Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC (67659 Views)

Zugacoin: Why Innocent Chukwuma Of Innoson And Bishop Samzuga Should Be Arrested / Why the Supreme Court Ruling Between Innoson And GTB should worry you / Clarifying Supreme Court Judgment On Innoson Vs Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by urchmanx(m): 4:13am On Dec 22, 2017
daygee12:

Kindly get ur facts right. They had a deal with innoson and innoson went behind to forge documents. Try n make necessary research and dont conclude like an illiterate.
Can I ask you a question? We’re is the forged documents as I can recall. Gtb said the lost the document in a fire when one of their offices was burnt down. Abeg make we reason we’ll for the matter. I have been following this case with much interest and I have given my account officer three days to answer my questions or my account is moving.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by gare(f): 4:17am On Dec 22, 2017
KwoiZabo:
This is a press release by GT Bank regarding the on going saga between EFCC, Chairman of IVM and the Bank.

Ehri Obebeduo, was my senior in Secondary school, he likes big big grammar,

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by EternalTruths: 4:29am On Dec 22, 2017
Amarabae:
Thunder fire them.
Useless bank.
Their plans failed woefully, nothing will happen to innoson.
He will grow from strength to strength and he will never relocate to Lagos or ogun.
This whole saga is ethnically and politically motivated, am not a kid, I know Nigeria very well.
That's how they frustrated Izuogu motors industry,
Seized ibeto licence in order to monopolize cement biz for dangote.
Etc
God is above them.
Useless country that WILL NEVER DEVELOP.

Yet you were at the vanguard of Anti Biafra movement.

People that never learn.
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Vicilo(m): 4:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
The Best Bank in Nigeria (GTB) doesn't deserve crook, fraudulent, and unfaithful business partners.

# I stand with the Best bank in NG

My brother do u have problem with dis Innoson of a guy? Who is asking u who u stand with? Y do u have to post same condemnation over and over again. We all don't no d bottom line of dis biff, until den, am not supporting any of them, let d court decide.
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Richy4(m): 5:21am On Dec 22, 2017
Please can someone knowledgeable in this forum explain to me something I saw on that letter... why did the bank refer itself as "corporate citizen"instead of corporate organisation...
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by drfizzy: 5:28am On Dec 22, 2017
usba:
Unfortunately Cownu died and took the brains of his already brain dead followers, person forge document yet he is being protected by tribal donkeys who should atleast have common sense to let the root of the matter be unearthed and the courts decide.

y are some people so clownish nd idiotic? if u don't hav any reasonable words to lust out pls kindly shut it before files fly in....
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by pasol4real(m): 5:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

documents face the music.
Ethnic card will not save him from this serious mess he has gotten himself into.

# No more credit facilities for fraudsters.
# I stand with GT Bank.
Loser
U always stand with losers.

3 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by anibestlala(m): 5:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
The Best Bank in Nigeria (GTB) doesn't deserve crook, fraudulent, and unfaithful business partners.

# I stand with the Best bank in NG
But the best bank can deduct over #500mil illegally? Aren't you aware they accepted they stole from Innoson but refused to pay the 21% interest he demanded? Stand for Justice and Fairness not corporation or person.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 22, 2017
Really. I know you know that I know that you don't really believe what you wrote. cheesy cheesy.
Everything you think you know is only what Innoson has posted online since his arrest.
But continue I know he is Igbo so automatically you have to support him.

Sprumbabafather:

So why was his house invaded and his family humiliated instead of calling up the case in court? It's GTB that has been running around seeking for sympathy and now sending propaganda online. Who is now fighting a media war? GTB.
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by wirinet(m): 6:16am On Dec 22, 2017
janellemonae:

Everything u wrote here is VERY straightforward and explanatory. Maybe u shld read it again without ur obtuse questions dt are besides the point. An agreement is an agreement. There is no one size fits all loan agreement.
I'm sure he went to several banks and couldn't get a loan cos he was high risk. The only way gtbank could help him out is to take the goods as collateral.

