Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162745 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2018
Madriel:
Thank you all so much for your responses. I do appreciate and will make a decision based on all I've read.

Good evening, just like Ruthina000 tried to point out there is really nothing bad in trying birth center. They try to simulate a normal home environment and all, and people have successfully used them for birthing. They also have experienced midwives, ultrasound scanning machines and other tools for ante natal purposes. The downside is that they are not as sophisticated and equipped as a hospital. Which means in case of any complications during birthing, you will have to be rushed to the nearest hospital which they usually have agreements with. Talking from experience actually, used the center in 2013. And they are not all that cheap either. Paid $4100 in 2013 and that amount could have easily been used at WHMC. It's all about options weighing. Another downside is refusal because of birth center. So Madriel please weigh your options well before making decision.
I apologize to Ruthina000 on behalf of Sparkle. Let's not castigate one another for giving one's opinion please. No one knows it all. And people learn from the diverse opinions and suggestions. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
Vgil100:
Congrats sis.We will all have favour also in Jesus name.
Please was it a B1/B2 visa or B2.I hear you must do a change of Intent for B1/B2?

I did the b2 medical Visa and I went for interview. I initially did dropbox but I was called for follow up interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2018
KennyMKO:

Talking from experience actually, used the center in 2013. And they are not all that cheap either. Paid $4100 in 2013 and that amount could have easily been used at WHMC. It's all about options weighing. Another downside is refusal because of birth center. So Madriel please weigh your options well before making decision.

I apologize to Ruthina000 on behalf of Sparkle. Let's not castigate one another for giving one's opinion please. No one knows it all. And people learn from the diverse opinions and suggestions. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

aaawwww aren't you a darling!!! Bless you ma'am.

Blessed are the peacemakers...they will be called sons (daughters) of God.

kiss

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 10, 2018
overlord77:

Well, you might be right but there is a difference between experience and assumptions. What I was trying to say is, when something happens (e.g visa or border entry refusal) most people just assume the reason stuff happened and not the actual. It's these assumptions am trying to kick against ma'am.

It's all good...thanks sir
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Veeii1: 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]

Hello all.

Who has travelled with 1 month for the us visa to expire to give birth and stayed for about 4 months?

I intend doing this.

Advice pls

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Veeii1:
[color=#770077][/color]

Hello all.

Who has travelled with 1 month for the us visa to expire to give birth and stayed for about 4 months?

I intend doing this.

Advice pls

No biggie, what matters is the duration the cbp officer stamps you in for, this would ditermine how long you'll stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
Happy Sunday
For mama that gave birth in hospitals tht didn’t give itemized bill how did u explain that at ur follow up interview.
Enjoy ur day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by asake85(f): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
ninab:
Happy Sunday
For mama that gave birth in hospitals tht didn’t give itemized bill how did u explain that at ur follow up interview.
Enjoy ur day

Please try and get it oh.... had my follow up interview Yday... will share my transcript soon

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iamajoyfulmothe: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hello everyone.

Please who has successfully rescheduled 221g follow up interview to a closer date. Available date is May 2019.

I have tried to call the embassy to help reschedule but they werent helpful.

Would appreciate any help asap
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
[quote author=Iamajoyfulmothe post=72880531]Hello everyone.

Please who has successfully rescheduled 221g follow up interview to a closer date. Available date is May 2019

Hmmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Which of the sparkle abeg cheesy
KennyMKO:

Good evening, just like Ruthina000 tried to point out there is really nothing bad in trying birth center. They try to simulate a normal home environment and all, and people have successfully used them for birthing. They also have experienced midwives, ultrasound scanning machines and other tools for ante natal purposes. The downside is that they are not as sophisticated and equipped as a hospital. Which means in case of any complications during birthing, you will have to be rushed to the nearest hospital which they usually have agreements with. Talking from experience actually, used the center in 2013. And they are not all that cheap either. Paid $4100 in 2013 and that amount could have easily been used at WHMC. It's all about options weighing. Another downside is refusal because of birth center. So Madriel please weigh your options well before making decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
Veeii1:
[color=#770077][/color]

Hello all.

I intend doing this.

Advice pls

Hmmm...very risky.

Did you get the visa for the purpose of giving birth?

If not just hope you don't come in contact with a CBP officer that will stamp you in for just the month left on your visa...and yes it has happened.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Susom(f): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Dear all,

I appreciate the effort you guys put into sharing your experience on here, it has made he journey easier for a lot of us.

I am a FTM, looking to travel to Houston in Jan/Feb 2019 as I am due in March 2019. Apologies I do not have any transcript to share as I have a valid BI/B2 which i intend on using for the forthcoming journey.

From the trend I understand that Houston Methodist has recently reviewed their prices, please i will appreciate it if anyone has used them in the past year and willing to give a review (if allowed) and also share the new estimate of price.

