Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164565 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
Annediniebimo20:
Good Evening House,

My husband and I were granted B1/B2 visitors visa in 2016 and in 2017 I gave birth in the US although we wrote to the embassy informing them of the change of plans. We paid all our bills and we have our zero balance.

We sent our passport via Dropbox for our visa renewal but we were asked to come for an interview. No reason was ticked on the form.

We are about to schedule our appointment, has anybody experienced this. Please advise Thanks.

Hi. Most likely they want to verify that you paid your bills
Did you receive the interview form in a mail or you were asked to pick up your passports?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Annediniebimo20: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Momo13:

Hi. Most likely they want to verify that you paid your bills
Did you receive the interview form in a mail or you were asked to pick up your passports?

We picked up the passports
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by quin9(f): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
221g interview is no longer a big deal,read back for other people's transcripts,Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dapsony121: 12:11am On Aug 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
1. I would like to know how long does it usually take US Embassy to process visa waiver application as soon as they receive the applicant package from DHL?

2. Is it possible for US embassy to grant my mother emergency interview appointment upon request? my wife due date is early October, I already called US embassy in the states and I was told to apply for emergency interview appointment date after explaining why I needed my mother on or before my wife due date. I'm about to schedule her appointment, has anybody experienced this. Please advise Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gilgil: 1:53am On Aug 23, 2018
Hello House,
Does anyone have experience with requesting emergency appointment?
We are.scheduled for 17th Sept in Abuja but would love to move to an earlier date So we can travel earlier. EDD is 4-5 weeks from visa interview date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jasmine08: 6:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Hi guys.

Please I've tried sending a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng for visa on arrival but it keeps bouncing back saying recipient's mailbox is full.

Does anyone have a contact I can call directly? It's urgent please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Yes I have got similar expirence. You are probably called to get your profile updated
Mine, I had baby in 2015 we renewed via Dropbox same year on going to renew via Dropbox in 2017 I was invited for interview it was just a 2mins thing.
My husband also sent his for renewal 2moths ago via Dropbox and has been invited for an interview which he has not done due to his busy schedule.

Note I was invited for the interview in January 2018 but I went some months later just to show I am.not desperate.
Check my transcript.

Annediniebimo20:
Good Evening House,

My husband and I were granted B1/B2 visitors visa in 2016 and in 2017 I gave birth in the US although we wrote to the embassy informing them of the change of plans. We paid all our bills and we have our zero balance.

We sent our passport via Dropbox for our visa renewal but we were asked to come for an interview. No reason was ticked on the form.

We are about to schedule our appointment, has anybody experienced this. Please advise Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2018
Send a relative to the airport with copies of the documents
Jasmine08:
Hi guys.

Please I've tried sending a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng for visa on arrival but it keeps bouncing back saying recipient's mailbox is full.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
A lot of people here have done it just search with the key word you would be surprised step by step procedure would be in your face before you finish.

Gilgil:
Hello House,
Does anyone have experience with requesting emergency appointment?
We are.scheduled for 17th Sept in Abuja but would love to move to an earlier date So we can travel earlier. EDD is 4-5 weeks from visa interview date

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
NicoleObi:
In the spirit of giving back. I had my appointment on this week. This is how it went:
VO: why do u want to come to US
Where my HNWMC November/December Moms @?���
WOW, CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
DFmum:

Congratulations , I wish myself same this week. I pray I will post my script joyfully after my interview this week.
Success

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
Try sending again their mailbox probably got full over the holidays. Had the same issue but I sent mine again today and it didnt bounce back .

Jasmine08:
Hi guys.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Jasmine08:
Hi guys.

