Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister (20690 Views)

Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by cetzak: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Useless Govt.Nothing to offer .Not only resign but should be jailed for misleading,incompetency,Corruption,inability to keep herdsmen in check and many more

3 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the worst fuel scarcity we have experienced so far ..there is no fuel anywhere to even queue for.
nah to piss for tank remain aha, No fuel to queue for ahah nice one

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari may not be the best choice for Minister of Petroluem, but he should not resign.

The real problem are the greedy marketers and petrol station owners who are hoarding products.
This hoard translates to artificial scarcity which ultimately translates to an increased profit margin for them.

I expected you to say a functional taskforce should be set up to fine or seal up stations hoarding products.

With that said,
Buhari should not resign as Minister of Petroleum, he should resign as President.
And you seriously think the government don't know who they are? its open, what happened to the so called mega stations selling at federal price? The government officials are the same people hoarding this fuel. The increase the lifting price via NNPC. so its a long vicious circle.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
eTECTIVe:

A govt dat claimed it had removed subsidy but yet U kip exonerating d govt by way of ur stance.. When dey claimed to have removed it and still fixed prices Nigerians were happy dat d issue has been resolved once and for all.. Now who's fault is it subsidy hasn't been totally removed? Nigerians or d govt dat sold dem a dummy... Lay d blame ryt where its supposed to b... I'm a Nigerian and non partisan... Dis govt has failed in all totality noo need sugar coating it

You accuse me of exonerating the govt, when in reality, I am criticizing them for not removing subsidy, the only solution.

That is why I don't like the politics page.... It is either gej is evil or Buhari is evil. No neutral analysis of the problems, no solutions proffered.

Good evening
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin
2.Reasons why we have fuel queues are simple

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...fuel will sell at 200-300 naira per liter.
YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.
Number 1 is not true, I can attest to this.as per how much they will sell if private people refine, I think it would be N400 ish, if that's not the case, they will export to other EU countries like the Uk where fuel is now £1.14 lowest.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is the worst fuel scarcity we have experienced so far ..there is no fuel anywhere to even queue for.
There isn’t scarcity here but I bought fuel for N230 this morning. That’s the worst ever
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:

You accuse me of exonerating the govt, when in reality, I am criticizing them for not removing subsidy, the only solution.

That is why I don't like the politics page.... It is either gej is evil or Buhari is evil. No neutral analysis of the problems, no solutions proffered.

Good evening
There are more people powerful in govt than PMB and GEJ.Plus no subsidy was removed!
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by 234GT(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
I'm happy that extreme suffering is resetting the brains of sai baba chanters.

3 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
eTECTIVe:
All of U blaming marketers and claiming artificial scarcity are ediots and d ppl who put us in dis problem. Instead of laying d blame at d foot of d incompetent slowpoke heading d ministry u are blaming marketers. What's d meaning of artificial scarcity?? U think marketers would prefer to tie down their money becos dey want to hoard products and sell at outrageous prices wen dey know govt can shut dem down? Why havent we seen PPRMC going about to shut stations?? How many NNPC stations are selling d product all over d federation? Are dey also hoarding d products? Even PENGASSON and NUPENG have asked d govt to tell Nigerians d truth about d scarcity but NO morons would prefer to make excuses for d govt.
Thank you Jare.

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
free2ryhme:

there is no scarcity na artificial hoarding

How natural hoardin d happen??
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2017
Martin0:

Abigringrin
Na to run commot be that ooo!
Dem go jus dey give pesin worriesgrin

Even nigeria wey dey supply benin republic those one's nor even dey suffer like we sef
Abeg nor run o.If everybody run comot who go repair the country.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jonathan rn

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
RX480:

It'll fall to 1 kobo per litre when i am voted in as president #RX480FOR2039

Oya. Start your campaign. We'll vote for you.

But maybe by then, everyone will decide to evacuate Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by gameboyo: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

A good reason is the tactical but crude suppression of views.
The Nigerian Broadcasting commission had earlier this year regulated the airing of phone in programs with the directive to broadcast stations to limit the time allocated,the number per day,but most crudely that call ins should be screened.
TVC bowed cheaply and yanked off its popular newspaper review,and those still airing are giving us caricature of phone ins.
The same devilish government wanted to achieve same aim with social media,but have found that almost impossible due to the global nature of popular sites.
I noticed this in my state, Akwa Ibom and I got so angry at the restriction

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Martin0(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Abeg nor run o.If everybody run comot who go repair the country.

Hahahahgrin contiri wey don spoil already na we wan repair abi,grin
Abeg I nor follow una oogrin
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Badtiboi: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

1. There were serious scarcities during GEJ'S time in office...and we did not chase him out then. grin

First, we import PMS now at 142 . Before it was at 132 naira. And we are still forcing IPMAN to sell at N145. If i was an IPMAN member, i would have hoarded too.
Second, oil prices are too low for Nigeria to adequately subsidize fuel AND increase the value of the naira. As a result, naira value is falling, meaning we need more naira to buy fuel, and more naira to get dollars to import.
Nigeria needs oil at $120 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is at $64. (That is why we borrow to finance the budget, but that's another story).

Bubu could end fuel queues IF he removed the 'imaginary' subsidy, and allowed fuel marketers to set their prices.

YES...govt should have built new refineries, and gotten those modular refineries running.

