Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166207 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollipop29: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Lol@ Missionary kids...

To answer your question @lollipop29

I know someone whose visa was denied because of this same reason- she enrolled her son in a public school for a short period... but you know, we never know the true story...

So I decided to do a quick online search on the topic and saw THIS and many more...

Basically, your children may not be asked their status by the school and may be enrolled without much ado... the problem there is that it is a DIRECT VIOLATION of your B1/B2 visa and you may find it very difficult renewing your visas

Thanks very much for this wonderful information. I would just stay clear of their schools.

But I have a friend who is already in the US for delivery as well, and she has already enrolled her children in a public school. Although, schools haven’t started yet until August ending, can she still withdraw the children to avoid this “violation” , or the damage has been done already ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
lollipop29:

Thanks very much for this wonderful information. I would just stay clear of their schools.

But I have a friend who is already in the US for delivery as well, and she has already enrolled her children in a public school. Although, schools haven’t started yet until August ending, can she still withdraw the children to avoid this “violation” , or the damage has been done already ?

Are her children US citizens?

I think she should actually cancel the enrolment so it is on record that it was cancelled.

Since you are still in Nigeria can you consider going with the 2 year old and leaving the 10 year old? So he/she doesn't miss much in school especially as it is a new session and the child may find it difficult to catch up when you come back after delivery.

You can put the 2year old in a day care and pay for the service.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lollipop29: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fyorgyn:

Are her children US citizens?

I think she should actually cancel the enrolment so it is on record that it was cancelled.

Since you are still in Nigeria can you consider going with the 2 year old and leaving the 10 year old? So he/she doesn't miss much in school especially as it is a new session and the child may find it difficult to catch up when you come back after delivery.

You can put the 2year old in a day care and pay for the service.

No, her children were born here in Nigeria. I will reach her and advice she should cancel the enrollment ASAP since school hasn’t started.

And I hope the school would give her a letter as an evidence that she canceled it so she can go along with it in her subsequent US visa application .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
lollipop29:

The image posted by Fyorgyn doesn't say you can't do it, it says it's a violation to do it. If you do it and know it's a violation, don't be surprised when your Visa is not renewed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dgrick: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hello fam,

How are you all doing today?, i have an appointment with the Usa embassy this coming week, me, my wife and my mother, my wife is pregnant and planing to give birth in the USA,I own 4 companies, And i have i my CAC, also am into car business, and i got most of all my cars in USA, thinking if i should get an invite from my car dealers in USA, and get a normal invite from my friend in USA as well, might give me edge, please what do you think about my plans,in getting two invite letters? or i should just go and face them, i hate USA embassy thou, i have been to dubia like 6 times, south Africa once,Russia once, we expecting our 1st baby,i was even told to lie that i we have a kid before,please help me out

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by starpexgoody: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
lollipop29:

No, they were born in Nigeria

It might pose a little problem at your visa renewal. But might not if you have properly done all the paperwork that will cum with enrolling them.
Had a friend who enrolled her kids in a private school during her missionary journey and had issues at visa renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Letter of invitation means nothing if you're going for childbirth. Ability to pay Bill's and return to Nigeria are the two main things they are looking out for. Why lie about having a child? What advantage does that give? Lying never pays tho. You may get away with it now and suffer consequences in future

dgrick:
Hello fam,

How are you all doing today?, i have an appointment with the Usa embassy this coming week, me, my wife and my mother, my wife is pregnant and planing to give birth in the USA,I own 4 companies, And i have i my CAC, also am into car business, and i got most of all my cars in USA, thinking if i should get an invite from my car dealers in USA, and get a normal invite from my friend in USA as well, might give me edge, please what do you think about my plans,in getting two invite letters? or i should just go and face them, i hate USA embassy thou, i have been to dubia like 6 times, south Africa once,Russia once, we expecting our 1st baby,i was even told to lie that i we have a kid before,please help me out

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=Fyorgyn post=70303361]

