Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari (26649 Views)

I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari / I Don’t Know How To Make Money – Buhari / I'm Afraid Opposition Has More Money - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
tsmat:

Am not supporting Buhari here ooo but do you really think the Nigerian economy was good before he got there?.
Read my comments again, he made it worse. Worst if you prefer.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah bro

Have you heard from your party leader fani kayode

He's making sense in the other news
The little education you have wasn't enough to let you know that strong men don't make great countries but strong institutions do.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by wirinet(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
frankyychiji:
The little education you have wasn't enough to let you know that strong men don't make great countries but strong institutions do.

I disagree with you on this. Although strong institutions are good, great countries and empires were built by strong men. Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar built the roman empire, Alexander the great built the Greek empire, King David built the first Jewish kingdom and David Ben Gurion buIlton the modern state of israel, George Washington and a few men built the modern United States, etc. The list of strong men building strong countries is endless.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
wirinet:

I disagree with you on this. Although strong institutions are good, great countries and empires were built by strong men. Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar built the roman empire, Alexander the great built the Greek empire, King David built the first Jewish kingdom and David Ben Gurion buIlton the modern state of israel, George Washington and a few men built the modern United States, etc. The list of strong men building strong countries is endless.
OK. Buhari is not a Nigerian strong man but a northern strong man and me and you know what their level is up there.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Ovamboland(m): 1:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
thewritingtodo:

Before you shout your lungs out, please I NEVER said they should steal in order to leave an inheritance for their children..so everything you've so elucidated doesn't pertain to me..but thanks for the education anyways. I meant to say that even GOOD, non-thieving, respectful and honourable parents do so for their kids, without having to soil their names. Next time, I will be more elaborate, so you don't get it all mixed up.

So the three houses and top notch education he gave his children is not inheritance? Until he opens account with $1 billion for each of them he has done nothing for them?
The loans he took for the house did he not pay back from his legitimate earnings? Even Bill and Hillary Clinton took a loan to buy a house after his presidency and paid back gradually.

We still think in terms of someone earning 2 million per annum having capacity to drop 200 million cash to buy a house
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by winterfell007(m): 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Esseite:

Great... your ability to seek for lucrative ventures to take you off your current predicament or level is what makes you progress... you cant sit on a spot and expect progress.. you dont neccessarily need to dip hands in public funds to acclaim wealth. But you need to think it first. The president saying he does not know how to make money is him already accepting he cant think it.

Essite, why do u bother educating that fool. Can't u see he's literally lost like his confused Lord and personal saviour (Buhari dummy). Just imagine what a whole head of state could say at his 'football' age. Even my baby cousin understands how to make money and grasp every opportunities that comes his way more than that grand fool we call 'Mr. President' atiku is a whole lot better than that scumbag of a scammer.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Alonzoh(m): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Para Mood!!... buhari u go suffer!!.. animal. Bleep this goddamn country.. am tired.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by uloewa: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bolster:
As a matter of fact, that's one of the qualities Nigerians sees in him.

Nigeria as a country doesn't necessarily need a politician who knows how to make or acquire personal fortune. What we need is a patriotic Nigeria who isn't motivated by personal aggrandizement and wealth accumulation.

In a country where public office is guarantee way to become rich, If someone who's held several public offices had to borrowed to build his houses then such person has lived an exemplary life.

Today in Nigeria, there's NO politician, I repeat, no politician that can boldly say the something President Buhari said.

It is no surprise that the world is admiring this rare of man, a rare gem in the public service, a man who can proudly and boldly said:

"I came into this world with nothing and I will leave with nothing, why should I steal?"

And why should anybody who is sensible, morally responsible, religiously upright and patriotic ever want to steal the commonwealth of close to 200 million people?

God bless President Buhari

Borrowed money without collateral and paid back through which money , the one produced by his cows? This man should allow us rest with his tales by moonlight. Always talking about the past. He should talk about the present hypocracy he is running. The level pf corruption under buhari is mind boggling
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Arinurode: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
But you can be good at STEALING it! Ole barawo
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by yanshDoctor: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
sanchos9607:

This is crass illiteracy. If you had any iota of literary acumen you would understand what the president was referring to.

Let me enlighten you. He meant that he is not able to steal public funds.