Everything was self explanatory, but you were unable to explain any of the questions I raised.

Now explain what kind of agreement is it that you borrow money to import some goods, on which you will pay 22% per annum, but is not allowed to take possession until you pay a further 25% of the total value of the goods?

How do you know innocent Chukwuma is was high risk? Are you GTB risk officer? And how does using the imported good act as collateral for goods work? The loans can only be repaid after the sale of the imported goods, so how will the debtor pay the loans when the goods still remains in the possession of the bank?
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by NothingDoMe: 6:18am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
one thing verry clear is that innoson has shown himself in a verry bad light, and other banks would be afraid of granting him credit facilities. This saga will end up having negative impacts on his business.
Not after collecting the 6bn from GTB.

I'm positive GTB is set to lose again at the Supreme Court. You pipo should not cry foul when it happens.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by ReviewByPaul: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2017
It will take a long time for GTB to get out of this mess they have created for themselves. I see no reason why people won't support #closeyourgtbaccout. let us show these thieves that we have lost interest in their brand because of thieir illicit banking practices and the unlawful arrested of innoson boss. Start the # Now.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

Ethnic card will not save him from this serious mess he has gotten himself into.

# I stand with GT Bank.

I'm with GT too. Tribalism bias has killed a lot of people's sense.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2017
tobida:
#boycottGTB continues...

Can only happen on NL where majority have less than N5 in their accounts.
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by oceania100(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Lies, GTB is losing already. We now suspect them as a tool in the hands of the government to kill the business of innocent businessmen. No big businessman will like to do business with GTB except they clear their name.

GTB is now a branch of the EFCC. grin

You have a point though. True, the banks have the obligation to report any unlawful transaction by their customers to law agents. However, the banks rarely do it for fear of losing their customers and negative publicity , and sometimes would do their best to cover or even protect such customers. In this case BTW Gtb and Innoson, I think Gtb simply remembered that obligation(if at all, there is any such unlawful deals carried out by Innoson) because it had pending case with Innoson which they have observed might not be in their favour and considering the amount involved. This is why the bank took the risk to secure a soft landing for itself.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2017
wirinet:

Everything was self explanatory, but you were unable to explain any of the questions I raised.

Now explain what kind of agreement is it that you borrow money to import some goods, on which you will pay 22% per annum, but is not allowed to take possession until you pay a further 25% of the total value of the goods?

How do you know innocent Chukwuma is was high risk? Are you GTB risk officer? And how does using the imported good act as collateral for goods work? The loans can only be repaid after the sale of the imported goods, so how will the debtor pay the loans when the goods still remains in the possession of the bank?

An agreement is an agreement or was he under duress when he signed the contract?

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by bigdot1759(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2017
All I know is GTbank na YAHOO YAHOO BANK

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by donb06: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
What I think?

GTB is afraid of losing this case against Innoson at the supreme court like they already did in three courts before.

So they resorted to self help by reporting an infraction to the EFCC so as to gain an advantage over Innoson.

GTB should have submitted their findings to the courts and tendered the said forged documents to the courts as additional evidence. The courts will then be in a position to either decide the case against Innoson and punish him according to the law.

The unlawful arrest of a businessman over a case pending in court is a bad idea that will hurt GTB going forward.
u shall live long my broda..... y go to efcc that can do nothing instead of going to the court where the case is being prosecuted
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by uchennaq(m): 6:42am On Dec 22, 2017
WHY DID GTB USE EFCC INSTEAD GOING TO THE COURT. GTB PAY THE MAN OOOOO. BANKS CAN KILL TO STEAL YOUR COLLATERAL.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by supereagle(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Copied

During the Nigeria-Biafra civil war, many Igbo people fled other parts of the country for the East because they were being killed and massacred wantonly and the government was doing nothing about it.

Many abandoned their homes, properties and businesses for safety. Of them, was a young Igbo architect who had a young Yoruba banker as a neighbour in Apapa, Lagos. He also abandoned his home and with his family fled for the East.

