Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164711 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by julzz(f): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Graciousbee:
Hello dear fam,

Please I want to make an enquiry about BA. If you have 2 stop overs before your final destination, at what point do you get your luggages. Like travelling to Atlanta, and the port of entry is Dallas. Will baggages be released to passengers at Dallas or at the final destination which is Atlanta.

Thank you.

Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
julzz:

Atlanta

Waaaattt?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AAESO: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Waaaattt?

Absolutely correct,you will have to get your baggage at ATL,den check it in again for local connecting flight going to Dallas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Graciousbee:
Hello dear fam,

Please I want to make an enquiry about BA. If you have 2 stop overs before your final destination, at what point do you get your luggages. Like travelling to Atlanta, and the port of entry is Dallas. Will baggages be released to passengers at Dallas or at the final destination which is Atlanta.

Thank you.

AAESO, read again and justify.... See POE @bolded and final destination again as written.

Cc:Julzz

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anfanio: 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Graciousbee:
Hello dear fam,

Thank you.

Your port of entry is Dallas, you will claim all your stuff at the Dallas port and re-check in on a local flight to Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AAESO: 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
OmoBendel24:

AAESO, read again and justify.... See POE @bolded and final destination again as written.

So sorry the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by julzz(f): 10:41am On Apr 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Lol I didn’t read well, that will be Dallas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:11am On Apr 22, 2019
AAESO:

So sorry the other way round.

smiley was wondering cheesy.... Thumbs up guys!
julzz:

Lol I didn’t read well, that will be Dallas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tamasweet1: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hello, anyone headed to Chicago in June? Please send a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:

smiley was wondering cheesy.... Thumbs up guys!

Is this for just BA because on my trip to Houston, our point of entry was New York but we gpt our luggage in Houston which is our final destination although this was on Turkish
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Please anyone with hospital and doctor contact in California should help me o..Tried doing a DIY but these are the kind of quotes i am getting o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 2:34am On Apr 23, 2019
BOmum:
Please anyone with hospital and doctor contact in California should help me o..Tried doing a DIY but these are the kind of quotes i am getting o

The embassy will be extremely elated with this type of quote grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2019
BOmum:

You can opt in for a private insurance, I was on insurance and my total out-of-pocket was $6,500, despite the fact that my baby was in the NICU for 7 weeks.

I renewed my visa and no issue was raised around the fact that i got insured, they were only concerned about me fulfilling my part of the contract.

I hope it helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 11:07am On Apr 23, 2019
BOmum:
Embassy approved quotations cheesy cheesy

As a matter of fact, this will even exceed their expectations.

The Lord is you pipo's muscle. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2019
BOmum:

Is this for just BA because on my trip to Houston, our point of entry was New York but we gpt our luggage in Houston which is our final destination although this was on Turkish

Oh, really? You probably picked up your stuff at NY and rechecked it in there too, maybe unconsciously. Or consciously but you didn’t quite get this is what we are talking of. That is, you will have to first pick up your luggage @POE and recheck them in, final pickup however will be at your final destination.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mldtemi(f): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
Hello mamas & papas,

Please can anybody share what a zero balance letter looks like. The hospital that I used said they can only send me an email that I have cleared my bills and that they don’t do zero balance letters.

I want to know the content so that I can tell them what to put in the email.

Please help a sister!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
olamie:

You can opt in for a private insurance I was on insurance and my total out-of-pocket was $6,500, despite the fact that my baby was in the NICU for 7 weeks.

I renewed my visa and no issue was raised around the fact that i got insured, they were only concerned about me fulfilling my part of the contract.

I hope it helps.

Recipe for disaster. Because you were able to renew your visa with insurance doesn’t mean it’s gonna be the same story for others. VOs frown at insurance, I guess you just got lucky.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
BOmum:
That’s Cedars Sinai, the hospital is very expensive (that’s where all the celebrities... the Kardashians and all the Hollywood people birth).

Look for another doctor and hospital

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2019
MamaOO:

That’s Cedars Sinai, the hospital is very expensive (that’s where all the celebrities... the Kardashians and all the Hollywood people birth).

I totally understand you. I want to believe we are not Visa officers and they know what they are looking for.

