Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163032 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dior09: 1:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
Dior09:

I don't really know how to post here, but yes Oakbend has reviewed their fees.

Vaginal delivery 2,850
C-section 4,050
Multiple births/each additional 700

I hope that helps

Update!

For people intending to use Oakbend, don't go with the new price list from Doctor's office. When you get there act like you don't know about any price increase and you will be able to save yourself $100. They'll use the old price for you. That's what I did yesterday. Bye.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dior09: 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
Zeenayah:
Morning everyone.

Pls I am looking for accommodation (1 or 2 bed flat) in downtown Chicago for a month or 6 weeks.

Would appreciate your help.

Anyone flown Qatar to JFK recently with the 2 HR layover in doha? Any immigration questions in Doha? Pls share your experience.
Thanks.

Don't know about accommodation in Chicago.
Flew Qatar in December. No immigration questions. Just routine search. If you're carrying laptops, cameras etc.. they'll search them separately and repack in a transparent nylon. That's all, nothing much. Hope that helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by litylity55: 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello house, Pls help for this info. For a family flying delta from. Lagos to Houston, will they poe in Atlanta or Houston. And if it's Atlanta how is the experience like. DW is going for child birth in Houston but we booked delta. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Havre: 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
Hello fam,

I am considering West Houston Medical Center and Houston Northwest Medical Center, especially the former. The online reviews sha...
So I have gone to the website, I should select "OB/GY" and email all of them? Is that how you guys do it? I will ask for cost of childbirth, is there any other thing I need to ask? I would appreciate any info right now. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2018
Zeenayah:
Morning everyone.

Pls I am looking for accommodation (1 or 2 bed flat) in downtown Chicago for a month or 6 weeks.

Would appreciate your help.

Anyone flown Qatar to JFK recently with the 2 HR layover in doha? Any immigration questions in Doha? Pls share your experience.
Thanks.

Airbnb.com is the answer. Check the host review for guide and also note you can negotiate further.

2017 flew Qatar airways and no questioning. No CBP post station at Doha airport. if their is any it shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2018
litylity55:
Hello house, Pls help for this info. For a family flying delta from. Lagos to Houston, will they poe in Atlanta or Houston. And if it's Atlanta how is the experience like. DW is going for child birth in Houston but we booked delta. Thanks.

POE would be Atlanta, just be well prepared that's the secret to all POEs.
Favour all the way in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2018
Zeenayah:

Thanks.

Yep. I came in on the 27th dec and the immigration questions in doha was lots.
1. Can i hav ur passport?
Me:- yes pls...
2. Did u notify the embassy? Let me c an evidence either hard or soft copy.
Me:- yes pls....(then i couldn't find it and wifi was misbehaving, he left me and attended to 3 other ppl with issues though not women then came back to me and said the notification may never be found so lets move on)
4. What do u do in nigeria?
A medical practitioner
5. Public or private sector?
Public
6. Is your husband coming to join u?
Nope- busy with work.
7. Is dis ur first preg? First ever?
Yep
8. Why u.s?
Dual citizenship hence increasing our baby's opportunity in life (he then said r their no opportunities in nig? I was like sure there is thats why i can fund my trip bt baby could have more than i have. And he was like FANTASTIC!!)
9 can i see your doctor's correspondence showing the amount u claim the hosp would charge you?
Sure- here it is.
10. How long wud you be in the u.s.?
3mths
11. Can i c ur return ticket?
Off course. Here it is.
12. How far are u gone with the preg?
34wks
13.are you with the money in cash?
Yes i am (brought out the envelop that contained it and he said is fine i dont need to bring it out)
14. Which state are u going to now?
Minnesota but wud go to texas later.
He then said thats fine. Wud let them know i have cleared u.

@new york he basically ask few of the questions i was asked in doha :- how long and why u.s. we just chatted and in less than 5mins i was done. Holla...
Got a cart for $6 picked my bags, went to agric, then out of the terminal. Crossed over to the other side of the rd, entered an elevator and the a free train to terminal 4 and boarded my sun country flight to Minnesota.

