Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165570 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shrekandfiona: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2018
expectingmum:

Thank you!
So, i assume you didn’t produce any document showing high risk pregnancy but only burden of proof ?
lol. please inhale... then exhale slowly. you seem tensed.

firstly, almost 99.9% of us here gave birth in the US for the Pali. so it's better you say the truth when asked.

secondly, no doctor, I repeat no sane doctor will certify a high risk pregnancy fit to fly especially on a journey of 24hrs or more. that excuse does not fly again. the Vo's are tired of hearing that. Besides, the UK has better medical facilities and it's only 6hrs from Naija at least that's where the president and most Nigerians go for better healthcare.

Lastly, this thread was created for people to share their personal experiences. google/ research provides good and reliable information but personal experiences in my opinion overrides what google tells me. So do read up the thread and you'll learn a lot. Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shrekandfiona: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2018
Momo13:
Hi people, has anyone renewed visa for their child through dropbox recently? Kindly share your experience as I need to renew my 4 year old's visa. Thanks
If you haven't done this already, fill the form, attempt to schedule an interview by answering all the questions that come up if qualified for a drop box you'll get the confirmation. Take to Dhl for submission. they dont give kids the 221g form only when it's time to thumbprint.

If you are not renewing, you need to separate her profile from yours. but if you are, I'll suggest you both do the Dropbox.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2018
shrekandfiona:

If you haven't done this already, fill the form, attempt to schedule an interview by answering all the questions that come up if qualified for a drop box you'll get the confirmation. Take to Dhl for submission. they dont give kids the 221g form only when it's time to thumbprint.

If you are not renewing, you need to separate her profile from yours. but if you are, I'll suggest you both do the Dropbox.

Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2018
Hello people! Please anyone here traveling to the US this week or next? Need to send a card across. ( as small as a tax clearance card). Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by expectingmum: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2018
shrekandfiona:

lol. please inhale... then exhale slowly. you seem tensed.

firstly, almost 99.9% of us here gave birth in the US for the Pali. so it's better you say the truth when asked.

secondly, no doctor, I repeat no sane doctor will certify a high risk pregnancy fit to fly especially on a journey of 24hrs or more. that excuse does not fly again. the Vo's are tired of hearing that. Besides, the UK has better medical facilities and it's only 6hrs from Naija at least that's where the president and most Nigerians go for better healthcare.

Lastly, this thread was created for people to share their personal experiences. google/ research provides good and reliable information but personal experiences in my opinion overrides what google tells me. So do read up the thread and you'll learn a lot. Cheers

Thank you!
You are right, i am tensed and just figuring out what’s needed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2018
expectingmum:

Thank you!
So, i assume you didn’t produce any document showing high risk pregnancy but only burden of proof ?
That's correct. Vital signs were good. so it wasn't a high risk pregnancy. if you declare that you're having a high risk pregnancy then those conditions are valid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by expectingmum: 11:45am On Jun 10, 2018
Cretaceous:

That's correct. Vital signs were good. so it wasn't a high risk pregnancy. if you declare that you're having a high risk pregnancy then those conditions are valid

