Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (49547 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

If only you knew the concrete these walls are made ofgrin

If you were close to me and single I would have given it a shot but since my friend is closer biko give him audience but for me,I have found a friend in you so I don't mind being friendzoned.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

lol if it was the other number I would have written it here but I've changed number.

So you are the first nairalander I will be adding to that number contact list.

And btw can you see that everything is not about slaying with pics...I don't even know how you look but you won the hearts of two great guys on nairaland cos you slayed scripturally lol!

Oya send am to me and juxter ASAP and try to consider him.

Toks, send me that mail.
You're keeping me waiting.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

If you were close to me and single I would have given it a shot but since my friend is closer biko give him audience but for me,I have found a friend in you so I don't mind being friendzoned.

Thanks for backing out bro. As the guy-to-be, i can have you as close friend cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

You say this because you know you can't be friendzoned.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

Toks, send me that mail.
You're keeping me waiting.

I don't do Nairaland PMs. . too monotonous for me so please send the contact to olakoredeh@gmail.com
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Toks2008:

I don't do Nairaland PMs. . too monotonous for me so please send the contact to olakoredeh@gmail.com

Well understood...
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jupxter:

I know the rules my lady, no sexual relations during datindg. It's actually cool !

Haba!
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

Haba!

Bene following your posts nae cheesy
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

20-80years
Lol..grin

Why do you sound like you closer to your 30s?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2017
Blackfyre:

Why do you sound like you closer to your 30s?

I noticed I started sounding so when I turned 18. As per, a certain class of people kept saying I reason like a 30ish woman.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
Incrizz:

I noticed I started sounding so when I turned 18. As per, a certain class of people kept saying I reason like a 30ish woman.

I know you are above 18.... I can also see how you are being clever.

I think you are also light skinned
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
Blackfyre:

I know you are above 18.... I can also see how you are being clever.

I think you are also light skinned

Hahaha.. Ahbeg, sleep dey catch me.
See you around.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Okoiobomaokoi(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
I..fully..agree..with..this
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 12:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Incrizz:

Well understood...

Good
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by bennyann: 5:23am On Dec 24, 2017
We're in a world where many take wedding as marriage, so they wouldn't understand when one say sex is marriage.

They prefer jumping the first and second stage straight to the last stage so as to convince themselves they aren't married.

What do I expect in a world many pretend to frown at virgins so as to pop the cherry before the plan of any wedding.

A joining of two parts can also be said to be marriage. You don't pick a particular definition and leave the rest to suit you.

How do you call a man and a woman, doing all married people do for years, even have children yet they don't see it as marriage because the man hasn't put a ring on her or made it legal? May God forgive us.

If we all think the hymen is all for decoration then we are fools. If we all think exchanging secretions of each other is nothing, then I wonder what kind of beings we are. We do not need to be religious before knowing some things are sacred.

AAlmost all religions (even that of the devils) are aware of the sacredness of such. That should tell us something.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 11:01am On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:
We're in a world where many take wedding as marriage, so they wouldn't understand when one say sex is marriage.

They prefer jumping the first and second stage straight to the last stage so as to convince themselves they aren't married.

What do I expect in a world many pretend to frown at virgins so as to pop the cherry before the plan of any wedding.

A joining of two parts can also be said to be marriage. You don't pick a particular definition and leave the rest to suit you.

How do you call a man and a woman, doing all married people do for years, even have children yet they don't see it as marriage because the man hasn't put a ring on her or made it legal? May God forgive us.

If we all think the hymen is all for decoration then we are fools. If we all think exchanging secretions of each other is nothing, then I wonder what kind of beings we are. We do not need to be religious before knowing some things are sacred.

AAlmost all religions (even that of the devils) are aware of the sacredness of such. That should tell us something.

Brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by JacksonD7: 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
I don't fully agree with this, if the act of having sex equals marriage. Then why do some portions of the Bible, have harsh passages regarding children born outside wedlock.

You can have sex with someone for 15 years and have three kids, that doesn't mean you're married.

