Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163148 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Xclusivemaama: 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
ogekad:

Hi Ogemele,

Paid $50 for notary at U.S. Embassy in Abuja.

Abuja??,My hubby paid nothing oo and he did it on Monday.
Got the form today too via DHL

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
tonee45:

Ok thanks. Am planning that I have my babies in d us. A friend of mine in Raleigh, North Carolina said it cost abt $15k. Am seeking some thing cheaper. I don't mind any state.
Check Houston, Texas. It's way cheaper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
ogekad:

I really don’t know what is special in getting the notary signed by them. When our government won’t get its priority right, these foreigners treat us as they like.

It is well, let me do and come back jor.
Whooping $50 just to sign notary form for some days old child. Rediculous. They weren't collecting a dime before, what happened?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 12:00am On Jan 12, 2018
njidekachi:
Hello house, I am a bit confused and need clarifications. I was about renewing my us valid visa but noticed that my passport is expiring 23 january ie this month. Pls should I go ahead with the renewal or .....?

No, apply for a new passport first
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 12:04am On Jan 12, 2018
Xclusivemaama:

Imagine, now am more confused.

I just hope we don't go there and start asking if we should pay $50 cos they may feign ignorance and collect the money.
I think the $50 is for US citizens residing in Naija that may need to notirize for something else. Let's read what's one their website well. I didn't pay anything during my time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 1:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello House Pls Few questions:

1. For those who attended follow up interview, did you take letter from your Nigerian hospital stating that you are pregnant?

2. If I pick a date for my follow up interview can I change the date if something comes up around the said period and my passport won’t be available.

3. The accommodation I booked when I applied was cancelled by the apartment owner after I submitted as he said he could not hold bookings for long... can I change my intended address at the. Follow up interview?

4. Apart from previous bill and receipts, tabulated amount spent during last trip, tabulated amount to be spent on next trip, hospital/drs correspondence and bank statements, is there any other document I should take for the interview?

5. Lastly, can one book expedited appointment when invited for follow up interview?

Thank you all...

Lemme add that I have followed this thread from part 1and I contributed immensely in Part2 when I had my first baby... now ready for journey 2 and my Dropbox wasn’t approved hence all my plenty questions.

Pls help a sister pls.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 5:23am On Jan 12, 2018
ewa2014:
Hello House Pls Few questions:

1. For those who attended follow up interview, did you take letter from your Nigerian hospital stating that you are pregnant?

#Not compulsory but you can take it as documents not always too much#.

2. If I pick a date for my follow up interview can I change the date if something comes up around the said period and my passport won’t be available.

#No you cant#

3. The accommodation I booked when I applied was cancelled by the apartment owner after I submitted as he said he could not hold bookings for long... can I change my intended address at the. Follow up interview?

#Do a new one and explain if talk reach there, also hold confirmation for the previous and correspondence if you have#

4. Apart from previous bill and receipts, tabulated amount spent during last trip, tabulated amount to be spent on next trip, hospital/drs correspondence and bank statements, is there any other document I should take for the interview?

#These are the basic, but add marriage certificate, hubby's data page I'd he has a visa, office letter of introduction, leave approval, baby's birth certificate, etc#

5. Lastly, can one book expedited appointment when invited for follow up interview?

#No, you cant#

Thank you all...

Lemme add that I have followed this thread from part 1and I contributed immensely in Part2 when I had my first baby... now ready for journey 2 and my Dropbox wasn’t approved hence all my plenty questions.

Pls help a sister pls.

Answers in between quoted post. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 8:20am On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks so much... did you re-apply for another interview though... I remember reading your Transcript a while back...

[quote author=Omodadi2 post=64117414][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayotundesh: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2018
Hello Everyone!
Happy New Year!

Please for those parents that used Virgin Atlantic to the U.S, about how much is it for baby's ticket back with you to Nigeria?
Any idea guys?

Thank you much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by njidekachi: 11:08am On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks

ozycy:

No, apply for a new passport first
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Modele35: 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ayotundesh:
Hello Everyone!
Happy New Year!

Please for those parents that used Virgin Atlantic to the U.S, about how much is it for baby's ticket back with you to Nigeria?
Any idea guys?

Thank you much!

I paid 398.90usd in August wen i came back. Delta to US and virgin to Nija. it was a virgin ticket i paid over the Phone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sizl: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Modele35:

I paid 398.90usd in August wen i came back. Delta to US and virgin to Nija. it was a virgin ticket i paid over the Phone

I called them and i was quoted 344GBP for the baby's ticket, thats like 470USD. i am still at a loss as to why its that high, still trying to figure out what to do, whether to wait till I get to the airport tomorrow morning and pay there maybe it might be cheaper or call them on the phone and pay now. I have a travel agent telling me he can book it for 345USD though but i am not so sure whether that ticket will be valid. I had a friend that used a travel agent and the ticket was rejected when she was checking in, she had to buy another one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Modele35: 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
sizl:

I called them and i was quoted 344GBP for the baby's ticket, thats like 470USD. i am still at a loss as to why its that high, still trying to figure out what to do, whether to wait till I get to the airport tomorrow morning and pay there maybe it might be cheaper or call them on the phone and pay now. I have a travel agent telling me he can book it for 345USD though but i am not so sure whether that ticket will be valid. I had a friend that used a travel agent and the ticket was rejected when she was checking in, she had to buy another one

What i found out was when i initially called in JULY it was cheaper like 300usd. Na so i do aroro. i didnt pay. i called much later and it had jacked up. didnt want that again. so i kuku paid. i called virgin in US so I got a USD quote and paid over the phone with my card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sizl: 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
Modele35:

What i found out was when i initially called in JULY it was cheaper like 300usd. Na so i do aroro. i didnt pay. i called much later and it had jacked up. didnt want that again. so i kuku paid. i called virgin in US so I got a USD quote and paid over the phone with my card.