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jjohndoe83: 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Brandagencies:
Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
I took the BA flight and arrived Chicago for 11;30.
CBP- good morning how are u and why are u here?
Me: good morning , vacation and to birth my baby.
CBP: Stands up to meet another officer, comes aback and says this way ma( secondary things☹️)
After sitting a while a middle aged woman calls me
CBP 2: madam, can I have confirmation that the hospital has accepted to treat u?
Me: stroger doesn’t give correspondence but here is the medical number opened for me it has my dates and my first appointment
CBP: that is not my job. What u have her is crap.
Me: Crap ke? Call first na!!( this point, I was already tired from the long journey)
CBP2: how much do u have
Me: 6900 in cash and 7000 In my wells card
CBP2: Go sit down, I’ll call u later.
Approximately 15mins after, she calls me in with a superior.
CBP: madam, these information u provided are not valid , we are sending u home.
Me: Home? Why? I can pay for these things( I begin analyse bla bla)
CBP: let me have ur phone and it’s password, please sit down.
Another 30mins after
CBP: you read nairaland?
Me: Yes
CBP: that nairaland devices u all, u should ask the us govt ur questions not a bunch of guessers
Me: I did contact the govt on a change of intent.
CBP: well, ure only allowed to birth here if Baby is high risk and ur doctor in Nigeria confirms it and u have an acceptance from a doctor here. You Nigerians just disgust me, coming here to quote what laws u don’t make. You are a burden to our govt. you just want to show off that ur baby has a passport:
Me: trying to defend myself
CBP: shut Up.
At this time, they had gone through all my phone emails and WhatsApp messages. Nothing to mail me with.
She comes back to ask for my contacts number and proceeds to call her. Requesting that my host sends me back because 6400 is not a reasonable fee to pay and I cannot afford it. My host insists that was the self pay package and she would use her insurance to cover if there are emergencies.
Me: very worried, already seeing them process travel docs for other pregnant women who have been turned back,some since yesterday. I had already started crying.
CBP : so madam, u will be going back home let me get approval from my superior.
10 mins later, please go get ur bags we need to check.
Me: with my big belle I run go carry luggage( I had just a cabin size box and a well wrapped ghana must go
CBP: all these clothes are too much ( biko which clothes)
Senior CBP patapata: madam, when was ur visa issued
Me: 2016
SCBP: it wasn’t given to birth
Me: yes, it was for a conference which I attended and I was not pregnant and then.
SCBP: ok ma, I will allow u into the USA but please show receipts on ur way out( she had a passport to junior CBP
Junior CBP: collects my passport and arrogantly stamps me in for 10weeks. Saying if I present a receipt less than 20k dollars on my way out, no visa will be resissued
Me: thank u ma.
CBP: Now very Angry, don’t thank me, looking at u disgusts me, just leave my sight before I puke.
Me: quickly carries my bag.
Moral :
1. It is now illegal to birth in USA if the birth can be handled in Nigeria( they showed me proof of that o)
2. Abort mission if ure using H Stroger.
3. Make sure u tell everyone u chat with that ure coming back
4. Hold cash of all the money u need.
5. Stay far from Ohare.

This is where I drop my pen.

Wow! You went through all this?!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hello everyone. please what POE is safe for 2nd time delivery journey? Is there any other thing that I should look out for?

Here's my history.

I had my first baby in Oakbend in 2015. I used this forum to prepare. I declared my child birth intention at the embassy and My POE was Houston. I was drilled at secondary inspection. My bags were searched, money was counted but at the end I still passed.

In 2017, my medical visa expired. I did drop box renewal and was issued a visa. I, DH and child (baby delivered In 2015) went on vacation in September 2017. POE was JFK. I went with all my receipts just in case but CBP officer only asked if I paid all my bills. I answered yes and he let us pass.

Now I'm about to use this visa for child birth and I'm travelling with my toddler.

Please any advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
zikavonne:
Hello everyone. please what POE is safe for 2nd time delivery journey? Is there any other thing that I should look out for?

Here's my history.

I had my first baby in Oakbend in 2015. I used this forum to prepare. I declared my child birth intention at the embassy and My POE was Houston. I was drilled at secondary inspection. My bags were searched, money was counted but at the end I still passed.

In 2017, my medical visa expired. I did drop box renewal and was issued a visa. I, DH and child (baby delivered In 2015) went on vacation in September 2017. POE was JFK. I went with all my receipts just in case but CBP officer only asked if I paid all my bills. I answered yes and he let us pass.

Now I'm about to use this visa for child birth and I'm travelling with my toddler.

Please any advise will be highly appreciated.

I see no issues here. Just only go on the trip to any of the POEs except ORD though) with your burden of proof as usual after due preparations have been made. Safe trip!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
Mamaiyanu:
Hello guys,

Please I need your opinion on something.

1. I'm gonna be travelling at 35weeks plus 2 days. I've read conflicting information on this thread about flying with Emirates. Is 35weeks +1 say equal to 36weeks ? Do I need to fill the medif form to fly at 35w+2days? Or is my doctors fit to fly sufficient?

2. For those that used Dr Xydas/HNWMC, do I need to do labs here or are they covered in the fee paid? As much as possible I don't want to incur additional cost in the US on labs.

Thanks a mill for your response.

Doctor's fit to fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamaJeremy: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Wow! So sorry, just saw this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamaJeremy: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
Wow! So sorry, just saw this. I didnt get the american passport before the birth certificate. I got the passport same day i got the birth certificate. I went downtown to get the birth certificate then proceeded to the passport office to apply.I waited to get the american passport 2hrs later.
From my own expericience the confirmation of birth letter wasnt requested for where i got the BC. Just ID
iluvweed:

Please how did you apply for the American passport without getting the birth certificate first?
Also just gave birth at Northside in atl and we filled the birth certificate form 2 days after,
now waiting for the confirmation letter in the mail after which i will buy a moneyorder and mail it
for the original certificate. Please how do I apply for both american and nigerian passports?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
Thank you very much. I was initially considering JFK but the thought of picking up my luggage and looking for flight in the local section or checking into a hotel for next day trip while handling a toddler seems overwhelming.