Back in texas now though for my appointment. I don tire mbok, wud cont later if i remember any other detail bt guess this was all.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
ewa2014:
Was anyone’s expired Visa cancel after an unsuccessful Dropbox application... so I was invited for follow up interview with DH and yet our visas that expired Feb 2017 were stamped as cancelled without prejudice... is this normal

Yes it's normal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for your response.

Dior09:

Don't know about accommodation in Chicago.
Flew Qatar in December. No immigration questions. Just routine search. If you're carrying laptops, cameras etc.. they'll search them separately and repack in a transparent nylon. That's all, nothing much. Hope that helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks a lot. Been living on airbnb looking for but exploring other options as well.

Ramj:

Airbnb.com is the answer. Check the host review for guide and also note you can negotiate further.

2017 flew Qatar airways and no questioning. No CBP post station at Doha airport. if their is any it shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2018
nefertitiram:

Pm me for accommodation in Chicago

Thanks Nerf. I already sent a mail to your gmail from my yahoo mail. Thanks for always being helpful. Would be awaiting your response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks a bunch for taking time out to write a comprehensive response. The questions were quite straightforward and easy just a lot. Congratulations and wish you a safe delivery

ogemele:

Yep. I came in on the 27th dec and the immigration questions in doha was lots.
1. Can i hav ur passport?
Me:- yes pls...
2. Did u notify the embassy? Let me c an evidence either hard or soft copy.
Me:- yes pls....(then i couldn't find it and wifi was misbehaving, he left me and attended to 3 other ppl with issues though not women then came back to me and said the notification may never be found so lets move on)
3. Hw much do u have and how much is ur bill?
$5,045. A million plus in my naira acc and a few dollars in my dollar card. My bill is approximately $5000 to the nearest thousand
4. What do u do in nigeria?
A medical practitioner
5. Public or private sector?
Public
6. Is your husband coming to join u?
Nope- busy with work.
7. Is dis ur first preg? First ever?
Yep
8. Why u.s?
Dual citizenship hence increasing our baby's opportunity in life (he then said r their no opportunities in nig? I was like sure there is thats why i can fund my trip bt baby could have more than i have. And he was like FANTASTIC!!)
9 can i see your doctor's correspondence showing the amount u claim the hosp would charge you?
Sure- here it is.
10. How long wud you be in the u.s.?
3mths
11. Can i c ur return ticket?
Off course. Here it is.
12. How far are u gone with the preg?
34wks
13.are you with the money in cash?
Yes i am (brought out the envelop that contained it and he said is fine i dont need to bring it out)
14. Which state are u going to now?
Minnesota but wud go to texas later.
He then said thats fine. Wud let them know i have cleared u.

@new york he basically ask few of the questions i was asked in doha :- how long and why u.s. we just chatted and in less than 5mins i was done. Holla...
Got a cart for $6 picked my bags, went to agric, then out of the terminal. Crossed over to the other side of the rd, entered an elevator and the a free train to terminal 4 and boarded my sun country flight to Minnesota.

Back in texas now though for my appointment. I don tire mbok, wud cont later if i remember any other detail bt guess this was all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
Omodadi2:

Yes it's normal

Thanks omodadi2. Do they also do this if the visa was granted Like it’s a norm to cancel their old expired visas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bisoye76: 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
@Dior09
Dior09:

Can you pls send me your email address i have vital questions to ask pls
Mine is rafyannetravels@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks and God bless
Update!

For people intending to use Oakbend, don't go with the new price list from Doctor's office. When you get there act like you don't know about any price increase and you will be able to save yourself $100. They'll use the old price for you. That's what I did yesterday. Bye.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
ewa2014:

Thanks omodadi2. Do they also do this if the visa was granted Like it’s a norm to cancel their old expired visas

Yes they do. My husband's was granted and same was on it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by veleta: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2018
Please guys,can someone use extended stay address for correspondence like US passport, SSN and birth certificate.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thank you very much kaakaa, i appreciate but I want to travel in june when is the best time to apply and how long does it to to come out?

And please what is the process for the renewal I have not done it before ...please can u or anyone else help with step by step guide to apply .abeg make this agents no chop my money for nothing?

kaakaa:

B1B2 is not medical.... Medical is just B2.

You don't need to send supporting documents.... If they need documents for any reason, they will call you for interview.