He was just politely elucidating the difference in style and culture between him and his political opponents. If you believe public officers that go in poor and leave office rich all "made money" while in office and it was not linked to corruption, you are deluding yourself.
shut up there illiterate. oh you are the one to speak for him? or twist what he already said.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by newoffer: 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
u know how to kolobi money. We are not fools Bro
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by wirinet(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
You guys are just arguing senselessly. How many military officers have you seen that knows how to make money? I am not taking about stealing money directly from the treasury, I am not taking about using influence to get oil Wells, I am not taking about using influence to buy national assets at next to nothing and I am not talking about using influence to win non existent contracts or over inflated contracts. I am talking about actually making money producing goods and services. IBB? OBJ? Danjuma, David Mark?

I know many retired military officers who become dead broke a few years after retirement, because they just don't know how to do business.

What about civil servants? Their own case is even almost as bad as military officers. That is why they steal as much as they can before they retire and invest the stolen funds in properties, stocks, shares and bonds, so they don't go broke in the nearest future.

The funniest thing is that most people condemning Buhari's statement here have no idea of how to make money, they are either jobless or working for someone. Some have failed in their business ventures.

Enterprenuership is both a skill and a talent, something you cannot teach in a school. That is why professors of Business administration or economics do not necessarily make good business men. Very few people have the ability to make money or become success business men and women.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Lexpaulz(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided IF HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE MONEY... THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SLEEP.

Lol...nchi
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by ivandragon: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
pmb is right...

he doesn't know how to make money, but he knows how to embezzle it & clean mouth...
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Josiah202(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
U borrowed money to build d houses u have...
And u Pay d money back from government pulse..... And yet u dont know how to make money abi?
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by DonaldYusuf(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
sanchos9607:

This is crass illiteracy. If you had any iota of literary acumen you would understand what the president was referring to.

Let me enlighten you. He meant that he is not able to steal public funds.

He was just politely elucidating the difference in style and culture between him and his political opponents. If you believe public officers that go in poor and leave office rich all "made money" while in office and it was not linked to corruption, you are deluding yourself.
Thank God someone understood what the president was saying. I was getting worried when after reading up to page 3 I couldn't find someone that saw this part:

“So, if you people are serious and interested about political officers becoming multi-billionaires, you can find out from Murtala downwards. And those of us who were not very good in making money you should pity us".

Wait ooh! Is it that we don't read in Nigeria? Or is it that we read but refuse to understand? The president was talking about making money and becoming a "multi-billionaire" as a public servant. In order words, he was talking about stealing or corruption.

So, what he was saying was that he doesn't know how to steal public funds (make money).

Please we all should go back and read the interview again. But I know rather than do that, some persons will come here with insults.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by ebuclassic18(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
No wonder the economy is bad,,,,,one chance
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Obdk: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
smogup:
Big ugly lier.

How come all your children schooled abroad?

How come he had been traveling abroad for treatment before he became the President

Pls tell us another lie. Only zombies will believe this.

he didn't say he doesn't know how to steal money..
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by MrHenshaw: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
nwakibie3:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said his major weakness lies in not knowing how to make money.

He also disclosed that he even borrowed money to build his three houses in Daura, Abuja and Kaduna.

The President made this known while speaking on his assets during an Interview with Sun Newspaper.

According to him, “When Murtala/Obasanjo regime came, they made sure that certain grades of public officers must declare their assets when they assumed that office and they must declare when they were leaving. So, when I was sworn in as governor of North East, I declared my assets.

“I declared surprisingly, even the number of my cows then. Even if they were supposed to be producing every year, but I declared them the time I was there. And when I was leaving governorship, I became petroleum minister.

“When I was leaving to go to War College, I declared my assets. I could recall General Jemibewon then, was the Adjutant-General of the Army. He rang me and said he was sending me asset declaration form, that I must fill it, sign it before I left for the United States. And I did.

“General Jemibewon is still alive. And when I became head of state eventually, I declared my assets again.

“So, if you people are serious and interested about political officers becoming multi-billionaires, you can find out from Murtala downwards. And those of us who were not very good in making money you should pity us.

“Everybody likes money but I am not very good at making money. Let me put it that way. I borrowed from the banks to build the house in Daura and the one in Abuja that you mentioned and the one in Kano. The bank then was Barclays, now Union Bank. Kaduna State or North Central then housing scheme and the Federal Mortgage Bank for the house I am in and AIB, which was, I think, terminated by Central Bank. So, when you go through the records, you find out that the houses I built, I borrowed from there.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/19/dont-know-make-money-buhari/

