Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164495 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumdearest: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello House,

Please house can I notorize at the embassy same day wife is to deliver? Eg wife to deliver 1am Nigerian time and I notorize 10am Nigerian time. Is there any implication? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks you

you can notorize when wifey puts to bed. my hubby did for me after i had my baby too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tushyemi: 4:50am On Jun 12, 2018
hello house, pls I need your advice am new here. we were to go on a family vacation before I found out I was pregnant, we have already paid our visa free and have an appointment date, now that the mission has changed do we still go for the interview has a family or I go with my hubby and leave the kids(2).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by enommi: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2018
hello house please l need your advice here. planning to go on vacation to America

Thank you!
So, i assume you didn’t produce any document showing high risk pregnancy but only burden of proof ?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tmd(f): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2018
In the spirit of giving back....thanks to this forum. Went for my 221g follow up interview last week Tues 10am Abuja.

Background info....was called for a follow up interview in 2016 after drop off, it wasn't called 221g then I guess because I was only sent a mail by the embassy to pick a Tuesday to come for interview by 1pm and that session was majorly for follow up interviews so my heart skipped two beats when I saw a letter this time around and a name attached to it plus booking another appointment....Thanks to fyorgyn, her transcript allayed my fears.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Your passports Pls, You were in the US in 2016. How long were you there for
Me: 3months
VO: What were you doing for 3months
Me: I went to have my baby
VO: In 2014 when you came, the VO asked you if you were going to have a baby and you said no
Me: No she asked me if I was pregnant and I wasn't at that time. I conceived 3months after and I wrote a letter to the embassy which I got a reply to that effect. I have the correspondence here if you would want to see it. (She declined)
VO: Oh I see that in your last interview (looking at her screen). Did you declare your intent to the CBP officer?
Me: Yes
VO: How many children do you have
Me: 3
VO: How many did you birth in the US
Me: 2
VO: What year
Me: 2015 and 2016
VO: When did you have your baby in 2015
Me: March 2015 (I know she wanted to calculate if it was more than 9months after I got the visa)
VO: How much was the bill for each delivery
Me: $11838 for the first and over $11000 for the second. I have my receipts here if you would want to have a look (Again she declined)
VO: What do you do
Me: I am a Medical Doctor
VO: How much do you earn in a month
Me: XYZ
VO: What does your husband do
Me: Bleep bleep
VO: How much does he earn in a month
Me: XYZ
VO: So you are not travelling with the children
Me: They would be travelling one week earlier with their Dad for a family celebration.( I filled on my application form that I would be travelling with my first son only hence this question)
VO: Does your husband have a valid visa
Me: His visa just expired, he already did a drop off
VO: So how long are you planning to stay
Me: 1month
VO: What are you going for
Me: Summer vacation
VO: If you become pregnant would you prefer to birth your child in America or Nigeria
Me: Am done with childbirth
VO: Peradventure you become pregnant?
Me: I would prefer America
VO: Asking so I can note it here so you can use the visa for medical(she smiled for the first time here)
Me: Thank you
VO: Your visa has been approved blah blah blah blah I didn't hear anything again...
Me: Thank you.

No document was checked only our passports(my son and I) was collected.
I went with the following documents though:

Itemized bill and zero balance letter for both deliveries
My Bank of America bank statement
Hubbys bank statement
Letter of employment
Correspondence between the embassy and I regarding my change of Intent in Dec 2014
The children's birth certificate and passport

All the best to others on the line for Interview.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
Christine77:
Please house especially @justwise and @Twoods and other mamas in the house. Is there a reason why people avoid declaring $10000 n above? Cuz I see people taking money just shy of $10000 to avoid declaring. Does it reflect badly on you or something if you do?

I came in last month with $12k without hassle. Just declare any dime over $10k and u are good. My budget sheet stated above that so I wasn’t ready for stories. I wasn’t asked to even show the cash nor was I even asked how much I had with me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by starpexgoody: 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
This thread is indeed a goldmine.tanx to all dos who post transcripts n answer questions.
I have been a silent follower since 2016 n I birthed my son same year with great info from this thread.
Fast forward to 2017 i did dropbox for my visa n was called for 221g interview... I ran back to this thread my starting point and read page by page from my last read n it prepared me for my 221g interview which was a walk over though my visa was held for administrative processing but picked up after a week. Guess they needed to verify my accounts.
Then to 2018...my second missionary journey is a wrap big tanks to @domrita for putting me through getting naija passport in the United States and@ozymes for his great help when the naija embassy in the US was not forthcoming.
Oga Ozymes.. God bless u. Indeed u make me believe good n helpful people still exist in Naija.

God bless us all n Goodluck to those in the process.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by daurys: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
hello house,please anyone with info on affordable accommodation close to henricos in VA should help out.
@doyin2me @GFavor

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 3:17am On Jun 13, 2018
doyin2me:

Read this on the day I was to travel . Got me really scared.

How did it go eventually ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 3:41am On Jun 13, 2018
overlord77:

H
How did it go eventually ?

