Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162380 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2018
I also heard the Chicago poe story. They said the lady was banned for 5 years too!!

zannie:
This is an example of an extreme sport.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lanrems: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Good day all, I need to know if it's advisable for a family that just had a baby in the United States to arrange for payment plan or try to make full payment, because of the unpredictability nature of the immigration rules this days.
Thank you all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by priscai(m): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
vikto1:
GOOD EVENING ALL,

PLEASE DO I NEED TO BOOK FOR APPOINTMENT AT LAGOS EMBASSY FOR DS-3053 TO BE NOTARIZED.

TOP URGENT PLEASE

Please which of the website can I book for this appointment. Please someone help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IyawoToBe(f): 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
lanrems:
Good day all, I need to know if it's advisable for a family that just had a baby in the United States to arrange for payment plan or try to make full payment, because of the unpredictability nature of the immigration rules this days.
Thank you all!
If you have the money at the moment, I'd advise you pay outrightly. If you arrange for payment plan, make sure you don't default. But i really don't know if an ongoing payment plan affect visa chances.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lanrems: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
priscai:

Please which of the website can I book for this appointment. Please someone help.
Yes, you have to make an appointment first, keep checking for both Lagos and abuja, was at abuja on monday for same.

Just type in notarial services in Nigeria, a page will come up for you to make appointment either in abuja or Lagos. I must advise here when u want to pick please pick notarial services and others not listed above.
Same error cost me ticket money to abuja, wish you luck!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by seyibukky: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
chibertha:
You have done everything well as far as I know. It was just not your lucky day.
is it advisable I 're apply with a medical bill showing higher amount,same location?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
Vlesparza:

Whether you are applying for Visa or entering the USA, its always best to prepay your medical fees since you are trying to eliminate any possible excuse the officer can have to prevent you from entering the United States.

Not entirely true. I have witnessed, first hand where such payments were rejected till after the procedure. It might have worked for some people but that's no premise to say it's the best option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
Mamaiyanu:

I also heard the Chicago poe story. They said the lady was banned for 5 years too!!

Please what happened?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Simplicity01: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
I have gone thru a lot of the post here but can't find my request. I will really appreciate if anyone can help. I am scheduled for my interview in October and this is my first application for US Visa. What documents do I need to take along for my interview? Here are few I have been able to gather from the posts;

Budget sheet
Doctors correspondence
Letter of invitation from Dr showing my first appointment date.
Letter from where I work
Bank statement
Work offer letter (Not sure this is needed but I need clarification)

I have paid my Dr's fee though so I have the receipt from him to show this.

I do not have any accommodation document to show them as I will be staying with a close friend family and no invitation letter.

Please do I need to include any other document to the listed above?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by seyibukky: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
please does hospital bills come on the letter head of the hospital?,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
The 3 key docs most people are asked are bank statement, budget sheet, and doctor/hospital correspondence.

From my little experience the most important thing is not your docs, it's the answers to the questions they ask you and your demeanour.

Don't rely on just your docs, rehearse your interview. Read interview transcripts here and prepare good answers for possible questions.

All the best!

Simplicity01:
I have gone thru a lot of the post here but can't find my request. I will really appreciate if anyone can help. I am scheduled for my interview in October and this is my first application for US Visa. What documents do I need to take along for my interview? Here are few I have been able to gather from the posts;

Budget sheet
Doctors correspondence
Letter of invitation from Dr showing my first appointment date.
Letter from where I work
Bank statement
Work offer letter (Not sure this is needed but I need clarification)

I have paid my Dr's fee though so I have the receipt from him to show this.

I do not have any accommodation document to show them as I will be staying with a close friend family and no invitation letter.

Please do I need to include any other document to the listed above?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaini: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
Please can I pm you? I've been trying to reach west Houston for pricing but haven't been able to.

priscai:

I am still in Houston and used West houston medical, there was a paper issued before payment showing the price to be paid for self pay like mine said 3,600 usd and as we make the payment indicated and I am sure that wont pose any issues, as our zero balance was recieved with no outstanding after all other payments doctors, epidural, pediatric, lab, and others were made. I can send u that paper if u want but wouldn't know how much u paid during your birthing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
overlord77:

Not entirely true. I have witnessed, first hand where such payments were rejected till after the procedure. It might have worked for some people but that's no premise to say it's the best option.

No, not always, but "yes" sometimes. You decide how much you are willing to roll the dice with the citizenship of your child that the officer will not ask for this.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iykmon: 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Also where you work or the business you do. How much you make(in flow in your account). The information you have written in your DS160 form. They want see that you can pay your bills and return home.

Mamaiyanu:

The 3 key docs most people are asked are bank statement, budget sheet, and doctor/hospital correspondence.

From my little experience the most important thing is not your docs, it's the answers to the questions they ask you and your demeanour.

Don't rely on just your docs, rehearse your interview. Read interview transcripts here and prepare good answers for possible questions.