And you don't want the Igbo's to teach you?
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by chukuli(m): 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
There is no shame in that
We already know you are a dullard How you lied your way to Aso rock is a mystery Your head is empty You know nothing
150 cows in 2015 150 cows in 2017
Cheers I made it 200 likes
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by chukuli(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
There is no shame in that
We already know you are a dullard How you lied your way to Aso rock is a mystery Your head is empty You know nothing
150 cows in 2015 150 cows in 2017
Cheers I made it 200 likes,Bleep buahri
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by chukuli(m): 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
just imagine wat dis mad man said in public
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by engrchykae(m): 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Little wonder you have been borrowing since you became president because you have always been a borrower.
Since you don't know how to make money,how can you know how to improve the economy of Nigeria.
Who else noticed that Buhari have overtaken Mugabe in talking Nonsense.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Franklyspeakin: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
like we didnt know before
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Bolster(m): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
manutdadex:
ahhhh? Let me help u.. Everybody likes money (including him) but i dont knw how to make money.. He likes money but don't know how to make.. Since he likes but Dont knw how to het it.. If he sees money he will waste it ( medical tourism) since u don't know aw to make it... He cant trace it.. Or even knw aw money works... U zobism na another level

Apparently, you don't understand what he was trying to say.

But let me even use your twisted logic to enlighten you a little bit.

Because he doesn't know how to make himself wealthy is NOT same as wasting fund. The stories of highly successful men who worked for their money and end up blowing it all up abounds. Google some and learn.

Thus knowing how to make money is not same as knowing how to spend it wisely. Likewise, not knowing how to make money is not same as not knowing how to spend. As much as they are not mutually exclusive, they are not mutually interdependent.

FYI, that the President of a country went to another country to seek for medical treatment is country could hardly provide is not medical tourism. The life of the President is highly precious and the country is obligated to take responsibility for his health and safety. It is the same worldwide.

But let me educate you on how a leader can be very wasteful. When David Cameron was the Prime Minister of UK he was regularly going on holiday outside the UK. In 2011 alone David Cameron went to
Grenada, Ibiza in Spain and Tuscany in Italy. But David knows how to make money, in fact he is very rich because he is from a wealthy family. But using your logic he was still wasting UK resources going tourism using holiday as excuses.

Do you want me to talk about Donald Trump who even though he was from a very family still made his billions after so many bankruptcies. Do you want me to talk about how he is wasting the US resources?

You see my "zombism" as you put is truly on another level, a so high level it accords me a superior reasoning capacity, something you clearly lack.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Bolster(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
uloewa:

Borrowed money without collateral and paid back through which money , the one produced by his cows? This man should allow us rest with his tales by moonlight. Always talking about the past. He should talk about the present hypocracy he is running. The level pf corruption under buhari is mind boggling

Apparently you didn't even read the story or you didn't comprehend at all.

Do you need a collateral when you're applying for a mortgage?

And there's no crime committed whenever Buhari talks about the past, after all the past made him who he is today.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by manutdadex(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Bolster:

Apparently, you don't understand what he was trying to say.

But let me even use your twisted logic to enlighten you a little bit.

Because he doesn't know how to make himself wealthy is NOT same as wasting fund. The stories of highly successful men who worked for their money and end up blowing it all up abounds. Google some and learn.

Thus knowing how to make money is not same as knowing how to spend it wisely. Likewise, not knowing how to make money is not same as not knowing how to spend. As much as they are not mutually exclusive, they are not mutually interdependent.

FYI, that the President of a country went to another country to seek for medical treatment is country could hardly provide is not medical tourism. The life of the President is highly precious and the country is obligated to take responsibility for his health and safety. It is the same worldwide.

But let me educate you on how a leader can be very wasteful. When David Cameron was the Prime Minister of UK he was regularly going on holiday outside the UK. In 2011 alone David Cameron went to
Grenada, Ibiza in Spain and Tuscany in Italy. But David knows how to make money, in fact he is very rich because he is from a wealthy family. But using your logic he was still wasting UK resources going tourism using holiday as excuses.

Do you want me to talk about Donald Trump who even though he was from a very family still made his billions after so many bankruptcies. Do you want me to talk about how he is wasting the US resources?

