Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165255 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 3:23am On Apr 16, 2019
aamey15:
Hello house please can anyone help with this. Thank you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Illinois
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumnadine: 5:24am On Apr 16, 2019
If u write ,there is every possibility the will call her for interview
Japsylee:
I am so happy and elated for you. Please house I have a different problem. We were issued a U.S visa sometime March last year and I have visited twice while my wife was yet to use her own. She was asked wether she was pregnant last year and she said no she was not. She is now pregnant and wants to give birth in the U.s.
I am in a fix as regarding if we should write to the embassy to inform them of our plab or just travel cos we have bought our ticket already?
Please help a brother

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Japsylee:
I am so happy and elated for you. Please house I have a different problem. We were issued a U.S visa sometime March last year and I have visited twice while my wife was yet to use her own. She was asked wether she was pregnant last year and she said no she was not. She is now pregnant and wants to give birth in the U.s.
I am in a fix as regarding if we should write to the embassy to inform them of our plab or just travel cos we have bought our ticket already?
Please help a brother

Thats where you would have solved all the current dilemma. "She is not pregnant now but we would like to have have baby in the US when she is pregnant in future." The V.O asked you to avoid the current problem. The POE is not smiling now. Am not discouraging you but not having a B2 for birthing might be huddle. Let them know now. If you are invited, go with your proofs.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 6:01am On Apr 16, 2019
Hello,

Please can anyone help with immigration phone number, i’m trying to get Approval letter for my LO’s visa on arrival. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:38am On Apr 16, 2019
Tamad101:
Please someone should help with this.

You can always cancel an already scheduled appointment but am not saying you book multiple times and cancel cos you might be denying someone that date and time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2019
ibukunpops:
Well for me, I checked in her car seat with the carton, underneath it i put alot of stuffs that where heavy but with small

Then i requested for wheel chair, so i could drag along two hand luggages because i carried her with baby carrier on the wheel chair, and they took one bag off me at the boarding gate to check it in.

Only you madam, all these commando moves, where was oga n'to ri Olurun. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jenyjay: 9:01am On Apr 16, 2019
Good morning House,

Please how do i re-schedule an appointment for a minor who was not allowed in for the VISA interview due to bar code issues.

Please help with info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 16, 2019
Gingerzinger:

The AfricanAmerican lady VO would reject about 10 people before the other VO's would complete one interview. Anyways, I do not remember much, but this is our transcript (not 100% verbatim fyi).

Congratulations.
Just quoting to say, even African Americans do not like African Immigrants. So it’s not surprising that she denies more people than the other ones. If you go to lipstick alley you will see how much hatred they have for Africans that emigrate to the US. Especially Africans who go to school and stay back to work because according to them those ones are the people stealing their jobs and leaving them in poverty. Nigerians need to read the writing on the wall, forget wakanda or black panther.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Japsylee: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2019
folmus:

Thats where you would have solved all the current dilemma. "She is not pregnant now but we would like to have have baby in the US when she is pregnant in future." The V.O asked you to avoid the current problem. The POE is not smiling now. Am not discouraging you but not having a B2 for birthing might be huddle. Let them know now. If you are invited, go with your proofs.

Thank you for your response. Please what documents should she go with if we are called after writing to inform them.
Also I was thinking of just going through Houston poe and having at least 20k dollars between me and my wife and also having a card with money as well plus a letter from a hospital and also pay ments of maybe 2k advance to the doctor and a letter from the hospital expecting me?
Also what's the worst case scenario?
Please advice? Thanks A lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
jenyjay:
Good morning House,

Please how do i re-schedule an appointment for a minor who was not allowed in for the VISA interview due to bar code issues.

Please help with info.

