Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (49546 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by simsay: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
YesNoMaybe:
Op.
Sex is communion. Yes. It's not a marriage.

A marriage unites not just two individuals BUT two bloodlines (families) via an exchange of vows (covenant) and a testament (dowry).
One could decide to opt out of a communion at any time (if there's knowledge available on how to do it). Why? Because sex is a tool for aligning destinies (relationship).
But marriage is meant to last for life. God said "I hate divorce" and not "I hate breakups".
If I have sex before marriage, I bond to the partner, not by covenant but by RELATIONSHIP. It's a Communion. It's not a matrimony.
Being a Christian for an example involves communion with the creator (you've got the choice to opt out at any time) while marriage......

Stop using the scripture to put fear into people. So, if I had slept with 500 persons before giving my life to Christ, I'm married to them even up to this point? Okay, if I'm no longer married to them due to my salvation, am I not countering God's stance against a divorce (I'd divorced 500 partners, remember?)?

Nice spiritual reasoning bro
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

Scripture says he that is sleeps with a prostitute is one with her.

Scripture says a man jeaves father and mother and be joined to his wife and the tei shall become one

The one is sex.

You don't need to do marriage ceremony to validate the oneness.
Yiu need says

U become one doesn't mean the act of marriage. Its signifies the intimacy shared. The joining is the actual marriage to me and after the joining(marriage) the intimacy or sex makes them one and cunsumates the marriage.

So i can agree sex makes u one with the person bt not that it marries u to that person.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

U become one doesn't mean the act of marriage. Its signifies the intimacy shared. The joining is the actual marriage to me and after the joining(marriage) the intimacy or sex makes them one and cunsumates the marriage.

So i can agree sex makes u one with the person bt not that it marries u to that person.

How did Adam and Eve become man and wife?
It's the world system that has helped man redefine the terms to make sin look, "not so bad".

God says sex is marriage.
One.

World says, "nah, too hard."
If you don't do ceremonies, parental consent, sign papers, sex is not marriage.

It's the devil's way.
Did God really say you should not eat of this tree. You will not surely die but become like God and know every thing.

Sex is not really marriage until you've done prenuptial, pre-wedding photos, pre-wedding showers, traditional marriage, court marriage, white wedding. If you don't do these, she arnt you're wife but side cheek, she arbt your wife but your concubine.

...and almost everyone buys into it because they wanna eat their cake and have it. Flesh wants the easy way out.

Thank God for His mercies and forgiveness. HE will forgive any one who's genuinely repentant.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

How did Adam and Eve become man and wife?
It's the world system that has helped man redefine the terms to make sin look, "not so bad".

God says sex is marriage.
One.

World says, "nah, too hard."
If you don't do ceremonies, parental consent, sign papers, sex is not marriage

Where did God say sex is marriage to adam and eve? Ure incorrect. Adam found and chose eve and she became his wife and then tended to the garden. Sex came later. Bt if u still don't agree with me check the post quoted above my last quote to u.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Where did God say sex is marriage to adam and eve? Ure incorrect. Adam found and chose eve and she became his wife and then tended to the garden. Sex came later. Bt if u still don't agree with me check the post quoted above my last quote to u.

Do not sleep with anyone you are not married to.
Get married in court, traditionally, or contemporary and enjoy the wife of your youth.

Stop live-in relationships.
Do the right thing before God and man, and get married.

Stop the "One-ing" with every Tom, Dare and Harry.

Stop the heart breaks and hurting caused by engaging in illicit sex.

Live holy lives.
Through Jesus Christ this is possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 12:26am On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz:

Get married in court, traditionally, or contemporary and enjoy the wife of your youth.

Live holy lives.

Thanks for your insightful inputs.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 12:27am On Dec 22, 2017
somehow:
Any biblical reference?
Check page 5 or 6 of this thread and you will find the ones I gave.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 22, 2017
Toks2008:

I know this definitely makes sense.
Every word my dear, every word
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz:

Live holy lives.