All the best!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anfanio: 2:58am On Sep 21, 2018
lanrems:
Thank you all!

Whatever you do make full payment before your next visit/entry and keep your receipts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2018
IyawoToBe:
If you have the money at the moment, I'd advise you pay outrightly. If you arrange for payment plan, make sure you don't default. But i really don't know if an ongoing payment plan affect visa chances.

No I don't think being on a payment plan affects your visa renewal chances because I know two people that were on a payment plan and still got their visas renewed via dropbox
But again having said that, I think it totally depends on the particular Vo you meet during your interview if you are invited to come in for an interview after applying via drop box

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2018
www.channelstv.com/2018/09/20/fg-ends-payment-of-overstay-fees-by-nigerians-with-dual-citizenship/

FG Ends Payment Of Overstay Fees By Nigerians With Dual Citizenship
Channels Television
Updated September 20, 2018
FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays To Mark Eid-El-Fitr
File photo: Abdulrahman Dambazau

The Federal Government has directed the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), to immediately end the payment of fines by Nigerians holding dual citizenship at the nation’s international airports.

The Minister of Interior, Lt Gen. (Rtd) Abdulrahman Dambazau, made the announcement on Thursday in Abuja.

He said that the directives are in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to make movement easy for Nigerians with dual citizenship to come into their father-land unhindered.

According to him, “As a new government policy, on no account should any Nigerian traveller holding dual citizenship pay fine for so-called overstay”.

He said that it was a crime to ask or pay any money in that regard and stressed that under the new policy, “Citizens with dual nationality should only present both travelling documents of their countries of nationality to the immigration officials upon arrival and departure, regardless of whichever they are using to travel”.

Dambazau emphasized that the NIS should ensure immediate compliance with the new government directives as the government would sanction any Immigration official who is found collecting such fines henceforth.

He asked that Nigerians with dual citizenship should report any Immigration official who imposes such charges on them to the appropriate authorities.

MORE ON HEADLINES
11 hours ago
Police Recover Hidden FG Assets, 9,657 Illegal Arms,

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2018
Yes, but you must proof that you can pay what ever you will present .
seyibukky:

is it advisable I 're apply with a medical bill showing higher amount,same location?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by priscai(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2018
lanrems:

Yes, you have to make an appointment first, keep checking for both Lagos and abuja, was at abuja on monday for same.

Just type in notarial services in Nigeria, a page will come up for you to make appointment either in abuja or Lagos. I must advise here when u want to pick please pick notarial services and others not listed above.
Same error cost me ticket money to abuja, wish you luck!

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=chibertha post=71386186]Yes, but you must proof that you can pay what ever you will present .
[/quote

True
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
My country people wehdone oh. All NEW JERSEY PIPO MAKE UNA LISTEN WELL OH...esp if you used St Marys Hosp Passaic NJ. grin
If you go for visa renewal abeg I take God beg you...no bring out that long detailed bill they gave you. It contains breakdown of everything including syringe and medications. Some VOs might request but insist on your receipt and zero balance. Most VOs are not well informed and start asking unnecessary deep questions that may land you into hot Yoruba pepper soup!
The aproko details on that long thing might put you on a long thing as it did me. My visa application was put on hold for some verification. During this time I had some family stuffs and couldn't get back in time with the info. When I did, a few months had passed and I sent by email (meanwhile the US embassy doesn't open anything that contains an attachment). So the visa was rejected and I reapplied.

Same thing happened. I was put on hold and asked for me to go to St Marys and find out what the code NJ SELF PAY meant. Shuo!

If you look well on your bill you will see it.
Eventually I was granted a visa but some people were not so fortunate cos when I went back the second time I met a couple that was being interviewed and the questions and entire story sounded like mine! Phew! What an experience. Na vacation I jus wan go oh. Make I quick carry belle so this visa will be well worth it at the other side of 2yrs.

Una well done oh. TKM Jnr 2nd bday loading with a bang grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
On another serious note, plix who has traveled with an active toddler and did a long lay over successfully? I need tips before I commit to this ticket deal.
Or anyone with affordable ticket Abj to JFK from next month upwards plix help a sista. Thanks wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
I hail oooh.
Thanks for the information

TripleKMama:
My country people wehdone oh. All NEW JERSEY PIPO MAKE UNA LISTEN WELL OH...esp if you used St Marys Hosp Passaic NJ. grin
If you go for visa renewal abeg I take God beg you...no bring out that long detailed bill they gave you. It contains breakdown of everything including syringe and medications. Some VOs might request but insist on your receipt and zero balance. Most VOs are not well informed and start asking unnecessary deep questions that may land you into hot Yoruba pepper soup!
The aproko details on that long thing might put you on a long thing as it did me. My visa application was put on hold for some verification. During this time I had some family stuffs and couldn't get back in time with the info. When I did, a few months had passed and I sent by email (meanwhile the US embassy doesn't open anything that contains an attachment). So the visa was rejected and I reapplied.