I believe it should be the same way you're trying to re-schedule the appointment for an adult like yourself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
BOmum:
So Houston North West Medicals no longer give itemized bills

Yes and some hospitals have now decided not to give itemized bill to fraustrate you very well am yet to read a transcript that itemized bill was not requested!!!!!phewwwww

Please those of you in huston and virginia should tell the drs the problems these hospitals are causing dont think its not ur business o cos 2 years down the line u will be needing a renewal.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hello house, please for those that received their visa on arrival approval. Is it usually address to a company as the applicant or the name of the mother/child.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Titok207: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
@drafrican, thanks a lot for your help and advice... your advice saved me at point of entry. Mothers in Virginia if possible kindly don’t accept the self pay price. The immigration officer specifically told me if I had said I was going to use henricos doctors hospital, he was going to send me back to Nigeria because they use insurance.
Thanks once again @drafrican.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
Titok207:
@drafrican, thanks a lot for your help and advice... your advice saved me at point of entry. Mothers in Virginia if possible kindly don’t accept the self pay price. The immigration officer specifically told me if I had said I was going to use henricos doctors hospital, he was going to send me back to Nigeria because they use insurance.
Thanks once again @drafrican.

Can you elaborate more on this for the sake of others?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Titok207: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Apparently, I had the initial quote from henrico doctors hospital and had all my prenatal test done there. I then read drafricana’s post about henrico and visa renewal. At the POE, I was sent to secondary inspection. The IO that attended to me asked what hospital I wanted to use, gave him the henrico doctors hospital result and all. He then ask if that is the main hospital I wanted to use, I then mentioned to him I had changed my mind and showed him Dr Moore’s letter and all that I am aware of the insurance more reason I had to change my hospital. He replied saying; if you had told me you wanted to use this hospital, I would have send you back to Nigeria because they claim self pay whereas they use insurance and taxpayers money.
So, Mothers if possible kindly avoid hospitals with self pay price or rediculous bills. He accepted the Maryland own and stamped me in. I then asked if I wouldn’t have issue with the hospital, he said provided I pay all my bills.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
Titok207:
Apparently, I had the initial quote from henrico doctors hospital and had all my prenatal test done there. I then read drafricana’s post about henrico and visa renewal. At the POE, I was sent to secondary inspection. The IO that attended to me asked what hospital I wanted to use, gave him the henrico doctors hospital result and all. He then ask if that is the main hospital I wanted to use, I then mentioned to him I had changed my mind and showed him Dr Moore’s letter and all that I am aware of the insurance more reason I had to change my hospital. He replied saying; if you had told me you wanted to use this hospital, I would have send you back to Nigeria because they claim self pay whereas they use insurance and taxpayers money.
So, Mothers if possible kindly avoid hospitals with self pay price or rediculous bills. He accepted the Maryland own and stamped me in. I then asked if I wouldn’t have issue with the hospital, he said provided I pay all my bills.

Huh...this is serious.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
It depends on who applied for you
chikos:
Hello house, please for those that received their visa on arrival approval. Is it usually address to a company as the applicant or the name of the mother/child.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Titok207:

Thanks for the details. Safe delivery!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Patiencemom: 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
Titok207:

How much was your bill for the hospital in Maryland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hi, please i sent you a PM.Kindly check your email thank you

PeculiarBalo:
Good day mama's & papa's,

Dis forum av been of help to me, been a reader since 2017. I promised myself to give feedback, am sorry I am just fulfilling it.

In d spirit of giving back here is my Visa story, POE story and return story.

LAGOS US Embassy:: B2 [October 2018]

I did my research and mailed the hospital that I want to use, got my detailed bill from account officer, corresponding and appointment date after scheduling a B2 visa interview ...Am a first time mum.

