Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges (32868 Views)

David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Shallow And Irrational Atheist Exposed Yet Again For His Strawman Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Mmmmm, The King makes sense. SATIRE !!!! Ok I could explain like this to Kingebukasblog without derailing his world changing topic.

King, I will get back to you on this.

Alright then , no problem smiley

2 Likes

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
We don't have empirical evidence that Jesus exists as God in Heaven but we have good reasons from the bible and his life on earth to conclude that Jesus is indeed God in Heaven .

But then, I could doubt that the Bible is really legit. I do believe it went through a lot of intentional human alteration. So Using Bible passages wouldn't actually be the best way to convince me.

I can bring evidence , reason and tenable arguments to support the existence of God which I know you can't refute (no one has ever refuted them though ) and win your cash . Should we try it smiley
Yes we should. grin . It's just that I don't have the money to reward you with loll. Would an acknowledgment that you are one of the smartest people I've come across do?

Well the relationship with Christ is a personal one . Some have witnessed many encounters with a Christophany (the appearance of Christ ), so they can say based on their experience that Christ is indeed alive .

well yes I know this. I used to wish I'd be one of these people so I could finally be sure of something lol. But how exactly do the words of people make it a fact? I used to strongly believe that I felt christ in me, like so many people do/did. I Never had the chance of actually seeing him.
How can you convince me that these people were not lying, did not hallucinate, and actually told the truth?

If I were close-minded , I wont have been willing to put the challenge up to talk of doling out cash to anyone who wins it
This makes sense, but you could have also done it with a lot of sarcasm, you understand lol grin . "Oya nau, you think you atheists are smart, comman collect my money" (you knew they won't lol). You doing this doesn't necesarilly make me feel you are open-minded. But your reply to me just did. Maybe I perceived an attitude in your previous comments because tyou simply did not like the way some people presented their points.

See dear , I deal with facts , raw facts . Not farce . Looking at history and the present theists have always been the smartest and with the best contributions to the progress of mankind . I can go on and on and on with the names of the greatest minds who were theists and the present ones who have extremely high IQs . Its all been theists .

Well, looking at Bill Gates and the salaries of some footballers, I can state as a fact, that school drop-outs are the richest people on earth. Am I wrong?

Eistein was a Theist, very intelligent (fact), had a very high IQ(fact and fact).
But how many people have lived on this earth? we've had billions (fact)
You can correctly tell me that the dumbest person to ever live was/is an atheist (not a fact)
You can correctly tell me the the top 1 billion most stupid people were mostly atheists or that the top 5 billion smartest people were theists? You really can't do this.

Just because A lot of inventors and notable alumni were theist doesn't give you the world-wide statitistic of smart/dumb- theist/atheist people. That was way too general to ever be accurate.

There are intelligent atheists but they are very few and sometimes intelligent people have silly and idiotic beliefs .
100 percent True. But the same goes for Christians. Have we not seen the news? women sleeping with pastors because they want a miracle from God!

Who do you say I am ?
grin
I hope that was a joke because I found it really funny lol. I say you're christian. Just didn't want to make a loud assumption.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What is the point of reducing the money when he clearly has no intent of giving it to anyone?

Would you participate in a game if you are the referee?
the challenge didn't come up an hour ago, maybe the op doesn't have all the time in the world. Hence the challenge expires after a while. Even without the monetary incentive, I see no reason why the atheist shouldn't' want to clarify the position of the op (and all following) since that's the lie they claim brought them to the RELIGION SECTION. Besides, quite a number of atheists have seen it very early. I believe the rules by the op are clear enough for any that is willing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2017
dalaman:

So even your God can not preserve his words and their true meanings.

KEB did not address any of my questions.
it is ENGLISH! ENGLISH! that has changed... they tell you that so that you don't get a miss guided meaning like you keep getting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What is the point of reducing the money when he clearly has no intent of giving it to anyone?

Would you participate in a game if you are the referee?
and yes I would if I happen to have something to offer...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Then Sam Harris was right about Luke 19: 27 undecided . Are you kidding me right now undecided6l

I am not talking about Sam Harris.