Atleast u agree now smiley and ur advice is in place and a good one. Cheers
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by simsay: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2017
linearity:
OP delete this nonsense, there is no scriptural bases for it. Those are just your interpretation of those verses, none of those bible verses reached the conclusion that you reached.

Jesus addressed this very situation personally and he reached a position opposite to yours, I will stay with Jesus on this...

John 4:16-18

“16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband.

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Going by your analogies, having slept with a minimum of six men, Jesus would have told her that, she have six husbands.

And despite the fact that, she was currently living with a man, Jesus agreed with her that she is not married.

The above is enough and I would have stopped there, but I would like to add that...if adultery and fornication is marriage, then the Bible will be contradicting itself by calling it a sin.

....because the scriptures says...”marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefy, but whoremongers and adulteries, God will Judge.

Word, I agree 100percent
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by focus7: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2017
Toks2008:
1 Corinthians 6:16 ” Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one flesh with her? For, as it is written, “The two shall become one.”

Genesis 2:24
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Matthew 19:5
and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Ephesians 5:31
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

In Islamic law, marriage is called nikah, an Arabic word whose original literal meaning is "sexual intercourse", but which already in the Quran is used exclusively to refer to the contract of marriage.

It is very saddening that man's philosophy and cultural beliefs have made the world deviate from the truth from the very words of the scriptures talking about the Bible and even Quran.

Today we see men and ladies randomly sleeping with one another,safe sex is even promoted with the use of condom,we see baby mamas and daddies springing up and when you ask them about their marital status they say they are single because to them,marriage has a different meaning.

There was no place in the scriptures where GOD commanded us to go to registry, religious houses or to certain families to pay bride price (The Bride price mentioned in the bible was a punishment for raping a virgin).

But what exactly did GOD command about the way a marriage should take place?

God gave us 3 clear stages of marriage. .
1.A man leaving his parents and this happens when you decide to be with a woman and you leave your parents to start your own family.

2.Unites with his wife:You can choose how you unite which is the wedding ceremony and this can be done in accordance with laid down rules of the government or traditions/cultures as well as religious organizations.

3.Becoming one is the third stage which involves having sex with each other.

GOD himself commanded this in Genesis and Jesus repeated it in the book of Mathew.When you have sex with anyone,you are becoming one with such and automatically fulfilling the essence of marriage which is becoming one with whoever you have sex with.

Unfortunately, people just sleep around today in ignorance of the fact that they are fulfilling the third and most important stage of marriage. The world have been deceived by Satan to believe that marriage is when you do the paparazzi and you pay bride price and so on but all these moves are the second stage which is uniting to your spouse.

I know this article may not change the act of illicit sex but next time you open your legs to any guy or when next you sleep with any lady,just know in your heart that you are fulfilling the third stage of marriage as commanded by GOD.

I know this definitely makes sense.

Ogbeni bawo ni? You mean you are still update with nairaland from far away London.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2017
focus7:

Ogbeni bawo ni? You mean you are still update with nairaland from far away London.

lol! you can't be too far or too busy to do what you enjoy doing.

How you dey?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz

Impressive...
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
So since sex doesn’t necessarily bind two people as husband and wife, why then is God against all forms of sexual sin? Since sex doesn’t necessarily have any spiritual implications, why does God forbid it outside marriage? Why is marriage a key factor before one can have sex? I’d be most glad if you could answer these questions logically, preferably with scriptural backings.
linearity:
OP delete this nonsense, there is no scriptural bases for it. Those are just your interpretation of those verses, none of those bible verses reached the conclusion that you reached.

Jesus addressed this very situation personally and he reached a position opposite to yours, I will stay with Jesus on this...

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband.

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Going by your analogies, having slept with a minimum of six men, Jesus would have told her that, she have six husbands.

And despite the fact that, she was currently living with a man, Jesus agreed with her that she is not married.

The above is enough and I would have stopped there, but I would like to add that...if adultery and fornication is marriage, then the Bible will be contradicting itself by calling it a sin.

....because the scriptures says...”marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefy, but whoremongers and adulteries, God will Judge.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
Toks2008:

Thanks for your insightful inputs.