VO: why do you want to travel
Me: to have my baby
VO: you work at *****
ME: ***** as a ******
VO: you choose Illinois cos your av relatives there?
Me: yes
VO: av u travelled out of the country before
ME: no, I av not
VO: do you have a Dr there?
Me: yes, Brot out my correspondence and gave her
VO: how much is the dr fee?
ME: told her the dr and hospital fee, and brot out by budget to give her
VO: av u made any payments
Me: no, financial officer said when I come, I can pay
VO: your husband works at ***** and for how long
ME: at ****** for 4 years, although I was wrong....
VO: do u av ur statement of account here?
ME: yes, brot out investment account letter to the embassy from d bank of about 6.5m, apparently she didn't understand, she kept looking and asked if I av another one, I gave her DH payslip from January to September .
VO: okay, bring all the documents that you have,
VO: when do u intend to travel again
ME: as soon as I get my visa, cos my dr appointment is in two weeks time.
VO: gave me a 221g form and told me, they need to verify something, I will be informed of my visa if approved or not. Passport and all documents was withheld by VO.

Got home and did my research, checked my status on the Embassy site, it indicated "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" I tot that's the end, cos they wrote minimum period for that is about 3 months and am 28th weeks already.

6 days later, I got a message to pick up my passport and my documents, lo and behold it was approved...
I learnt in this thread to be truthful as much as possible, and it helped cos the embassy did thier investigations and approved the visa... God helped me.

Missionary journey from Lagos to Chicago ORD...

I have read alot about Chicago ORD been a nightmare. I was warned not to go tru that airport, but I summoned courage to go tru there. Cos Its d closest to my destination.

POE

I flew lufthansa Airline @ 30wks 3days on 21st october only went with fit to fly from my doctor..check in my bags & we took off 10:45pm 9ja landed in Frankfurt and joined United airline to Chicago immediately. Landed in ORD joind d queue & was long waited till it got to my turn.

CBP: hello and ur Passport pls
Me: hi and handed over my passport.
CBP: why ar u here
Me: childbirth
CBP: startled, really?
Me: yes, note:::am on the small side, so I wasnt really showing
CBP: is dis ur first child and how many weeks
Me: Yes, 30 weeks
CBP: baby boy or girl
Me: baby boy
CBP: wow, what hospital?
Me: I mentioned the hospital
CBP: is that the west side of Chicago
ME: I dont know, not familiar with the map
CBP: took me to sec & told me to sit
Me: So I waited about 20mins & I was called
CBP2: wat ar u here for or wat do u think u are doing?
Me: I kept staring at her, said child birth & I notice d CBP was looking straight to my eyes directly so I did d same with a not bothered face
CBP: you think you can just walk into USA and do wat u like, you ar going back to Nigeria
Me: I was just staring at her
CBP: dont give me that innocent look, like u dont understand, I said u ar going to nigeria, where is ur return ticket
Me: said okay, no problem, acting not bothered
CBP2 called CBP3 to search my fone and hand bag,
Me: gave d fones to her and my password,
CBP2: how much do u av wt you
Me: bleep***** and I av a dollar account wt more money
CBP3: she has a B2 visa, did u see any criminal record on her? asking CBP2, and gave me back the fones
CBP2: went in wt my passport and never returned
CBP3: came back immediately wt my passport stamped and smiling, that I should not worry, am fine, ensure you keep all your receipts, in case of next trip.
CBP1: congrats,,, u got a Trump baby right der.
Me: I managed to nod back in response

CBP agric: madam you look stressed, checked my bags and passed me. I ad all sorts in that bag, but I was not disturbed.
I came out and tears of victory ran down my cheeks, while I await my brother to pick me.