I just told you that their sins can be traced in other verses in the book of Jeremiah . Haven't you read the bible before ?? undecided

Show me the offence they were punished for according to the verse. You said I should show you the evil God commited in the verse na. Show me the offence committed in the verse that they were punished for.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by dalaman: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Who is 'we'? undecided Its obviously what you tell yourself grin grin

Lies

Also there are other non-Christian sources listed and the bible was also referenced to show the similarity as it was done here with the Babylonian Talmud

Here's an excerpt from the article :

Evidence from the Babylonian Talmud

There are only a few clear references to Jesus in the Babylonian Talmud, a collection of Jewish rabbinical writings compiled between approximately A.D. 70-500. Given this time frame, it is naturally supposed that earlier references to Jesus are more likely to be historically reliable than later ones. In the case of the Talmud, the earliest period of compilation occurred between A.D. 70-200.[20] The most significant reference to Jesus from this period states:

On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald ... cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."[21]

Let's examine this passage. You may have noticed that it refers to someone named "Yeshu." So why do we think this is Jesus? Actually, "Yeshu" (or "Yeshua"wink is how Jesus' name is pronounced in Hebrew. But what does the passage mean by saying that Jesus "was hanged"? Doesn't the New Testament say he was crucified? Indeed it does. But the term "hanged" can function as a synonym for "crucified." For instance, Galatians 3:13 declares that Christ was "hanged", and Luke 23:39 applies this term to the criminals who were crucified with Jesus.[22] So the Talmud declares that Jesus was crucified on the eve of Passover. But what of the cry of the herald that Jesus was to be stoned? This may simply indicate what the Jewish leaders were planning to do.[23] If so, Roman involvement changed their plans! [24]

The passage also tells us why Jesus was crucified. It claims He practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy! Since this accusation comes from a rather hostile source, we should not be too surprised if Jesus is described somewhat differently than in the New Testament. But if we make allowances for this, what might such charges imply about Jesus?

Interestingly, both accusations have close parallels in the canonical gospels. For instance, the charge of sorcery is similar to the Pharisees' accusation that Jesus cast out demons "by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons."[25] But notice this: such a charge actually tends to confirm the New Testament claim that Jesus performed miraculous feats. Apparently Jesus' miracles were too well attested to deny. The only alternative was to ascribe them to sorcery! Likewise, the charge of enticing Israel to apostasy parallels Luke's account of the Jewish leaders who accused Jesus of misleading the nation with his teaching.[26] Such a charge tends to corroborate the New Testament record of Jesus' powerful teaching ministry. Thus, if read carefully, this passage from the Talmud confirms much of our knowledge about Jesus from the New Testament.

Which lies?

There are noticeable challenges to the identification of Yeshu as Jesus. The two individuals often cited as being representations of Jesus are Yeshu ben Pandera/ben Pappos, and Yeshu the Pharisee. The Talmud mentions Yeshu ben Pandera's stepfather, Pappos ben Yehuda, as being among those martyred with Rabbi Akiva,[3] who was executed at the climax of the Bar Kokhba revolt in 135 CE.[4][5] Furthermore, Yeshu the Pharisee is described as being a student of the second-century BCE nasi Joshua ben Perachiah, as well as being among the exiled Pharisees returning to Israel following their persecution[6][7] by John Hyrcanus.[8] These events would place the lifetime of either Yeshu decades before, or decades after, the birth and death of Jesus.[9][10]

The first Christian censorship of the Talmud happened in the year 521.[11] However, far better documented censorship began during the disputations of the Middle Ages. Advocates for the Catholic Church alleged that the Talmud contained blasphemous references to Jesus and his mother, Mary. Jewish apologists during the disputations said there were no references to Jesus in the Talmud, and claimed Joshua and its derivations was a common Jewish name, that they referred to other individuals. The disputations led to many of the references being removed (censored) from subsequent editions of the Talmud.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_the_Talmud
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2017
@KingEbukasBlog