However, the young Yoruba banker, while the war lasted, rented out his neighbour's house and kept every kobo for him while he was in the East. After the war, the Igbo architect returned to Lagos and the Yoruba banker handed over the entire proceeds of the rent and also the house to the Igbo architect.

Some few years later, the Igbo architect became the Vice President of Nigeria and the Yoruba banker established a commercial bank, the first by a private citizen in the country's history.

However, he could not get a license to begin banking operations. Many people were against him because it was unheard of at the time.

At this time, the banker remembered his neighbour who was now the Vice President and tracked him to the Christ Church Cathedral, Marina, Lagos on a particular Sunday. He had tried to get appointment to see him in his office but without success.

He and his wife then decided to go lay ambush for him in Church but the security men did not allow them. They then decided to sit by the pew close to the aisle to beat the security in the hope that the Vice President would see them while he walked to the front row. Yet, he still didn't see them.

After the church program they positioned that he will see them on his way out. However, the people following him out and security blocked his view. That was when the banker's wife decided to take a risk and like the woman with the issue of blood, she pulled the Vice President's cloth to get his attention who then turned and saw his old friend.

The young banker then narrated his plight and told the Vice President how he had tried to see him and what he needed to see him for. He told the him about his application for a bank licence.

“Don’t worry yourself. Just come tomorrow at the Federal Executive Council meeting which I would preside because President Shehu Shagari would not be there,'' the Vice President assured him.

By 3.00pm the next day, the Finance Minister called the banker on phone that his licence was ready. The rest they say is history.

That young banker was Otunba Michael Olasubomi Balogun while the architect in this narrative was one of Africa’s elder statesmen and former Vice President of the Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Alex Ekwueme. The bank is what is now First City Monument Bank.

One good turn truly deserves another and it is good to love our neighbours as ourselves.

Have a historical week ahead. #HistoryVille #heritagery #niyi.aderibigbe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by donb06: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2017
usba:
Unfortunately Cownu died and took the brains of his already brain dead followers, person forge document yet he is being protected by tribal donkeys who should atleast have common sense to let the root of the matter be unearthed and the courts decide.
from ur post, both u and the ppl ure talkn about don't ve common sense: ure telln others to wait for the court to decide yet uve concluded he forged documents.....werey
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by uchennaq(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2017
greiboy:
I Never said the bank didn't involved efcc. I said the bank are not responsible for mr inoson arrest yesterday. That is efcc doing their job. The case has been with the security operatives for a very long time.

Oga stop typing nonsense, GTB used EFCC. Go and read the papers well, his case was struck out and he wasn't invited again. They wanted to intimidate him.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Obdk: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2017
greiboy:
No suddenly an appeal court judge granted the efcc the authority to continue there investigation before inoson filled it before a supreme court, but the supreme court hasn't grant inoson a stay of the appeal court judgment yet. Hence, efcc continued with its investigations

whr did u get dis shit u re talking about. wat did u smoke
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by donb06: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
Good, so why is he now playing the underdogsad
seeking for public sympathy by fighting media war.
so watever gtb says becomes the truth abi? them no dey lie yet deduct unlawfully over 500mn.....case is in court instead of gtb to tender their alleged fake document for court they went ahead to arrest him using efcc without any warrant thereby sparking the supposed media war...... so my brother who is seeking public sympathy? be sincere tnx
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Ruggedpen: 6:55am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

# I stand with GT Bank.
Are you aware that gtb admit 500m as excess charges ?
Do you know that Fg created a job of 30k for youth while innoson are creating jobs enough to makes a lot of people fulfilled their destiny. Do you know the impact of 500m on a business? Do u know that amount is enough to ground any business and a lot of people making use of bank loan are into trouble, how sure are you that this fIght will not liberate others who might be interested in reviewing their account.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by emmie14: 7:03am On Dec 22, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
What I think?

