Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166469 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2019
Hello, pls, how do I get a correspondence from John Peter Smith? I’m planning to use them
customised87:
Hello house, please has anyone who used JPS (John Peter Smith) in Dallas gone for renewal recently? What was the outcome and how was the interview?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubu18: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Hello house, trust we are all fine. Please does any one have an email address for Pediatrix or anyone’s email in Central billing? I want to send am email to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hello, pls I’ll also love their contact too. Thank you so much
Totalquiet:

I have contact at Inova Hospital in Virginia that is close by. Send me message and I'll give you the contact information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cinammon(f): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hello People

I am back again o. Please those of us intending to use Hospitals in Maryland, is anybody also experiencing this whole thing with Hospitals saying they don’t do email correspondences? I have called over 10 hospitals and they keep telling me that they can only give estimated charges over the phone but will not send emails.

My interview is fast approaching, what do I do if I am asked for Hospital correspondence? I have their prices but no email correspondences.

I have Doctor’s correspondence and appointment letter but the hospital one is what I am contending with now.

Please what do you people advise?

I am still doing my search anyways but I will really appreciate any referrals to hospitals that are willing to give email correspondences. Particularly hospitals with 10k and above charges, I know Maryland is not cheap and I do not want to even compromise with using hospitals that charge lesser.

Please help, thank you in Advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peacenigeria: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
As it had already been stated:

WHY DOES BIRTH TOURISM ONLY EXIST FOR WHITES?

Mason White, Staff Writer|April 14, 2019
A Florida firm named “Miami Mama” organizes a legal way for Russians to come give birth in the U.S., yet for other ethnic groups it’s not so easy.
It’s called “birth-tourism,” and this is why it’s not okay.
In August 1492, Christopher Columbus left Europe in search of a new world for a better life. He found land that was occupied however and didn’t have established borders, land that white men would come to control who would bring other ethnic groups to, land they founded called America.
Over 500 years later, the people who still possess a strong influence in controlling birthright citizenship in the U.S. are allowing for a clear and easy path for those of their own color, while from a foreign land, to come here and have children that will be granted automatic citizenship, but for minority groups it’s not that simple.
In the last decade, so-called “birth-tourism” has skyrocketed, especially in Florida, with many of the mothers to be coming from Russia. And many are staying at Trump properties during their visit, according to a 2018 NBC News report.
Miami Mama was raided by the FBI in June 2018 and an employee was arrested and convicted of making false statements in filling out passport applications for these “birth-tourists,” according to the report.
President Donald Trump has not been shy when it comes to expressing his beliefs about this issue, saying explicitly that the U.S. needs to end naturalized birthright citizenship altogether
citing “anchor babies” coming through the Mexican border, but is silent on Russian mothers-to-be trying to do the same thing.
It’s no question that President Trump takes issue with immigration and so called “anchor babies” coming from America’s southern border, but at the same time he appears to turn a blind eye towards people of white nationality who wish to create a potential American future for their children by establishing U.S. birthright citizenship for them.
These seemingly unequal nuances at such a superior level are very dangerous. It sets a precedent for, and a quiet acceptance, of inequality on a national scale.
Furthermore the President’s harsh rhetoric on people of color but so silent on those that aren’t, amplifies this danger.
The U.S. Constitution states that all people born on U.S. soil are naturalized citizens.
But certain leaders with high power are trying to hinder that right for minority groups, while allowing it for others.
While that is special treatment for some, it’s harsh inequality for others, and it’s not in line with America’s true values.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/birth-tourism-brings-russian-baby-boom-miami -n836121

SOURCE: https://www.thecrcconnection.com/opinion/2019/04/14/why-does-birth-tourism-only-exist-for-whites/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Patiencemom: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
peacenigeria:
As it had already been stated:

WHY DOES BIRTH TOURISM ONLY EXIST FOR WHITES?

