Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164713 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ahmadrc: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
hello house
did anyone here have short term visa like 3 months as that is what happened today with my wife
we went to renew our visa and VO checked everything and our previous payment and she said after all regular question and regular answer now we will give you short term visa for 3 months starting form proposed traveling date coming September
need advice please (my wife not pregnant now - previous visa for her 2 years for me 5 years )
thanks to you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ahmadrc:
hello house
did anyone here have short term visa like 3 months as that is what happened today with my wife
we went to renew our visa and VO checked everything and our previous payment and she said after all regular question and regular answer now we will give you short term visa for 3 months starting form proposed traveling date coming September
need advice please (my wife not pregnant now - previous visa for her 2 years for me 5 years )
thanks to you all
Previous visa for you 5years, please are u in Nigeria plus post your transcript

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ahmadrc: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Greatg0809:

Previous visa for you 5years, please are u in Nigeria plus post your transcript
i post my POE experience already direct after arrival on the spirit of giving back (but i am searching now it is not there may be deleted or i cannot find it )
previous for my wife 2 years not 5 , for me is 5 and i am not in Nigeria (this is global thread grin)but this is not my question , my question about the short term visa for only 3 months is this normal ? and if you are in my shoes what you will do ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ahmadrc:

i post my POE experience already direct after arrival on the spirit of giving back (but i am searching now it is not there may be deleted or i cannot find it )
previous for my wife 2 years not 5 , for me is 5 and i am not in Nigeria (this is global thread grin)but this is not my question , my question about the short term visa for only 3 months is this normal ? and if you are in my shoes what you will do ?
Sorry only asked if you are in Nigeria just to know if your wife did her interview in Nigeria,maybe u should just travel and come back within the 3 months finish

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ahmadrc:
hello house
thanks to you all

I have seen it before. Yes! Possible. Since the 3 months start from the proposed date. No cause to panic!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by DrStrangelove: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Not really required but u can take it along.

mumnadine:
Please am I suppose to go with my baby’s blue passport for my 221g interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by meelife: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
Its not good to present this for intervew with the current trends, as they have offered you huge discounts of 75% and 65% if you pay at once of in 5 installments.The issue with visa officers is they dont want to see anything like discount on any bill.
Babanmutum:
Hello everyone, I got hospital estimate from Northside Hospital, Atlanta. See bill attached. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if this is good to present at the interview. Though I'm yet to get correspondence from a doctor. Most of them say they don't send email. Only verbal confirmation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Madriel: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello all.

Please how much exactly is VISA on arrival?
Is it better to pay online or pay on arrival.

Kindly help with your feedback.
Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hi Nersh, please i sent you a PM kindly respond thank you

[quote author=Nersh post=77636556][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by meelife: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please who has details of an affordable hospital in Atlanta.Hospital name and price for normal and C-section?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graciousbee: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello dear fam,

Please I want to make an enquiry about BA. If you have 2 stop overs before your final destination, at what point do you get your luggages. Like travelling to Atlanta, and the port of entry is Dallas. Will baggages be released to passengers at Dallas or at the final destination which is Atlanta.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Graciousbee:
Hello dear fam,

Please I want to make an enquiry about BA. If you have 2 stop overs before your final destination, at what point do you get your luggages. Like travelling to Atlanta, and the port of entry is Dallas. Will baggages be released to passengers at Dallas or at the final destination which is Atlanta.

Thank you.

Your first Port of Entry in the US, Dallas in this case.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
I did not bother myself wt itemized bill cos d financial counselor said it’s been long and the VO did not ask me cos I was equally ready to tell him so
drafrican:

Yes and some hospitals have now decided not to give itemized bill to fraustrate you very well am yet to read a transcript that itemized bill was not requested!!!!!phewwwww

Please those of you in huston and virginia should tell the drs the problems these hospitals are causing dont think its not ur business o cos 2 years down the line u will be needing a renewal.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
I will prefer this option or better stl go tru another POE
Japsylee:

Thank you for your response. Please what documents should she go with if we are called after writing to inform them.
Also I was thinking of just going through Houston poe and having at least 20k dollars between me and my wife and also having a card with money as well plus a letter from a hospital and also pay ments of maybe 2k advance to the doctor and a letter from the hospital expecting me?
Also what's the worst case scenario?
Please advice? Thanks A lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ahmadrc:

I have seen a 1 week visa with condition so anything is possible. If ure not looking to use it for other purpose, from what you states at your interview, i believe the 3 months should be enough?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2019
Babanmutum:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really confused on what to do now. My interview is in a few days.�
Call the hospital. See if they can do something about the discounts. Shey discount is not by force ni.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 12:27am On Apr 19, 2019
dee1782:
My hubby and i were granted visa to usa in 2016 and we used the visa in 2016 for vacation and then used it for Birthing in march 2018, though i wrote to them that i was going to use it for birthing purpose and it expired in May, 2018. we applied for dropbox but we were asked to schedule for appointment which we did. unfortunately our visa renewal was denied because they saw discount in our hospital receipt despite the fact that we paid all our bills. we also got a letter of non-indebteness from the hospital and even from the doctor. Please i just want to know if we can re-apply again soon and how to go about it. Please i need your help for the way forward because we are also planning to apply for UK and Canadian visa.
You converted a Visa issued for vacation to a medical visa. So it may be difficult for you to get renewal even if your wife is not pregnant because you might be tempted to convert it again later on. After all a lot can happen in two years.

Converting it skips the process check. The Embassy would want to see the hospital and ensure that you are not accepting discounts. That's why many are encouraged to return for a medical Visa after being issued a Visa for visiting/vacation.