It's like I forgot what I really came here for. I can't make arguments so I just had some questions I wanted to ask you.
I really doubt you can answer them all. Well you can, but prolly not without thinking you're making a mistake, or directly, or refering to a bible passage (though I question the Bible).
I've tried asking other Christians, but I think they "run away", like they don't have answers. I actually have a lot of these questions. If someone had given me satisfying answers, I honestly would have remained a really strong christian.
My dad, for example, told me that the best thing to do would be to not ask questions. That sounded very fishy But that way I could keep my faith.
If I'm right and you cannot answer my questions tho, that would be like me winning your challenge. wink
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This robot.
No, its the next robot, then turn right.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

the challenge didn't come up an hour ago, maybe the op doesn't have all the time in the world. Hence the challenge expires after a while. Even without the monetary incentive, I see no reason why the atheist shouldn't' want to clarify the position of the op (and all following) since that's the lie they claim brought them to the RELIGION SECTION. Besides, quite a number of atheists have seen it very early. I believe the rules by the op are clear enough for any that is willing.
Very true ! The money is making the Low-level unregistered Atheists very nervous. Did you notice, the King gave a smart example of "Satire" and it almost shut this Thread down.

So I asked my unregistered Motor mechanic who happens to also be an unregistered Atheist, what is satire? and without blinking he replied, "it is a spare Tire." I dont know what to make of it. It is the forth time that I returned to him with the same problem.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Very true ! The money is making the Low-level unregistered Atheists very nervous. Did you notice, the King gave a smart example of "Satire" and it almost shut this Thread down.

So I asked my unregistered Motor mechanic who happens to also be an unregistered Atheist, what is satire? and without blinking he replied, "it is a spare Tire." I dont know what to make of it. It is the forth time that I returned to him with the same problem.
Lol... the forth time? an 'unregistered' atheist? lemme not scatter this wonderful thread but that's ironic given the alleged relationship between atheists and 'high' IQ... Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by sonofthunder: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:
@KingEbukasBlog

It's like I forgot what I really came here for. I can't make arguments so I just had some questions I wanted to ask you.
I really doubt you can answer them all. Well you can, but prolly not without thinking you're making a mistake, or directly, or refering to a bible passage (though I question the Bible).
I've tried asking other Christians, but I think they "run away", like they don't have answers. I actually have a lot of these questions. If someone had given me satisfying answers, I honestly would have remained a really strong christian.
My dad, for example, told me that the best thing to do would be to not ask questions. That sounded very fishy But that way I could keep my faith.
If I'm right and you cannot answer my questions tho, that would be like me winning your challenge. wink

regardless of kingebuka's answer, all I can say is "hmmmmm".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

they all seem to be dodging the challenge by attacking the integrity of the op... maybe they should see it as a means of liberating the op alongside other theists following the thread (at least they claim to want to liberate us from 'whatsoever' hence the reason they spend all their time on the RELIGION SECTION).
Yes indeed ! These Low-Level unregistered Atheists have managed to liberate me from many doubts I had about the existence of God. It is from atheists that I indirectly learned the startling difference between spiritual tuition and secular tuition.

The few High-Level Atheists are acutely aware of this bonus to believers. Hence the shocking confusion among the wannabe atheists
when they see the biggest stadiums constantly filled to the brim with new believers in God. Why do you think Atheists will never hire even the smallest stadium ? It is because one hour into the worship of No-god, the empty stadium is proof that their No- god is inferior.

I know that I can prove that No-god is real by simply using one small stadium.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

and yes I would if I happen to have something to offer...
MmmMmm ! Very smart. It is alleged that a psychology clinical study proved that insanity and selfishness are synonymous.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

Lol... the forth time? an 'unregistered' atheist? lemme not scatter this wonderful thread but that's ironic given the alleged relationship between atheists and 'high' IQ... Lol.
I also have a high IQ of 27, so what are they bragging about? Besides, there is something far superior than intelligence, IT IS WISDOM.

Wisdom cannot be gained by memorizing exam papers, nor from ignoring a challenge such as this one offered by a truly WISE man and esteemed Nairalander, Kingebukasblog.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

it is ENGLISH! ENGLISH! that has changed... they tell you that so that you don't get a miss guided meaning like you keep getting.