I think I will go through Houston again. I really hope it won't be a wrong decision.

OmoBendel24:

I see no issues here. Just only go on the trip to any of the POEs except ORD though) with your burden of proof as usual after due preparations have been made. Safe trip!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 4:02am On Jun 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Why single out ORD, were the CBP officers there given a different kind of training or is there something I don't know?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JAZES(m): 7:14am On Jun 11, 2018
zikavonne:
Thank you very much. I was initially considering JFK but the thought of picking up my luggage and looking for flight in the local section or checking into a hotel for next day trip while handling a toddler seems overwhelming.

I think I will go through Houston again. I really hope it won't be a wrong decision.

I suggest u go through jfk cos d way of return is high these days o......jfk has always been d best route
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 9:23am On Jun 11, 2018
@gaggle, @Bmanbaba, @Customised87

please mamas I am still begging o, anyone with a budget sheet for NY pls send to me on yemoduns@gmail.com. i need it urgently. I already have costs for Wycoff, which is a 1 package to consist of hosp bill, epidural, Obgyn, and Paedetrician (baby's 1st checks). I need costs for other ancillary expenses such as international passport, birth certf, paedetrician (subsequent checks)...

Anyone that used Wycoff, do u know if they accept lab tests from Nig? The hosp's response to this qstn was a bit too vague for me. if they dont, any idea of how much their tests costs? Finally, the 130 dollars per visit, is it just for the 1st visit u get to pay this while subsequent visits is discounted or is it the same amount each time? how many visits is envisaged 1 would have if travelling at 34 weeks? there seems to be too many gray areas/hidden costs which makes me a bit skeptical to use them but of all d hospitals mentioned here in NY, they seem to be closest to my host at 40mins drive. Pls advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 11, 2018
overlord77:

Why single out ORD, were the CBP officers there given a different kind of training or is there something I don't know?

grin when you pass through ORD come and give us feedback then you’ll know why it’s being singled out

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eyiza: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2018
chloe00:

grin when you pass through ORD come and give us feedback then you’ll know why it’s being singled out
. Oversabi made me pass through ORD last yr.i was held for over two hrs, people were just been turned back anyhow and the officials there are quite aggressive, finally I was allowed in, since then I made up my mind never to take such risk. I witnessed two pregnant women turned back, while I was in Chicago, I was expecting a friend of mine too she came in through Chicago, she was deported straight away. I m going next month planning to go through JFK. My best advice to anyone going for child birth is never to try Chicago POE.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by customised87: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Eilenora:
@gaggle, @Bmanbaba, @Customised87

please mamas I am still begging o, anyone with a budget sheet for NY pls send to me on yemoduns@gmail.com. i need it urgently. I already have costs for Wycoff, which is a 1 package to consist of hosp bill, epidural, Obgyn, and Paedetrician (baby's 1st checks). I need costs for other ancillary expenses such as international passport, birth certf, paedetrician (subsequent checks)...

Anyone that used Wycoff, do u know if they accept lab tests from Nig? The hosp's response to this qstn was a bit too vague for me. if they dont, any idea of how much their tests costs? Finally, the 130 dollars per visit, is it just for the 1st visit u get to pay this while subsequent visits is discounted or is it the same amount each time? how many visits is envisaged 1 would have if travelling at 34 weeks? there seems to be too many gray areas/hidden costs which makes me a bit skeptical to use them but of all d hospitals mentioned here in NY, they seem to be closest to my host at 40mins drive. Pls advise.

Hello ma'am! I didn't birth at Wycoff so I have no idea. Sorry. Other mamas will respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Pls can someone explain this and direct me . My sis with her kids joined by bro inlaw went to usa embassy,was interviewed and visa granted. White paper was given and passport taking for visa stamping. Today being the collection day ,as she signed the form so passport will be collected by proxy . Passport was returned empty without visa and green paper was then issued with it. What might be the possible issue as my sis hv renewed twice and traveled with her kids. She also has Canadian visa even though they asked her about her trip to Canada. Pls can someone direct me what to do to help her ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2018
chloe00:

Thanks my dear Chloe! Him know of the matter, it was thrashed up here seriously on one of these past US birthing threads. Me no just get power for back and forth today yet. To pass ORD as normal visitor/tourist dey very far from passing there when you go for birthing, you go hia am if you stubborn-headly dare, over 90% of testimonies from that POE for preggies have never been palatable, one posted hers here too just last week sef (you see how traumatic that POE story be). Na their CBP Officers and that of IAH naim clearly follow dey read Nairaland posts wella!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Eyiza:
. Oversabi made me pass through ORD last yr.i was held for over two hrs, people were just been turned back anyhow and the officials there are quite aggressive, finally I was allowed in, since then I made up my mind never to take such risk. I witnessed two pregnant women turned back, while I was in Chicago, I was expecting a friend of mine too she came in through Chicago, she was deported straight away. I m going next month planning to go through JFK. My best advice to anyone going for child birth is never to try Chicago POE.
One time I tried passing through Houston too was one of their bad days sending people back anyhow, even those with green cards were sent to secondary , that day I was held one hour and it was the height of that whole trump era. But Houston is still better than ORD

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2018
Enyinne:
Pls can someone explain this and direct me . My sis with her kids joined by bro inlaw went to usa embassy,was interviewed and visa granted. White paper was given and passport taking for visa stamping. Today being the collection day ,as she signed the form so passport will be collected by proxy . Passport was returned empty without visa and green paper was then issued with it. What might be the possible issue as my sis hv renewed twice and traveled with her kids. She also has Canadian visa even though they asked her about her trip to Canada. Pls can someone direct me what to do to help her ?

That's the 221g paper for follow-up interview. Did they not tick something on the paper as a guide for her? Has she done anything previously that may not go down well with them that they may have stumbled into - maybe overstayed, presentation of wrong info, medical care, arrested in the US, etc?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Thanks my dear Chloe! Him know of the matter, it was thrashed up here seriously on one of these past US birthing threads. Me no just get power for back and forth today yet. To pass ORD as normal visitor/tourist dey very far from passing there when you go for birthing, you go hia am if you stubborn-headly dare, over 90% of testimonies from that POE for preggies have never been palatable, one posted hers here too just last week sef (you see how traumatic that POE story be). Na their CBP Officers and that of IAH naim clearly follow dey read Nairaland posts wella!
I’m just going to do myself a great favour and route my ticket via jfk when I’m travelling in November. I don’t have strength to answer many many questions, when I’m leaving I’ll reroute to leave via Houston because of load and child. I can’t even risk anything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2018
overlord77:

Actually, I think they were given a different kind of training lol because they are hostile. Even if I get a free ticket to use that Poe I'd rather just stay back till I can afford to buy another one.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:49am On Jun 11, 2018
chloe00:

I’m just going to do myself a great favour and route my ticket via jfk when I’m travelling in November. I don’t have strength to answer many many questions, when I’m leaving I’ll reroute to leave via Houston because of load and child. I can’t even risk anything

Just do a multicity booking instead of rerouting and spending some more extra monies. LOS-JFK, then IAH-LOS. Fly local from JFK/LGA to Houston. DFW is a very good option though, pretty relaxed....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thank you for your response, she has not encountered any issue in the USA before except that she went to the interview with his bros inlaw who also summitted his passport for visa. She was asked about him and she mentioned bro inlaw. Here's the content of the letter
quote author=OmoBendel24 post=68375751]

That's the 221g paper for follow-ups interview. Did they not tick something on the paper as a guide for her? Has she done anything previously that may not go down well with them that they may have stumbled into - maybe overstayed, presentation of wrong info, medical care, arrested in the US, etc?[/quote]

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Enyinne:
Thank you for your response, she has not encountered any issue in the USA before except that she went to the interview with his bros inlaw who also summitted his passport for visa. She was asked about him and she mentioned bro inlaw. Here's the content of the letter
quote author=OmoBendel24 post=68375751]

That's the 221g paper for follow-ups interview. Did they not tick something on the paper as a guide for her? Has she done anything previously that may not go down well with them that they may have stumbled into - maybe overstayed, presentation of wrong info, medical care, arrested in the US, etc?

Ah! This is an outright refusal na.... How, why? No follow-up interview called for? Hian! And you are quite sure no "sin" was committed? Hian!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
No sin oo. Maybe I'm suspecting the VO gave the bros inlaw thinking he is the hubby even though he asked my sis the relationship of both. She has been to the embassy with her hubby but he was denyed and my sis and kids granted then. And since then she have been travelling to Canada as her preferred destination.

quote author=OmoBendel24 post=68377506]

Ah! This is an outright refusal na.... How, why? No follow-up interview called for? Hian! And you are quite sure no "sin" was committed? Hian![/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hello House,

Please house can I notorize at the embassy same day wife is to deliver? Eg wife to deliver 1am Nigerian time and I notorize 10am Nigerian time. Is there any implication? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chanbaby please can I pm you to get dr Xydas office email address , thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.