Mason White, Staff Writer|April 14, 2019
A Florida firm named “Miami Mama” organizes a legal way for Russians to come give birth in the U.S., yet for other ethnic groups it’s not so easy.
It’s called “birth-tourism,” and this is why it’s not okay.
In August 1492, Christopher Columbus left Europe in search of a new world for a better life. He found land that was occupied however and didn’t have established borders, land that white men would come to control who would bring other ethnic groups to, land they founded called America.
Over 500 years later, the people who still possess a strong influence in controlling birthright citizenship in the U.S. are allowing for a clear and easy path for those of their own color, while from a foreign land, to come here and have children that will be granted automatic citizenship, but for minority groups it’s not that simple.
In the last decade, so-called “birth-tourism” has skyrocketed, especially in Florida, with many of the mothers to be coming from Russia. And many are staying at Trump properties during their visit, according to a 2018 NBC News report.
Miami Mama was raided by the FBI in June 2018 and an employee was arrested and convicted of making false statements in filling out passport applications for these “birth-tourists,” according to the report.
President Donald Trump has not been shy when it comes to expressing his beliefs about this issue, saying explicitly that the U.S. needs to end naturalized birthright citizenship altogether
citing “anchor babies” coming through the Mexican border, but is silent on Russian mothers-to-be trying to do the same thing.
It’s no question that President Trump takes issue with immigration and so called “anchor babies” coming from America’s southern border, but at the same time he appears to turn a blind eye towards people of white nationality who wish to create a potential American future for their children by establishing U.S. birthright citizenship for them.
These seemingly unequal nuances at such a superior level are very dangerous. It sets a precedent for, and a quiet acceptance, of inequality on a national scale.
Furthermore the President’s harsh rhetoric on people of color but so silent on those that aren’t, amplifies this danger.
The U.S. Constitution states that all people born on U.S. soil are naturalized citizens.
But certain leaders with high power are trying to hinder that right for minority groups, while allowing it for others.
While that is special treatment for some, it’s harsh inequality for others, and it’s not in line with America’s true values.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/birth-tourism-brings-russian-baby-boom-miami -n836121

SOURCE: https://www.thecrcconnection.com/opinion/2019/04/14/why-does-birth-tourism-only-exist-for-whites/

They don't care about Russia because they are rich and staying in trump properties, spending a lot of money. Most of us on this forum are always looking for ways to get the cheapest deal in the cheapest state and just a few pages ago people were trying to figure out how to use possible insurance after one good story. The Russians are not doing that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
I got a quote of $10,710 from emory and they said it includes the 35% discount. Should one go for such pls your suggestions would be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Patiencemom:

They don't care about Russia because they are rich and staying in trump properties, spending a lot of money. Most of us on this forum are always looking for ways to get the cheapest deal in the cheapest state and just a few pages ago people were trying to figure out how to use possible insurance after one good story. The Russians are not doing that.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
Japsylee:
I am so happy and elated for you. Please house I have a different problem. We were issued a U.S visa sometime March last year and I have visited twice while my wife was yet to use her own. She was asked wether she was pregnant last year and she said no she was not. She is now pregnant and wants to give birth in the U.s.
I am in a fix as regarding if we should write to the embassy to inform them of our plab or just travel cos we have bought our ticket already?
Please help a brother

Let me advice you to the best of my knowledge. There have been people here who were issued visas like your dear wife for vacation and later wrote to the embassy that they wanted to use the visa for birthing and they got a letter from the US embassy Informing them that the visa has been canceled.
So I would advice you to jejely tell your wife to reapply straight away and not write any letter, this would show the visa officer that you guys are sincere and straight forward. Someone on this thread followed this route and she got her visa. Do not write any letter o, just apply straight away.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mom2015: 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
Good evening house!
Its been a while i posted the forum. Please l want to find out if there is any cheap accomodation available in Washington or Virginia. Its a bit urgent as ill be traveling next week but the people im contacting arent responding. Sabi mamas and papas Please help. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumnadine: 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please am I suppose to go with my baby’s blue passport for my 221g interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
mumnadine:
Please am I suppose to go with my baby’s blue passport for my 221g interview?