Aww...
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
jaxxy:

Atleast u agree now smiley and ur advice is in place and a good one. Cheers

I understood you but you didn't understand me. cool
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
Blackfyre:
Incrizz

Impressive...

Blackfyre...
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
linearity:

Nah, you don't get it.

When Lazarus died,
Jesus told the disciples the truth, Lazarus is sleeping.

The disciples who didn't understand Jesus replied, If he is sleeping then it's a good thing because he'd wake up.

Then, Jesus told them plainly, Lazarus is dead (human terms)
They understood this one.

When Jesus met the woman at the well,
HE told her the truth, Go call your husband. (Husband being the truth here)(She was one-ing with him. In the spiritual, she was married)
But she didn't understand and replied, I don't have a husband (world definition: no ceremony had been done yet on her, bride price etc )

Then, Jesus told her plainly, thou hast well
said I have no husband.....

You get it?
Jesus was talking spiritual stuff she was "married". She was having sex with the man.
But by the physical definition, human definition, world definition, she was not married. So, in her own eyes she wasn't married.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by linearity: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
So since sex doesn’t necessarily bind two people as husband and wife, why then is God against all forms of sexual sin? Since sex doesn’t necessarily have any spiritual implications, why does God forbid it outside marriage? Why is marriage a key factor before one can have sex? I’d be most glad if you could answer these questions logically, preferably with scriptural backings.

1. I never said God is not against all form of sexual sins, quite the contrary; I clearly indicated that it is a sin...so is also lying, stealing, killing, etc.
2. Sex have the same spiritual implication as the sin of lying,stealing,killing,etc ....The soul that sinneth, it shall die..... The bible did not put a distinction between these sins....They will all end up in hell.
3. Sex unlike the other sins have an exclusion.....i.e. not all sexual acts are sinful before God...but all killings, all stealing, all lying, etc are sin against him, no exclusion. Marriage is the only exclusion for sex, hence God forbids it outside marriage.
4. Also No.3 above is why marriage is the key factor for anyone to have sex, because this is the only God sanctioned way of having sex for it not to be sin.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by linearity: 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz:

Nah, you don't get it.

When Lazarus died,

The disciples who didn't understand Jesus replied, If he is sleeping then it's a good thing because he'd wake up.

HE told her the truth, Go call your husband. (Husband being the truth here)(She was one-ing with him. In the spiritual, she was married)
But she didn't understand and replied, I don't have a husband (world definition: no ceremony had been done yet on her, bride price etc )

You get it?
To Jesus, The LORD OF LORDS, she was married in the spiritual because she was having sex with the man.
But by human definition, by world definition, she was not married. So, in her own eyes she wasn't married.

Don't add to the scriptures, what you just did is add stuff that are not in the Bible to it, just to justify your misunderstanding of the Scriptures.

Even in your additions to the Bible, you completely failed to justify your erroneous position.

This is your position -Which is not supported by any Scriptures:
One is spiritually married to every and anyone they have sex with.

This is your addition to the Bible - With no scriptural backings...

If your position was correct...Jesus would have said...Go call your husbands, because the Bible told us she have had five husbands and if you count the one she is currently with, that make it six...Jesus did not pluralize the husband...but your position indicates she must be having six spiritual husbands/marriages.

Either Jesus was wrong or you are completely misguided and out of your depth of understandings of the scriptures. Please and Please, do not add to the scriptures, you are treading on a dangerous ground...they are complete and of no private interpretations.

Every Christian completely understand the Lazarus situation and that, those who are dead are only dead physically, but are asleep in that, they will all raise again; because tons of Bible verses clearly speaks about this...we know that from the scripture....But there is no single scripture that talk about spiritual & physical marriage, that is your private interpretation and additions....if am wrong, please point me to one.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
linearity:

....if am wrong, please point me to one.

He had to speak plainly to her.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz:

Blackfyre...

Your posts were impressive. Insightful and full of understanding.

May i know the church you go to?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Incrizz:

Nah, you don't get it.