Let's not forget that the Bible says flee from fornication, a.k.a premarital sex. If having sex equals marriage, why would that be a problem?.

Toks2008
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by bennyann: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
Toks2008:

Brilliant.

Tank u... smiley
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by bennyann: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
JacksonD7:
I don't fully agree with this, if the act of having sex equals marriage. Then why do some portions of the Bible, have harsh passages regarding children born outside wedlock.

You can have sex with someone for 15 years and have three kids, that doesn't mean you're married.

Let's not forget that the Bible says flee from fornication, a.k.a premarital sex. If having sex equals marriage, why would that be a problem?.

Toks2008

Nice points you raise to ponder on

The legal system won't recognize the bolded as married but family and friends will automatically call it marriage and it will be a very wicked thing on the part of one of them to get married to another legally. This is the gimmick many use so as to play around freely all because they believe the legal society they live in see them not as married.

The op does not mean having sex with someone qualifiés you as a married person without endorsing it traditionally or legally but it means you're joined together, knitted together, a part of each other with whoever you have sex with and this union we don't recognize in reality functions equally as the one we recognize. It also doesn't mean it is no longer called fornication or adultery but it was rather educating us on how we become one, joined together with whomever we have sex with.

I believe sex endorses a marriage than the legal document or the dowry. A marriage without sex can't be called a marriage. Sex is what defines marriage the more, it is the key of marriage.

I also believe sex without the first two stages mentioned in the op, that is, leaving your family and be joined to your spouse is the source of rapid decadence in our planet.

If we see sex as marriage, it will reduce the rate of having numerous sex partners.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by JacksonD7: 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

The legal system won't recognize the bolded as married but family and friends will automatically call it marriage and it will be a very wicked thing on the part of one of them to get married to another legally. This is the gimmick many use so as to play around freely all because they believe the legal society they live in see them not as married.

The op does not mean having sex with someone qualifiés you as a married person without endorsing it traditionally or legally but it means you're joined together, knitted together, a part of each other with whoever you have sex with and this union we don't recognize in reality functions equally as the one we recognize. It also doesn't mean it is no longer called fornication or adultery but it was rather educating us on how we become one, joined together with whomever we have sex with.

I believe sex endorses a marriage than the legal document or the dowry. A marriage without sex can't be called a marriage. Sex is what defines marriage the more, it is the key of marriage.

I also believe sex without the first two stages mentioned in the op, that is, leaving your family and be joined to your spouse is the source of rapid decadence in our planet.

If we see sex as marriage, it will reduce the rate of having numerous sex partners.

Nice points too, the leaving your family part is also integral to marriage. I'm well aware of the fact that having sex with someone creates a bond.

But, I can't classify that as marriage. An answer I found online can give more clarification

https://www.gotquestions.org/sex-equal-marriage.html
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

Thanks once again for the bail out.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jupxter:

You were checking me out I'm shocked

I am not so sure if I should post this here or by mail.
When I said, "checking you out", I had no idea what I was saying o shocked

But I decided to do some digging today, Christmas day (because i have so much time on my hands), and my! I saw things!! grin shocked

Wait! Are you just having fun or that's the impression you'd like people to have of your online personality or that's the real you??

Wow wow wow.

When I said, "you like talk", sincerely I had no idea what I was saying o shocked
Wait, do you type from a phone or from a computer?

You dey type o shocked
Twale!

*Plus I am genuinely worried. Hope you're okay??
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
linearity:

HE told her the truth, Go call your husband. (Husband being the truth here)(She was one-ing with him. In the spiritual, she was married)

If your position was correct...Jesus would have said...Go call your husbands, because the Bible told us she have had five husbands and if you count the one she is currently with, that make it six...Jesus did not pluralize the husband...but your position indicates she must be having six spiritual husbands/marriages.

Why are you like this...?
She was living with only one of them.

Polyandry I'm sure was even a taboo at that point in time. I dunno.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by linearity: 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Incrizz:

Why are you like this...?
She was living with only one of them.