Ummm….Not really necessary.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please do,i was asked for mine during my interview and thank God my hubby did coz i already told him not too but his instinct kicked him. The VO asked when i had my baby to confirm the date of delivery he asked for it. It wont hurt holding it with your other docs

Beautyaddy:

Ummm….Not really necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2019
Hello people so after spending almost the whole of my day contacting hospitals in Chicago and calling doctors to book and get correspondence i have come to the conclusion that some of us are the cause of our problems. I dont mean to offend anyone but someone's action might and will affect the other. Imagine hospitals saying they have stopped receiving patients from international countries or they cant give you any correspondence or email whatsoever when they hear you are Nigerian. It's truly exhausting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 1:22am On Apr 18, 2019
aamey15:
Hello people so after spending almost the whole of my day contacting hospitals in Chicago and calling doctors to book and get correspondence i have come to the conclusion that some of us are the cause of our problems. I dont mean to offend anyone but someone's action might and will affect the other. Imagine hospitals saying they have stopped receiving patients from international countries or they cant give you any correspondence or email whatsoever when they hear you are Nigerian. It's truly exhausting.
It is the Embassy effect. If you have been following the trend then you should not be surprised.

I wonder why you are quick to put the blame on the NIGERIAN. Those hospitals are not ready to have their billing system scrutinized by the Embassy.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 2:26am On Apr 18, 2019
aamey15:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 4:44am On Apr 18, 2019
And this is the fault of Nigerians? How so?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babanmutum: 4:54am On Apr 18, 2019
Hello everyone, I got hospital estimate from Northside Hospital, Atlanta. See bill attached. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if this is good to present at the interview. Though I'm yet to get correspondence from a doctor. Most of them say they don't send email. Only verbal confirmation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2019
grin
Titok207:
Apparently, I had the initial quote from henrico doctors hospital and had all my prenatal test done there. I then read drafricana’s post about henrico and visa renewal. At the POE, I was sent to secondary inspection. The IO that attended to me asked what hospital I wanted to use, gave him the henrico doctors hospital result and all. He then ask if that is the main hospital I wanted to use, I then mentioned to him I had changed my mind and showed him Dr Moore’s letter and all that I am aware of the insurance more reason I had to change my hospital. He replied saying; if you had told me you wanted to use this hospital, I would have send you back to Nigeria because they claim self pay whereas they use insurance and taxpayers money.
So, Mothers if possible kindly avoid hospitals with self pay price or rediculous bills. He accepted the Maryland own and stamped me in. I then asked if I wouldn’t have issue with the hospital, he said provided I pay all my bills.

Some people feel am calling them out for nothing let me elaborate
1) they wont give an itemised bill
2) after you give birth they will never be helpful
In anyway,all calls go to voice mail
3) i have a bill that states “insurance discount”
The others are just reciepts
4) called dr fitzhugh to help me sort it out they told him they dont give itemized bill and can not help him that if the embassy needs verification they should call the hospital
5)they do not accept any additional payments
6)the hospital is now a red flag like the huston hospitals
7)they will sweet talk u initially dont be fooled its a death trap and i mean it
cool if ur a billy goat go there,if you doubt i can flood your time line with email transcripts
9) my sister drove 8 hrs there to sort thing out guess what they said its confidential and dey can only attend to me in person
Ve. Never seen this kind of thing before....
10) a word is enough for the wise cos 2 years later ya gonna be needing a renewal jejely port to maryland now that God has sent me as ur angel
11) anyone that has used henricos and renewed “WAVE YOUR HAND”

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Maybe its out of frustration after spending almost all day calling different hospitals and the moment you say i am Nigerian the conversation changes. in as much as its the Embassy effect so to speak, i think we have a great impact on the decisions made as well. A friend went to a hospital in Chicago last year to have her baby and guess what she was almost rejected because a Nigerian Lady had her baby and refused to settle her extra bills after it was clearly stated in the OB package. As i stated earlier i dont mean to offend anyone but its tiring.