I see the problem Dalaman is giving you Sir. He has been giving his other teachers Kingebukasblog and Butterfl1on the same problems. He is one of a rare group that gets an erection from burdening his teachers. Psychologist have found that this behavior is identical
to a team member deflating his opponents soccer ball before a match.

1 Like

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

ScienceWatch, Finland Votes To Protect Children From Christianity would be an example of what we were talking about.

Guh ! Your link actually point out a dreadful social nightmare. It also says, "Many who are familiar with the socio-political workings of Finland point to the Lutheran Evangelical Church’s refusal to marry same-sex couples as the rallying point to pass The Richard Dawkins Act. Same-sex marriage just became legal in Finland, making it the last Scandinavian country to recognize that homosexuals are real people with feelings and such.

One man having sex with another man in Holy matrimony is no joke Sir. After all his passionate labour, he becomes depressed because he remains childless. If they adopt a child, the poor child will be asked in class who is your mother ? What will the reaction of the class be if they hear her say, "My mothers name is John, she has a large beard with two dingalings and a polony.

What reaction do children have when they see two women having sex ? Oh, meet my father, his name is Mary. He sits on the toilet when
when he pee.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
Modo9:
but there’s no evidence of god
Have you heard about the dude that allegedly proved that No-god is alive? He watched as the worlds largest stadiums are filled to capacity with thousands worshiping outside and millions tuned in.

He always said there is No-god so he set out to prove it. He advertised the Atheist revival. He hired the smallest stadium. only 95 worshipers attended. They sang worship songs and praised prophet Richard Dawkins for blessing their lives and making No-god known to them.

It is alleged that he said after the very successful revival that their is No-god, but it is an inferior god who only make material things.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by budaatum: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Guh ! Your link actually point out a
Holy smoke! I don't know which one of you needs to be educating the other anymore. You're enough to confuse either of you.

Let me let keb tell you.

KingEbukasBlog:

The post is a satire .

Seems you had to say it keb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
sonofthunder:

regardless of kingebuka's answer, all I can say is "hmmmmm".

So what does "hmmmmm" mean? smiley
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

No! No no no no! Goddamn man. How you show your own illogicality! Though, and at the expense of the atheist, you are logical in a rather comical sense.

Any atheist who allows you to be the judge of your ability to reason is not smart at all. Since you lack the ability to reason no argument constructed can be above your purview and so the money would never be won as part of your illogicality is the inability to see logic in anyone else's argument.

Its like say you commit a jail going crime and are brought before the judge who just happens to be yourself. How much jail time do you think you would give yourself if you could find yourself guilty in the first place?

My point is not so much that you "lack the intellectual ability to refute it". In fact, you do have the intellectual ability to refute it, but your refutation lacks rational and logic and is therefore in error and dishonest (as in, in my view, you actually know better).

After a long holiday I came back to see this groundbreaking thread hosted by a man of good character, he is a highly esteemed Nairalander, Kingebukasblog.
Get a group of good men together, and they will change their school, their campus, and the world.

Every man is a work in progress, but here are 30 characteristics of a good guy. Any man can grow and become: He has integrity and character: simply put, a good guy is less talk and more action.

This is what I see in the OP, he is a man of superior action. “character" was a key word in the vocabulary of Englishmen and Americans,” and men were spoken of as having strong or weak character, good or bad character, a great deal of character or no character at all. Young people were encouraged to cultivate real character, high character or good character.

BudaAtum, why this character assassination of the King?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

Holy smoke! I don't know which one of you needs to be educating the other anymore. You're enough to confuse either of you.

Let me let keb tell you.

Yawn!

The post is a satire as Kingebukasblog said. Could it be because you proudly provided that everything goes anal SEX LINK, that made it all the more satirical?