Same thing happened. I was put on hold and asked for me to go to St Marys and find out what the code NJ SELF PAY meant. Shuo!

If you look well on your bill you will see it.
Eventually I was granted a visa but some people were not so fortunate cos when I went back the second time I met a couple that was being interviewed and the questions and entire story sounded like mine! Phew! What an experience. Na vacation I jus wan go oh. Make I quick carry belle so this visa will be well worth it at the other side of 2yrs.

Una well done oh. TKM Jnr 2nd bday loading with a bang grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tombeck: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Please omodadi2, on what condition did you applied for emergency for your nanny?

Thank you
Omodadi2:

You don't need your office introduction letter, from your case, you only need
1. Appointment letter from Doctors para ti
2. Your Nigeria doctors letter
3. Proof of funding (bank statement and/or payslip)
4. Budget sheet
If you are adding both bank statement and payslip, that makes it 5 documents in all. And there is space for 5 documents there.

Yes, you can re-apply if not approved. I did for my nanny twice, second was approved.

In the space for justification, try and explain yourself very well. Your main reason(s) for requesting for expedited appointment should be detailed including the immigration rules for pregnant mothers and planning time for travel.

Best of luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Seyeedat: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hello house, i need help with any Oakbend doctor's email also, HNWMC's. I need to contact them so I can get a correspondence from any of them. Help a sister please. my email is seyeedat@gmail.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
esthero9:
Please has anyone ever gotten an itemised bill from West Houston Medical Center? My visa was denied even though I had a zero balance. The VO couldn’t understand why such a huge discount of 20k was given even when I explained that it’s because I’m self pay. I have also emailed WHMC hopefully they can send an itemised bill so that I can reapply.
Chai. Just d same thing I posted few hrs ago. I thot it was only St Marys hosp NJ. U can reach me for more details. Maybe I can help with the responses I gave that might have worked in my favour. In all, na serious prayers oh. All d best dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
Adebuble:
Hello mamas n papas,

Good to see this trend is moving well...
Congrats to all the success stories and the not so successful ones, God will give u your success story on your next interview..

For the itemised bill, I think its only For West Houston Medical Center (I may b wrong) but I renewed my visa via drop box and I was given even two of my other friends that used HNWMC.

Also can we research more on hospitals and doctors so that certain doctors will not be overwhelmed.. The doctors most of us used are from researches..let us explore all that is available on-line..

Well done..God bless.

I believe it depends on whom the VO it is that interviewed one. I strongly believe some VOs aren't knowledgable enough to know these things. I was so annoyed that I actually told the VO that oh. In my mind I was like if una no gree give me make I kukuma dey for my father land or go Canada. It can be a frustrating experience. I thought it was only St Mary NJ but now Im surprised to see others have had similar experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gayl: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
Please what response did you give them? Maybe it will help me. Was your interview in lagos or abuja? My application was denied in lagos last week for a similar reason. The VO insisted that the 14000 discount on my zero balance statement was too much. That I wasn't entitled to more than 2000 discount even if I'm a cash patient. She said to contact the hospital. Unfortunately the hospital has only explained verbally but is not forth coming with sending me a letter to explain.

TripleKMama:

I believe it depends on whom the VO it is that interviewed one. I strongly believe some VOs aren't knowledgable enough to know these things. I was so annoyed that I actually told the VO that oh. In my mind I was like if una no gree give me make I kukuma dey for my father land or go Canada. It can be a frustrating experience. I thought it was only St Mary NJ but now Im surprised to see others have had similar experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
TripleKMama:

Chai. Just d same thing I posted few hrs ago. I thot it was only St Marys hosp NJ. U can reach me for more details. Maybe I can help with the responses I gave that might have worked in my favour. In all, na serious prayers oh. All d best dear.

I just requested to send an email. Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jennymee(f): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2018
Good morning, I have been fervent follower of the group. Had my baby at WHMC in 2015, paid all my bills, got the zero balance letter. Fast forward to 2018, when we decided to renew our visa, interview was scheduled and the VO asked for an itemized bill and I was shocked because I thought I had all my documents, she asked if I would get an itemized bill from the hospital and I said yes, because I had paid all my bills and I was not told of any discount at the point of payment I paid 3000 dollars before delivery as a self paid patient and I VD. Called the hospital and I was transferred to the billing section, I was told the statement would be sent within 7 days of request, the bill was sent as indicated and I am seeing a bill of over 12000 dollars and with no payment on it. Pls what do I do, I am completely confused. Apologies for the long post. Mummies in the house please help a sister with the way forward.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernatural198: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2018
Good morning ma,I don't know if am doing this the right way but I have been trying to my question across for days, I joined this forum few weeks back and I have been reading, am grateful for all the useful information here,but still I am a newcomer and this is my first attempt. I am 8 weeks gone and want to start my process too,pls I need info on hospitals around atlanta or california...to begin with, also am planning to apply with my husband. I will be glad if I can I get recent information. Thanks[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: MaryAndrews and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.