BUT as investment flows in...since under deregulation, people would be allowed to make heavy profit...prices will fall, since those marketers who sell at lower prices than their competitors would make more money.

If BUBU wants to be a leader, not a politician, he should take the HARD decision and allow for deregulation.
first off all subsidy is a scam said buhari the liar.

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Badtiboi: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
We've bought fuel at 400 naira per litre in this country, and no body resigned.
Na this child play wey person go come resign ?
liar.

4 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by waveman2: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
I almost wanted to I insult u but I will save dat.we are buying fuel at 145 Naira per liter because crude oil price is low. Now oil price is beginning to pick up reality is beginning to check in. They now have to increase price because selling at 145 is no more realistic but they, will not telling Nigerians d truth.GEJ was sold petrol at 97 Naira per liter as this our devilish apc said there was nothing like subsidy. What amazes me is the fact that Nigerians have lost their voice. By now we should be occupying Nigeria.

9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

5 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Badtiboi: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
eTECTIVe:
All of U blaming marketers and claiming artificial scarcity are ediots and d ppl who put us in dis problem. Instead of laying d blame at d foot of d incompetent slowpoke heading d ministry u are blaming marketers. What's d meaning of artificial scarcity?? U think marketers would prefer to tie down their money becos dey want to hoard products and sell at outrageous prices wen dey know govt can shut dem down? Why havent we seen PPRMC going about to shut stations?? How many NNPC stations are selling d product all over d federation? Are dey also hoarding d products? Even PENGASSON and NUPENG have asked d govt to tell Nigerians d truth about d scarcity but NO morons would prefer to make excuses for d govt.
no mind them. Dem don breath in the fulani juju wey them spray for air

4 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Ojiofor: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
I bought @ 240 naira per litre this evening in Umuahia.
It's annoying really.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
Martin0:

Hahahahgrin contiri wey don spoil already na we wan repair abi,grin
Abeg I nor follow una oogrin
Oya go we wen get Nigeria for heart go repair the country.The future Nigeria would be better if we are all ready to make it work.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Martin0(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Oya go we wen get Nigeria for heart go repair the country.The future Nigeria would be better if we are all ready to make it work.

Ok oo,I wish u all good luck!grin

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
waveman2:
I almost wanted to I insult u but I will save dat.we are buying fuel at 145 Naira per liter because crude oil price is low. Now oil price is beginning to pick up reality is beginning to check in. They now have to increase price because selling at 145 is no more realistic but they, will not telling Nigerians d truth.GEJ was sold petrol at 97 Naira per liter as this our devilish apc said there was nothing like subsidy. What amazes me is the fact that Nigerians have lost their voice. By now we should be occupying Nigeria.

The worse part is this, SUBSIDY is still there in full force

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by dukecharles(m): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari must resign as Petroleum minister
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by surgical: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
eagleeye2:
Ayam, very surprised that people are not talking about this fuel crisis.
Those that talked or protest before are paid by the current rulers, so they can't protest against their benefactors, the masses are on their own, but the good side is that the hypocrisy of the cashvist has been exposed, so when they start pontificating on radio and television close to 2019 you will know you don't have to take them seriously again, so we won't be mislead again.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by gameboyo: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari Pls resign, we beg u
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by surgical: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
erico2k2:

The worse part is this, SUBSIDY is still there in full force
fraud is very easy in very easy in Nigeria, nigerians are very easy to deceive ,I wonder why nobody is asking questions about how this subsidy is funded since there is no appropriation for it. There is subsidy because cost has increased, cost of transaction plus cost of forex has increased, selling at previous price not feasible.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by Seankay323: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
9jakohai:
Oil subsidy must go...

lai lai o dey must not increase it o u want to kill people ni, we should shut down this country if they increase it o without building refineries , u can talk about deregulation after dangote or government or some1 builds refinery. At least this year we have had this scarcity once so , wen the festive period is over things will normalize Na Naija Na but to deregulate now no o.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
surgical:
fraud is very easy in very easy in Nigeria, nigerians are very easy to deceive ,I wonder why nobody is asking questions about how this subsidy is funded since there is no appropriation for it. There is subsidy because cost has increased, cost of transaction plus cost of forex has increased, selling at previous price not feasible.
I will tell you why there is no subsidy, there is no country in the world where the landing cost of PMS will not be more than N350 to N400,I always ask people to list me a country where you can Land PMS from @ N150.who pays the difference. See the corruption in this subsidy wahala is this. The produce a volume but the import less the volume even empty ships. Now this can only work in collaboration with govt officials.
Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by dukecharles(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari should resign as Petroleum minister. How could Nigerians be suffering, no explanation nor solution from him. I thought he had a magic wand considering they way he criticised last govt over fuel scarcity and the speed with which he took over the ministry. Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by surgical: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
ruggedised:
in afonja voice SAI BABA, BUHARI TILL 2050 cool cheesy grin
The afonja are not queuing for fuel neither are they buying at exorbitant prices, they are getting special supply from Osinbajo or is that not the reason they are supporting this evil and incompetent government. They are insulated from the hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister by surgical: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
Badtiboi:
no mind them. Dem don breath in the fulani juju wey them spray for air
Those people wet the juju catch have weak spirit, they should check themselves and don't think its normal because that's how their enemies will catch them cheaply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N37.1bn Fraud: Buhari’s Minister Shuns EFCC Invitation / Passingshots Analysis On Refineries Featured On Keeping It Real. / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.