medicine
Today she is a grandma at 43, a medical doctor and Masters degree holder in epidemiology

Islam encourages education. It encourages lifelong learning.
How come Muslims outside Nigeria are better educated and those in Nigeria?
Even Muslims in the US who come to Nigeria fault some acts of Nigerian Muslims by quoting religious texts
The average Muslim in America knows more about Islam than the average Nigerian Muslim

I am quite sure that given the spate of rape in India and the inhuman treatment of the girls in the process, there would have been greater uproar if India were a Muslim country. Does hinduism teach them what they do?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Nowenuse:
Why must Islam and muslims always be the problem everywhere at everytime? Satan really succeeded in troubling mankind with this religion.

School Principal : Students, tell us what you want
Christian student : The school should organise Christmas Carol for us
School Principal : Ok, granted

Muslim Student : I want to wear my Hijab
Christian student : You Muslims are always causing problems

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by dabeto: 2:48am On Dec 16, 2017
Oil and Water can never mix no matter how long they stay together likewise the two groups of people practicing these Abrahamian religions. Unfortunately a group will never advocate for separationb because they fear to live in the pain of what they believe.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Built2last:
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you.

If a professional body skews membership against a religion by introducing a discriminatory rule, it is sinful, unjust and unconstitutional

Built2last:
This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.
What we should be talking about is that Islam was in Nigeria before British colonial rule, that is what we should be talking about!
But the same Britain is accused by Southerners of foisting on them a political structure that favours the North?

Built2last:
See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.
My president, not my religious leader, not the one I look to for religious practice
A lot of people have spent the past 2.5 years accusing Buhari of incompetence, hate, religious bigotry, etc
Suddenly they want me to copy him
Can they make up their minds?
Nobody asked Nigerian Christians to start worshipping in different churches every week since Jonathan was doing that when campaigning for votes in 2014/2015

Built2last:
I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.
I don't see how Turkey is evidence against me
Muslims disagree on some issues - but the government does not decide who is right or wrong
Some Christians wear white garments, some don't
Some Christians believe in speaking in tongue, some don't
Some Churches are permissive about what women can wear, some are not?
Are members of the permissive churches going to hell?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by BetaThings: 2:53am On Dec 16, 2017
dabeto:
Oil and Water can never mix no matter how long they stay together likewise the two groups of people practicing these Abrahamian religions. Unfortunately a group will never advocate for separationb because they fear to live in the pain of what they believe.

Muslims believe in divorce
So Christians don't divorce because they fear to live in the pain?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 2:54am On Dec 16, 2017
Standardcosting:
You justification is baseless

I now see the reason why most of you guys follow your GOs fo0ishly and 5enselessly

The standard doesn't change whether human beings follow it or not

The marking scheme for an exam doesn't change even if almost all the class use a wrong method.
Kindly stop comparing apples with coconuts. Before the Firdaus Amasa lady enrolled in a university to study law, wasn't she aware that the wig and gown was the prescribed mode of dressing for qualified lawyers? Did she see any guideline, regulation or circular stating that lawyers could wear their wig, gown and hijab? After spending a number of years to study law, she then decides to add the hijab to her lawyer's outfit. And she expects to be applauded for this??! shocked Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mostyg(m): 2:57am On Dec 16, 2017
Our sisters should learn a lesson from this, especially those of our sisters who are carrying feminism on their head like gala.

No feminist is on the side of Firdaus Amasa, they have all retreated until a woman they consider an actual human being has a problem.

Our twitter "influencers" who are Muslims should also take note how they are alone on this one. Some of them are even afraid to take it up as a campaign as you may lose your "circle of friends".

I made a post some years back and people came here to complain, but for once i did not explain myself because i didn't want to be insensitive. I posited that if the Chibok girls were not mainly Christians there will be no Bring Back our Girls campaign.

Some people started shouting that those who initiated it were Muslim women and i just didn't say anything out loud, in my mind i was like folks don't know shit. Of course when Christians are the victims Muslims will fall on top each other to join the campaign, but when fellow Muslims are involved, these same Muslims will hide somewhere.

Aisha Yusuf is retweeting about Firdaus. Retweeting oh, the great fearless Aisha Yusuf that can insult two Buhari and one Yar'adua inside 150 characters. She is now retweeting. Fear no let am create hashtag not to talk of NGO on top this matter.

Hadiza Bala Usman is inside a container at NPA, so no show. My friend Inibehe Effiong is no longer a human right activist, he no longer believes in fundamental human rights, he has decamp to supporting "rules" over the under dog because this underdog has a Muslim name. "Mama" Oby Ezekwesili is of course minding her business, how the matter concern her? She is giving her twitter Bible lessons as usual, fear no let any Muslim twitter influencer quote Qur'an except to insult a fellow Muslim and say Islam is peace, turning the other cheek and praising the Lord, Halleluya.

They have boxed you in a corner, not me. I don't know why a man will imprison himself via friendship. I am a Muslim and i do not have time to be nice about that; my not drinking, smoking, womanizing, stealing, or cheating should be enough niceness, i do not owe anyone jara.

If you are around people who will only want you to stand up for them but will not stand up for you then you do not know your worth.