When Lazarus died,

You get it?
Jesus was talking spiritual stuff she was "married". She was having sex with the man.
But by the physical definition, human definition, world definition, she was not married. So, in her own eyes she wasn't married.

For the very first time in my 10years on nairaland I must confess that I have never seen anyone with such Rhema revelations such as this.

I will be privileged to know you offline...please if you don't mind,send your contact to my Email and I will add you to my wattsup contact.

You are a teacher of the word and I'm not ashamed to say I'm awed by your tenacity.
olakoredeh@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

Infact...it is EPIC
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

For the very first time in my 10years on nairaland I must confess that I have never seen anyone with such Rhema revelations such as this.

I will be privileged to know you offline...please if you don't mind,send your contact to my Email and I will add you to my wattsup contact.

You are a teacher of the word and I'm not ashamed to say I'm awed by your tenacity.
olakoredeh@gmail.com

Thanks

Awww...thanks.
But it's not me.
When God gives an instruction and you obey, He'd do the wonderful.

When God says, 'write"
And you do, we all, including the writer, begin to read amazing stuff.

Your email's been copied.
I'm no longer on WhatsApp though.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Blackfyre:

I feel I understand why you ask about my Church.
If true, then it's not Church.
Remember Scripture says when we draw near to Him, He'd draw near to us?

When we assign a certain hours of the day to talking to God, studying the word (praising, worshipping, and like children ask God questions of passages we don't understand in reverence, even asking The Holy Spirit to teach us before we start studying), He reveals Himself to us.

No be Church o.
Na by rwpentace and being born again.
Na by personal relationship with God by The Holy Spirit o.
Personal fellowship with Jesus

Thanks much.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

When we assign a certain hours of the day to talking to God, studying the word (praising, worshipping, and like children ask God questions of passages we don't understand in reverence, even asking The Holy Spirit to teach us before we start studying), He reveals Himself to us.

No be Church o.

Thanks much.

Are you catholic ?

Your depth continues to amaze me. Would have stopped by for a drink to know the mind behind this moniker, but seems you're.... or you've.... You're one of the top three " deepest " ladies i've ever met...Your brain is working, your mind is there..May God continue to bless you jawe !
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

No be Church o.

Thanks much.

Why i asked church is that, it is rare to come across someone who has such in depth grasp and understanding about spirituality in the way i have read your posts so far.

In my own case, i had these beliefs as a personal conviction but wasn't vocal about it. I just thought deeply about certain things and wonder why certain things follow certain patterns. I felt it was just me and wasn't always sure so i just observed while i walk through various experiences and internalized them(even at that i could hear the holy spirit explaining certain things to me but i felt it was just my thoughts). Mainly what i read in the bible were proverbs and Romans 12.But until i met God about 3 years ago, he confirmed every of my suspicions, convictions and made me see the consequences and how deep these things run. It was an unprecedented mind boggling revelation.

Truly as you said, it's not by church, it's by the individual and the openness of one's mind towards God. Right in the corner of your house, you can commune with God if you wish to. The sort of heart you have will determine the revelation of God to you. That is a fact.

One more thing, what is your age range? If you don't mind me asking...
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

olakoredeh@gmail.com

Thanks

Bro, she's deep. Trust me, if it were possible, i'll marry the chick... grin grin grin Her spiritual depth is something else, i don pursue her tire,e no work...so i backed out...God, give us ladies like this, i'm sure i'll have a marriage of peace... grin
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

Nah, you don't get it.

When Lazarus died,

You get it?

Revelation !

Preach it sis...Preach oh, Jesus, i've seen a woman that challenges me in breaking down theology !

Jesus Christ ! Perfect scripture for such a purpose, come Incrizz r u single? grin
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
LadyGoddiva:

God is against all forms of sex before marriage, i repeat all !
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

Live holy lives.

They won't hear word !

Come, can i invite you into my clique?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Was Once A Prostitute, Recruited Girls In Edo – Mummy GO (Video) / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / Light Up Gombe Mega Crusade In Pictures: Adeboye, Son, Enenche, Daughter Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.