Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics (25045 Views)

Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by smalls001: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
You spoke right...Nice one
deji17:
If you are not a dolt and an economic illiterate, you will understand why things are a bit hard for some Nigerians including yourself that is barking like a rabid dog here. You import most things you consume, Nigeria main source of dollar is oil and with the slump of oil price, so is the availability of dollars. Unlike a dolt like you, many serious Nigerians are embracing Agriculture where you dont need a licence to practice, and are smiling to the bank at the time of harvest or sales. Continue to wail, hoping your wailing will bring back your PDP.ig. I've got news for you. You are only wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by mdokaba1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2017
PDPGuy:

Haba. That would precipitate massive riots in the streets. But I believe the real unemployment rate is around 30%

The level of poverty in the land, ought to have for long precipitated lota upheavals and anarchy in the land, but what is hindering it is the fact that an average Nigerian has this "I no send government" mentality coupled with the fact that the culture of holding the government responsible as obtainable in saner climes has not yet been entrenched in Nigerians. ((But with time sha).

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by slurity1: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

Same here but my family is repulsed by Buhari himself. So what is the source of your family’s attraction to this calamitous Government ?
I am into Agribusiness and Buhari govt create a good environment for my livestock and crop business. if you tap into this area and stop looking for job or relying on salaries alone. You will become a millionaire and you will be amazed. Past governments are just killing Agriculture. the statistics that is calculating figures of job lost will not tell you million of people that are now smiling through Agriculture

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by madridguy(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Don't worry about tfare. Where do you stay?

mercyp001:

Where do u want to get tfare? Because to and fro to my side is very close to ur BMC 30k monthly salary,u knw der is fuel scarcity now.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Fellywood(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
slurity1:
I am into Agribusiness and Buhari govt create a good environment for my livestock and crop business. if you tap into this area and stop looking for job or relying on salaries alone. You will become a millionaire and you will be amazed. Past governments are just killing Agriculture. the statistics that is calculating figures of job lost will not tell you million of people that are now smiling through Agriculture
You should be ASHAMED of yourself for indicating that Pres Goodluck "killed" agric. You should really be ASHAMED...that's all I will say.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by mercyp001(f): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
madridguy:
Don't worry about tfare. Where do you stay?

Daura
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by saymrmighty: 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
Haven't you heard about the ongoing BOI (Bank Of Industry) 140 Billion Naira GEEP Program, it's government empowerment loan ranging from N50,000 upward to support or startup a business with no interest but one time payment of N2,500 after u might have received the loan and repayment is 6 months. It's free and easy to apply.
Whatsapp or contact 08166130633 on how to apply.

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by AnthonyAk(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
deji17:
If you are not a dolt and an economic illiterate, you will understand why things are a bit hard for some Nigerians including yourself that is barking like a rabid dog here. You import most things you consume, Nigeria main source of dollar is oil and with the slump of oil price, so is the availability of dollars. Unlike a dolt like you, many serious Nigerians are embracing Agriculture where you dont need a licence to practice, and are smiling to the bank at the time of harvest or sales. Continue to wail, hoping your wailing will bring back your PDP.ig. I've got news for you. You are only wasting your time.

Tell most boys back home to start farm let's make money nobody wants to do it. But they won't mind if I send 10k every few months.

People rather sit at home for years waiting for jobs to fall into their laps that feed themselves. Our plight goes much deeper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Samusu(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
Including me
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by opribo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
I keep saying it, we are the most patient people on earth albeit patient to a fault. How on earth do we explain our docility when over 4M jobs have been lost under this cancerous and evil government. Is it until we start dropping dead one by one on the streets before we can begin to hold these people accountable.

I dont give a 4ck how many times they blame former administration, they saw the mess they said they can fix it so fix it they must or get the hell away from Aso rock without further delay.

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
before jubril will finish his tenure, 2/3 of Nigeria will lose their means of livehood

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by lastmessenger: 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ezenwammadu:
Meanwhile bubu promised 20 million new jobs but he cannot even maintain the ones created

2019 should please come quickly the dullard must be kicked back to daura
To be replaced by who is the question we all should be asking? I mean there are no credible opposition candidate as it stands right now.Even called atiku may eventually perform even poorer than Buhari.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by adetayo234: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ezenwammadu:
Meanwhile bubu promised 20 million new jobs but he cannot even maintain the ones created

2019 should please come quickly the dullard must be kicked back to daura

So, you think people will vote buhari out? It will do you like magic when buhari is declared as winner after 2019 election.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by AnodaIT(m): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
IfIf government had done its work and provided enabling environment vis electricity, roads, security and good policies, I don't need a loan to start a business

Even if I collect such loan today, operational expenses in power, transport will close down the business

saymrmighty:
Haven't you heard about the ongoing BOI (Bank Of Industry) 140 Billion Naira GEEP Program, it's government empowerment loan ranging from N50,000 upward to support or startup a business with no interest but one time payment of N2,500 after u might have received the loan and repayment is 6 months. It's free and easy to apply.
Whatsapp or contact 08166130633 on how to apply.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by adetayo234: 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hedonistically:
Just 18.8%? This is clearly a false statistic. And a big insult to the suffering masses.