Again, i repeat myself. I am a Muslim and my bias is ISLAM. The non-Muslim that will question me for this or that i will be afraid of that will make me not stand for my brothers and sisters in Islam has not been born, and will most likely never be born.

Eseoghene Al-Faruq Ohwojeheri

5 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by double0seven(m): 2:59am On Dec 16, 2017
ofwest47:
what is wrong in appearing modestly dressed as a lawyer what is most important is what you are carrying in your brain. it is only in Nigeria people read religion into everything. If the lady had appeared semi naked now some of you would have been delighted to see her unclad .

So the wig and the gown covering the whole body is not modest enough?

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:11am On Dec 16, 2017
double0seven:
So the wig and the gown covering the whole body is not modest enough?
No, he believes it is transparent and inadequate. Hahaha.... cheesy
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 3:16am On Dec 16, 2017
Omotayor123:
I hope this religion issue.. will not bring Nigeria down one day.
Nigerians be carrying religious matter for head like iced water. smiley

The girl is obviously comfortable in her hijab, why not let her be
The hijab doesn't make her less of a lawyer.

You know what makes her less a lawyer?

Her disobedience to laid down rules. She's better off studying Islamic studies.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 3:18am On Dec 16, 2017
Majesty08:
Many Nigerian Christians are hypocrites!

Many Nigerian Muslims are not only hypocrites but extremists. They will still hide bombs in their hijab - those suicide bombers up north.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 3:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Standardcosting:

I now see the reason why most of you guys follow your GOs fo0ishly and 5enselessly

The marking scheme for an exam doesn't change even if almost all the class use a wrong method.

What's your point? Stop rambling incoherently please.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:22am On Dec 16, 2017
Standardcosting:

What is baseless about his comments? I don't get it, o!! shocked

The prescribed code of dressing for Nigerian lawyers has not changed. It is still the wig and gown. It is not
(and has never been) the wig, gown and hijab .
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:27am On Dec 16, 2017
bamidelee:
you are a fool
should Law go against human right
What human right? When she enrolled in the university to study law, was she told that a hijab is part of the official dress code for lawyers? Why try to change the dress code, at the last minute? Why didn't she start a campaign to be allowed to wear her hijab as part of her court dressing, when she started law school?

profmallor:
This is very simple, allow her to be called to bar with the hijab and that automatically allows everyone to come to the bar in their religious outfits. I dont think they want that chaos.
You do have a valid point. An Adamu Orisha adherent maybturn up wearing the outfit of an Eyo masquerade in court, one day. Abi, how you take see am....?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 3:36am On Dec 16, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

TO LEARN HOW TO ACCEPT OR AGREE WITH FALSEHOOD AS WAY OF BELIEVING AND WORSHIPING GOD AS COMMON IN CHRISTIANITY?

Then Firdau (or whatever) shouldn't have gone to school don't you think?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Vivere: 3:37am On Dec 16, 2017
loshybab:

provisions should be made for those that might not be comfortable exposing their curves in white vest and shorts,especially when the short is way above the knee.
NYSC has shorts that extend to the knee. Most corpers actually amend or adjust their NYSC uniforms to make it look fitted, shorter or more attractive on them. My own NYSC standard issue sportswear, given to meany years ago, ended at knee level. It was rather large for me. I had to take it to a tailor to adjust it to.my size.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Bifrost: 3:44am On Dec 16, 2017
pweetiedee:

"A" should be between "AS" and "WAY"
Tell him... And "IS" between "AS" and "COMMON"

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Kamoryemi2580(m): 3:53am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES

you're a fucking islamophobe, and the hatred in your soul seems to have blocked your reasoning and made you loose your thinking ability.,... down with Muslim haters
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ikwikwi: 3:59am On Dec 16, 2017
It is disappointing that NBA will support such misdeamanour based on American experience of his daughter. We are Nigerians and must follow our tradition of legal practice. Law sch. Knows no religion bigots, we have standards. Let her go to America for her call to bar.

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bareal(m): 4:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
This is what i have been saying this particular dresscode should be banned.That way everyone can dress the way they like by putting on anything e.g. Hijab,burqa,niqab and others.The council of legal education should learn from this.

Yes you are right. But, now that there's a dress code, is it right for anyone to violate it?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bareal(m): 4:33am On Dec 16, 2017
BetaThings:

School Principal : Students, tell us what you want
Christian student : The school should organise Christmas Carol for us
School Principal : Ok, granted

Muslim Student : I want to wear my Hijab
Christian student : You Muslims are always causing problems

Pls, stop!!!

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AlanSugar(m): 4:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Ishilove:
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?

Seems you're the brainless one, what is wrong with the dress code? Why do you call people brainless? Ban me if you like.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 4:39am On Dec 16, 2017
The Islamic extremists have once again goofed on this . They seem not understand that what we are simply taking about here is simply the "Law" . And the law varies from in different places what is accepted here may not be accepted else where and vice versa. for example is The son of a public office holder here in Nigeria who happens to be a "gay" cannot get married here but can travel out to do so and if his father decides to arrest and jail those involved in such here in Nigeria would you blame the father for bias?? No!!!

If she wants to be called to bar with her hijab let her travel out to where it's accepted . The Muslims can call for a review of the law but till then , the law must be obeyed .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.