Hi Fyorgyn, I sent a pm but I guess u didn't see it. Plz can you help with the accommodation details in LA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NicoleObi: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2018
In the spirit of giving back. I had my appointment on this week. This is how it went:
VO: why do u want to come to US
Me: I will be on maternity in October and hope to give birth in Houston.
VO: y do u wanna give birth in US
Me: for a better quality of health care system
VO: Madam, why do u wanna give birth in US
Me: for a bettter quality of....
VO: madam! I said, y do u wanna give birth in US( looking at me angrily)
Me: To give my child a better opportunity in Life
VO: Is this ur 1st child?
Me:No. This is my child and ive also had the remaining 2 in the US. I have all my receipts if u carw to see them.
VO: No. What is their date of birth?
Me:XXXX
VO: i can see that when u got ur last visa(2013) u dint declare ur intentions to give birth
Me: yes, its because i wasnt pregnant then and it wasnt planned...i just got married and wasnt ready for a baby.
VO: madam, u know u had the intention...and u didnt use the visa for what u said u declared to use it for(visiting)
Me: no maam, i did....when i found out i was pregnant...had to move my travel plans to my delivery period...and still visited my uncle and gave birth while in his house.
VO: where else have u travelled to since ur visa expired in 2015?
Me: Xxxxx
VO: u went to Bleep? What for?
Me:For work maam...i work with Xxxx, i am an Xxxc...and my main role is to xxxxxxx.
VO: can i have ur receipts.
Me: yes maam. Hands it over to her
VO: what is your budget?
Me: 11,000 ( did not hand her my budget sheet). Can i show u my budget sheet?
VO: yes....looks through....what does ur hubby do?
Me:Xxxxxxxxx
VO: so...ur visa has been approved
Me: thank you so much maam
VO: you welcome...and congrats on ur baby!!!(with a smile)

I carry my documents and run away.

Goodluck to everyone that is yet to have their interview. May GOD be with you. God bless all the contributors of this group...you have helped me and many others in so many ways....have a blessed week ahead.

Where my HNWMC November/December Moms @?���

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DFmum: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2018
NicoleObi:
In the spirit of giving back. I had my appointment on this week. This is how it went:
VO: why do u want to come to US
Me: I will be on maternity in October and hope to give birth in Houston.
VO: y do u wanna give birth in US
Me: for a better quality of health care system
VO: Madam, why do u wanna give birth in US
Me: for a bettter quality of....
VO: madam! I said, y do u wanna give birth in US( looking at me angrily)
Me: To give my child a better opportunity in Life
VO: Is this ur 1st child?
Me:No. This is my child and ive also had the remaining 2 in the US. I have all my receipts if u carw to see them.
VO: No. What is their date of birth?
Me:XXXX
VO: i can see that when u got ur last visa(2013) u dint declare ur intentions to give birth
Me: yes, its because i wasnt pregnant then and it wasnt planned...i just got married and wasnt ready for a baby.
VO: madam, u know u had the intention...and u didnt use the visa for what u said u declared to use it for(visiting)
Me: no maam, i did....when i found out i was pregnant...had to move my travel plans to my delivery period...and still visited my uncle and gave birth while in his house.
VO: where else have u travelled to since ur visa expired in 2015?
Me: Xxxxx
VO: u went to Bleep? What for?
Me:For work maam...i work with Xxxx, i am an Xxxc...and my main role is to xxxxxxx.
VO: can i have ur receipts.
Me: yes maam. Hands it over to her
VO: what is your budget?
Me: 11,000 ( did not hand her my budget sheet). Can i show u my budget sheet?
VO: yes....looks through....what does ur hubby do?
Me:Xxxxxxxxx
VO: so...ur visa has been approved
Me: thank you so much maam
VO: you welcome...and congrats on ur baby!!!(with a smile)

I carry my documents and run away.

Goodluck to everyone that is yet to have their interview. May GOD be with you. God bless all the contributors of this group...you have helped me and many others in so many ways....have a blessed week ahead.