Those who have jobs are even worse than the unemployed. The rate of underemployment is the real deal, and it should be not less than 70%. People who deceive themselves that that have "something doing", but yet live from hand to mouth, and can barely feed themselves.

All thanks to the maggot from Daura. Nigerians must rise in their millions and violently take back their country. Peace is worthless with so much injustice, inequity, and bigotry fostered by the animals in power. Nigerians must rise and roast these bastards and take back their country.

Are you ready to bell the cat off social media?
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Cooly100: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2017
Bossontop:
cool cool grin
The season continues.....

Hhuhuhu.,,

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by madridguy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2017
Thank God am also at daura. Which area you dey?

mercyp001:

Daura
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Truth234(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
opribo:
I keep saying it, we are the most patient people on earth albeit patient to a fault. How on earth do we explain our docility when over 4M jobs have been lost under this cancerous and evil government. Is it until we start dropping dead one by one on the streets before we can begin to hold these people accountable.

I dont give a 4ck how many times they blame former administration, they saw the mess they said they can fix it so fix it they must or get the hell away from Aso rock without further delay.

We should all be ashamed that agency like NBS will put together data yet can't succinctly interpret the same data. This interpretation is wrong and lacked common sense.

What the interpretation failed to point out is that participation rate jumped from 78.5 million in 2016 to 85.1 million in 2017. Suggesting surged in population growth rate is outpacing the rate of new job creation. A phenomenon that is not unique in a recovering economy.

Again, how did NBS arrived at 4 million job lost when its own data showed about 1.5 million full-time jobs were lost within the said period? Where is the number of part-time workers? I find it hard to believe that 4 million people lose their jobs and the economy still recovered from recession with the manufacturing sector expanding for 8 consecutive months in November. While services sector continued to grow at a healthy pace. All data put together by NBS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by mercyp001(f): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
madridguy:
Thank God am also at daura. Which area you dey?

Beside ur Sai Bubu house
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by DanEmakoji(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please, every should go and get his/her PVC before 2019. We can change the change. It is possible only through our PVCs. Don't mind the rigging. That will be insignificant.

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Abagworo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
But how dem take gather these numbers? Are they witches and wizards?
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by pedrilo: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
all u people know how to do is rant online using memorized tenses to show fake intellect from ur cobweb filled brains.
but u will not vote during elections, mumu youths

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Splashme: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
NubiLove:
Another failure from the Buhari government.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Femijohn198: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
Unemployment can never leave Nigeria,our leader at the top know the solution to these problem but would never find a last solution to it.the salary each leader is receiving is too much.there should reduces it to build more company and industries in each state to elaborate more youth into energized their skills.our youth travel out of the country because there is green pastures over there.the foreigners build more company for outsider to come and work.but in Nigeria no company and no opportunities.may God help us all.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Fieldlover: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
Mintek:
Unemployment and untold hardship for the masses have always been the hallmark of every Buhari regime. As it was in 1984, so also it is today.

It's a lie sir
2017 is worse because he's taking us back to 1984 instead of taking us into the future....

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by mathew247: 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
dem no count me oo.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by DONFASZY(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
Dis statistics report is wrong

It's ova 1billion people dat lost jobs
4million resign
700million sacked
500million sarekabaka
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by bejeria101(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
And bmc zombies are celebrating a lunatic govt that is as confused as a yaba left patient.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Agimor(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Buhari is a monumental failure. Nigeria needs someone like Trump who is fulfilling all his campaign promises in less than a year.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by edlion57(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
mercyp001:

Dey are on strike,they are asking for increment. They said defending PMB is becoming more hectic day by day. u knw dey are 30k people.
u will not kill me grin
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Tex42(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
Whether the stat. Is correct or not is not ma business... Lost all ma phucks along with Omosexy's iPhone...

... Just give it up for Buhari.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
bedspread:
The Government will soon bring the Promised jobs.... ..........

I didn't say anything
Npower

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Things 20-year-olds Dont Get / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.