GTB is afraid of losing this case against Innoson at the supreme court like they already did in three courts before.

So they resorted to self help by reporting an infraction to the EFCC so as to gain an advantage over Innoson.

GTB should have submitted their findings to the courts and tendered the said forged documents to the courts as additional evidence. The courts will then be in a position to either decide the case against Innoson and punish him according to the law.

The unlawful arrest of a businessman over a case pending in court is a bad idea that will hurt GTB going forward.
All documents lost in fire according to GTbank
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2017
streamsofjoy:

Where did the bank talk about forgery in this write up Pls?

And why would a world class reputable bank come out and start hurling a client's name around the media. Are u a learner? It's called professionalism and client priviledge. Their dispute will be settled in court as it should be.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by emmie14: 7:08am On Dec 22, 2017
Diiet:
Good one from gtb.

Let the man who forged

# I stand with GT Bank.
Keep standing with gtbank that cannot produce documented evidence to backup there claims because all exhibit cum documents got burnt in fire.
However other banks are ready to work or patner with innoson. As it stands he got nothing to do with GtB whether you stand or seat by gtb. Innoson is made already. Gtbanks fraudulent act is exposed...they will pay dearly.

1 Like

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by wirinet(m): 7:10am On Dec 22, 2017
deenee:
It is apparent that we have a lot of ignorant and misinformed people on this thread.

You that is Einstein, why not inform and educate us lesser mortals.

The GTB I know for sure won't institute a case against Innoson if they don't have hard concrete evidence against him and they have also shown strategic maturity by keeping quiet all throughout this saga.
But, the GTB that you know that have concrete evidence had lost 3 cases at the courts.

And yes they owe it a duty to depositors to go after any body that is a loan defaulter.
I did not know that GTB accused Innocent Chukwuma of defaulting on his loan, I thought the accusation by GTB bordered on fraud and forgery and that was why EFCC was brought in.

The same Innoson that refused to pay Bank of Industry loan of over 4billion and used GEJ's influence to write off the loan cost of which had to be deducted from the MSME sinking fund account set aside annually by banks.

And how does this affect this case.

For sake of maturity it will be best not to wash this man's dirty linen in public and I know that with due time the story around the 500m deductions from his overdraft account will come to light.
Of course, we will know the whole story around the 500 illegal deductions from innosons account very soon as the case is before the Supreme Court. Just wait for the final judgement by the supreme Court.

One questions though for my igbo brothers......why do you think foreign investor have practically stayed away from him Asa business man?

I doubt my Igbo brothers know the answer to the above question, but you that is in the know, why not educate us.

The answer is obvious and I am not trying to slander him but Innoson as he is now can't import motor parts for assemblage unless Nigerian banks provide credit guarantee to his supplier because he is known to always cut corners. The Sinotruck franchise should have gone to him instead of Dangote but for obvious reasons because even the Chinese know better. Let me stop here so that information asymmetry does not set in.
Slander is exactly what you are doing, because you fail to provide evidence that innocent Chukwuma always cut corners and you also failed to provide evidence that all Nigerian banks have resolved not to provide credit guarantee for innoson.

As it is right now.......there is already a collective resolve among banks not to touch any of his transactions unless he fulfills all conditions with proper documentation. I admire his resolve to be an entrepreneur but he can also do this without cutting corners and I wish him all the best.
Slander as above. Please provide proof for your allegations and speculations.

For the GTB must go down supporters know this GTB is a Pan African bank with operations scattered and branches all over Africa. Infact the rest of Africa coverage accounts for over 65% of their revenue YTD and the bank is a systematically important bank meaning that it is one of the banks that won't be allowed to fail. Bank is currently the most capitalized bank on the NSE with market cap of over 1.2 trillion and currently trading @ N40 per share making it a toast of both local and international investors.

Bullshit! Most of GTB's business is in Nigeria. The Nigerian business is more than all other African countries added together. What is the size of GTB's business is Ghana, Benin Republic and all other African countries? The Lagos economy alone is the fifth largest economy in Africa.