You still have like 5 months on that passport, why will you want to renew it.... Except you intend to travel by july or august, but even at that it's still early.....
my thoughts though....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
veleta:
Please guys,can someone use extended stay address for correspondence like US passport, SSN and birth certificate.Thanks
Sure you can. Note that your child's SSN will be sent to the exact address you applied with
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by veleta: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
ozycy:

Sure you can. Note that your child's SSN will be sent to the exact address you applied with

Thanks a lot Ozycy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamaJeremy: 12:29am On Jan 14, 2018
Its time to give back to a community i have learnt so much from. I got my visa september 2017. Here is the transcript. I was interviewed in lagos by an elderly woman
VO goodmorning

Me: goodmorning ma'am

VO fine can i have your passport

Me: sure

VO what you going to do in the US
Me: to give birth

VO have you contacted a doctor and a hospital

Me: Yes(expatiated further on the name of the doctor and hospital and attempted to bring out the correspondence and letters but she said i shouldnt bother.

VO how did you get to know about the doctor

Me: got to know about her through a friend that had used her earlier
VO which state are you going to

Me: Georgia
VO: how long do you intend to spend
Me: 12weeks
VO: where will you stay
Me: intown suites(gave her the address)

VO: how much is your budget
Me: About 15k dollars( tried pulling out my documents but she said i shouldnt bring out any of the documents

VO: How long have you been working at your place of work
Me: Over 2yrs
VO: what does your husband do
Me: bleep
VO: will he accompany you
Me: No because hes a very busy person and cant afford to be away frm work for that long

VO: You have a son already, who will be taking care of him while you are away
Me: My mum
VO: i will grant your visa
She gave me the white paper and i said thank you.

At the airport, fit to fly from port health was requested for despite having one from my doctor. Flew virgin atlantic at 35weeks 5days in november( better to fly them earlier because they almost did not fly me under the pretence that they dont fly pregnant women beyond 32weeks as opposed to what is on their website). Anyways, God showed up for me.
Fast forward to POE
POE was atlanta. The queue was extremely long, after standing for like 1hr 30mins i was directed to use the self service machine. Got my print out and joined another queue. Got to my turn eventually.
CBP: hello
Me: hi good day
Cbp: why are you here
Me: to have my baby and spend my maternity leave
Cbp: how long will you be spending here
Me:9weeks(note i said 12weeks at my interview but couldnt make it early as i planned due to work)
Cbp: where will you stay
Me: gave him the address of the intown suite
Cbp: lemme have the hospital correspondence(handed it over to him
Cbp: how much do you have on you
Me: 4kdollars , ive paid my hospital fees and i have about 6kdollars on my cards
Cbp: can i see the receipt of payment you made to the hospital
Looked at it for a minute and went to meet another officer who told him to go give another officer.
Cbp 2: hello
Me: hi good day
Cbp 2: why are you in the US
Me: for childbirth
Cbp: how much do you have with you(gave him same response as above)
Cbp: any food stuff
Me:yes
My documents were kept in a folder and given to a lady who told me my bags will be retrieved so as to be searched.
Got to agric and they asked same questions as above and checked the documents i submitted earlier while i waited for my bags to be brought..
Waited for like 20mins and didnt see my bags, had to go bring it from baggage claim myself.
The officer in agric just said i should go with my bags, it wasnt opened. Carried rice, beans, egusi, yam flour, knor cubes, dried fish, dry pepper, peak milk, milo all packed in ziploc bags and labelled.

Planned and paid for a vaginal delievery though i ended up with a csection.Had my 9pounds 6ounce baby 5weeks after at 41weeks via emergency Ceaserian section at northside hospital . Came in for induction which was almost successful until i got dilated to 9.5cm for over 2hrs. Baby didnt descend enough to be pushed out hence i was sectioned.

Hospital bill $6875

Paid extra $685 for baby

Anesthesia: $3063

Paed $850

Doctor $1900

Infant ticket on VA $436( i almost fainted when i was told, guess its cos its peak period)

Filled the birth cert form 2days after delivery.
Birth cert was gotten 1week after( 3copies for $35

American passport $165(was gotten same day i got BC
Naija passport $235 (they had only 64pages, expedited it and got it after 1week)
SSN was gotten 12days after by mail.