Called in the US also o but they are quoting price for me in Pounds, I should have just bought the ticket earlier, now its so costly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sizl: 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
Modele35:

So update, called to pay the 345GBP, apparently, the person I spoke to earlier got it all wrong and didnt understand what I was saying, the ticket is $281USD and i can pay cash at the airport. Booked the ticket for the baby already so its just to pay at the airport, so relieved!!! the other lady was saying I couldnt pay cash at the airport

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
am with you on this one mehn... the cost of enfamil here compared to what i bought in the US is back breaking. as much as 60% increase
OmoBendel24:

Good. But then, how much is Enfamil and Similac in the US? Way cheaper than it is here in Nigeria oh.... Even most Gerber products too!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good Evening House,

Howr u guys doing...

So I got my visa for B1/B2 (MEDICAL) in 2016 for child birth and used it once when i traveled to give birth and now it will expire in June and want to renew .

1)Please can anyone tell me what supporting documents to apply for a drop box visa renewal Like work documents etc and ?

2)and is it too early to renew for visa that will expire in june?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
jbikes:
Good Evening House,

Howr u guys doing...

So I got my visa for B1/B2 (MEDICAL) in 2016 for child birth and used it once when i traveled to give birth and now it will expire in June and want to renew .

1)Please can anyone tell me what supporting documents to apply for a drop box visa renewal Like work documents etc and ?

2)and is it too early to renew for visa that will expire in june?

Thanks in advance for your help.

B1B2 is not medical.... Medical is just B2.

You don't need to send supporting documents.... If they need documents for any reason, they will call you for interview.

You still have like 5 months on that passport, why will you want to renew it.... Except you intend to travel by july or august, but even at that it's still early.....
my thoughts though....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
ewa2014:
Thanks so much... did you re-apply for another interview though... I remember reading your Transcript a while back...

Yes. Awaiting interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
sizl:

So update, called to pay the 345GBP, apparently, the person I spoke to earlier got it all wrong and didnt understand what I was saying, the ticket is $281USD and i can pay cash at the airport. Booked the ticket for the baby already so its just to pay at the airport, so relieved!!! the other lady was saying I couldnt pay cash at the airport

There shall not be waste in the land.... that is how that money would have gone for nothing..., mscheew....Thank God jare.....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayjay23: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello everyone.

Please has anyone tried to schedule a 221g follow up appointment very recently? I have tried in the last three days without any success.

The appointment calender just comes out blank without any dates or time. I have emailed the US embassy in Abuja, the support centre and also contacted the call centre. Still no progress.

Please are there any other suggestions on what I can possibly do? Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2018
I noticed this too yesterday but cos I wasn’t even fully ready I just closed it... Pls let’s know how you got round it when you do... thanks and all the best.
Kayjay23:
Hello everyone.

Please has anyone tried to schedule a 221g follow up appointment very recently? I have tried in the last three days without any success.

The appointment calender just comes out blank without any dates or time. I have emailed the US embassy in Abuja, the support centre and also contacted the call centre. Still no progress.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2018
Kayjay23:
Hello everyone.

I had same issue, just continue calling and sending mails. Also use the provide feedback option on the homepage of your profile,they respond faster there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sexymj(f): 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
i forgot to do that.

ladeonas:

i closed it the day i was leaving because they told me i had to leave at least $1,500. so i wont be charged
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 12:17am On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=freshdad post=64135730]am with you on this one mehn... the cost of enfamil here compared to what i bought in the US is back breaking. as much as 60% increase[/quote.

Pls give the baby SMA gold. It's very good and the quality is ok. Used enfamil, my last baby kept pooing immediately after feeding. Switched to Sma and we were ok. But if u can and its good for the baby, then....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 4:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Please with this recent US Embassy notarial service requirement for LO's passport, has anyone gotten a passport in Houston since January 1 using a form ds3053 notarized by an ordinary notary and not at the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayjay23: 5:19am On Jan 13, 2018
Omodadi2:

I had same issue, just come time calling and sending mails. Also use the provide feedback option on the homepage of your profile,they respond faster there.

Thank you so much Omodadi.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:22am On Jan 13, 2018
Hello.PM me i got some questions
Xclusivemaama:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Xclusivemaama: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2018
ozymes:
Hello.PM me i got some questions

Dunno how this pm works..it keeps bouncing back..drop ur email add
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:36am On Jan 13, 2018
this info is for budget Flight hunters Turkish Airlines , Qatar Airways are eye catching now. Los to JFK, ORD are sub 360k.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2018
Morning everyone.

Pls I am looking for accommodation (1 or 2 bed flat) in downtown Chicago for a month or 6 weeks.

Would appreciate your help.

Anyone flown Qatar to JFK recently with the 2 HR layover in doha? Any immigration questions in Doha? Pls share your experience.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2018
Was anyone’s expired Visa cancel after an unsuccessful Dropbox application... so I was invited for follow up interview with DH and yet our visas that expired Feb 2017 were stamped as cancelled without prejudice... is this normal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.