Where my HNWMC November/December Moms @?���

Congratulations , I wish myself same this week. I pray I will post my script joyfully after my interview this week.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=NicoleObi post=70406204]In the spirit of giving back. I had my appointment on this week. This is how it went:

Congratulations to you, Happy hearing this. Where was ur Interview Location please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NicoleObi: 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
DFmum:

Congratulations , I wish myself same this week. I pray I will post my script joyfully after my interview this week.

Amen...sucess is ursnin Jesus Name. I prayed oo wella...i no go lie. I was also asked for my proof of funds....i forgot to include on the script.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NicoleObi: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=ashedzi post=70433121][/quote]

In lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NicoleObi: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=ashedzi post=70433121][/quote]

Thank u, in Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 12:34am On Aug 20, 2018
Moms who used Henrico's hospital and doctor pls holla with current cost... be like say I wan reconsider.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 12:39am On Aug 20, 2018
doyin2me:

The 1 I'm in is filled up atm.
Don't know of any other.

Hello doyin2me, how are you doing and your LO?
any update on apartments now please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemmy2018: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2018
Good morning, i have a profile with a receipt already locked for a date next month in Lagos. However, i have no need for it any more. Can i know if there is a way to transfer this to someone else who needs it or updating my profile with the person's details. Whoever knows a way around this and is interested, should pls let me know. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toyin3000: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
@damidamsel, @obikada please assist

I saw this post on May 8, 2016, a colleague of mine needs this response urgently

"Using Crozer chester medical center may serve me better as I can get a doctor's correspondence compared to Delaware County Memorial Hospital Philadelphia.

Please can you send me the contact details of the Obstetrician you used so I make further enquiries and a copy of your intent letter to the embassy if possible.

Also, I have family in Philly, is it possible they could source the obstetrician for me?

Also when you say "burden of proof", what did yours contain so I can have mine handy. I will be going direct to Philadelphia and not Atl POE. I pray a seamless experience. My first time wasn't stressful at all and I travelled with my husband.

Look forward to your response.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sandypat: 5:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Chicago POE!!!!!!!

Very long story after 6 hours with the GBP official..
my best advice: whether you are going for vacation or a second missionary journey ensure you go with a breakdown of all your bills- doctor, pediatritian, lab, hospital and be able to explain if you were given an unreasonable discount.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=Sandypat post=70467093]Chicago POE!!!!!!!

Very long story after 6 hours with the GBP official..
my best advice: whether you are going for vacation or a second missionary journey ensure you go with a breakdown of all your bills- doctor, pediatritian, lab, hospital and be able to explain if you were given an unreasonable discount.

Waiting for the full gist please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by customised87: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
Viola2017:
Hello gurus in the house,

I need your candid advice so as not to proceed in error, I had my baby late last month in California.
Hospital bill which is on the paper I signed the first day I went there is $3000 for days VD.
Doctors fee for VD/CS is $2000
I paid in full and got receipts from doctor and hospital same day.

Thanks all for your time, I'll await your response(s) here

Hello. Congratulations on the birth of your baby! I sent you a PM, I need certain info as regards documentation and baby's passport in Cali. A friend just had her baby there.
Kindly respond
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
Way to go.
I love WHMC because there you would be given a copy of the self pay package to sign on registration.
Artiod:
Hello Everyone, in the spirit of giving back here’s my story.

DH and I applied for a visa in March 2016, during the interview I declared I was going to give birth and the only document that was checked was my correspondence with the doctor. Our application was successful. I travelled in May to Houston and POE was a breeze. I declared to the CBP officer that I was having my baby and that was it. Had my LO at WHMC, paid all my bills and came home.