Bank was the first to make over 100billion PAT in Nigeria and is set to post over 150b naira for FY 2017 so I laugh when people actually think that paying Innoson 8billion will make them go under.

If they have that much money, why are they running from pillar to post to avoid paying the court obtained money to innoson. At the end of the day? They will lose more than the N billion due to damage to their reputation and brand.

They have a duty to protect depositors funds and I know in due time the true picture of what transpired will come to light.
But they do not have a duty to depositors when they deduct stupid charges from customers accounts everyday. They did not have a duty to protect depositors when they deducted N500 million (as admitted by them) from innosons account.

Until we begin to see beyond tribal lines we won't go far in this country and for my ibo brothers the same tribal lines that is creating a false sense of bond right now is the same one that will divide as sooner or later a mbaise man will start claiming superiority over anambra man etc so keep it going.

Meanwhile God bless Nigeria.

Irrelevant rant. This has nothing to do with Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa. It has do do with stealing of our money by Nigerian banks and not only innocent chukwuma. Some Nigerian banks are notorious for fraudulently deducting money from customers accounts and GTB is one of them, and this had been going on for a very long time. GTB over did it this time.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by HIPROFILE(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2017
[b][/b] INFANT

Oloripelebe:
grin

#boycott gala

I suppose talk say make we boycott Innoson but na chinko car.. Na only ipigs dey use am grin
Re: GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC by emmie14: 7:19am On Dec 22, 2017
supereagle:
Copied

During the Nigeria-Biafra civil war, many Igbo people fled other parts of the country for the East because they were being killed and massacred wantonly and the government was doing nothing about it.

Many abandoned their homes, properties and businesses for safety. Of them, was a young Igbo architect who had a young Yoruba banker as a neighbour in Apapa, Lagos. He also abandoned his home and with his family fled for the East.

However, the young Yoruba banker, while the war lasted, rented out his neighbour's house and kept every kobo for him while he was in the East. After the war, the Igbo architect returned to Lagos and the Yoruba banker handed over the entire proceeds of the rent and also the house to the Igbo architect.

Some few years later, the Igbo architect became the Vice President of Nigeria and the Yoruba banker established a commercial bank, the first by a private citizen in the country's history.

However, he could not get a license to begin banking operations. Many people were against him because it was unheard of at the time.

At this time, the banker remembered his neighbour who was now the Vice President and tracked him to the Christ Church Cathedral, Marina, Lagos on a particular Sunday. He had tried to get appointment to see him in his office but without success.

He and his wife then decided to go lay ambush for him in Church but the security men did not allow them. They then decided to sit by the pew close to the aisle to beat the security in the hope that the Vice President would see them while he walked to the front row. Yet, he still didn't see them.

After the church program they positioned that he will see them on his way out. However, the people following him out and security blocked his view. That was when the banker's wife decided to take a risk and like the woman with the issue of blood, she pulled the Vice President's cloth to get his attention who then turned and saw his old friend.

The young banker then narrated his plight and told the Vice President how he had tried to see him and what he needed to see him for. He told the him about his application for a bank licence.

“Don’t worry yourself. Just come tomorrow at the Federal Executive Council meeting which I would preside because President Shehu Shagari would not be there,'' the Vice President assured him.

By 3.00pm the next day, the Finance Minister called the banker on phone that his licence was ready. The rest they say is history.

That young banker was Otunba Michael Olasubomi Balogun while the architect in this narrative was one of Africa’s elder statesmen and former Vice President of the Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Alex Ekwueme. The bank is what is now First City Monument Bank.

One good turn truly deserves another and it is good to love our neighbours as ourselves.

Have a historical week ahead. #HistoryVille #heritagery #niyi.aderibigbe
What happened to the legacy of that friendship? Can't igbos and Yorubas rescue themselves from Nigerian Hausa dominant rule apply to these great men's measures? Happy Christmas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? / Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.