NothingDoMe:
It is the Embassy effect. If you have been following the trend then you should not be surprised.

I wonder why you are quick to put the blame on the NIGERIAN. Those hospitals are not ready to have their billing system scrutinized by the Embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2019
aamey15:
Maybe its out of frustration after spending almost all day calling different hospitals and the moment you say i am Nigerian the conversation changes. in as much as its the Embassy effect so to speak, i think we have a great impact on the decisions made as well. A friend went to a hospital in Chicago last year to have her baby and guess what she was almost rejected because a Nigerian Lady had her baby and refused to settle her extra bills after it was clearly stated in the OB package. As i stated earlier i dont mean to offend anyone but its tiring.

If the problem is with Nigerians not paying their bills then the hospital can insist on substiantial prepayment or even complete payment to ascertain the patients solvency.

It is really really simple.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2019
Babanmutum:
Hello everyone, I got hospital estimate from Northside Hospital, Atlanta. See bill attached. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if this is good to present at the interview. Though I'm yet to get correspondence from a doctor. Most of them say they don't send email. Only verbal confirmation.
This will not fly at the Embassy. Tell them you dont want any discounts.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2019
I am having the same problems ooo, all the hospitals I have contacted only gave me price estimates to, they said they don’t send email correspondence ooo... I can’t even find a doctor to give me appointment too! Pls sis, can you share with me the doctor that gave you appointment letter so I can contact them too? I need one pls
cinammon:
Hello People

I am back again o. Please those of us intending to use Hospitals in Maryland, is anybody also experiencing this whole thing with Hospitals saying they don’t do email correspondences? I have called over 10 hospitals and they keep telling me that they can only give estimated charges over the phone but will not send emails.

My interview is fast approaching, what do I do if I am asked for Hospital correspondence? I have their prices but no email correspondences.

I have Doctor’s correspondence and appointment letter but the hospital one is what I am contending with now.

Please what do you people advise?

I am still doing my search anyways but I will really appreciate any referrals to hospitals that are willing to give email correspondences. Particularly hospitals with 10k and above charges, I know Maryland is not cheap and I do not want to even compromise with using hospitals that charge lesser.

Please help, thank you in Advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cinammon(f): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2019
aamey15:

It has to be the embassy effect, especially with this Insurance scam brouhaha.
When I call I don’t even introduce myself as Nigerian, I just say I am ‘self- pay’ and I need estimate charges for delivery. They tell me they can’t email, just over the phone.

I guess they know now that once you request for correspondence it’s most likely for Visa purposes.

It is well. I will just go in good faith and speak my truth when they ask for hospital correspondence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cinammon(f): 11:29am On Apr 18, 2019
cream4eva:
I am having the same problems ooo, all the hospitals I have contacted only gave me price estimates to, they said they don’t send email correspondence ooo... I can’t even find a doctor to give me appointment too! Pls sis, can you share with me the doctor that gave you appointment letter so I can contact them too? I need one pls

They’re based in Maryland tho. You will have to make full payment before they can send your appointment and travel letter. I didn’t have any problems with that as it’s the same OBGYN that delivered my 1st baby. I asked if it’s refundable and they said yes. You can PM me for their details.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babanmutum: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
NothingDoMe:
This will not fly at the Embassy. Tell them you dont want any discounts.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really confused on what to do now. My interview is in a few days.�
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dee1782: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
My hubby and i were granted visa to usa in 2016 and we used the visa in 2016 for vacation and then used it for Birthing in march 2018, though i wrote to them that i was going to use it for birthing purpose and it expired in May, 2018. we applied for dropbox but we were asked to schedule for appointment which we did. unfortunately our visa renewal was denied because they saw discount in our hospital receipt despite the fact that we paid all our bills. we also got a letter of non-indebteness from the hospital and even from the doctor. Please i just want to know if we can re-apply again soon and how to go about it. Please i need your help for the way forward because we are also planning to apply for UK and Canadian visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.