Fast forward to July this year we wanted to go to Atlanta for vacation and decided to renew our visa via Dropbox. Got the dreaded 221g request for a follow up interview. Went for our interview on Friday in Lagos

VO - Good morning
DH & I - Good morning
VO - Can I have your passports please
VO - What’s your relationship?
Me - We are married
VO - for how long?
Me - 4 years
VO - Okay I can see you’re going to Atlanta, have you been to the US before?
Me - Yes
VO - Where did you go to?
Me - Houston Texas to have my LO
VO - Okay why is your LO not going on this trip with you
DH - We wanted a trip just for the two of us we’ve not had one since we had our LO
VO - Okay do you have your receipts for your medical treatment with you
Me - Yes (hands over the receipts, zero balance statements, itemized bill and self pay package price list from WHMC all labeled)
VO - Thank you (goes through each page slowly and stops at the account statement from WHMC) please give me a moment
Goes for around 5minutes then comes back
VO - where do you work and how long
Me - Bleep for 9 months but prior to that I was at xxxx for 5 years
DH - xxxx for 4 years
VO - do you have family in Atlanta?
DH - yes my cousin lives there
VO - and in Houston you stayed with family too?
DH - Yes
VO - How much did you spend on your medical treatment?
Me - $11,084.65
VO - Is this only the medical bill
Me - Yes
VO - Do you know why you were given a discount of $14000 by the hospital?
Me - When I contacted the hospital they informed me that they have a self pay package which I included with my payment receipts that I handed over to you. I had a c-section so I paid $4200 for that and an extra $925 because my son came early and spent an extra day at the hospital. The payment was in line with the package.
VO - Okay will you be accessing medical treatment on this trip
Me - No but the plan is to have another child some time next year or 2020 so I’ll be using it then
VO - Okay (types for what seemed like forever)
Thank you for visiting the American consulate today. I’ll be approving your visa you can pick it up at the DHL location (hands over the white paper). I have made a note of your payment but please take your receipts along when you’re travelling to the US. Also when you do go to the US for your medical treatment please ensure you pay all your bills and don’t take insurance or aid from the government.
DH & I - Thank you and have a nice day
VO - You too

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
U.S. Mission to Nigeria

Message for U.S. Citizens: The Re-opening of the U.S. Embassy Abuja’s Consular Section

August 20, 2018

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja’s consular section will reopen on August 24 for full services for both visas and American Citizen Services (ACS). Please note that consular functions at the U.S. Consulate Lagos were never affected and will continue as usual.

We regret the inconvenience this interruption of service in Abuja has caused.

Visa and ACS applicants with scheduled appointments for August 24 should come to the Embassy, as usual.

Visa and ACS applicants with cancelled appointments between August 13 and August 23 will be contacted by the Embassy for rescheduling.

Visa and ACS applicants who were requested by an officer to appear again for follow-up questions on existing applications should contact our office to arrange a new date (ConsularAbuja@state.gov for visas or AbujaACS@state.gov for ACS).

Visa applicants:

· If you submitted a passport through the Interview Waiver Program for visa renewal, it will be processed as soon as possible.

· If your application was already approved, it will be mailed out (as normal) on the next available DHL shipment to your listed address.

Abuja ACS applicants who wish to pick-up their already-printed U.S. passports may come on Friday 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. If you are uncertain if your U.S. passport has arrived yet, please contact us first at AbujaACS@state.gov .

For information on security in Nigeria:

· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Advisories and Alerts,the Nigeria Travel Advisory, Nigeria Country Information, and the Crime and Safety Reports for Nigeria

· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

· Contact the U.S. Embassy inAbuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4328 (ACS only), Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000 and press zero.

· Contact the U.S. Consulate inLagos, located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3600 (ACS only), Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460 3400.

· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Annediniebimo20: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good Evening House,

My husband and I were granted B1/B2 visitors visa in 2016 and in 2017 I gave birth in the US although we wrote to the embassy informing them of the change of plans. We paid all our bills and we have our zero balance.

We sent our passport via Dropbox for our visa renewal but we were asked to come for an interview. No reason was ticked on the form.

We are about to schedule our appointment, has anybody experienced this. Please advise Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
My response was removed maybe misconstrued by admin. I don't have a business with providing accommodation for anyone. What I meant was I can assist with that information where to get as the poster asked. I wanted for the hospital hnwmc and Dr as that was part of one of my enquires. Thank God someone saw it and the person is being helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.