You see my "zombism" as you put is truly on another level, a so high level it accords me a superior reasoning capacity, something you clearly lack.
lol... Medical tourism after budgeting billions of Naira on aso rock clinic... Looking to withdraw 1billion dollars to fight bokoharam.. N yet he is not wasteful.. Guy ur zobism is truly on another level. If don't know aw many works or how to make it... U cant manage it.. No wonder he borrows everytime he wants to build house. And his 150 cows has refused to grow... No wonder Nigeria's economy is not growing.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Amacaco: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2017
Buhari (like Everyone) likes money but he does not know how to make money(manage and control men, resources and other factors needed) in order to create wealth. Knowing how to make money does not mean you must be a billionaire or millionaire. Making money also does not mean you must steal or be a successful fraudster, thief or criminal. You need to have the savvy to create wealth and money by the way you think, talk, and act, the way you recruit, manage men and resources around you to bring happiness and prosperity to people who look up to you. These are the qualities Buhari is lacking and he has actually confessed to that. Even if he has never stolen public funds(I am yet to be convinced since he said he likes money too), it does not detract from the point he made that he has lived all his life on borrowing, charity and public funds (salaries,allowances and pension). Nigeria deserves a better leader than that.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by Bolster(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2017
manutdadex:
lol... Medical tourism after budgeting billions of Naira on aso rock clinic... Looking to withdraw 1billion dollars to fight bokoharam.. N yet he is not wasteful.. Guy ur zobism is truly on another level. If don't know aw many works or how to make it... U cant manage it.. No wonder he borrows everytime he wants to build house. And his 150 cows has refused to grow... No wonder Nigeria's economy is not growing.

I was tempted to ignore your comment because it stinks of ignorance but I thought I will be doing an humanitarian work by educating you a little bit.

First, you have little understanding of the term Medical Tourism that's why you're using it arbitrarily. You can be pardon for misusing it.

Second, if billions were budgeted for Aso Rock Clinic, do you expect such "Clinic" to have all the necessary equipment, facilities and qualified personnel with requisite experiences available to treat President Buhari of his illness? You expected that to happen within how many years? The hospital PMB used to treat himself in London, do you have an idea of how long it took them and how much it cost them to have such standards?

Then talking about $1bn from ECA to fight Boko Haram, though unrelated to the topic but you're still ignorant about it all. How much does APCs, Jets, Gears, Guns etc cost from the international market? Do you know how much the US has spent in their war against terrorism and yet they haven't defeat terrorism? Do you know how much grant US give Isreal every year just to fight tiny Palestine? In 2014 GEJ withdrew $2bn from ECA to fight Boko Haram what did he used it for? Did you query such withdrawal back then?

You talking about PMB cows is just pure bunkum. How could you have known that his cows aren't growing? We're the cows meant to be used as arts in a museum? Are they not supposed to be sold? What if some had had calf and some sold off? What if they have had some mortalities? Make use of your nous once in a while.

Finally, Nigeria economy is actually growing faster than even World Bank and IMF estimates. Again, make use of that thing enclosed within your skull it is suppose to improve your mental capacity and learning ability.
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by GEJDHERO: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2017
shino62:
. Ahh!! E still de pain you? Abeg you go die, mtchew.
shatap zombie
Re: I Am Not Good At Making Money – Buhari by manutdadex(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bolster:

I was tempted to ignore your comment because it stinks of ignorance but I thought I will be doing an humanitarian work by educating you a little bit.

First, you have little understanding of the term Medical Tourism that's why you're using it arbitrarily. You can be pardon for misusing it.

Second, if billions were budgeted for Aso Rock Clinic, do you expect such "Clinic" to have all the necessary equipment, facilities and qualified personnel with requisite experiences available to treat President Buhari of his illness? You expected that to happen within how many years? The hospital PMB used to treat himself in London, do you have an idea of how long it took them and how much it cost them to have such standards?

Then talking about $1bn from ECA to fight Boko Haram, though unrelated to the topic but you're still ignorant about it all. How much does APCs, Jets, Gears, Guns etc cost from the international market? Do you know how much the US has spent in their war against terrorism and yet they haven't defeat terrorism? Do you know how much grant US give Isreal every year just to fight tiny Palestine? In 2014 GEJ withdrew $2bn from ECA to fight Boko Haram what did he used it for? Did you query such withdrawal back then?

You talking about PMB cows is just pure bunkum. How could you have known that his cows aren't growing? We're the cows meant to be used as arts in a museum? Are they not supposed to be sold? What if some had had calf and some sold off? What if they have had some mortalities? Make use of your nous once in a while.

Finally, Nigeria economy is actually growing faster than even World Bank and IMF estimates. Again, make use of that thing enclosed within your skull it is suppose to improve your mental capacity and learning ability.

are u kidding... So u are trying justify Your Savior's actions.. Then there is Ntin i can tell that will change ur mind. Gracias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma: Gulak's Death Is A Clear Case Of Political Assassination / Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted / Dino Melaye Disses The ‘state,’ Says ‘I Remain Unbowed’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.