BudaAtum your links says, "Many who are familiar with the socio-political workings of Finland point to the Lutheran Evangelical Church’s refusal to marry same-sex couples as the rallying point to pass The Richard Dawkins Act.
Same-sex marriage just became legal in Finland. BudaAtum you are proud that the failed prophet of Atheism Richard Dawkins got a country to legalize one man putting his penis into another mans booty. Do you see, everything goes in Atheism.

With all due respect BudaAtum, the link that you proudly posted is laced with satirical insanity. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2017/03/finland-votes-to-protect-children-from-christianity/#6CxKumbBMwQZmuRm.99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

Let me let keb tell you.

Yawn!

The post is a satire as Kingebukasblog said. Could it be because you proudly provided that everything goes anal SEX LINK, that made it all the more satirical?

BudaAtum your links says, "Many who are familiar with the socio-political workings of Finland point to the Lutheran Evangelical Church’s refusal to marry same-sex couples as the rallying point to pass The Richard Dawkins Act.
Same-sex marriage just became legal in Finland. BudaAtum you are proud that the failed prophet of Atheism Richard Dawkins got a country to legalize one man putting his penis into another mans booty. Do you see, everything goes in Atheism. Women that have sex with each other must now buy Dongles/fake joysticks.

With all due respect BudaAtum, the link that you proudly posted is laced with satirical insanity. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2017/03/finland-votes-to-protect-children-from-christianity/#6CxKumbBMwQZmuRm.99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

Let me let keb tell you.

Seems you had to say it keb.
I have a tendency to agree with most of what you you say BudaAtum, But I have my many
weaknesses. I allegedly may be confused and cheating on my girl, then there is the IQ of 27 etc, etc. There is one thing I am certain of Sir, and that is that you are afraid and fearful of the simply yet groundbreaking challenge hosted generously by Kingebukasblog for the awesome benefit of the waiting world.

I have an IQ of 27, but I beg you to signup and take on this challenge. THE WORLD NEEDS YOU.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by budaatum: 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
The post is a satire as Kingebukasblog said.
Wasn't that the point of posting it?

By the way, please post me a response you got from Google regarding the request you said you made. I've lost faith in you and need evidence you actually bothered to ask them.

And save the ass licking tirade.
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Have you heard about the dude that allegedly proved that No-god is alive? He watched as the worlds largest stadiums are filled to capacity with thousands worshiping outside and millions tuned in.

He always said there is No-god so he set out to prove it. He advertised the Atheist revival. He hired the smallest stadium. only 95 worshipers attended. They sang worship songs and praised prophet Richard Dawkins for blessing their lives and making No-god known to them.

It is alleged that he said after the very successful revival that their is No-god, but it is an inferior god who only make material things.

I'm neither true atheiist nor true theist (christian). I respect both paths and I'm 100 % sure that one is right, I just can't tell which. I guess that makes neutral? I can fight for both sides lol so I might just be confused kiss loll .Whatever, I believe I am not biased.

This no-god experiment really makes no sense. Theists never personified their non-belief in God as "No-god", if they do that, well I've never heard of it. So why waste their time coming to worship a "No-God"?

There are even more stupid and annoying examples out there, where people definitely only wanted to do something funny.

An example is this question you might have seen before now: "Can God make a stone so heavy he can't lift it?" . Now answer that correctly and I'd change my thinking about the no-god story.

Also, there are better stories or analogies Christians have made to support their belief.

An Example you also might have seen:

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: I don’t believe that God exists.

Why do you say that? asked the customer.
Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can’t imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.
The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: You know what? Barbers do not exist.

How can you say that? asked the surprised barber.
I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!
No! the customer exclaimed. Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.
Ah, but barbers DO exist! That’s what happens when people do not come to me.
Exactly! affirmed the customer. That’s the point! God, too, DOES exist! Because people do not look to God for help is why there’s so much pain and suffering in the world.

The author of this spiritual story is unknown and greatly appreciated. If you know who wrote this, or can provide a source that I can cite then please contact me and let me know!