Return trip
Delivered baby boy jan 2019
DH went to Lagos embassy to sign form for baby passport and sent it tru DHL, I went to Chicago passport office and got d baby passport same day(expidited)
Note: I did visa on arrival for baby, cos I couldn't wait for d time to send passport to newyork (paid180$ in lagos on arrival)
Returned wt United airline, has bassinet, and very nice set of people. My mum was der to help throughout and the trip. Baby was 4weeks old when we returned

All glory goes to God almighty & to all does who av contribute one way or d other... God bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrskay2017: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please i had my two kids in HNWMC and i want to renew, please who can i call to get this letter,

I hope you don't misunderstand, we see local uninsured patients and offer the same rate. Let me rephrase, the price offered to international patients is the price originally offered to the uninsured and is in fact how the price became about. It would be wrong to discriminate on this variable if all else is the same and if there is no reason to charge more. Letter explains specifically on this matter:

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrskay2017: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please ,I had my two kids in this hospital, and I want to refuse, and I think this letter will be useful to my renewal, please who can I call to get the letter, thank you
Vlesparza:

I hope you don't misunderstand, we see local uninsured patients and offer the same rate. Let me rephrase, the price offered to international patients is the price originally offered to the uninsured and is in fact how the price became about. It would be wrong to discriminate on this variable if all else is the same and if there is no reason to charge more. Letter explains specifically on this matter:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by fehinebony(f): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Saw this on @usembassyAbuja(Twitter)...Tomorrow at 2:00PM WAT, Embassy Consular officers will be on Facebook to address your visa questions and demonstrate how to complete the DS 160 form. Join us! ow.ly/uYc050pZWwE

Apparently, a lot of people have been venting on their Twitter handle about the high rate of visa refusals lately and the consulate is saying its because our Ds160 forms aren’t filled correctly... lol

On another note, I used henrico for the delivery of my second child(2016) and I got the itemized bill on request... the discount on the bill is about $16k.

Please stay away from henrico as Advised by others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 2:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Mrskay2017:
Please ,I had my two kids in this hospital, and I want to refuse, and I think this letter will be useful to my renewal, please who can I call to get the letter, thank you

If you remember where you had your babies, contact them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Japsylee:

Thank you for your response. Please what documents should she go with if we are called after writing to inform them.
Also I was thinking of just going through Houston poe and having at least 20k dollars between me and my wife and also having a card with money as well plus a letter from a hospital and also pay ments of maybe 2k advance to the doctor and a letter from the hospital expecting me?

Go with every documents that explain your intention to give birth and you can afford the medical expenses. Paying in advance does not give any assurance if you didn't declare intention of birthing when the visa was issued. You might be lucky but POEs aren't smiling. To avoid trauma for a pregnant woman, please do the needy. Read some pages for what others took with them.

Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrskay2017: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2019
Sometimes you really don't have to answer, i'm not your problem, i wasn't asking you, sometimes tgat hospital will give you the merry go round, and other times, you need to call a particular person to attend to you, so please pack well and face your issue here

folmus:

If you remember where you had your babies, contact them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2019
Oga was preparing for our arrival ni lol

It was real commando moves i must say and baby was just 20 days old o.

overlord77:

Only you madam, all these commando moves, where was oga n'to ri Olurun. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 7:52am On Apr 17, 2019
I requested for wheel chair before i got to the airport.

I got bassinet but note that bassinet is a first come first serve basis, I also requested for bassinet ahead, infact chose my seat to be the first line but if you dont arrive at the boarding gate early, they might give someone else and there is limited bassinets per aircraft, thats for Delta airline by the way, with Emirates you can request ahead and it will be confirmed immediately, other airlines have different rules for bassinet, some dont even have bassinets at all.

Safe trip

chikos:

Where did u request for the wheelchair at the airport or before you got to the airport? Were you give bassinet,?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 7:54am On Apr 17, 2019
Well i feel you should get hospital with a very high quote and have bank statements to back up the funds, and they might put you on administrative processing to verify your claims, so please ensure it is all defendable documents you take along.

Best of luck

Japsylee:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 7:54am On Apr 17, 2019
Mrskay2017:
Sometimes you really don't have to answer, i'm not your problem, i wasn't asking you, sometimes tgat hospital will give you the merry go round, and other times, you need to call a particular person to attend to you, so please pack well and face your issue here

I only offer a solution as you continue to spam the thread. Sorry o. No vex.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.