I already posted my transcript.
It went very well.
Just questions with no documents asked .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by doyin2me: 3:42am On Jun 13, 2018
daurys:
hello house,please anyone with info on affordable accommodation close to henricos in VA should help out.
@doyin2me @GFavor

The 1 I'm in is filled up atm.
Don't know of any other.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amazing01: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2018
Good day everyone, anyone has good info on affordable accomodation/ apartment in Atlanta, Kennesaw, marietta, acworth GA or surrounding environment. I will appreciate any leads please, air bnb is way above my budget. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello guys,I tried to renew my visa via Dropbox but I was asked to schedule an appointment.The earliest date I got is 3 days to my EDD,I have changed my mind about traveling due to this. My worry is ,what if I have the baby before the interview date what are my chances of getting the visa?I really don’t want to be denied
P.S I have had 3 previous visas,never overstayed,never had any medical treatment in the US.
Pls any advice guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
Violetdaisy:
Hello guys,I tried to renew my visa via Dropbox but I was asked to schedule an appointment.The earliest date I got is 3 days to my EDD,I have changed my mind about traveling due to this. My worry is ,what if I have the baby before the interview date what are my chances of getting the visa?I really don’t want to be denied
P.S I have had 3 previous visas,never overstayed,never had any medical treatment in the US.
Pls any advice guys
You may just have to do a vigil to get an earlier date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by daurys: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
doyin2me:

The 1 I'm in is filled up atm.
Don't know of any other.

If u can help with their contact,will be needing the accommodation in November December period

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Violetdaisy:
Pls any advice guys
when is your EDD?. You can try and keep refreshing page to see if you can get an earlier date. you can also check Abuja since there dates aint as far gone as Lagos. Don't give up yet. last last, try Canada if you have little time and don't mind. all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello House,

Please house can I notorize at the embassy same day wife is to deliver? Eg wife to deliver 1am Nigerian time and I notorize 10am Nigerian time. Is there any implication? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks you
you have to book appointment to enable you go to the embassy and sign the form. so you may not likely get a date for the next day as expected. count wife's EDD and schedule few days after.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by seyodelola: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
pls nairalander, I need sample of a budget for delivery. my interview is tomorrow. you can email me. seyodelola@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by seyodelola: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2018
chibertha:
It's a sheet that has the cost of all you intend to spend in USD and it's naira equivalent in columns and totaled
E.g. item /cost (usd) /cost(ngn)
1. Dr' s fee / 100 / 36000
2.. hospital / 200 / 72000
Fee
Total / 300 /108000

pls can you send a sample to my email seyodelola@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Moqq: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello mamas and papas,
If you need a shared accommodation in Houston, pm me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello mamas and papas,

Please who has had a baby with hypoglycemia...what happened. And what was done at the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=seyodelola post=68445331]pls can you send a sample to my email seyodelola@yahoo.com[/quote

With a simple search u Wil get this.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by quin9(f): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello mamas and papas,

Please who has had a baby with hypoglycemia...what happened. And what was done at the hospital?

My baby's was caused by low birth weight,she was feed formula immediately and I was asked to feed her every hour,however little she took,would go a long way,she was tested after each feeding,and the glucose level improved each time so we didn't have to go to NICU
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sheilchi(f): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
Mamajayjay:

Were you asked if you were pregnant and you said No?
Other than that, i think you shouldn't worry about any other thing. Just keep your zero balance receipts with you.

She asked 'ANY KIDS? and i said NOT YET.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tmd(f): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2018
My daughter was hypoglycemic at birth. I put her to breast as soon as she was cleaned up and they asked me if they could give her formulae or Its exclusive breastfeeding, I told them to go ahead as I was tired and I didn't want her to end up in NICU. The glucose level came up after the formula. Relax, if you are not lactating well i 'll suggest add formula with breastfeeding at most every 2hrs.

Aibisoye0:
Hello mamas and papas,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
Anybody ever flown ethopian airline to the u.s. please i need reviews.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamajayjay: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
My dear, just have your reciepts handy. Because they are more concerned that bills are paid. Wishing you a safe trip and delivery .
quote author=sheilchi post=68469711]

She asked 'ANY KIDS? and i said NOT YET.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
Thanks everyone. I will be going through JFK. I have the following questions for mamas that went through new york to houston

1. what domestic flight did you use?
2. which of the new york airports did board the domestic flight?
3. Did you buy the ticket after arrival or you had it on you during the trip from nigeria?
4. Would you advise that i connect to Houston the same day i arrived new york or wait till next day?

Thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
i thought the 221G has reserved dates. I just checked now and saw June 21.

Violetdaisy:
Pls any advice guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sorefunmi(f): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Adebuble:
Been a while i came here.
Tuwale to all those giving information here, congrats to new mums n dads.....
Missed this thread... And am here to give back..

I gave birth to my daughter in 2015 in Hoston, and I gave my reviews then.. I had a good POE experience and paid all my bill.. I stated that I was going to use 10wks but I used 5month..thankfully my Job was still waiting for me..

So I did my Dropbox 2wk ago and I was given two years visa, I just did the collection at DHL Isolo. Truth b told I was scared because of stories here of been given 221g etc.. But it all ended in praise..

Maybe its luck, maybe its my data base with the US...

What is important is to be truthful to the US Embassy, every county wants money, no country wants liability hence when ur trying to go to another man's country just say the truth..am going for delivery (show proof of going back to ur country n proof of not being a burden to them).

please at what point re you not eligible for drop box....i mean how many yrs from expiration of visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
sorefunmi:
please at what point re you not eligible for drop box....i mean how many yrs from expiration of visa

12 months from expiration date for us Nigerians, in fact, 10 days short of 12 months maximum, meaning you don't wait past 11 months and 20 days of expiration if you want to still qualify....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.