Also, if you decide to reprint this story on your website, you do not need to include this author biography box… please just link back to http://www.Spiritual-Short-Stories.com
(I just copied and pasted so the last line gives the link)

My point is that I think the No-god story is....dumb, invalid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
ScienceWatch:

What reaction do children have when they see two women having sex ? Oh, meet my father, his name is Mary. He sits on the toilet when
when he pee.
Children shouldn't see anyone having sex embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:

I'm neither true atheiist nor true theist (christian). I respect both paths and I'm 100 % sure that one is right, I just can't tell which. I guess that makes neutral? I can fight for both sides lol so I might just be confused kiss loll .Whatever, I believe I am not biased.

This no-god experiment really makes no sense. Theists never personified their non-belief in God as "No-god", if they do that, well I've never heard of it. So why waste their time coming to worship a "No-God"?

There are even more stupid and annoying examples out there, where people definitely only wanted to do something funny.

An example is this question you might have seen before now: "Can God make a stone so heavy he can't lift it?" . Now answer that correctly and I'd change my thinking about the no-god story.

Also, there are better stories or analogies Christians have made to support their belief.

An Example you also might have seen:

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: I don’t believe that God exists.

Why do you say that? asked the customer.
Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can’t imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.
The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: You know what? Barbers do not exist.

How can you say that? asked the surprised barber.
I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!
No! the customer exclaimed. Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.
Ah, but barbers DO exist! That’s what happens when people do not come to me.
Exactly! affirmed the customer. That’s the point! God, too, DOES exist! Because people do not look to God for help is why there’s so much pain and suffering in the world.

The author of this spiritual story is unknown and greatly appreciated. If you know who wrote this, or can provide a source that I can cite then please contact me and let me know!

Also, if you decide to reprint this story on your website, you do not need to include this author biography box… please just link back to http://www.Spiritual-Short-Stories.com
(I just copied and pasted so the last line gives the link)

My point is that I think the No-god story is....dumb, invalid.

Thank you 3nim, your story is indeed better. I like the moral of the story......Atheists should go to the barber more often.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:

Do you remember how you sneaked into your parents room because you were afraid of the dark? Did you wonder why they loved the dark and made strange noises?

What would you think if your mommy and daddy where both men ?

Your answer to this will certainly inspire High-Level Atheists to quickly signup to Kingebukasblog and complete the challenge.

THE WORLD NEEDS YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

By the way, please post me a response you got from Google regarding the request you said you made. I've lost faith in you and need evidence you actually bothered to ask them.

aAAAAAAH ! You hitting below the belt. It now appears that you are the Derailor and I am the Derailee.
Lets get on with the challenge offered so honestly and generously by Kingebukasblog. Can I trust you as we go further into Kingebukasblog challenge? To think I thought you would be the one to bravely lead the mentally suffering Low-Level Atheists out into the sunshine.
Was I wrong ? I dont think so, the King's remarkable challenge is not over yet.

Good luck !

1 Like

Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
budaatum:

Ok no more ass licking. Men that marry men will be jealous yes? I find it funny that you used the gay words "ass licking" after you posted me that link about Richard Dawkins success at getting Finland to legalize men putting their lollipop into another mans waste bin. Lol very loud.

Ok Sir, you have lost faith in me because Google is a pain in the neck. Their admin is slow to respond. Or is there another side to this?
Did you lose faith in me because I am the one strongly encouraging you to up your courage and engage the OP for the benefit of sane humanity? Was it wrong of me to have thought so highly of you?
Re: Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges by ScienceWatch: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
3nim:

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against men scratching around in other mens waste bins. I really dont. Freedom of choice is what I stand for. My concern is for the innocent little children here.

This incredible challenge will bring about world peace. It will unite the world of sane men that will have the balls to protect the children of the world. This challenge will serve to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

This is in essence a FREEDOM CHALLENGE selflessly offered up by a brave man, Kingebukasblog to a dying world. This challenge is meant to uplift, inspire and galvanize men to be men.

Take up the challenge !!!!!

THE WORLD NEEDS YOU.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Dr. Becky Enenche's Birthday Celebration At Dunamis (Photos) / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man - Trezzyhelm.com (Photos) / Mayor Of Nazareth Hosts Prophet T.B Joshua In Israel(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.