You can travel to other places you mentioned and reapply when you are ready to give birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Patiencemom: 4:03am On Apr 19, 2019
NothingDoMe:
You converted a Visa issued for vacation to a medical visa. So it may be difficult for you to get renewal even if your wife is not pregnant because you might be tempted to convert it again later on. After all a lot can happen in two years.

Converting it skips the process check. The Embassy would want to see the hospital and ensure that you are not accepting discounts. That's why many are encouraged to return for a medical Visa after being issued a Visa for visiting/vacation.

You can travel to other places you mentioned and reapply when you are ready to give birth.

Has anyone on this forum with a valid USA visa ever gone to renew for childbirth and then had it denied?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mira90: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
[quote author=alexandramylee post=66260315]Hi Julzz. I sent you a mail a few minutes ago, please accept. I need to make some enquiries about the hospital and the doctor you used. Thanks.[/quote Pleas can you help me with the contact details of the doctor you used at St Francis hospital LA? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mira90: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
creamynuela88:

Hello Julzz don't know how it works but I think I pm u. Pls do reply as I would like to know more about the hospital and doctor u used hoping to birth in LA. Thanks

Hi Julz, please how do I send you a direct message to give me details of Dr M of saint Francis hospital La? What’s the doctors full name? Everyone keep saying doctor M. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ainaolamolu: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello house, I am a first timer here and I would like some advice on how to go about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Get a good hospital first, get a correspondence letter from your ob/gyn or hospital, apply for b2, get your documents ready, go for interview and start preparing to travel once you have your visa. (This is the short version of the explanation) if you want more information, you’ll have to read through or contact any of the mommies with experience...
ainaolamolu:
Hello house, I am a first timer here and I would like some advice on how to go about it.

I am a first time mum who is pregnant. My mum wants to sponsor my giving birth in the US. What do I need to do as per visa interview? Thanks �

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ainaolamolu: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
cream4eva:
Get a good hospital first, get a correspondence letter from your ob/gyn or hospital, apply for b2, get your documents ready, go for interview and start preparing to travel once you have your visa. (This is the short version of the explanation) if you want more information, you’ll have to read through or contact any of the mommies with experience...

Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Pls guys is it possible to get an earlier date? I’m trying to schedule an appointment but I’m getting August and I need a date around May/june... pls I want to know if there’s a way to get an earlier date! Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:50am On Apr 20, 2019
cream4eva:
Pls guys is it possible to get an earlier date? I’m trying to schedule an appointment but I’m getting August and I need a date around May/june... pls I want to know if there’s a way to get an earlier date! Thank you

You have to virtually sleep on that appointment page, remember to carry your mat there. Just keep checking and refreshing, you will be fortunate, maybe in less than an hour, or in a few days/weeks. All the Best!

It is the same thing I believe anyone offering to help you will do too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Ebony84:
I'm in Boston too.. leaving next week.

Birth certificate and SS should have been done at the hospital. Normally ready for collection at Boston City hall in 2weeks from date of application. SSN is sent out by mail within 3weeks.

For the US passport, you can apply once you get your consent form and birth certificate. Consent form is form DS-3053 printable from the US passport website. Hubby would take the unsigned form to the US embassy for notarization(make sure he fills your name as it is on your passport). He can book appointment on US embassy Nigeria website..you can Google 'notarization US embassy Nigeria'

He will need to send you the original copy to apply for US passport. DHL takes about 4days to arrive in Boston. My hubby paid 23k to send. You can book appointment to apply at Boston passport agency if your ticket date is within 2weeks or you need a visa within 4wks. Just tell them you fall in that category, they don't need to know about voa. Make sure you go with copy of your ticket. Check US passport website for detailed list of documents.

My LO's passport was ready in 2days.

As for medical bills..just prepare yourself. Boston is not cheap but if you look at the bill and it doesn't look right,don't be afraid to ask billing for review.

All the best!

Hello madam. Pls what hospital did you use in Boston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
thank you for this, but i tried this today and after a time, i got a message on the screen that i have reached maximum refresh for the day
OmoBendel24:

You have to virtually sleep on that appointment page, remember to carry your mat there. Just keep checking and refreshing, you will be fortunate, maybe in less than an hour, or in a few days/weeks. All the Best!

It is the same thing I believe anyone offering to help you will do too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2019
cream4eva:
thank you for this, but i tried this today and after a time, i got a message on the screen that i have reached maximum refresh for the day

When you log in to the page, don’t you see the first available date on your dashboard? Why get past there when the date you see isn’t good for you? I’m worried that even if you get to see an early date, you may miss out on it. Sighs!

Coming....

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/278#68558559

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
Continue next day but it’s so tiring. Better stl engage agents to help out cos I cldnt get and it’s already late for me, having Baby in Naija
cream4eva:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2019
Thanks for this, I will continue to to refresh without going past the dashboard. Hopefully, I’ll get a fairer date
OmoBendel24:

When you log in to the page, don’t you see the first available date on your dashboard? Why get past there when the date you see isn’t good for you? I’m worried that even if you get to see an early date, you may miss out on it. Sighs!

Coming....

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/278#68558559
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
cream4eva:
Thanks for this, I will continue to to refresh without going past the dashboard. Hopefully, I’ll get a fairer date

Good one.... There’s no max number of times in this approach (you are spying and not entering yet) compared to what you were doing (that style allows between 3-5 times entries only I think, don’t waste it). Once you sight an appropriate date for yourself on the dashboard, speed through the process from thence and possess the date. That simple! Hope you went through the link I sent though?

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.