Call this number its a direct num nig immi service
08119753844. All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by phummy1821: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello house, I am so happy right now cos my Dropbox status just changed to issued.
First visa was in 2014 for vacation, I wasn't pregnant then. I used for it in March 2016, then renewed via Dropbox in 2016 and used it for birthing purpose.
I delivered in Maryland and got a total bill of $12,500+ for everything. Paid $7,500+ and was put on payment plan for the balance.
I followed the payment plan strictly and paid all within a year.
Decided to renew now although I am not pregnant but I intend travelling in December for holiday. At first my husband said we shouldn't use dropbox and just go for interview but I was able to convince him to lets make use of the dropbox then if they call us for interview we will go since I have all my receipts and itemized statement of bill with zero balance.
Application was submitted on the 30th of July.
Application received and case opened on 31st July. Then the waiting game started, thereafter the Abuja embassy was closed. I nearly died of anxiety. Status changed to Adminstrative processing on 21st August then to Issued today 23rd August.
I am just so happy I wasn't called for interview.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
pls who knows available appointment date for lagos embassy. My bro wants to apply for a visa to attend my cousin's wedding in December. Pls let me know so we can know if to bother with the paying for the application or not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2018
@bennyutin

Sorry we can not review or give feedback on businesses here because that is effectively advertising for that business.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2018
Annediniebimo20:

We picked up the passports

Hello..I had exactly same issue. Were you sent a mail in addition telling you specifically to schedule a follow up interview? Nothing was checked on my form which was in my passport and no mail either. My visa status reads administrative processing.. I called customer care to enquire and they asked me to scan my passprt page and the letter.

Please who knows what dates are available for the follow up category sef.. I dont know how to check for that.
I will appreciate quick responses from gurus here as my EDD is next month. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemmy2018: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2018
Hello Momo13,

Just log into your cgifederal profile and there would be an automatic pop up asking you to select an appointment date for your follow up interview. there, you would see available dates and would be able to select. What exactly was on the form given to you?

Momo13:

Hello..I had exactly same issue. Were you sent a mail in addition telling you specifically to schedule a follow up interview? Nothing was checked on my form which was in my passport and no mail either. My visa status reads administrative processing.. I called customer care to enquire and they asked me to scan my passprt page and the letter.

Please who knows what dates are available for the follow up category sef.. I dont know how to check for that.
I will appreciate quick responses from gurus here as my EDD is next month. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jacob2018: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Please kindly send me a copy of the spreadsheet @jobaji@aol.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2018
Kemmy2018:
Hello Momo13,

Just log into your cgifederal profile and there would be an automatic pop up asking you to select an appointment date for your follow up interview. there, you would see available dates and would be able to select. What exactly was on the form given to you?

Hello Kemmy.. Thanks for your response. I did log in but there wasn't a pop up.
Just the regular new application/ schedule appointment. Also on the form nothing was checked of the 3 boxes. Just date and my surname written in biro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemmy2018: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2018
That's quite unusual. I had a 221g follow up interview also after drop box but my form was ticked for scheduling of an interview. I guess you might need to wait for a response to your email or maybe call again to follow up.

Momo13:

Hello Kemmy.. Thanks for your response. I did log in but there wasn't a pop up.
Just the regular new application/ schedule appointment. Also on the form nothing was checked of the 3 boxes. Just date and my surname written in biro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nupsy08: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemmy2018: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
When is your interview? I advise you stay up all you can refreshing the appointment page severally, closer dates come up every now and then. Pay someone to watch it 24/7 if you are busy if needed. All the best!

Nupsy08:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the inputs, I've learnt so much from following the thread. I'll be 35 weeks at the time of my interview and I was wondering if I stand a good chance of being granted a visa. This is my first pregnancy and I plan to travel within a week if granted my visa. (Ps: I know the risks of travelling that late in pregnancy but unfortunately for me, I didn't realize that embassy wait times are that long sad )

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chanbaby:
pls who knows available appointment date for lagos embassy. My bro wants to apply for a visa to attend my cousin's wedding in December. Pls let me know so we can know if to bother with the paying for the application or not.
December 24th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Neni90: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Baby girl arrived on the 3rd of January 2018 at Houston Northwest Medical Center through vaginal delivery.
Breakdown of cost:
Dr Xydas: 2000
Hospital: 2000
Induction: 200*
Stress test: 200*
Epidural: 650*
Hospital peadiatrician: 675 (the normal fee is much higher, this is the The Healthy Baby Package rate)
Pathology: 97 (after discount)
Peadiatrician(after discharge): 75
Birth certificate: 75 (plus delivery charge)
Passport: 160 (expedited)
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