Polyandry I'm sure was even a taboo at that point in time. I dunno.

You clearly missed the genealogy of this conversation, you can read back previous exchanges to be able to understand.

Based on the previous exchanges, the fact that she was living with only one man at this time was immaterial and the comment I was responding to said, Jesus was referencing her ‘spiritual’ and not the physical husband(s), when he said ‘Go bring the husband’
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
linearity:

You clearly missed the genealogy of this conversation, you can read back previous exchanges to be able to understand.

Based on the previous exchanges, the fact that she was living with only one man at this time was immaterial and the comment I was responding to said, Jesus was referencing her ‘spiritual’ and not the physical husband(s), when he said ‘Go bring the husband’

Awww... You don't understand. Please don't worry.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
What of with condom?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaydion: 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nice writeup. A good reminder that in the midst of present day chaotic decadence, ppl still appreciate the sanity and sanctity of morals. because corporate, social media and street oloshoism is fast becoming a norm.

I think it should caption "sex should be marriage" tho. Marriage according to the Bible and even most human cultures is meant to formalize and concretize sexual intercourse between couples. That is why Paul said that "marriage is honourable in all."

Also, the 3 steps of marriage you delineated does not necessarily include sex. This is being very hypothetical tho; but imagine a man and woman agreeing to get married without ever having sex (I cant imagine it myself...lol). I don't see anything unscriptural about it cos marriage has tons of other benefits and privileges asides sex. The couple may also have some peculiar challenges that wont allow for sex.

Thanks.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
Incrizz:

How did Adam and Eve become man and wife?
It's the world system that has helped man redefine the terms to make sin look, "not so bad".

God says sex is marriage.
One.

World says, "nah, too hard."
If you don't do ceremonies, parental consent, sign papers, sex is not marriage.

It's the devil's way.
Did God really say you should not eat of this tree. You will not surely die but become like God and know every thing.

Sex is not really marriage until you've done prenuptial, pre-wedding photos, pre-wedding showers, traditional marriage, court marriage, white wedding. If you don't do these, she arnt you're wife but side cheek, she arbt your wife but your concubine.

...and almost everyone buys into it because they wanna eat their cake and have it. Flesh wants the easy way out.

Thank God for His mercies and forgiveness. HE will forgive any one who's genuinely repentant.

PLEASE CAN YOU KINDLY DEFINE THIS WORD FORNICATION. Thank you!
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Incrizz

It crossed my mind to tell you. There is this church where God himself speaks through a human. I don't know if you will be interested at checking it out for yourself. There is a special service on Thursdays, if you want could mail you the address so you see for yourself.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Blackfyre:
Incrizz

It crossed my mind to tell you. There is this church where God himself speaks through a human. I don't know if you will be interested at checking it out for yourself. There is a special service on Thursdays, if you want could mail you the address so you see for yourself.

Hahaha Blackfyre...
For what dear?
Nah.

And as my dear friend, I ask you to run.
God doesn't do show offs ooo.
Runnnnnnn!!
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
WORDWORLD:

PLEASE CAN YOU KINDLY DEFINE THIS WORD FORNICATION. Thank you!

These are just feel good terms that have over the years being adopted by man and are legally acceptable to man.

God wanted to be The King of Israel Himself but they said they wanted a human king, like other nations. God gave them that.

Jesus told His disciples that in the beginning it was not so, Moses had to give them divorce because they were stiff

You've qualified sex meant only for man and wife into marital sex, fornication, adultery etc Fine!
God is not fighting.
Can you now just get married and stop sleeping around then?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
Incrizz:

Hahaha Blackfyre...
For what dear?
Nah.

And as my dear friend, I ask you to run.
God doesn't do show offs ooo.
Runnnnnnn!!

What do you mean showoffs? Help me understand in what way do you mean?...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Was Once A Prostitute, Recruited Girls In Edo – Mummy GO (Video) / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / Light Up Gombe Mega Crusade In Pictures: Adeboye, Son, Enenche, Daughter Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.