Second, I see a lot of people talk about Dr. F and Dr. E, any other recommendation? Also, is it just the doctor I will contact or the hospital as well ( Have been unable to get clarifications from previous discussions)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutie333: 11:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Good morning house,
please I will be travelling to Atl in a week's time at 35 weeks 4days.
I need advice from the house.
is it ok for me to book wheelchair services or will it create unnecessarry attention at POE and on transit at frankfurt.

The reason I want to opt for the wheel chair service is that for the past 2 weeks I have been having severe pelvic pain especially when standing to walk from one place to another after sitting or lying down. It can be so painful that I might find it difficult to even move my legs for about a minute or so.

Please anyone with this experience that have also travelled should kindly share. I will appreciate your advice too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2018
I just opened the hospital website all you asked is just in front of you. There is even a phone number for international patients same for all hospitals websites there is usually a place to look for dr so go back to the site and search for it to get what you want.

Susom:
Dear all,

I appreciate the effort you guys put into sharing your experience on here, it has made he journey easier for a lot of us.

I am a FTM, looking to travel to Houston in Jan/Feb 2019 as I am due in March 2019. Apologies I do not have any transcript to share as I have a valid BI/B2 which i intend on using for the forthcoming journey.

From the trend I understand that Houston Methodist has recently reviewed their prices, please i will appreciate it if anyone has used them in the past year and willing to give a review (if allowed) and also share the new estimate of price.

Second, I see a lot of people talk about Dr. F and Dr. E, any other recommendation? Also, is it just the doctor I will contact or the hospital as well ( Have been unable to get clarifications from previous discussions)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
The reason I want to opt for the wheel chair service is that for the past 2 weeks I have been having severe pelvic pain especially when standing to walk from one place to another after sitting or lying down. It can be so painful that I might find it difficult to even move my legs for about a minute or so.

Wheel chair would draw attention to u if u can’t manage then use it
Don’t know the advice exactly u need on this as it’s u that know how it hurts
No one would ask you not to use at the airport
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
cutie333:
Good morning house,
is it ok for me to book wheelchair services or will it create unnecessarry attention at POE and on transit at frankfurt.

Please anyone with this experience that have also travelled should kindly share. I will appreciate your advice too

Like everyone else who uses a wheel chair will call people attention to it .

Either way, your safety and comfort should be your priority first and you need not to worry about getting other people attention on you.

Since Frankfurt is your layover...hmmm, the airport is very massive in size.

It is very possible that the gate you'll be landing at before you get to the gate for your next connecting flight is will be very, very far.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ameera2018(f): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Good day everyone, please does anyone know a reliable shipper in Maryland apart from Midas? Please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iamajoyfulmothe: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
cutie333:
Good morning house,

Please please book a wheelchair. You are still going to declare your intention to give birth (I hope). I say this because I have been having a bit of pelvic pain as well and yours sounds worse. Your comfort and health should be number one priority. Frankfurt airport is hugeeee. Wait time at POE can be Long.

All the best and I pray the pain gets better.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Jibbie2015: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hey mama! What about those that have just a letter of non-indebtedness from the hospital... In addition to the zero balance bill. Will that suffice? Because I wasn't given an itemised bill myself.

Waiting to read how yours went. Can others that have attended interviews recently also please share their transcripts... I will be attending in a few weeks.

asake85:

Please try and get it oh.... had my follow up interview Yday... will share my transcript soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gilgil: 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
cutie333:
Good morning house,

Your health should be First priority and so I suggest you use a wheelchair.
You would draw attention obviously but that's normal.

We ordered a wheel chair for Air France from Abuja airport at 33 weeks even though we didnt have the pain you complain about.

Tried to get boarding pass online but they only checked us in and said to present the check-in document at the counter. At counter air france ticketer (Naija)asked why we ordered wheel chair and we told him it was for convenience should there be a long queue on transit stops. He asked for doctors approval to fly doc and we showed him. We were.asked to go to port bealth and it was a checked ok and we moved on.

After that, from Abuja to US, nobody even worried about us. Naija didn't even provide wheel chair. It was when we landed ATL that wheel chair was ready for us. That wheel chair was why we didn't miss our connecting flight that day as it seemed the whole world landed at ATL at the same time and we were given prioroty.

Don't know.about your case but you need to live first before any other aspiration.

All the best as you decide

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Annediniebimo20: 6:14am On Nov 13, 2018
Iamajoyfulmothe:
Hello everyone.

Please who has successfully rescheduled 221g follow up interview to a closer date. Available date is May 2019.

I have tried to call the embassy to help reschedule but they werent helpful.

Would appreciate any help asap

Hello I had a date for July 7th but had to reschedule because my husband's passport was at the British Embassy and the only available date was March 5th. About 2 weeks ago we got an email rescheduling our appointment for Dec1 on a Saturday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2018
Jibbie2015:
Hey mama! What about those that have just a letter of non-indebtedness from the hospital... In addition to the zero balance bill. Will that suffice? Because I wasn't given an itemised bill myself.

Waiting to read how yours went. Can others that have attended interviews recently also please share their transcripts... I will be attending in a few weeks.