Missionary journey ended successfully. We give God all the glory
A big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum.
Sorry about the typos(time constraints)

51 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GFavor: 1:42am On Jan 14, 2018
Hi Dior,
The cost you gave for oakbend does it include Dr fee and paed.

don't really know how to post here, but yes Oakbend has reviewed their fees.

Vaginal delivery 2,850
C-section 4,050

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ykjegz: 2:12am On Jan 14, 2018
Good day everyone, does anyone have accomodation options close to oakbend Medical, Houston TX...from Mid April to June 2018.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peacenigeria: 3:38am On Jan 14, 2018
GFavor:
Hi Dior,
The cost you gave for oakbend does it include Dr fee and paed.

don't really know how to post here, but yes Oakbend has reviewed their fees.

Vaginal delivery 2,850
C-section 4,050

Unfortunately, it does not include Doctors or Pediatric fees sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 5:09am On Jan 14, 2018
Hello wonderful people,

I am Oakbend, Houston bound from March to may, please I need your help in respect of accommodation.

I have been surfing on airbnb but still d prices are not so friendly and one can not vouch that your host will be good self...

I need suggestion of places to stay that can accommodate 3 people - I,hubby,mother in law, that is affordable( My MIL suggested a 1 BD with a sofa bed house,no cummunal sharing) and close to oakbend hospital and a mall.

This is not my father's land,abeg, don't want to return to tell stories that touch d heart due to accommodation issue.

Thanks for d anticipated response.

I will also appreciate suggestions especially from those that have used oakbend medical center before.

Please u can PM me for a recommended place/host, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kennyliza: 9:45am On Jan 14, 2018
Hello good people,

I had a chat with my friend last night in respect of Dr F of oakbend, she said that she won't advise me to use him as he does not often turn up for appointment when u need him and that his charges are high. How true is this please?

For those that has use oakbend before, please PM me d name of the Doctor and OBY that is attentive,caring and sensitive to our needs for we self-pay naija mums, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayotundesh: 9:52am On Jan 14, 2018
Thank you so much everyone...

The price they gave me for virgin Atlantic return ticket to Nigeria for my baby was $465.70 or so...guess the price kept increasing....the trend is obvious from your responses.

Thanks much!

I was like what? we are heading to $500 here...
I actually thought the baby ticket would be 10-20% of adult's ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2018
Please im interested too. I intend using Dr Dama Z. Whats his rating like?

kennyliza:
Hello good people,

I had a chat with my friend last night in respect of Dr F of oakbend, she said that she won't advise me to use him as he does not often turn up for appointment when u need him and that his charges are high. How true is this please?

For those that has use oakbend before, please PM me d name of the Doctor and OBY that is attentive,caring and sensitive to our needs for we self-pay naija mums, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 11:27am On Jan 14, 2018
ewa2014:
Was anyone’s expired Visa cancel after an unsuccessful Dropbox application... so I was invited for follow up interview with DH and yet our visas that expired Feb 2017 were stamped as cancelled without prejudice... is this normal

Yes ,mine was too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Awesome777: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
I want to appreciate everyone who shared their stories on this platform, it has been so helpful.

I seek your advice, it is actually urgent. My due date is in March and am looking at giving birth in the US but am on visiting visa at the moment.

What are my chances right now? Is it still possible to write a change of intent letter, if it is possible, I will be glad if someone can work me through this process.

Expecting your reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyibo4real: 2:34pm On Jan 14, 2018
Yipeeeeeeeeee! Mumsy's Visa Granted!!!
The questions weren't much, just few of them.

VO: Why are you going to US?

Mum: To assist my daughter who is going to have her baby there.

VO: How many children do you have and how many are outside Nigeria?

Mum: 6, only one is outside (not US)

VO: what do you do?

Mum: Business

VO: How much do you make?

Mum: it depends on the season, but minimum of 200k monthly.

VO: How long are you going to stay?

Mum: I have no idea, but once my daughter is done, we're coming bck together.

VO: Congratulations, your visa has been granted.

Meanwhile, I had already prepared her mind on the questions to expect, and also gave her some documents ( Hubby's Statement of account, my data n Visa page, proof of payments of my last delivery, doctors correspondence etc), but none was requested.

It can only be God and I'm grateful to HIM. Prep mood fully activated!!! LA here we come...

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.