I got baby's birth certificate 18 days after birth, 22/1; it was delayed cos of the adverse weather. It's 23 per copy but I paid 75 because I ordered it online (http://houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/) and it was delivered to me next business day. To save time, I booked my appointment at the passport agency while waiting for the birth certificate. I booked two appointments actually, with different email addresses just in case [(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html)
(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/apply-in-person.html)]
When booking the appointment, it's important to indicate that you need the passport same day in order to obtain a visa. After I got the birth certificate, I went for the passport interview the next day, 23/1. My husband wasn't present for the interview, but he was around for the baby's birth so we notarised in the US. If your husband isn't coming to the US, it's best to notarise the document at the US embassy before travelling to the US, notarising at a Nigerian notary public is no longer accepted. I got the US passport same day and sent the email for visa on arrival that night, got approval on Thursday 25/1 (https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/) and travelled on Monday 29/1 via Lufthansa. I had called Lufthansa customer care a day earlier to book a bassinet seat.
I got to Lagos on the 30th, straight to visa on arrival office, presented the approval and other docs, filled a form, paid the fee and baby was stamped in for a month.

NB: Got the Social security number in less than 2 weeks

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread, God bless you all mightily!. To God be the glory!

Hi Adedoyin,

Thank you for sharing on this post..

Please I will need further guidance from you on the doctors email and phone no. I can't get through to them via their website.

Please can you accept my request to send an email for further enquiries?

I will appreciate your feedback. I will also like to know what the budget is like for accommodation, proximity to hospital and shopping centres around so as to save cost.

Warm Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Neni90: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
days

Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Baby girl arrived on the 3rd of January 2018 at Houston Northwest Medical Center through vaginal delivery.
Breakdown of cost:
Dr Xydas: 2000
Hospital: 2000
Induction: 200*
Stress test: 200*
Epidural: 650*
Hospital peadiatrician: 675 (the normal fee is much higher, this is the The Healthy Baby Package rate)
Pathology: 97 (after discount)
Peadiatrician(after discharge): 75
Birth certificate: 75 (plus delivery charge)
Passport: 160 (expedited)
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

I got baby's birth certificate 18 days after birth, 22/1; it was delayed cos of the adverse weather. It's 23 per copy but I paid 75 because I ordered it online (http://houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/) and it was delivered to me next business day. To save time, I booked my appointment at the passport agency while waiting for the birth certificate. I booked two appointments actually, with different email addresses just in case [(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html)
(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/apply-in-person.html)]
When booking the appointment, it's important to indicate that you need the passport same day in order to obtain a visa. After I got the birth certificate, I went for the passport interview the next day, 23/1. My husband wasn't present for the interview, but he was around for the baby's birth so we notarised in the US. If your husband isn't coming to the US, it's best to notarise the document at the US embassy before travelling to the US, notarising at a Nigerian notary public is no longer accepted. I got the US passport same day and sent the email for visa on arrival that night, got approval on Thursday 25/1 (https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/) and travelled on Monday 29/1 via Lufthansa. I had called Lufthansa customer care a day earlier to book a bassinet seat.
I got to Lagos on the 30th, straight to visa on arrival office, presented the approval and other docs, filled a form, paid the fee and baby was stamped in for a month.

NB: Got the Social security number in less than 2 weeks

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread, God bless you all mightily!. To God be the glory!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by malory84: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
I have available accommodation for anyone coming to Washington, DC to have their baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Byoung18: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hello Fyorgyn,
I have gone through your posts and also realised you used Dr. M, i am searching for accommodation around there, please can you inbox me or support me on what an average rent can be defined as cheap please.
I welcome your positive responses House.
Thank you.

Fyorgyn:

I stayed in Inglewood not too far from Dr M's office and it was relatively safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.