I would appreciate if you can show me one person who got a Private insurance, not insurance for residents, and was denied on that basis, then I will totally agree with you.

I believe my case was more of God's grace and not "Luck".
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Embassy approved quotations cheesy cheesy

As a matter of fact, this will even exceed their expectations.

The Lord is you pipo's muscle. Amen.

Lool i know the VOs will like this one bit i don't want to present a quote of like 35k when my medical budget is half of that...If im looking at spending not more than 15k on Medicals, i also want a quote around that range too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
MamaOO:

Oh i see...The doctor had really good ratings and review so i was drawn to him..Too bad he is above my league
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by customised87: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
cream4eva:
Hello, pls, how do I get a correspondence from John Peter Smith? I’m planning to use them

I don't think they give letters, you walk in and register at the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ifegy: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Graciousbee:
Hello dear fam,

Thank you.

When your luggage is checked in at the your port of departure, there will be a tag placed on it that will indicate both the port of check in, the ports of transit and, in bold, the final port to which your luggage is checked through. The ports are in code: ATL= Atlanta, DFW = Dallas, etc. If you see in bold ATL as the last listed port on the tag, that means your luggage is checked all way through to Atlanta; and if you see DFW, that means you have to pick it up at DFW, re check it and re enter through security for your boarding.

Depending on the airline, you may be able to track your luggage while it is in transit by using the information on the portion of the luggage tag which will be handed to you at your initial port of check in.

Hold on to the luggage tag until you finally pick up your luggage as you'll need it if you need to follow up on lost or delayed luggage. In some parts of the world the tag you're holding gets checked by airport security to make sure it matches the tag on the luggage you claim before you are allowed to leave the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cream4eva(f): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ooh, okay... thank you
customised87:

I don't think they give letters, you walk in and register at the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please can i get a sample of letter of change of intent. Asking for a friend.. she has used the visa twice for vacation before now (October 2018 and January 2019). Now she want to use the same Visa for child birth and she also want to write to the embassy before she go ahead. Please kindly help with sample of the change of intent letter.
Also any recommendation on any nice hospital in California (Somewhere around hawthorne).

Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CocoaOla: 2:49am On Apr 24, 2019
Someone should update me on the latest cost and the cheapest state thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 3:25am On Apr 24, 2019
CocoaOla:
Someone should update me on the latest cost and the cheapest state thanks

www.doctoresparati.com

The ad is on every page.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 6:16am On Apr 24, 2019
FADEO:
Please can i get a sample of letter of change of intent. Asking for a friend.. she has used the visa twice for vacation before now (October 2018 and January 2019). Now she want to use the same Visa for child birth and she also want to write to the embassy before she go ahead. Please kindly help with sample of the change of intent letter.
Also any recommendation on any nice hospital in California (Somewhere around hawthorne).

Thanks all.

That era might be over. kindly advise your friend to apply for B2 to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Hey, please can I send you a PM.

uote author=afrobrown2000 post=66537840]dear NL,
my dear wife just came back from her missionary trip a week ago with my LO did notarized doc at no cost ($50 waiver was applied) did VOA at $190 went to the airport with $200 paid for her on arrival to my surprise they gave me $10 change
Delivery was at baylor Scott and white Whiterock dallas heard the name just changed....via CS by Dr Esebede

all bills paid except pediatrics

hospital $4300
Dr $2800
lab $230
Anesthesiologist $1000
pathology $104 (discounted $30)

pediatrics $1610 (discounted to $1104)

thats where the problem is had a set of twins in 2015 who had a normal newborn bill of $312 each totaling $624 same hospital how come for my LO it came to this price $1104

so i decided to call them myself on friday and noticed this bill came from a clinic called Pediatrix nothing changed...then i remembered a discussion about them earlier on this tread which i felt they wouldnt be the ones handling my LO delivery..
they have a healthy baby package which is to be paid before delivery and that is supposed to cost $675....will call on monday and see if i could still get the package

pls for those that haven't delivered you might also try and find out about this information to avoid unnecessary cost ...thanks

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CocoaOla: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2019
Vlesparza:

www.doctoresparati.com

The ad is on every page.
thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please can someone send me the US Embassy address to send a letter of intent to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.