So no more successful transcript anyone
Please let’s share and encourage people
Also if u renewed recently and was not called share so people like us waiting wud have faith

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2018
Annediniebimo20:

Hello I had a date for July 7th but had to reschedule because my husband's passport was at the British Embassy and the only available date was March 5th. About 2 weeks ago we got an email rescheduling our appointment for Dec1 on a Saturday
Yes just like they rescheduled for novermber 10 a Saturday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heymama: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2018
Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning

VO: Why are you going to the USA.
ME:To have my baby
VO: where in the USA are you going to
ME:California(Los Angels)
VO: How much is the cost
ME:Hospital is 3,000 doctor's fee is 1,200(I have a budget sheet detailing the cost- I brought it out to show but she said never mind). The total budget is a little above 10,000 though.
VO: Do you have family there
ME:No
VO: Why California
ME: That is where my doctor and hospital i have chosen to use is.
VO: How long do you intend to stay
ME: 8 weeks
VO: Where do you work
ME:*******(I brought out my letter from the bank, payslip; intended to pass it but she said never mind)
VO: How long have you been working
ME: 5 yrs
VO: Are you married
ME: Yes
VO: What does your husband do
ME: He is a business man; explains briefly the type of business
She didn't ask for any other document, no doctors correspondence then she said, sorry I won't be granting your VISA.......
Gave me the green paper. I had already seen her hands going to collect the paper so i didn't really hear all the grammar.
Please advise me; did I say anything wrong, and do you think I should reapply, with my husband and daughter this time?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iamajoyfulmothe: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2018
heymama:
Me: Good Morning

ME:Hospital is 3,000 doctor's fee is 1,200(I have a budget sheet detailing the cost- I brought it out to show but she said never mind). The total budget is a little above 10,000 though.
VO: Do you have family there
ME:No
VO: Why California
ME: That is where my doctor and hospital i have chosen to use is.
VO: How long do you intend to stay
ME: 8 weeks
VO: Where do you work
ME:*******(I brought out my letter from the bank, payslip; intended to pass it but she said never mind)
VO: How long have you been working
ME: 5 yrs
VO: Are you married
ME: Yes
VO: What does your husband do
ME: He is a business man; explains briefly the type of business
She didn't ask for any other document, no doctors correspondence then she said, sorry I won't be granting your VISA.......
Gave me the green paper. I had already seen her hands going to collect the paper so i didn't really hear all the grammar.
Please advise me; did I say anything wrong, and do you think I should reapply, with my husband and daughter this time?

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Have you visited the US previously?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutie333: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gilgil:

Thanks, @ ninab, beautyyaddy, jamajoyfulmother and gilgil for taking time to advice.

I will definitely declare childbirth at POE.

Its just that KLM does not request for fit to fly and i dont plan to provide one since its on their website and i have also done my research from this forum.

Its just that the wheelchair my make them start asking questions but based on all the advice i have gotten here, I will use the wheel chair and convince them at the airport that am fit to fly.

Thanks everyone.

I pray POE will be breezee.

Your health should be First priority and so I suggest you use a wheelchair.
You would draw attention obviously but that's normal.

We ordered a wheel chair for Air France from Abuja airport at 33 weeks even though we didnt have the pain you complain about.

Tried to get boarding pass online but they only checked us in and said to present the check-in document at the counter. At counter air france ticketer (Naija)asked why we ordered wheel chair and we told him it was for convenience should there be a long queue on transit stops. He asked for doctors approval to fly doc and we showed him. We were.asked to go to port bealth and it was a checked ok and we moved on.

After that, from Abuja to US, nobody even worried about us. Naija didn't even provide wheel chair. It was when we landed ATL that wheel chair was ready for us. That wheel chair was why we didn't miss our connecting flight that day as it seemed the whole world landed at ATL at the same time and we were given prioroty.

Don't know.about your case but you need to live first before any other aspiration.

All the best as you decide

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
[quote author=heymama post=72926787]Me: Good Morning

ME:Hospital is 3,000 doctor's fee is 1,200(I have a budget sheet detailing the cost- I brought it out to show but she said never mind). The total budget is a little above 10,000 though./quote]

Is 4200 not too low ?
A lot of people here have mentioned the vo complain about their low bills
He might not have mentioned but tht could have been a reason just my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Goodday everyone.... Thanks for all the updates on travel documents, POE experiences, interviews etc.....

However, I was told that the DS-160 barcode number in our profile must match with the barcode number on our DS-160 documents.

Please, my question here is, how do I get to my profile to know if it matches with my DS-160 document..... ?

Please, kindly enlighten me, a link to the profile will also be helpful. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drakeli: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
KennyMKO:

You are very right for that. Things have changed since 2013. In today’s Trump America, using birth center is a recipe for “autopilot “ visa denial. Just my opinion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heymama: 3:57pm On Nov 13, 2018
Iamajoyfulmothe:

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Have you visited the US previously?

No

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.